The Complete Idol

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by araishikeiwai, Sep 18, 2014.

1. araishikeiwai

araishikeiwai Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kimotokanon
    Twitter:
    araishikeiwai
    Who do you think is the most complete member of all 48/46 group?
    I define 'complete' as the multi-talented, all-rounder, as an idol.
    Take example, Oshima Yuko. She can dance, sing, act, lead, do MC, is funny, is cute, etc.

So, who do you think is the closest to 'perfect' idol?

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
  2. dannychucky

dannychucky Kenkyuusei

well as opposite, my perfect idol would be someone who's not really good at anything but just works
    as for me it should be Maeda Atsuko or today's Watanabe Mayu in AKB48

3. noginogi

noginogi Kenkyuusei

Nobody's perfect and Kazumin is my Nobody :^O^:

4. ranko

ranko Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    GPBchan
    This stuff is really subjective, but in my biased opinion, Tanochan is definitely one of the most well-rounded members. Her dancing is excellent, her singing is pretty good, variety is great (imo), and she's killing it in what few gravure shoots with her we see. She's apparently doing well in that WIZ audition, too. The only thing I can't see her doing is cute stuff...lol. It would come off as strange. In fact, her distinct image is another one of her strengths in my opinion. Whenever people complain about the new gen not having any unique personalities, I always think of Tano.

5. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Just a suggestion. The title of this thread "The Best Idol" makes it seem like a simple popularity contest. Kind of like the Best Team thread, where everyone simply named the team their oshimen was on. Perhaps it could be retitled as "Most All-Around Idol". Or in the spirit of AkiP's recent 755 post, "Most Orthodox Idol"...or something. Maybe...just maybe it will get some thoughtful answers.

6. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

I think when it comes to the idol business the best are the ones that attract the largest following, which appears to have little to do with having the better dancing or singing skill.

It comes down to physical appearance, presentation and personality...either real or invented.
    So In this context it is better to consult marketing..PR experts and psychologists...and i am sure the girls study this In some way

As for what I would like an ideal to be...that's a different thing.

7. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    It is really subjective. there is no best idol. everyone have +ve/-ve
    btw, yuko cant really sing from what I know.
    Her acting barely hit mediocre line. Almost all her roles are similiar. I doubt you can even compare her to mediocre actress like Kawaguchi Haruna. Even someone with good acting like Katase Nana cant really climb to the top.

8. araishikeiwai

Oshimen:
    kimotokanon
    Twitter:
    araishikeiwai
    Since I was looking for everyone's opinion on the most multi-talented members, I changed the title to "complete idol"

Yeah, I know it's subjective.
    I just want to know anyone else's perspective on this thing.
    You can't really be fully subjective in this though. If your oshimen is nowhere near complete (let's say can't sing at all, can't do MC well) you can't put her name here lol

At least Yuko tried 笑

9. seiryu

seiryu Kenkyuusei

Your categories are a bit ambiguous there. "Is funny" can be grouped into "MC". Leading is a very personal matter (you generally don't really know a person's leadership skill until you are their subordinates)

With the remaining categories, in senbatsu, two names come to mind:
    - Sayanee: Good dancer, good singer, good boobs, I don't consider her cute though (but when a lady matures, who care whether she is cute or not)
    - Miichan: Excellent dancer, average singer, good MC skills, reasonably cute (in a mischievous way) before her scandal

10. notsolittlej

notsolittlej Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    qurlsday
    Dancing:10
    Singing: 7.5/8 (in comparison to other AKB members not in general)
    Comedy Factor/Personality:10
    Smart-ness: 7
    Beauty: 10
    Cuteness: 8
    Sexyness: 9.5
    Coolness: 10

With that said, I do consider Tano to be the most well rounded member currently in AKB. Amazing dancer, more than decent in singing (again by AKB standards), amazing in variety, extremely pretty and she can pull off both sexy and cute concepts easily. She's the definition of well rounded.

Another idol that comes to mind that fits the criteria is Sayanee.

