The 2015 Stage48 Member Ranking

Discussion in 'Forum Events' started by ithebigc, Mar 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MiniTokki

MiniTokki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yabukinako
    But by downvoting members you lose the purpose, the meaning and the spirit of what a 48G ranking should be.

This is why I don't think I want to participate.

I'll try to explain later maybe (gotta go right now QQ).

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
  2. jovviny

jovviny Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kodamaharuka
    I see what you meen, and I used to think like that too. I would perhaps prefer if there where no way to downvote as that would be fair. Still now when the downvotes are possible you can use them if you chose. But you don't have to either.

However, downvotes should be used with care, I think...

3. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

But bigc just said that most people don't even use their negative votes. So, while there is some influence from them in the final ranking, it's not that big a deal.

Personally, I don't care if the negative vote system is there or not. I only rarely used it in these rankings. Most of my beef with girls in the group ends up being something like "I don't really see her appeal" or "I think management should have pushed a different girl", neither of which are reasons to downvote, so I don't. The only time I ever used the negative votes was when I didn't like a particular girl's conduct, something that she herself was responsible for doing.

Anyway, like I said before, it's just a ranking. I get the idea that the negative votes add an impurity to an otherwise pure vote pool, but I don't think you should let something as trivial as that deter you from participating if you want to vote for your favorites.

4. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    I kind of agree with negative votes. I don't think an idol who really divides the community should be named the community's most popular member, or one of them. I just doesn't feel true. So allowing negative votes gives more balance. It's no longer about who is oshi'd the most, but who is generally liked the most.

I've personally never used them, though.

5. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

It's not that the girls who win this ranking will win something (or even that they will ever know about it) but, in a way, with the negative points we have twice the information for the same price (the members fans like and the members fans dislike) and nobody is tempted to create an impopular ''Stage48 Member Antiranking" thread. [hehe]

6. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Speak for yourself ;)

7. MiniTokki

MiniTokki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yabukinako
    I won't quote everyone so I will try to respond and express my thought accurately with my broken english and my lack of vocabulary.

You're right Silenka, maybe I'm taking this in a too serious way.

But well, 48G is serious business !

Jokes aside, I think a ranking with a downvote system is the complete opposite of the relation between a 48G members (we can extend to Idols) and their fans. When you want to support the member you like, you don't have to care about the choice of the other fans, their choice has nothing to do with yours, do not affect your support at all. You have to respect their choice with the right mindset. Everyone has their own reasons, each reasons are specific to each person. Theres's no bad or good reasons. This is what I like in this " 48G world ", the mindset where everyone only support their Idols. I really think the staff or the members are miles away from a negative view like a negative votes thing... Because that not even supporting. That not something that could be even considered. It just not fit at all the spirit... But my conception could be totally wrong.

When you put a negative vote to a member, you actually support indirectly all the other members, even the one that you don't really care about... Is that even make sense to do something like that ? It does not make sense to me. Do you really think the members that you support would be even happy if she gain rank because she got supported indirectly for absolutly no reason (for negative reason in fact) and because his fellows got downvoted ? I don't think so. When you dislike a member, it doesn't mean that she don't deserve to be there... You should just not pay attention to her and their fans, only respect their choice. You can also speak and debat about it, tell to everyone why you dislike her, but it shouldn't be something that affect her personaly.

I think they love to be supported, that the reward for their effort.

Maybe I'll be seen like a hardcore fan or something, but I'm not. I just like when things are done right (and talking for nothing on internet).

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
  8. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    Ah this happens every year, some people raise a ruckus over there being a negative vote system. They make declarations about a not using the negatives when they voted, get all upset and hot headed during the voting period saying things like this isn't how they do it during sousenkyo and such (not a good comparison either) some stubbornly argue the rule so much that one year a member tried to "Nobly' gave out his name and address, because he got it in their head that they might have to fight for his view. They eventually cool down once the results come out see the reality that a few particular members are not all that liked a good number of people. But that is just reality some idols aren't simply just enough to ignore they peeve some of us so much that we let a little bit of it out by putting a demerit in their ranking. We hold back on thrashing them all year, because of the civility on this forum, but we don't like all the members in the group, we merely tolerate at best. But what can we do some we do some of us focus more on who we do like, but if you like the group enough there will be plenty about it that you don't like.

