The AKB48 FAQ

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by hahaxwill, Feb 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

Re: AKB48 FAQ

^ Thank you very much!!! [clap]

2. strawberryxshort

strawberryxshort Kenkyuusei

Oh! I know I'm late but thank you for telling me though! I really want to know more about the girls and actually like the group more. But again, thank you! <3

3. mihipyon

mihipyon Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    mihi427

^ beside the specified girls thread, you can check some of the members blog translation in here: http://journal.akb48.org/ :)

4. Korewahondes

Korewahondes Kenkyuusei

Guess it was answered somewhere but I didn't manage to find where and my understanding of English doesn't enable me to translate the expression accurately.

Can someone explain me what "High Five" consist in, please ?

5. karles48

Mr Waffle said something about that in the post... (Jun 14,2010, AKB48 Question & Answer)

"High touch" = the Japanese name for "high five", as in, the girls line up and you high-five them on your way out. [hehe]
    (Yes, the Japanese do in fact use the English words "high touch" for the activity of "high five". I love Japanese sometimes :rofl: )...

Depending on the source, I've found that it may mean a direct contact with the girls or a typical gesture to share happiness (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_five or http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you_sa ... _in_french)

I hope this helped you... :)

6. Korewahondes

Korewahondes Kenkyuusei

Yep, I remember this post of Mr Waffle but he explained "high touch" with "high five" and so I didn't understand what it was.

Thank you for your 2 links (especially the second one in fact xD), that helped me a lot. :)

7. katastr0phical1

katastr0phical1 Kenkyuusei

Pretty sure I can guess this answer, but I thought I'd check.

Do any of the girls (AKB specifically) know any foreign languages (western), at all?

Obviously for some of the songs they've learned certain words.. but I was curious as to if any of them knew more? Say.. could have a small conversation, not necessarily read/write? English, French, Spanish or otherwise? :)

8. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48

Short answer: no, long answer: some of them have a little bit of skill in some languages. eg Sayaka has some ability in English, though I don't know if it's enough for a conversation...

And you should ask questions in the Question & Answer thread, btw.

9. ame-rin

ame-rin Member

Can someone tell me all the times and days and channels AKB TV shows are broadcast?

10. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
  11. Maggs

Maggs Kenkyuusei

Soo happy i found this
    now my next mission try to learn 48 names OO

12. allisonmarie23

allisonmarie23 Kenkyuusei

Thanks for making this topic. It answered a bunch of my questions (especially about the LOD's), and I learned more on top of that.

One thing to perhaps add, and I wasn't sure if this was suited more for the Q&A topic or not, but: What are the Theatre Girls? I know the senbatsu and Undergirls, but are the Theatre Girls the girls that don't make it into either? I thought it seemed kind of redundant, since it seems like most of the girls appear at the theatre except for the busier ones, so I was wondering if there's something I'm missing. Thanks!

13. Gobolino

Gobolino Member

All the girls perform at the theater...
    But in terms of the songs in a single, they usually had the
    "Top popular members" = Senbatsu singing the "Main song" (A-side).
    "Second row (lol)" = Undergirls singing the B-side.
    "Third class" = Theater girls, singing "that other song that remains".

Undergirls / Theater girls..... how can we say it... are just names...

14. chiyuki

chiyuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino

Wow! This is such useful information. Thank you so much! I'll definitely come back to it if I ever need help. ^^;

15. 09lojh1

09lojh1 Kenkyuusei

hi everyone~
    I was wondering if someone can elaborate on the gacha system?
    1.how long do these gacha stay on sale for? is it a one day event or does it carry on for a period of time?
    2. is there a specific date that its being sold at? if there is, where can i check this?
    3.is it an event tht requires hours of lineup?

thnx to the kind souls tht bother to answer my questions~

16. Jasey

Jasey Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

There is no gacha anymore.

17. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari

As Jasey explained, there is no "gacha" anymore. In place are the monthly pics, which go on sale near the end of the month. You need to check tgsk's blog as he announces when the pics go on sale, it is usually a 3-5 day window. And yes, it does require lining up early. Last time I lined up for the pics I got there around 7:30am and was around 400th in line.

18. ckd

ckd Kenkyuusei

thanks for the FAQ guys! I understand it a little more now.

since there's no gacha and probably no physical FC, it may need to be updated. also, how else you get the two-shots and where they are located?

19. Youkokurama

Youkokurama Kenkyuusei

^ the two shots can now randomly be found inside the packs of pictures that you buy from the akb shop. you can also try and win them at the auctions if you want (though mixi is a way better place to look for one) but last time i checked the 2shots now go for 6 figures. and the challenge doesn't stop after getting a 2 shot ticket, as you need to hunt for a show where the member actually performs and reserve a 2shot for that day with the member. the limit of the 2shots should still be in effect (5 per member per show), though the last time i've seen people do 2shots was like more than a year ago.

and fc is still in effect. 9 more months before it totally vanishes.

20. karles48

I have a doubt. I've heard talking about Togasaki-san a lot of times, but I still don't know his exact relation to AKB48. I think that it would be useful to add another FAQ in the first post about Who's Who in the group management, that is, Akimoto-san, Togasaki-san, AKS, You,Be Cool!/KING RECORDS, and any other I don't know... [think]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.