11. aratafuru

aratafuru Kenkyuusei

^ Lots of 10s in there. :^^;:

IMO Yuko Oshima was the ultimate jack of all trades master of none type idol... not even sure who would come in second... probably Sayanee I guess. :cool: I don't really know Jurina too well... what particular area (if any) is she lacking in the most? To take the easy way out though... IMO if you could mash Sasshi and Mayuyu together you would probably get the most complete 48G idol ever.

The cool thing about 48G though is flaws really do turn out to be charm points sometimes... also a lot of the time a one trick pony type idol will actually become more popular than a more complete all around type idol... all you need is some charisma and something real or manufactured that makes you stand out from the rest and you're probably good to go.

12. araishikeiwai

Oshimen:
    kimotokanon
    Twitter:
    araishikeiwai
    Yeah, actually when I started the thread, I was thinking about both Yuko and Sayanee.
    But since Yuko is my oshimen, I put her instead. But I've always looked at Sayanee as Yuko's successor.

Anyway, I'll score my current top favorite, Kanon (totally subjective):
    Dancing: 8 (I think she nails Glory Days pretty well)
    Singing: 6 (I don't like her Tenshi no Shippo)
    Comedy Factor/Personality: 8 (She doesn't really stand out in TV shows, but when she shows up it's mostly funny or interesting, MC in stage performances is also good to watch)
    Smart-ness: 6 (Old TV shows show that she's not so good with her brain)
    Beauty: 8.5
    Cuteness: 10
    Sexyness: 10 (Come on...)
    Coolness: 9 (When she acts cool, she doesn't look constipated like certain someone) --> or is it coolness like "Ohh, Kakkoiiii~"?

And Mion:
    Dancing: 7 (She's pretty energetic)
    Singing: 8 (I like her voice, she also sang Heavy Rotation pretty well in Heart Ereki national handshake)
    Comedy Factor/Personality: 7.5
    Smart-ness: 6 (From her G+ posts, she seems to procrastinate a lot on her homeworks, IDK if it's due to schedule or she just can't do them well)
    Beauty: 9
    Sexyness: 8.5
    Coolness: 9

13. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    Tomonaga Mio

Dancing: went from 4 to 7. In her early dance, she was unsure and didn't put much energy in performance, but with her wCenter experience, she had no choice to improve her dancing drastically in order to not fall behind. Still not perfect but she can now perform hard song she previously couldn't.

Singing:0 to 0. She's basically allowing all sound engineer of AKB48 to make a living through autotuning her voice for HKT single.

Comedy Factor/Personality
    : from 4 to 7. She used to be the quiet/shy type, but she really got out of her shell with a "grumpy" character, lecturing her fellow HKT members during show. She also takes more initiative during MC, can speak in variety, and is not awkward anymore. Or is she?

Smart-ness: She is called ponkotsu, but she never actually based her character on that, so i don't know. Maybe 5

Beauty: I'm not sure if i can objectively respond to that, i would probably give her a 7 if she wasn't my oshimen

Cuteness: 10, because it's her strong point. Rely a lot on that (maybe too much)

Sexyness: 3 to 7. Sexiness was clearly not something that could define Mio in her early days, but she's doing more photoshoot and gravure, so it's improving in that aspect.

Coolness : Cute, ok, but cool? There's much more girl who are relying on cool than her, so i will say a humble 5

14. aratafuru

aratafuru Kenkyuusei

:^^;:

That's okay though! A compete-ish idol would get 7s across the board right? So if your fav idol's total reaches a total of 56 then that should be good enough probably. :cool: Let's see now... Mio's final tally would be... never mind... that zero really hurt her overall score. :^^;:

15. Furukawa_Akane

Furukawa_Akane Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Watanabe Miyuki

Dancing: 8.5/9 (Her dance skills are strong. She has honed those skills through (really) intense dance lessons when she was younger, now look at her :D)
    Singing: 7.5/8 (As I'm listening to Warukii, I do think her vocals could be improved, hoping that could be the case for her solo debut single
    Comedy Factor/Personality: 8.5/9 (It depends on the situation really)
    Smart-ness: 9 (I guess)
    Beauty: 10 (Ugh, do I need to say anymore?)
    Cuteness: 10 (Kawaii to the max. I guess even when she's in her 30s she'll still be attracted to a camera XD)
    Sexyness: 9.5/10 (Her boobs aren't as glorious as Yukirin's but still she's hot as hell~)
    Coolness: 8.5/9 (Again like her comedy factor, depends on the situation)

