[Subbed] Nogizaka Shows Thread

Discussion in 'General Nogizaka46 Discussion' started by jiaemi, Sep 23, 2013.

1. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Pokemon...
    Talking about the best gen, that reminds me of the Pokemon Gen. 1st gen always becomes a memorable gen because it offers something different than other games. I also love the B&W pixel style. The only game that can rival this gen is FF early gen, I think when you can combine or eat monsters to get skills or something like that.

However, to me, the best gen would be 2nd gen. The introduction of day and night time, access to the old Kanto region after we finished the Johto region, and the easy trading system makes it fun to play over and over. The Gold Edition was still the best Pokemon game to me.

I also love 3rd gen Pokemon. I think this one is the best pixel-style Pokemon game. Plus, it has many new and interesting Pokemon to combine. It also has a new feature, Secret Base, which I never used because it is so bothersome. I think in this gen, they implement the true dual-type Pokemon. Previously, they also have dual-type. But in this gen, they make sure the move matches the dual type. And because of that, Totodile is my favorite and convenient water/ground type. No more worry about an electric attack on my water Pokemon.:) I remember on the 1st gen Pokemon, I used Gyarados to beat all Elite Four Pokemons. I only change it out when facing Aerodactyl. It was so OP before it got flying/water type, which sucks against an electric attack. Now, I am playing the Emerald version and still trying to reach the fifth gym, btw.

After 3rd gen, I also try to play the next Pokemon gen, Diamond. But, it was not as fun as the previous gen. Also, it has too many HM moves. I can't just fit all HM into one team of six Pokemon like before. So, I need to replace them every time I want to use a different HM.
    Then, I stopped playing Pokemon since that. I feel it is too redundant and the gameplay basically the same.:)

Last edited: Mar 4, 2024
    • Creative Creative x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Hououin Kyouma

Hououin Kyouma Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Saitō Asuka/Kamimura Hinano
    After that magnum opus from 1 of the all-time greats, mine looks unoriginal & bland in comparison.
    Star Wars can be split into 5 eras. I was introduced to it on 13 June, 2012, when the 4th, the A.B.Y. era after the original trilogy, was in full swing. Liking what I was getting, I decided to try going to the beginning.
    The 1st era, the Old Republic, is my favourite. After a shaky time at the establishing point, it really captivated me. There's so much variety of stories, characters, & themes, more than any of the other 4, so I've never felt starved for choice. It's rare to have such a wide-spanning feast, yet such a high ratio of dishes to my taste. I may not have been there except for the very end of its lifetime, but that didn't stop me from going back & finding the oldest to also be the most enchanting. It has most of my favourite major & minor characters, & even gave my favourite, Darth Bane, 1 of the greatest & most important in the entire franchise.
    The 2nd era is the Prequel period. In many ways, it's a continuation of the 1st. Many debate the quality between the 2, but I've always loved both. The 2nd spans less time, has less material, & doesn't have as much successful variety, but I always see it as an inseparable, justified companion to the 1st Old Republic sub-franchise.
    The 3rd, the Original Trilogy era, is my 2nd favourite. It has some of the very best entries in the series, &, in terms of objective quality, has the only story that stands alongside the best-executed in Star Wars. While the 2nd era is the 1st's extension, the 3rd is more of a new wind; a major shake-up of image & status quo that still brilliantly builds upon what came before.
    The 4th is the New Republic era. It's split into 2 sub-periods, 1 that quickly follows the 3rd, & 1 a bit more in the future. The latter initially was just a fun addendum, before justifying itself as a shorter-but-just-as-worthy part of the 4th period. Outside of the 1st era, my favourite Star Wars story comes from the 4th. The New Republic period is only 4th my favourite, but primarily because it had less time than the older 3, & also faced such high earlier quality. It has more material than all except the 1st, but not the same hit ratio. Nevertheless, I do love it. It was also the newest addition when I found Star Wars, so it has a special place for me.
    The 5th is Disney era. The people at the top chose to start with more rapid releases than ever before. I was initially very optimistic, but a lot of controversy followed. Management didn't seem to know how to react, which stunted their 5th era's quick start. Sometimes, they leaned fiercely into recreating what fans of older material would recognise. Occassionally, it was essentially writing over the 4th era. Other times, it felt like they wanted the new era to constantly be essentially a new franchise. Star Wars was the most successful franchise of its type, but it suddenly felt like those steering it didn't know how it got there. "Exactly the same" & "complete reinvention" seemed the only options, when they should have been "continuing to build upon the most solid foundation there can be". We were overloaded with material, as if quantity was placed over quality.

Fans were split like rarely before. Too many who disliked 1 story wrote off everything immediately. Too many who loved the newest era aggressively went after those who didn't. It was the exciting 1st new period after I joined, but I felt alienated by those who didn't feel that taking a more neutral, reasonable, objective outlook was possible. A new fan like me felt that I could start international wars by saying "I like some stories. 1 of them is already among my favourites. I've not yet bought into others." I've only been a fan for less than a quarter of Star Wars' history, & it feels like I arrived at the worst-possible time.

Most of the original works, much of what I adored, went away soon after I joined. What initially replaced them felt like it didn't know how to continue from what did remain. It should've been about being harmonious with what came before, but there was a bizarre divide, like new Star Wars releases was being pushed as a separate franchise. Star Wars is an immense influence on me, & is a primary weapon in my battles against mental illness. I felt like the people in charge, & some fans, were going to permanently change both facts.

After the crisis of identity & vitriol, the 5th era looks to be settling. Its rough start has it in 5th of 5 places for me, but it's the youngest entry. It has time to grow, & is starting to gain real confidence & form. I'm optimistic about it, as well as a potential 6th era that seem intended to build upon the original 1st or 4th. My love for 1 doesn't affect my feelings for another, but I hope that I keep becoming a bigger fan of them all.
    Sorry, everyone.

Ps. Everything above applies to Nogizaka46, including "biggest franchise of its type" & "I've only been a fan for just under a quarter of its history".

I don't let my personal rankings or feelings affect my weekly Kōjichū expansions.
    Have a fantastic week, everyone!

Last edited: Mar 4, 2024
    • Creative Creative x 5
  3. signupsus

signupsus Member

Just out of curiosity, I checked the latest status on the "official" NUC subs. The last ep they did was from Feb. 4, so they're now a month behind. Man am I glad GEES kept going!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Hououin Kyouma

Oshimen:
    #448 (New Year Party, pt. 1) isn't just the last episode with English subtitles. It's the latest release with Nihongo subtitles, too. Forget localisation, even just the transcriptions of the original words (that would be the base for timing & formatting of any other subtitles, & then translated/localised) aren't currently being published. Research, in both English & Nihongo, hasn't given any information or acknowledgement yet.

Regardless, long live GEES & all others who've been translators (like MasToppu above). Whether any of you've stopped or are still working, we're incredibly grateful for your passion & service!

