The 2021 Stage48 Member Ranking

Discussion in 'Forum Events' started by Kuura, Dec 13, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JPN48

JPN48 Member

Oshimen:
    小栗有以
    I actually like this idea, since this will effectively remove every possibility of basing one's ranking on what would happen in the early part of next year (I, for one, somehow kept being affected too, it's quite hard to ignore that).

By the way, why is Sakura listed as Izone instead of an HKT graduate?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. FlowingColors

FlowingColors Future Girls

I would prefer it starting on Jan. 1st and last to the mid of January, so the year we're ranking the idols for would have ended.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. moomookan

moomookan Member Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki, Yagi Toa
    Oh no, I might have sent in my votes too early too! Hopefully that's ok... Please let us know if not!
    Thank you to @Kuura for organizing this!

4. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Reminder from the rules:

"Don't spam the forums to get 80 [100] posts though, those posts will be deleted."

The mods are currently looking at several members who may be violating this rule. While the posts may not be deleted, the member's votes might be removed from the final tally.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dokuro3313

Dokuro3313 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Onishi Momoka, Kojiharu
    As much as I understood spamming means if you write several comments on a thread of one member only, or maybe 2 or 3, but not if everytime you write a post, it's about another member.

And that's what I did in 2019. I also didn't keep some of those posts short.

So here's the question, if you are always commenting on another members page, does it count then?

6. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Do we really have to explain that when someone has been lurking the whole year and suddenly starts posting like mad in different threads that does not really constitutes being an active member?

You admitted to posting, not because you wanted to contribute to the forum, but because you wanted to participate in the member ranking.
    You may not have broken the letter of the no spamming rule, but you did break the spirit of that rule to some extend.

and this year you tell other people to do the same.

We would very like people to be active on the forum and not just because that means they can cast a vote.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I've been reading the recent posts in the 48G section (and some in the 46G threads) and didn't notice anyone spamming so I wonder who is this about? and what do you consider spam? Because if someone posting their opinions (actual text) in different threads is considered spamming... I mean majority of the (rare) updates on this forum aren't opinions/text. Why would you discourage someone from actually taking time to write in threads... who cares that the goal is getting 100 posts and voting in this ranking (not like this is a super serious ranking that will impact anyone, it's just for fun). Having new users who are willing to talk and to share opinions is exactly what this forum needs considering how it's getting more and more inactive... and having more fans participate in this ranking is also what we need. So why discouraging both things when both are good things... there is no need to be so strict on rules when nothing bad is being done. Unless I missed something and someone made posts with 2 words on every thread... but I didn't see this anywhere so. (and I feel like I know who this is about and no that user is not spamming and I like to see more posts with text and opinions and I do hope that the user can participate in this ranking).

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. qpet

qpet Future Girls

@Mana it's the stage48 forum's ranking event, I think the ranking should be based on the votes of the active members. If they make 100 posts (whether is it long or short) in a few days, I really doubt they gonna be active after. so with little effort they can vote every year after. I didn't vote in the first event after I registered either(sucks to be a lurker)
    I would agree with you if the rule was that once you register you have to post 100 times a year to be able to vote. Then it wouldn't be a big problem that they post (not 2words) 100 times in a few days (except that it might cause an unexpected error :))

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Mana

Mana Under Girls

But the thing is that there aren't that many active members here anymore (especially compared to before) and probably the lack of activity or discussions are a reason why some people have a hard time to pass 100 posts normally. There's also the stage48 mail issue that has been mentioned, it made some people unable to post until now. I mean I would get annoyed if I see someone spam with 2 words posts on the forums so I'm also against spamming but I feel like this is not what's happening here? if this ranking is a motivation for some people to talk more (rather than just lurk and give ratings) then it's a good thing imo. I don't know if they'll stay active once the ranking is done but well... it's still nice to see more opinions and text in here ^^ I just don't want to discourage potential new active users here (something the forum needs) just to make this ranking more exclusive when it's not that important. At most you'll probably have like 1 or 2 users trying to get to 100 posts to vote, it doesn't seem like a big thing... as long as they don't break any rules and make real posts, imo it should be ok. ^^

Of course if someone actually spams random posts or use different accounts to spam and vote then something should be done, but I don't think that this is happening right now though...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. qpet

qpet Future Girls

sadly this forum needs waaay different things than more active members :^^;:
    but to be serious. again, your reasoning makes sense, but then I'd suggest to make a rule change that if your acc is less than 1yo you have to have atleast 100 posts, if your account is 2yo than 200, and so on. this would be enough to motivate new members and maybe keep them active if they want to vote next year as well. And if they spam, mods could just delete posts and ban them (maybe it would be good to make an exception this year that there were some ppl who couldn't post? <-I know nothing about that)
    I see at least 5 :awesome:

Last edited: Dec 18, 2021
  11. FlowingColors

Curious what it would be..:wtf:

Well, in my case I was visiting this site for months/years prior to register, not only watched what you were discussing about but read older threads as well making me want to share my thoughts with you. Reaching the required 100 is something that motivated me to post more, but as mentioned I looked through older threads and thought ,,Naah, I have a different opinion", however I forgot about most of them due to the cheer amount.:^^;: I don't want to post random or unnecessary stuff, like "I agree with you" or "haha, that's interesting", I want to share my thoughts and [hopefully] start or revive discussions. I mean that's what this website is for, right? -exchanging informations/news, thoughts and opinions.
    As long as there are threads/topics that interest me and users keeping discussions alive, I'm willing to post more often. :v:

• Winner Winner x 3
  12. qpet

qpet Future Girls

a new owner. transparent donation/expenses.
    don't hide your opinion even if it contradicts the majority(don't be rude or shitpost tho :^^;:), and even if sometimes it's ok to reflect on older stuff, try to get involved in the current conversations and reply to current events, then you'll get more response and won't be ignored. most of us even if we disagree, won't give you dislikes. there're some dumb fucks who gives dislikes to everyone, just ignore them ;)

13. FlowingColors

As far as I know the person wasn't active for years, right?

Though time flies, there's older stuff in this forest of threads that looks timeless to me:p And how could I ignore the present events?:eek:
    To me it is ok to dislike/disagree, but even better if one states his/her reason/own opinion. I think it shows that they care.

About this: me -and I guess a few others- although able to register, was unable to certify via email, 'cause I never received anything. Not in the normal message folder nor in the spam.
    Back in May I tried contacting someone in charge via >contact us< together with my twitter name, but never received anything, so I gave up. It was thanks to @Mana that I/we solved the problem.:)

>> BTW for every visitor who reads this, trying to create an account but is unable because you don't receive the EMAIL -> Microsoft Outlook should be your solution <<

• Useful Useful x 2
  14. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    Listen - some people just don’t have a lot to say on topics, and prefer to just “observe” more. But that doesn’t mean their opinion shouldn’t be considered.

I vote 100 post minimum only if your account is less than two years old. No minimum if you’ve been a member longer.

• Disagree x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Agree x 2
    • Useful x 2
    • Winner x 1
  15. sarachuu

sarachuu Kenkyuusei

I won’t be able to participate but I’m curious to see the rankings! I’m sure the Sakamichi girls will dominate again like last year but I’m still holding out for the 48G!

16. Doraleous

Doraleous Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Motomura Aoi
    I shitpost but only ocasionally and only if I think I have a good joke on my hands (my humour is top notch). The +100 posts per year would kill me.

You guys are going in the wrong direction. Don't punish people who post less, reward the titans of this landscape instead. You could do something like give @Aka or @lionel90 , for example, animated avatars, grandiose titles, +20 extra points to give away in the election and a monthly salary (of very low value).

Vote Tanaka Miku 2021 btw

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    The last thing we need is for certain people to reactivate all their old sleeper accounts to vote with. At least making use of them makes it easier to spot.

It's not the end of the world if someone can't vote this year, there's always the next one.
    I hope.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

New Stage48 ranking = The 100 post requirement
    All ranking revealed = Negative votes: Remove or Retain
    :hehe:

19. Lalo Martins

Lalo Martins Member

Oshimen:
    Kudo Riko (48), Takase Kurumi
    Twitter:
    martins_lalo
    It's not 100 posts per year though and I hope nobody is proposing that. It's 100 posts minimum, total. I don't think it's unreasonable. As wlerin says, there's always next year.

As for the negative points controversy, it would be a simple change to the script to compute two different totals, one with and one without negative points. I can even volunteer to make the change if there is interest.

• Like Like x 1
  20. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    I agree with @Mana and @sdn48oshi .
    I know it's a serious event, but don't make it too serious 'till we suck all the fun parts. Instead, make the requirements an incentive so quieter members can start being more active. (I myself have never voted since 2015? but I see how new fans would love to join in such an event. )

That being said indeed, there are different degrees of spamming. Some spamming are acceptable (i.e sharing our opinions, or posting information.. starting a discussion). Regardless of the motivation, such posts won't hurt especially since the forum has been *very* inactive. I rarely comment unless I need to because English isn't my strong suit (duh!) and I nowadays prefer to read.. but I love reading new posts.. and honestly, the forum has been pretty inactive (besides the 46G section). so why discourage them?

I guess when the rules were made, the forum was very busy and lively but now.. let's be honest... today isn't 2014 or 2015... time to give incentive for more active participation?

ps: indeed, it's not the end of the world...but i don't think everyone is that passionate to wait for another year.. some would just leave altogether..
    getting involved in some kind of event might make them a long-term fan.. because who doesn't love being involved in a fun event?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.