9. Doodleboy

Doodleboy Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Voting in this contest seems ridiculously complicated, so I'm not going to bother.

I find it interesting that throughout the past eight competitions, the top 3 have all been from Team A or Team K.

It's also very touching that Takamina was in the top 3 since 2008 and was number 1 for 4 years straight. It shows that AKB really was lead by Takamina even when she wasn't the general manager of the group.

10. goratnik

goratnik Member

Oshimen:
    Akimoto Yasushi
    Twitter:
    goratnik
    Sent. This time I've decided to base ranking more on what happened in the last year than overall feelings, so both order and even choice of girls can be... shockingly different compared to previous years. I will think in the coming days about the complete ranking and hierarchy, which is very different - will be published somewhere :)

This was a bit surprising summary of the year :)

11. Silenka

Uhh... you plug member names into where it says MEMBER NAME and send the whole list to @ithebigc. I don't see what's complicated about that. It literally couldn't be simpler unless it required you to just smash your head on the keyboard several times.

12. MeoJim

MeoJim Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    obamina
    Is it really that complicated?! You just pick your top 20 girls that were active during 2015 and send it to bigc via PM, it's quite a simple process really [hehe] If you're not sure who was active during 2015 bigc made a list as their 2nd post, if it's ridiculously complicated because you have to pick a top 20 out of them THEN I can understand why you're not participating ;)

13. oatmeal

oatmeal Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    I kind of get where he's coming from. I'm also not participating because I have to list 20 girls.
    I could only rank 4 maybe 5 if I wanted to. 20 is just a stupidly high amount to expect people to know and rank and assumes we're all way more invested/into the group than many people actually are.

EDIT
    And to be a bit more constructive.

I would've liked and participated if this member ranking was like the actual sousenkyo.

Every forum members gets an amount of votes, let's say 20. And you can assign those votes however you want.

20 votes for 1 girl.
    1 vote for 20 girls.
    etc.

It still wouldn't solve the problem of most girls, but the usual top 5-6, being underrepresented, but imo it's a lot more fun than forcing anyone who wants to participate to list 20 girls in order of importance.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
  14. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    How can you be in this forum for 3 years and not know 20 girls?

The other guy is only here one year but he has like 1500 posts so I'm sure he must know a few.

If you're having that much trouble picking members you could (a) try a ranker or (b) pick a favourite team and fill the remaining positions with them.

15. oatmeal

oatmeal Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    It's not about not knowing 20 girls. I know plenty more. I either don't know them good enough to rank them or am completely not interested in them so don't want to rank them.
    There's a pretty big difference there. Hence my comment about assuming everyone on this forum is invested enough to be able to rank 20 girls. I clearly am not.

16. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    I got problems with the last 10 girls or so, but I finished the list. Regarding the negative votes I would never use them.

17. True_Beginner

True_Beginner Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayanagiakane
    I like the top 20 with a point system, because you're not only contributing a list, the points add up to who has the most appeal. I'm sure there's plenty of members who rank pretty high just off of making someone's list than being number one, so it's interesting for me to see that sort of thing.

I can however see that having to list 20 can force people to choose members more from impression than genuine interest for the girl, but there are really a lot of likable members for any kind of person, and it looks like this process works just fine for that reason alone.

Personally, I can't follow everything about these groups anymore, I haven't even looked at the new 46 or Niigata ones, it's just stretching me past my limit, lol. Even my list is generally compromised of main favorites and girls who I casually like seeing as the list goes further down, with the ranks changing depending on the year they had (most usually hold their position though).

In my opinion, most of these lists probably have girls that the person follows pretty well but doesn't extend to 20. There's just so many of them it can be time-consuming to learn more about everyone or what they're up to, so it's understandable that someone might not know that many.

18. Doodleboy

Doodleboy Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    The negative point system is what's so confusing to me.

19. Silenka

You don't have to use it. Most people don't use it at all. You can leave it out of your ranking altogether.

20. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

Its the same as the positive points system. But with negative points.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.