Last edited: Mar 5, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 10
  5. signupsus

signupsus Member

The live broadcast on TV Tokyo includes Japanese subtitles. So GEES and others do have access to them.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hououin Kyouma

Oshimen:
    I'm sorry for not being clear. I meant to say that the transcriptions aren't even being released, weekly, on YouTube anymore. That was the big announcement: from 01/01/24, original & English subtitles will be available 1 week after each episode is uploaded. That promise lasted mere weeks. I can't even try machine captions for, say, Spanish, like the original announcement suggested. The CC icon is grey.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. juniorbeho

juniorbeho Kenkyuusei

The same company has been doing the subtitles on the Sakurazaka Channel and I noticed last week or so that they had pretty much caught up there where that had been months behind. Maybe just redirecting their efforts.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Sanjuro

Sanjuro Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsuda Konoka
    • Winner Winner x 14
    • Like Like x 8
  9. maiyanzaka46

maiyanzaka46 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    白石麻衣 / 守屋茜 / 佐々木久美
    • Winner Winner x 11
    • Like Like x 6
  10. Hououin Kyouma

Oshimen:
    Here's the expansion of many of the backstories, reference points, & relevant shows & movies of Nogizaka Kōjichū #452. This week features the 1st-ever Nogizaka46 T.V. appearance, the Sankisei solo miniseries, & a member falling unconscious! Hopefully, you get a good mix of context, learning, fun, & memories!
    I usually just replay a new episode once, & type all of the points from memory as I go. It only takes a few hours. This week, I spent more time to dig deeper into my recall, as the show dug into a lot of history this time, to weave a more elaborate tapestry than normal. As such, there's a slightly wider range of material beyond Kōjichū. I especially recommend the non-flagship shows & the Documentaries of Nogizaka46.

There's about 46 hours & 35 minutes of material here, so I wouldn't recommend consuming it all in 1 go, or even 2 or 3! Go through it over several days or even weeks, or else you'll simply forget the majority of what you just experienced.

The average release date of the included videos is 22 Nov., 2018, almost exactly half-way in Nogizaka's current history.
    Nogizaka Jigsaw-chū
    1. Kōjichū #449: Grand New Year Party Last Part (at 24:02) (soft/hard)

All pieces of Himura Gundan fit together like they were made for each other.

2. Kōjichū #200: Nogizaka Kōjichū in Okinawa, pt. 1/Etō Misa-san's Graduation Message (at 13:54) (soft/hard)

Himura-san's desire of a Nogizaka-chan jigsaw puzzle is declared, about 5 years before it would be fulfilled.

3. Kōjichū #315: Yoda Quiz (at 22:43) (soft/hard)

This week isn't the 1st time that a framed jigsaw puzzle has been a Kōjichū prize. This is also the episode that gets us to reikazaka46's current formatting!
    Come on, New Girls!
    The latest Kōjichū episode is a sequel to 2 episodes, being both an audition retrospective & preparation for upcoming new member auditions.

1. tte, Doko? #52: Go Back 1 Year Special/Hito was Naze Hashiru no Ka? (hard)

1 week before the legendary 4th senbatsu announcement (Seifuku no Mannequin, which was also Akimoto-san's debut on the show, while watching with production crew), the 33 active members of Nogizaka46 have a retrospective look at their auditions! You wonder how this group became the top female idols in Nihon. 1 girl, Nishino Nanase-san, is so shy that she can't even hug fellow member Shiraishi Mai-san. Clearly, Nishino-san will never get anywhere near Nogizaka46's forefront.

I had to upload my own back-up copy, as both NogizakaNoUta's original releases & NogiArea's copy aren't currently online.

2. tte, Doko? #72: Let's Do It, Before the Nikisei Join! (hard)

Airing 4 weeks before the Nikisei will be finalised, Nogizaka46 prepare for the 1st new wave of members, just as they skydive into their 5th single: Kimi no Na wa Kibō. They engage with potential Nikisei questions & scenarios. It's fascinating to watch the group, before any of them know what it's like to be joined by non-founding members. You can see the future leaders of Nogizaka46 rise to the surface, like Hashimoto Nanami-san.

By the way, the strange, perhaps-unfamiliar Seifuku no Mannequin choreography, in this episode, is actually largely the original dance. It was changed a few months after being 1st showcased, as referenced in Kōjichū #145 (Fan Selection Best Songs! Last Part, at 11:49) (soft/hard).

That prototype choreography is used for Nogizaka's cousin Boku ga Mitakatta Aozora-san's Seifuku no Mannequin cover music video, as it was created to be an exact replica of the original M.V.
    Sakusaku ga Sakukoro
    P.S. At the time of writing, Umezawa-san centred Harujion ga Sakukoro just a few hours ago, at the 12th Birthday Live Day 1. There are various sources online. Message me, if you can't find any!

1. Kōjichū #439: Year-end Grand Prix 2nd Part (at 15:30) (soft/hard)

As Kawasaki-san says in #452, she only applied on the extension day, hours after the original deadline had passed. She hadn't originally intended to audition, but was encouraged by a classmate who was a Nogizaka46 fan. This friend had been telling her how much she looked like another Sakuchan, who was a member. When the deadline was extended by 24 hours, the friend took it as a sign that Sakuchan was destined to join Sakuchan, so she made 1 final push.
    Omoide Shashin (Photos of Memories)
    P.S. Omoide Shashin is a 2021 film starring the 1st graduating centre, 14th single Harujion ga Sakukoro's Fukagawa Mai-san, & Karina-san, 1 of the leads of Summer Nude, the 1st prime-time show featuring a Nogizaka46 member. That got Hashimoto Nanami-san a lot of playful ribbing in 2013. Summer Nude is available, with subtitles, via several online sources. Message me, if you can't find any!

1. Kōjichū #93-94: Highs & Lows Difference Grand Prix/Hashimoto Nanami-san's Graduation/Sankisei Introductions 1st Part (#93 hard, #94 hard)

What do members consider to be their best & worst looks? From magazine shoots & stageplay promotions to concert merchandise & physical music covers, Nogizaka let us view themselves through their own lenses. (We'll get to the Sanki introductions later)

2. tte, Doko? #59: Nogizaka Photo Exhibition (hard)

Just over a year after formation, they're challenged with showcasing various topics, often featuring themselves & other members as subjects. Even though they're already promoting their 4th single, the fact that we're in a very different stage of social media & make-up tutorials is very evident. The Gokisei, at debut, were far more produced than the rather young & raw images here. I'm not judging either, but just making the observation. This, by the way, is where the famous 1st Shitara-san vs. Inoue Sayuri-san battle happened.

I've had to upload my own copy, as both TamamiCheeks original releases & NogiArea's copy are currently unavailable.

3. tte, Doko? #76: Members' Selfie Tournament/Fukagawa-san & Kawago-san's Birthday Festival (soft subtitles+raw video/hard)

Nogizaka46's original Inoue-san strikes back. Ikuta Erika-san has words for any of you who like to dress cutely at home.

4. NOGIBINGO! #6: Shōjiki Shōgi (soft/hard)

If you're seeking more member self-reflection, look no further than here.

5. NOGIBINGO!3 #11: Camera Masters (hard)

Members are tasked with bringing other members' visuals to their apex. They're in charge of everything, from locations & lighting to angles & clothing (or lack thereof, in 1 shot).

6. NOGIBINGO!5 #12: Thinking About Nogizaka46's Future (soft/hard)

Somewhat a serious version of parts of the new Kōjichū episode, the members take a look at the past, to see the future. Letters & photographs from some special people feature.

7. Kōjichū #150-151: Good Kid Grand Prix (#150 soft/hard, #151 soft/hard)

1-&-a-half years after they joined, the Sankisei's parents decide to aggressively antagonise their children.
    Renka Without a Cause
    She's refined herself into a brilliant & delightful person, but Iwamoto-san certainly used to come at most people as if status & station was irrelevant.

1. Kōjichū #140: No Brains Queen Decisive Battle Last Part (at 08:21, & then 12:09) (soft/hard)

Rentan treats Shitara-san & Himura-san as Osamu-kun & Yuki-kun.

As the next 2 weeks will feature the 4th edition of this tournament, I've included both episodes, of the 2nd installment, at the end of this post.

2. Kōjichū #143: Nogizaka Valentine 2018 (soft/hard)

To be fair, she clearly chooses to rapidly close distances that make her feel uncomfortable. She wouldn't simply disrespect Saitō Asuka-san, who's the pinnacle of her ideals. Iwamoto-san's so respectful that her oshimen is granted her 1st Valentine, at the 7th attempt.

3. Kōjichū #167: 21st Single Hit Campaign First Part (at 02:05) (soft/hard)

Remember, Iwamoto-san is a recovering gyaru in 2024. She was at Gyaru Stage 3 of 5 in 2018.
    Gokisei
    Debut
    The Nogizaka46 Gokisei were formed at some point between December 2021 & January 2022. 8 were revealed from 1-8 February, 2022, & the remaining 3 were unveiled by various means afterwards.

1. 46 Jikan TV 2022: Gokisei Omitatekai (hard), Backstage Interviews (translated text: Ioki-san, Ichinose-san, Inoue Nagi-san, Okada-san, Ogawa-san, Sugawara-san)

Here are the full 1 hour, 25 minutes, & 31 seconds of the public's 1st proper introduction to the Gokisei. Unlike the Sanki & Yonki, they didn't have publicly-available SHOWROOMs, instead having 30-second visual portrait videos as their start. The only information given was their names & home prefectures.

It starts with some of their senpai sharing retrospective thoughts on their own omitatekai. Tomisato-san is absent due to physical illness, & Ikeda-san, Okamoto-san, Kawasaki-san haven't yet been officially acquainted, due to educational impositions that will even keep Kawasaki-san from participating in their 1st M.V., Zetsubō no Ichibyō Mae. Her school prohibited students from mass media participation, from which she won't be released until she graduates in March, weeks after their 1st omitatekai, Kōjichū, & M.V. shoots.

Also included are their post-omitatekai thoughts, in text form.

2. JC Miss Contest 2017 (untranslated article, but I've included the main points below)

It's around this time that a select few notice that 1 of the new girls, Ichinose Miku-san, is slightly familiar. It transpires that, 5 years & 2 months before being unveiled as a Nogizaka46 member, she'd won 2nd place in Nihon's Cutest Junior High School Girl on 9 Dec., 2017, in Tōkyō.

The 14-year-old applied when a friend asked Ichinose-san to join her. She likes ice cream & sweets, but in moderation. She wants to be an actress or school teacher, & is a fan of Fujii Shūka-san. A friend gave her the nickname "Milk", a drink that she doesn't like. Ichinose-san played the melodica for the competition, but also sings & dances (learning hip-hop for the latter). She likes boys who can dance, like GENERATION's Sano Reo-san. She thinks that she looks like voice actress Kaneda Tomoko-san. There's an uneven relationship with studying. Finally, she's been told be grateful to her supporters, so, instead of focusing on herself, she finds success in blessing those who bless her.

3. Kōjichū #351-352, 359: Gokisei P.R. Mission (#351 soft/hard) (#352 soft/hard)
    #351 features Ichinose-san, Ogawa-san, & Okuda-san. #352 promotes Ioki-san, Inoue Nagi-san, Sugawara-san, & Tomisato-san. #353 presents Kawasaki-san, Okamoto-san, & Ikeda-san.

4. Gokisei Handwritten Debut Profiles (translated & original sheets)

This isn't a video, but can't be recommended enough regardless. halcyon46g, who some will know primarily for ongoing English versions of Shibata-san's blog, beautifully translated on the original profiles that the Gokisei wrote, soon after debut. Found here are their names, dates of birth, blood types, heights, birthplaces, strengths, weaknesses, their favourite foods, colours, Nogizaka46 songs, & initial messages to the fans. Despite being in English, halycon46g stuck to type-setting & formatting as close to the original writing as possible, so their personalities & skills with the pen are still retained. Also included are the original answer sheets, so that you can see the varying ranges of handwriting quality.

5. 2nd Gokisei Omitatekai Backstage Interviews (translated text: Ikeda-san, Okamoto-san, Kawasaki-san, Tomisato-san, Nakanishi-san)

After their 2nd Omitatekai, this time featuring all 11, the Gokisei gave more written backstage interviews. Again, they're translated text rather than video, but they're useful pieces of early history.
    Expansion of Kōjichū #452
    1. Kōjichū #365: Tōkyō Image Tour Last Part (at 00:46) (soft/hard)

At the audition, Ioki-san wished to tour Tōkyō's tuna scene. After joining, Maguro Mao gushes about UmaIoki tuna.

2. Kotōge Eiji no Nante Bi Da! #55-57 (#55 hard, #56 hard, #57 hard)

Ikeda-san stewed about not having her artwork in the final audition, displayed some of them in her Kōjichū debut, attends an art school, & often features her creations on Star Tanjō & guest appearances elsewhere. Here, however, she turns her artistic skills into T.V. work. Succeeding Higuchi Hina-san on the show, Ikeda-san discusses & explores various artists & artforms. Though only #55-57 are subtitled, she is still appearing on the weekly programme. The latest episode aired 4 days ago.

The show is hosted, & named after, Kotōge Eiji-san of Viking, the comedy duo who guest hosted Nogizaka tte Doko #170-171 (Ski Camp (#170 soft/hard, #171 soft/hard) & Kōjichū #12-13 (12th Single Hit Campaign (#12 soft/hard, #13 soft/hard).

By the way, Ikeda-san follows in the steps of Hashimoto Nanami-san in being an art school student (Doko #5 hard/soft, at 14:21). The latter was already in Tōkyō prior to joining, to work & study. I say this because she's suspected to now be a Nogizaka46 manager, & that Ikeda-san is among Hashimoto-san's charges. My current profile picture is from her until-recently stealth Instagram account. She's holding a Nante Bi Da! mug, directly outside the only store that officially sells it.

3. tte, Doko? #150: Summer Goal Results! 2nd Part (soft/hard)

If you're curious about Ogawa-san's mental arithmetic, here's Hoshino Minami-san with a more in-depth segment on flash anzan, the quick calculation methodology based on the soroban, Nihon's variant of the general abacus.

4. Kōjichū #421: Art Game Tournament 1st Part (at 22:42) (soft/hard)

Shitara-san's still demanding that the constant "kawaii" calls, whenever Ogawa-san simply exists on camera or microphone, stop.

5. Kōjichū #191: Promote the Yonkisei! 2nd Part (at 09:40) (soft/hard)

Before open impression girl Tomisato-san came stealth impression girl Tsutsui-san. (we'll get to the full Promotion trilogy in the next section)

6. Shin Star Tanjō #7: Baribari! Chiba Damashii Dai 4-wa/Suki Sugite Baka Mitai/Nandemonaiya (at 16:08) (RAW on usual site)

Okuda-san performs the same song with which Nakanishi-san's, from the hit film Kimi no Na Wa. Subtitles aren't required to watch it.
    Yonkisei
    Debut
    The original 11 Nogizaka46 Yonkisei were formed on 29 Nov., 2018, & were introduced to the public at their Omitatekai on 3 Dec.

1. Kōjichū #185: Sankisei Proxy Battle! Last Part/Yonkisei Omitatekai (at 22:10) (soft/hard)

6 days & a few hours after being publicly unveiled, brief Yonki Omitatekai highlights are aired. They have already been seen by many people, as their SHOWROOM auditions are available online (streaming in various places, & downloadable at the usual place).

2. Kōjichū #190-192: Promote the Yonkisei! (#190 soft/hard, #191 soft/hard, #192 soft/hard)

Order: #190: Kaki-san, Shibata-san, Yakubo-san; #191: Endō-san, Tsutsui-san, Kanagawa-san, Kitagawa Yūri-san; #192: Tamura-san, Seimiya-san, Kakehashi-san, Hayakawa Seira-san

3. Gaku Tabi #8: Yamanashi-ken Kai-shi (soft/hard)

Gaku Tabi is a wonderful series, 1st featuring members joining schools for a day, before switching format to joining clubs. This is the 1st with Yonki (Kaki-san Kakehashi-san, Tamura-san, Hayakawa-san, with senpai Hori Miona-san & Watanabe Miria-san), airing on 5 May 2019, before any of them had made a senbatsu. The 6 join a school's intense taiko club, in 1 of the Yonkisei's 1st major T.V. jobs.

I've uploaded my own back-up, as JOELicious' original streaming release & NogiArea's copy aren't currently available. #1-8 & #17-18 have been translated.

4. 24th Single Yoake Made Tsuyogara Nakute Mo Ii: Documentary of Yonkisei (hard)

As they secure their 1st senbatsu & senbatsu centre, let's take a behind-the-scenes look at their 1st several months.

5. Kōjichū #252: Timelines of the New Yonkisei (soft/hard)

New captain Akimoto Manatsu-san introduces the 5 new Yonki, who officially joined 1 year & 2 months after the original 11. This was the 2nd-to-4th-last Kōjichū shoot prior to the 1st COVID-19 lockdown.

For various reasons, the Joint Sakamichi auditions had 2 phases: those who joined in 2018, & those who joined in 2020. Those who didn't start in 2018 did continue semi-active work, such as SHOWROOM & going on tour, before finally being divided across the 3 groups on 16 Feb., 2020. Rather than an Omitatekai, they were announced via a SHOWROOM special.

6a. Skits #6: Insurance Police Won't Permit It/Maido Café/New Yonkisei Character Uncovering Session (at 17:59) (soft & hard)
    6b. Skits #8: White Angel no Sainan/Yancha na Yan-chan #2/New Yonkisei Character Uncovering Session #2 (at 17:59) (soft & hard)
    6c. Skits #9: Idol Dou/Mayutan wa Aisaretai #2/New Yonkisei Character Uncovering Session #3 (at 19:50) (soft & hard)

In 1 of their 1st-ever Nogizaka jobs, the new Yonkisei attempt to make ground on the original 11's bonds with Saraba Seishun no Hikari-san. They were introduced just before the 1st COVID-19 lockdown, so, unlike the original 11, they didn't really have work in line during that period. This was, potentially, their very 1st shoot after the 1st lockdown.

7. 46 Jikan TV 2020 Day 2: Stay Connected Until Morning with the New Yonkisei (soft & hard)

The new Yonkisei try to open Nogizaka 46 Jikan TV 2020 Day 2 by themselves. They try some of Bananaman-san's earlier suggestions, like Hayashi-san's introduction.

8. 46 Jikan TV 2020 Days 2-3: Yonki Making a Candy House! (soft & hard)

This is the 1st time where we really see the Yonkisei as a unit of 16, rather than 11 with 5 transfer students. It's no longer about introducing the new 5, but rather re-introducing all 16. Borders begin to come down between them. This is actually a compilation of 2 segments, as they build the house over Days 2 & 3. It airs 1 & 2 days before the 1st of the above Skits segments, but those were shot before this.
    Expansion of Kōjichū #452
    1. Kōjichū #386: 4th Inner Circle Impression Award (at 18:37, then 21:57) (soft/hard)

Yumiki-san starts the saga of Kaki-san's microphone holding.

2. Kōjichū #424: Separate Class Competition Three-way Battle Last Part (at 08:17, then 09:59) (soft/hard)

Yumiki-san tests just how much her impression has permeated the Yonki.

3. Kōjichū #230: Summer Vacation Homework Results 2nd Part (soft/hard)

Seimiya-san pushes her gymnastics to new heights.

4. Kōjichū #199: Yonkisei Physical Fitness Evaluation Last Part (at 03:46) (soft/hard)

Seimiya-san was T.V.-ready from the start. Kakehashi-san wasn't, judging by her inability to ignore a boom microphone suddenly recording her every sound.

By the way, relatively recently, Tsutsui-san had a radio show with Seimiya-san, in which the former revealed that she didn't initially think it was possible to get along with the latter. Tsutsui-san thought that Seimiya-san's constant maelstrom of energy would be too difficult for her grasp long-term. It turns out that they perfectly balance each other.

5. Kōjichū #263: Himura Wast Collection 2020 First Part (at 10:01) (soft/hard)

It's around that time, in the auditions, that Seimiya-san creates a daruma for Himura-san.

6. Kōjichū #283: Self-analysis Championships (at 18:46) (soft/hard)

The new Kōjichū episode features stories of Seimiya-san's aggressive but easily-engaging communication & initiative. Here, her fellow Yonki both praise & lovingly criticise her for it all.

7. Kōjichū #367: Nogizaka46 Best Member 2nd Part (at 18:00) (soft/hard)

Tamura-san's batting skills rival those of Ōtani Shōhei-san.

8. Kōjichū #398: Immediate Reward If You Make Akimoto Cry Last Part (at 15:06) (soft/hard)

She carries that adorable Stage 1 gyaru image, but Tsutsui-san did insist that she loves telling scary stories. It's why she's the only 1 who seeks to provoke tears via terror, rather than joy, sadness, or sentimentality.

8. Kōjichū #405: Who's Cooking Is Good Show First Part (soft/hard)

Yumiki-san cooks up a storm. Unlike her usual chaos, however, she's literally cooking this time, & cooking well at that.

9. Kōjichū #448: Nogizaka Kōjichū Grand New Year Party First Part (at 09:18) (soft/hard)

This is 1 of those instances of "usual chaos", as she attempts to translate the English parts of Oide Shampoo into Nihongo.

10a. Kōjichū #416: Is There Such a Girl? Last Part (at 14:50) (soft/hard)
    10b. Kōjichū #449: Grand New Year Party Last Part (at 10:37) (soft/hard)

Kaki-san debuts her special talents that Shitara-san mentions this week: her ventriloquism in #416, & her nose harmonica in #449.
    Sankisei
    The Nogizaka46 Sankisei had their final audition on 4 Sep., 2016, during the 15th single Hadashi de Summer era. 13 had progressed to the penultimate round. 1 dropped. The remaining 12 participated in the last round, at the end of which they were informed that all of them had passed. Their SHOWROOM auditions are publicly available, via several streaming sources & the usual site. Message me, if you can't find any!

1. 3rd Album Umarete kara Hajimete Mita Yume: Documentary of 2016 (hard)

Though it spans a lot of time & material, it's significant for showing the Sankisei before they were publicly introduced. If you've ever thought that Bananaman-san are exaggerating when they say that Ōzono Momoko-san fainted, or think that they're only saying "almost fainted", watch this documentary.

I uploaded my own back-up copy, as Beam Subs' original release & NogiArea's copy are currently unavailable.

2. Sankisei 1st Blogs

Courtesy of Ansoni comes their 1st blog posts, a daily relay starting from Itō Riria-san on 19 Dec., 2016 & ending with Yoda-san on 30 Dec. This comes before their proper T.V. debuts, while they're still essentially in training.

3. Kōjichū #94-96: Highs & Lows Difference Grand Prix/Practical Joke Best Reaction Award/Sankisei Introductions (#94 hard (at 19:59), #95 hard, #96 hard)

Before making their in-studio debuts, the new Sankisei are briefly previewed at the ends of a trio of episodes, having been in training for 7 months.

4a. Kōjichū #99-101: Senpai Present Sankisei Promotional Strategy (#99 hard, #100 hard, #101 hard)
    4b. BINGO!8 #1-2: Sanki Entrance Ceremony (#1 soft & hard, #2 soft & hard)

The airing order is Kōjichū #99, 100, BINGO!8 #1, Kōjichū #101, then BINGO!8 #2. The Sankisei are thrust to the forefront of both Nogizaka flagship shows at the same time.

5. Kōjichū #109: Sankisei Counselling Room with Their Senpai (hard)

The Sankisei present their initial concerns after becoming members.

6. Nobi Nobi Nogizaka Sankisei!! (soft subtitles & raw video/#1-3 hard, #4 hard)

A few months after their T.V. debut, they get a 4-episode variety miniseries to expound upon themselves & explore a myriad of activities they want to challenge!

I've had to upload my own back-up of the hard-subtitled #1-3, as masssterchief only ever made 1 for #4 & NogiArea's hard-subtitled copies of #1-3 aren't currently available.

7. Gaku Tabi #3: Kawaga-ken Kotohira-cho (hard download & stream)

Shikoku is the only 1 of the 5 main islands to have never had a Nogizaka46 member, so it's a good place to test the reception of the Sankisei, 7 months after they made their T.V. debuts. Who's better to lead the challenge than their current star & centre?

Ōzono Momoko-san joins senpai Inoue Sayuri-san, Kawago Hina-san, Saito Yūri-san, Nishino Nanase-san, & Hori Miona-san to attend a rural school for a day. They'll take classes, eat meals, & join clubs with the kids. The school has top naginata & kendō clubs. Nogizaka are mid-19th single Itsuka Dekiru kara Kyō Dekiru era, built around Nishino-san & others starring in stage & film adaptations of naginata manga Asahinagu. Ōzono-san & Kawago-san have history with kendō. Therefore, the members will split across the 2 clubs, & compete in an inter-sport team match at the end of the day.

8. 24th Single Yoake Made Tsuyogara Nakute Mo Ii: Documentary of Sankisei (hard)

Take a behind-the-scenes look at their early days, as they settle into their new status as senpai.

9. 28th Single Kimi ni Shikarareta: Documentary of Ōzono Momoko (hard)

As their 1st star & centre prepares to becomes their 1st graduate, the Sankisei reflect upon her history, & theirs.
    1. Kōjichū #444: Separate Class Year-end Party 2 (at 12:19) (soft/hard)

In her audition clip featured this week, Itō Riria-san declares that no one wants to be an idol more than her. Well, after 7 years together, the Sanki certainly believe that she's most suited to it!

2. As for Iwamoto-san, she remains the youngest-ever member of Nogizaka46 at entrance, being just 12 years & 214 days old on Final Audition Day: 4 Sep., 2016.

3. Bokutachi wa Ibasho o Sagashite #1: Umezawa Minami (hard)

As they prepares for her 1st leadership roles, the front core trio of 26th single Boku wa Boku wo Suki ni Naru discuss insecurities, post-Nogizaka46 life, Nogizaka46 after recent departures of their greatest members, & the reasons for why she's even here. She didn't want to apply, only to see members in person. After attending an audition seminar, however, & a handshake event at which oshimen Shiraishi Mai-san tells her how visually similar they are (down to moles on their upper-left lips), someone who only desires to be a fan is set on a path to become the group's 3rd captain.

4. Kōjichū #365: Tōkyō Image Tour Last Part (at 08:50)(soft/hard)

Those rural girls have certainly become city women. Itō Riria-san, Satō Kaede-san, & Yoda-san show their kōhai how Tōkyō life is done. This is also where we learn that, like Hashimoto-san, Yoshida-san had already come to Tōkyō for work, prior to joining Nogizaka46.

5. Kōjichū #377: Infiltration of the Manatsu no Zenkoku Tour 2022 (at 12:37) (soft)

As Shitara-san says, Mukai-san's competitiveness & self-critique often drive her to tears. Here, she ramps the pressure to simply converse to monumental heights, as referenced in the latest episode.

reikazaka46's hard-coded videos, from this period, are currently unavailable, but may be restored in the future. I don't know what his plans are, or if he's even aware of the void in his archive.
    Ikkisei
    Nogizaka46 were formed on 20 Aug., 2011, with 36 members. 2 days later, 2 graduated, likely due to their parents. 1, Akimoto Manatsu-san, took educational leave for a year from formation, leaving 33 to make their music debut on 22 Feb., 2012.

1. tte, Doko? #1-2: Nogizaka46 Introduction (#1 hard, #2 soft/hard)

Airing just 45 days after their final audition, & shot even earlier, it's the earliest real snapshot of future stars while they still had no fans, no profiles, & no experience. Some will soar higher than others, but they all start on rather even footing. Warning: the members of this group have no idea what they're doing, the hosts are initially awkward, & the show doesn't know what it wants to be. Nevertheless, I see something special in their futures.

2. Kanashimi no Wasurekata Documentary of Nogizaka46 (the usual site)

It's nigh-incomprehensible without at least being familiar with the 1st 12 senbatsu, & perhaps much more of Nogizaka tte, Doko?, but the 1st feature documentary remains amongst the most important & beloved pieces of Nogizaka46 history. It features some immense, & even intense, behind-the-scenes looks at the early years, starting on 20 August, 2011, the day of the original final audition. It was considered crucial enough that the 1st thing that Keyakizaka46 had to do, after forming, was to watch the documentary. Being a top idol is both a joy & a job, after all, in the entertainment industry that's built upon rejecting the majority of people who try it.

The magnificent IKUDON translated & released it. They aren't around anymore, but their work has been preserved by many people. The only major correction that I have to make to the original subtitles is that the final audition announcer didn't misread Nōjo Ami-san & Kawago Hina-san's names. They had auditioned under stage names, as they were already active regional idols, & only swapped to their real names after passing.

The documentary was released during the 12th single Taiyō Knock's era, on 25 July, 2015. As I said, the original 12 senbatsu are required knowledge, especially as they give crucial context, such as Saitō Asuka-san having just achieved consecutive senbatsu for the 1st time in her career. She'd only appeared in the 1st, 4th, & 7th senbatsu prior to the start of her unbroken streak with the 11th, Inochi wa Utsukushii. At this point, she's considered an Under member who pushes the borders of senbatsu. That's why she's barely in this one, but will be the co-lead of the next feature documentary 4 years later.

If have trouble sourcing either the hard-subtitle or soft-subtitle versions, feel free to message me for help. If needed, I could also create a list of the senbatsu announcement episodes (yes, until 21st single Jikochū de Ikou!, most announcements were given full episodes).

3. Kōjichū #11: Let's Promote Our Own Movie! (soft & hard)

Only watch it after the documentary. The cast of the film expound upon some of the events in it, but in a much more humourous manner.

4. 24th Single Yoake Made Tsuyogara Nakute Mo Ii: Documentary of Ikkisei (hard)

As their only-ever captain graduates, & they morph beyond the graduation of 1 of their 2 biggest stars, take a behind-the-scenes look at 8 years of challenges, growth, agony, & ecstasy.

5. 46 Jikan TV 2020 Day 2: Ikkisei 9-year Party (hard)

Shortly before Nakada-san will announce her graduation, the remaining 8 active Ikkisei (Shiraishi-san had her graduation delayed by the COVID-19 Pandemic, but is inactive by now) use their segment to hold a party commemorating & reflecting upon their 9 years. Quite a bit of it is spent discussing their auditions & private lives in the early days, when many lived in the same dormitory.
    Nikisei
    The Nogizaka46 Nikisei was formed on 28 Mar., 2013. 13 of 14 were publicly unveiled at a performance of the Ikkisei's stageplay 16-nin ni Principal Deux, in May 2013. 1 member, Sagara Iori-san, delayed her debut by more than 12 months for educational reasons, like her oshimen, Akimoto-san.

1. tte, Doko? #84: Nogizaka46 Nikisei's 1st T.V. Show Appearance (hard)

After a 6-month process, the Nikisei make their Doko? debut!

2. tte, Doko? #86: Nogizaka46 Nikisei's 1st T.V. Show Appearance (hard)

Months after the Ikkisei simulated potential challenges & confrontations with theoretical Nikisei, the real Nikisei present actual worries & issues to their senpai!

3. Kōjichū #211-212: Re-examining the Nikisei (#211 soft/hard, #212 soft/hard)

6 years after they joined, the Nikisei take everyone through a timeline of their storied, & often difficult, history.

4. 24th Single Yoake Made Tsuyogara Nakute Mo Ii: Documentary of Nikisei (hard)

Have a behind-the-scenes look at some of the most significant public moments in Nikisei history.

5. 46 Jikan TV 2020 Day 2: Nikisei Variety Segment (hard)

As well as playing various games, the Nikisei are forced to take retrospective views on their introduction, & other major turning points for them.
    As always, I'm delighted & grateful that there are people who want this. I've never declared myself an expert, only a fan who wants non-fans to become fans, & fans to become greater fans. I hope that I'm having any kind of effect, in that regard! I apologise if this isn't as comprehensive as you may expect. I take as much time as needed, but it is primarily from my own memory. I've watched, read, & listened to quite a bit, but not everything Nogizaka's ever done (yet).

That being said, I'm putting 1 of these together for Yamashita Mizuki-san's upcoming graduation. I'll post it 1 week before her final day. It may contain even more material than this installment does, as I'll be looking to get as close to a comprehensive, as-definitive-as-I-can-make history of her.

Please, let me know if there are any errors, or questions.

Translation credits: GEES, JPMUSICROCKS, halycon46g, PetalidiStelle, Nogami46subs, jasawei, SatsukiSubs, JOELicious, TAMU-HAYA, Beam Subs, masssterchief, Conjyak, Ansoni, NogizakaNoUta, TamamiCheeks, SUB-SHIRO, UKN48, TechiNeru, Yuuki, Rororz2, Ikoma Subs, IKUDON, POJI-PEACE, Broken Subs, Depressing Subs, & AIDOL.

Distribution credits: Sanjuro, reikazaka46, AnikiDota, NogiArea, & abangkodir.

If needed, here are all of the Kōjichū soft subtitles, collected by Sanjuro, & Doko? soft subtitles, compiled by BlindAstaroth.
    1. tte, Doko? #140: 1st Edition 1st Part (hard)
    2. tte, Doko? #142: 1st Edition 2nd Part (hard)
    3. BINGO!6 #1: Assistant Audition (1st phase is similar academic test) (hard)
    4. Kōjichū #139: 2nd Edition 1st Part (soft/hard)
    5. Kōjichū #140: 2nd Edition 2nd Part (soft/hard)
    6. Kōjichū #319: 3rd Edition 1st Part (soft/hard)
    7. Kōjichū #320: 3rd Edition 1st Part (soft/hard)
    At Tōkyō Girls Collection on 5 March, 2024, 1 of the most astonishing works of art in history was created: https://www.instagram.com/reika_s16/p/C4F42zbx7Yj/
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 9, 2024
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  11. HitoWaYumeWoMiruKinniku

HitoWaYumeWoMiruKinniku Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Miria/Itou Riria
    WOW! I'm nearly finished with this beauty. Put the link to it on your tombstone!

Can you be hired to mentor all future members in their 1st years, like a bachelor's degree in Nogizaka46? I feel like they'd all immediately start on better platforms, if they really know the highs and lows of the past, and what they can expect in their own futures.

PS. If anyone missed it, she/he fixed the error in the original, un-edited version, where the 3-ki section was accidentally put at the end of the 4-ki section. Wouldn't want anyone to miss my favourites, the 3-ki! Special thanks for going beyond just videos, with the translated 3-ki first blogs and 5-ki debut surveys! Love seeing how far they've come!

Last edited: Mar 12, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Hououin Kyouma

Oshimen:
    If Itō Karin-san & Kubo-san both reject the position, I'll consider it!

Please, though, direct the top-shelf love to the translation individuals & teams, & distributors, who make anything like this possible. You can't weave anything if you don't have any threads. I make sure to give everyone credit, every week, so that you can see all of the people whose work results in mine. Many are still active, on their own websites & social media, & on Stage48. Please, message them, donate to them, react to them, comment for them, promote them, request from them, & support & encourage them. Love & appreciate them as if they're members of the group they're so passionately supporting via translation & distribution, because without them, most wouldn't be receiving anything from the real group members.

Translators, timers, type-setters, quality controllers, editors, encoders, & distributors all make the international community part of Nogizaka46 possible, so please, let them know how monumental what they're doing is.

• Like Like x 7
  13. Sanjuro

Sanjuro Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsuda Konoka
    • Winner Winner x 12
    • Like Like x 9
  14. maiyanzaka46

Oshimen:
    白石麻衣 / 守屋茜 / 佐々木久美
    • Winner Winner x 12
    • Like Like x 6
  15. Kunkka

Kunkka Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hayashi Runa
    The way Yumiki-san pronounces "alligator"

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. maiyanzaka46

Oshimen:
    白石麻衣 / 守屋茜 / 佐々木久美
    スクリーンショット-2023-10-14-16.58.56.jpg
    ~alligator~

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Hououin Kyouma

Oshimen:
    I adore her, but how did she (not Yumiki-san) place in 4th, even with the low grading curve?
    Here's an expansion of many of the backstories, references, & relevant shows of Kōjichū #453. Hopefully, you get a good mix of context, learning, fun, & memories!
    Previous No Brains Queen Decisive Battle Episodes, Scores, & Rankings
    1. tte, Doko? #140: 1st Edition 1st Part (hard)
    2. tte, Doko? #142: 1st Edition 2nd Part (hard)
    3. BINGO!6 #1: Assistant Audition (1st phase is a similar academic test) (hard)
    4. Kōjichū #139: 2nd Edition 1st Part (soft/hard)
    5. Kōjichū #140: 2nd Edition 2nd Part (soft/hard)
    6. Doko E #17: Kamakura 1st Part (at 06:56) (soft/hard)
    7. Kōjichū #319: 3rd Edition 1st Part (soft/hard)
    8. Kōjichū #320: 3rd Edition 2nd Part (soft/hard)

http://stage48.net/wiki/index.php/Academic_Rankings#Nogizaka46

I'll compile a spreadsheet after the next episode, highlighting the new scores & changes in ranks.
    Maishū no Zensekai Tour of Nogizaka Kōjichū #453
    There are about 27 hours & 16 minutes of content here, across 11 separate T.V. series. The average episode release date is 13 Jan., 2019.
    Nogi no Kimyō na Bōken
    [​IMG]

The Gokisei open the episode with one of Dio's poses from JoJo Kimyō na Bōken, as demonstrated by Nishino Nanase-san above. She did JoJo poses almost every time on Music Station, to my recollection, as well as in many other places (even while modelling).

Not all Gokisei get the reference, as Inoue Nagi-san revealed last year, when she said that she had to spend a day explaining her constant bizarre poses to Sugawara-san. I remember this being on a SHOWROOM (probably Nekojita, but it could be elsewhere). Some members may even be thinking that they're doing Seifuku no Mannequin.

Here's the dynamic duo doing the pose on the set of the final episode Cupstar tie-in web series NogiMart no Hibi.

if the video does not show watch the video here
    Top 5
    1. As was the case last time, the test is appropriate for the youngest member's 3rd year middle school level.

The last Top 5's score range was 73-83, with an average of 76.4. This time, it's 65-83, averaging 71.4. The 2 who've kept their spots are Satō Kaede-san (2021: 5th, 73; 2024: Joint 2nd, 71) & Yakubo-san (2021: 2nd, 77; 2024: Joint 2nd, 71). The other 3, Akimoto Manatsu-san, Yamazaki Rena-san, & Kitagawa Yuri-san, have graduated. Ikeda-san matches previously champion Kitagawa-san's 83. The highest remains the 91 that both Akimoto-san & Nakada Kana-san scored on the 1st edition.

To be fair, in partially explaining some surprising appearances in the new rankings, there's the new Entertainment subject this time. It's obviously not typically covered in school—unlike the prevailing Maths, National Language, English, Social Studies, & History—which could certainly help compensate for lack of ability in the normal sections. For those who didn't notice it, because of the new subject, the maximum score in each subject has gone from 20 to 16-17.

2. 46 Jikan TV 2020 Day 2: Sankisei Athletic Ability Queen Decisive Battle (hard)

Being the only 1 of the 4 Nogizaka classes to have never before done their own athletic ability test, the Sanki choose to use their 2020 denshidai to correct that. Watch this for Satō Kaede-san's often-discussed physical skills, which are again contrasted against her physical coordination this week. On the usual site, you can also get her appearances on SASUKE, the sports game show which has been internationally franchised as Ninja Warrior.

As Beam Subs' original release is unavailable, I've uploaded my own back-up.
    National Language
    生憎 (Ainiku (unfortunately))
    1a. Kōjichū #179: Forced Halloween Party (at 09:19) (soft/hard)

Okamoto-san's incorrect answer to the 1st question is Chikushō (ちくしょう), best known as Kōme Dayu-san's catchphrase during his usual act. Here, members have to compete to avoid embarrassing costumes, including Kōme-san's full look & performance.

1b. Skits #7: Audition #2/Smile Girls (at 10:30) (soft/hard)

During the 1st skit, Tamura-san undertakes the same act (solo, rather than the 3 sharing collective discomfort above).
    お歳暮 (Oseibo (year-end gift))
    1. tte, Doko? #76: Members' Selfie Tournament/Fukagawa-san & Kawago-san's Birthday Festival (at 13:52) (soft subtitles+raw video/hard)

Nakamura-san's answer, to the same problem, calls back to Nogizaka's Seibo, Fukagawa Mai-san. Here, the future 1st graduating centre is given her pedestal as Holy Mother.

2. Kōjichū #58: 2nd Seibo Audition (hard)

As she graduates, the best person to ever be a member oversees an audition for her successor as Holy Mother. The whole thing is thrown into farce when Akimoto-san, Ikuta Erika-san, & Hori Miona-san are revealed as the candidates.

3. Doko E #17: Kamakura 1st Part (at 06:56) (soft/hard)

If you want more slaps in the face of Nihongo education, I give you Kanagawa Saya-sama.

4. Skits #16: Morie's Angels/Kyunkyun Ward 2 (soft/hard)

The 1st skit is essentially an academic test, featuring more mis-writing, lack of basic historical knowledge, questionable life choices, & beyond!
    Science
    チバニアン (Chibanian)
    1a. Kōjichū #418: Nogizaka46 Bowling Tournament 2023 Last Part/Kitagawa Yuri-san's Graduation (at 04:25) (soft/hard)

Itō Riria-san rocks THE ALFEE-san's Mary Ann, so much that she thinks it's the also the name of an ice age period. This is also 1 of the many instances of Ririan, her nickname, which Yoda-san somehow mistakes for the name of a historical age in the new episode.

1b. Kōjichū #448: Nogizaka Kōjichū Grand New Year Party 1st Part (at 22:14) (soft/hard)

Itō Riria Episode II: Return of THE ALFEE

2a. Kōjichū #410: Speed Queen Decisive Battle 1st Part (at 20:04) (soft/hard)

Endō-san faces the greatest battle of her career so far: the Goigoisu gag that Tsutsui-san gives as her "Chibanian" answer.

2b. Kōjichū #416: Is There Such a Girl? Last Part (at 11:35) (soft/hard)

Tsutsui-san is a comedy fan who loves gags, a fact that clearly hasn't permeated the members' memories.
    Food Chains
    1a. Shin Star Tanjō #7: Ashita Mo/Ai no Uta/Koigokoro/Roppongi Shinjuu (at start) (hard)

Kawasaki-san's mastery of the fine arts is on full display in the new Kōjichū. Here, she's just started in the entertainment industry weeks ago, but already makes a clear statement of her skills with the canvas.

1b. Kōjichū #412: Oniichan Present Championship 1st Part (at 15:58) (soft/hard)

Kawasaki-gahaku bestows an original creation upon Shitara-san.

1c. Kōjichū #421-422: Art Game Tournament (#421 soft/hard, #422 soft/hard)

Sakura da Kanagawa gets a 2-episode showcase.
    English
    Giraffe, Microwave Oven, French Fries, Spy
    1. tte Doko? #152: Nogizaka46 Art Monarch Decisive Battle (at 15:15) (hard)

The "draw a giraffe" problem reminded me of the 1st major Nogizaka46 art battle, the final of which was devoted to drawing giraffes. We've had some magnificent maestros in the group, obviously backed by the legitimate awards some have won.

2. Kōjichū #206: Senpai vs. Kōhai Battle, 2nd Part (at 03:59) (soft/hard)

Others could aspire to greatness, if they started by knowing what the subject of the drawing is. Umezawa-san doesn't even do that with a cat. Why would we expect her to understand the English word "giraffe", then draw that instead of the famed boar-dragon hybrid?

She can draw well, though. In a strange coincidence, the new episode isn't the 1st time that her artwork has been immediately followed by Yoda-san's, for specifically a "draw this" problem. See Kōjichū #320 (links near the top of this post) at timestamp 06:00, for their wildly varying depictions of Fleming's Left Hand Rule.

3. Kōjichū #447: Nogizaka Face Tournament Last Part (at 15:08) (soft/hard)

Here's Tsutsui-san's shock incident, referenced in the new episode.

4. Chō Star Tanjō #25: Halloween SP (at 01:26) (raw is on the usual site; subtitles not necessary for song)

Ogawa-san interprets "giraffe" as a disco ball. At any time, that's alright. This world is a dance hall.

5. Kōjichū #249: Unity Battle 2020 First Part (at 16:30) (hard)

If you enjoyed Yumiki-san's perfect pronunication of "alligator", then let's Nogizaka English! It isn't a written test. This time, Nogizaka46 are pitted against an English speech-to-text application which really dampens their faith in their pronunciation abilities!
    Translate this sentence from English to Nihongo.
    Many people are surprised by Himura-san's proficiency with English. He's demonstrated it a few times on Nogizaka46 shows.

1. tte Doko? #126: Nogizaka tte, Doko? in Macau! Final Part (at 02:42) (hard)

It's a very brief moment, but this is what 1st came to mind—the episode where Bananaman-san made Nishino Nanase-san a star, 1 of the eventual top 2 members in Nogizaka history alongside Shiraishi Mai-san.

2. Kōjichū #48: Nogizaka46 14th Single Campaign in Guam 2nd Part (at 11:55) (hard)

There've previously been discussions, on this thread, on speaking English to members in such events. Well, members have already spoken English to English speakers, in a Meet & Greet on the show! You can catch Himura-san translating their awkward "English" back to them in Nihongo, especially during Hoshino-san's "You are bread?" appeal.

3. Kōjichū #425: New Centre Strengthening Training Quiz Inoue Nagi 1st Part (at 20:01) (soft/hard)

Himura-san does get quite a bit of practice with English. He regularly travels, such as this trip to Hawaii, during which he took a break from his break to watch the live stream of Saitō Asuka-san's Graduation Ceremony Day 2.

4. YOU wa Nani Shi ni Nippon E?: Nogizaka46 SP (hard, as soft subtitles are currently offline)

Another regular brush with English, for Himura-san, is this programme. The base of the show genuinely is approaching people who're just emerging from Arrivals, though there are plenty of other segments.

This 3-hour special episode aired on 12 Nov., 2018, in 22nd single Kaerimichi wa Toomawari Shitaku Naru's era just before Nishino-san, Kawago-san, Wakatsuki Yumi-san, & Nōjo Ami-san graduated. It features Shiraishi-san as Himura-san, plus Akimoto-san, Ikuta-san, Iwamoto-san, Ōzono Momoko-san, Saitō Asuka-san, Sakaguchi-san, Takayama Kazumi-san, Nishino-san, Matsumura Sayuri-san, Wada Maaya-san, Yoda-san.

P.S. Earlier this week, on another idol content site, a certain person who's also active here revealed that she/he has actually been interviewed for this series! From what I gleaned, it was on an episode featuring at least 1 Nogizaka member, though not necessarily this one.

Banaman's Banana TV features them going to countries like South Korea, The U.S.A. (Hawaii, Guam, Los Angeles, & Saipan), France, & Thailand. That puts them into a lot of English-speaking situations. As it doesn't feature Nogizaka46, however, I'll not share links here.

5. Kōjichū #101: Nogizaka46 Senpai Presents Sankisei Promotional Strategy (at 06:02) (hard)

During the final episode of the "Sankisei Promotion Trilogy", Sakaguchi-san reveals that her otōsan was Himura-san's childhood friend! You even get to see mini Himura-san. This leads to Sakaguchi-san simply regaling that very same tale on the new academic test, rather than actually answering the problem at hand.

6. Kōjichū #320: 3rd NO Brains Monarch Decisive Battle 2nd Part (at 18:36) (soft/hard)

Yumiki-san mis-spells "Himura" as "Hizuke" in the new 4th edition. She does it in the 3rd, too. I know that Himura-san defends her here, but it also means that Yumiki-san, who's been a fan for almost all of Nogizaka46's history & is a certified school graduate, has likely been regularly incorrectly writing 村 (mura (village)) as 付 (tsuke (with)) in many other places. It's a frequently-used kanji, including in many common names such as her senpai, Matsumura Sayuri-san & Kawamura Mahiro-san. She was in Nogizaka with Matsumura-san, & still gets it wrong!
    Nogi Eigo
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    As has been highlighted multiple times on Kōjichū, Nogizaka46 have their own "English learning" show! You've all met Wada-san. She's 1 of the main stars, & perhaps a glaring statement of how little effect the series has had.

A few of the episodes have been subtitled, though I would still encourage you to watch the un-translated episodes. It's fun for English speakers, & far more accessible than most other un-subtitled content. All raw episodes are available to stream on several websites, & download on many more (such as the usual place, where you can get it in 1 batch folder).

1. #1 (hard, by IKUDON)
    2. #4 (soft, by Greaves/hard)
    3. #6 (soft, by Anima30 (of Blessed Subs))
    4. #10 (soft, by Anima30)
    5. Spring's 60-minute SP (soft, by Anima30)
    6. New Year 60-minute SP (hard/soft on usual site, by cha)
    7. #16 (soft, by cha/hard)
    8. #18 (hard/soft at usual place, by cha)
    9. New Year 60-minute SP (soft/hard, by POJI-PEACE)
    10. New Year 60-minute SP Unaired (soft, by POJI-PEACE)
    11. #25 (soft, by POJI-PEACE)
    12. #26 (soft, by POJI-PEACE)
    13. #27 (soft/hard, by Blessed Subs)
    14. #28 (soft/hard, by Blessed Subs)
    15. #29 (soft/hard, by Blessed Subs)
    16. #30 (soft/hard, by Blessed Subs)
    17. #31 (soft/hard, by Blessed Subs)
    18. #32 (soft/hard, by Blessed Subs)
    19. #33 (soft/hard, by Blessed Subs)
    20. #35 (soft/hard, by Blessed Subs)

Nogi Eigo, which started on 28 June, 2015 (12th single Taiyō Knock-era!), ended on 31 Jan., 2021 (26th single Boku wa Boku wo Suki ni Naru-era), after 56 episodes & some specials.
    If needed, here are all of the Kōjichū soft subtitles, collected by Sanjuro, & Doko? soft subtitles, compiled by BlindAstaroth.

Thanks for the heart-warming responses for the 5 installments so far, especially last week's immense reception! The feedback genuinely gives my passion for Nogizaka46 a purpose beyond myself. You guys are a weekly boon for me, & I hope that at least 1 of you is getting something positive, from this, in return.

Please, let me know if there are any errors, or if you have questions or comments!
    Translation Credits: Nogizakatte, IKUDON, GEES, Beam Subs, TechiNeru46, Yuuki, POJI-PEACE, TAMU-HAYA, SatsukiSubs, MoeFang, Wakutamoto Subs, MARSub, SasugaPosts, Greaves, Anima30, cha, & Blessed Subs
    Distribution Credits: Stage48, ReNote, ノギメモ, kevlonewolf, AnikiDota, Sanjuro, reikazaka46, Fans of 平田梨奈, detruisto, NogiArea, Aas, & BlindAstaroth

Saitō Asuka-san returned on Day 3 of the Birthday Live! She's looking much younger, though.
    20240315_091114.jpg

Meanwhile, a different Nogizaka46 trio also delighted many with a reunion last week.
    Screenshot_20240307-220442.jpg

Last edited: Mar 16, 2024
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Kunkka

Kunkka Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hayashi Runa
    There is a bit that I don't think anyone has picked up on or @TAMU from the Nogizaka Skits of Yancha na Yan-chan (starting at 12:24 and every skit after) with Kaki Haruka and Kanagawa Saya. The starting part where the microphone is shown, followed by Haruka-san starting the dialogue is taken from a song called Mambo No. 5 (A little bit of.) by artist Lou Bega.

The artist was known for always appearing like that, especially when singing live. The camera would always pan to the microphone followed by Lou Bega.

The Japanese edition version of the song featured Stephen Powell.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. TAMU

TAMU Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Joe Pesci
    Good spot! And I used to dance to that song as a kid :^^;:
    I've always thought that wasn't uncommon in music. I've probably seen Michael Jackson (or was it Prince?) do it on a live DVD or something.

• Like Like x 4
  20. HitoWaYumeWoMiruKinniku

HitoWaYumeWoMiruKinniku Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Miria/Itou Riria
    Eternal thanks and blessings to all you beautiful people above!
    We've got the best of THE WORLD in Nogizaka.
    Chaos incarnate. It almost feels wrong to have an academic test without her!
    So grateful to TAMU-HAYA for subbing these! Thanks, Kyouma, for pointing out amazing academic abilities beyond Koujichuu!

• Like Like x 6