Kashiwagi Yuki:

Dancing: 8.5/9 (Her dance skills are strong but~ Depends on the dance)
    Singing: 10 (Fluid vocals~ The flow of her voice, her range. Not the best compared to Masuda Yuka or Iwasa Misaki or even Haachan but she's still good at it)
    Comedy Factor/Personality: 9.5/10 (XD Need I say anymore? #ReactionQueen)
    Smart-ness: 6.5 (As shown in the Bakajo Test, she is quite dumb XD But not the dumbest if compared to Takamina or Kawaei)
    Beauty: 10 (Again, need I say anymore?
    Cuteness: 9 (She is quite cute but too cute <3)
    Sexyness: 10 (Her boobs... And gravure surely suits her and Miyuki <3)
    Coolness: 8.5/9 (She can pull off the cool girl image, but only sometimes <3)

Well I'll do it for my top two I guess~ I'll do Mayuyu and Sayanee in another post~

16. PooPyon

PooPyon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yoshihashi Yuzuka
    Twitter:
    akibachans
    Dancing: 7.5
    I watched her LODs back when she was in Team A and she's easily one of the few that really puts energy to her movements. Fast forward to the present, her dancing in Team E doesn't look out of place and she can actually keep up with the dance monster that is SKE48.

Singing: 7
    She's not Wasamin for sure, but she's decent enough. Here's one of her live performances lol.

Comedy Factor/Personality: 6
    Even as her oshi, Suuchan's kinda boring on shows honestly LOL. She does have a few quirks and dorkiness that makes her interesting, I guess.

Smart-ness: 8
    She scored quite a high score on literature if I'm not mistaken :blush:

Beauty: 8
    I may be totally biased though :p

Cuteness: 9
    Again, I'm probably really biased LOL

Sexyness: 9
    Just because I think her gravure shots are hot :D And she's leaning more towards sexy these days, I think?

Coolness: 4
    I think she's seriously hopeless in this aspect tbh ahah. Her serious face looks awkward -- same as Mayu's when she's doing UZA and all.

Overall score: 7.31 (rounded)

Hey, that's not so bad! :awesome: Does this mean my oshi is (subjectively) well rounded?

Aside from Tano, I think Milky is one of those well-rounded, orthodox idols that's just a jack-of-all-trade type like Yuko, though. She's cute, funny, she dances wel and sings decently, and her expression is always on spot. Her score based on my (totally biased) point of view would look like:

Dancing: 8
    Singing: 7
    Comedy Factor/Personality: 10
    Smart-ness: 8
    Cuteness: 10
    Sexyness: 9
    Coolness: 7

Overall score: 8.38 (rounded)

17. nathan_drake

nathan_drake Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    I guess point like beauty and cuteness is very subjective. Maybe I can say my oshi more pretty than Kojiharu/Annin or more cute than Paruru/Sakura lol. but I try to imagine they are not my oshi.

Miyu Omori
    Dancing: 7
    Singing: 9
    Smart-ness: Idk, maybe 7
    Beauty: 7
    Cuteness: 9
    Sexyness: 6
    Coolness: 7

Nana Okada
    Dancing: 9
    Singing: 9
    Smart-ness: Idk, maybe 7
    Cuteness: 7
    Sexyness: 6

I guess it is still subjective lol

18. mincl17

mincl17 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    I guess this would be the average? Its hard for me to rate my own oshimen, I'm trying to keep my biasness aside :XD:

Takamina
    Dancing: 7 (she doesn't have an inborn talent in dancing but can keep up to any theme especially the fast ones)
    Singing: 8 (still needs proper vocal technique :^^;:)
    Comedy factor/personality:10
    Smart-ness: 7 (she's smart but not academically :p)
    Beauty: 7
    Sexyness: 6 (she can look and act sexy if she wants to be which is really very very very seldom)

Karen:
    Dancing: 7
    Singing: 8
    Comedy factor/personality: 8
    Smart-ness: 7
    Sexyness: 8
    Coolness: 8

19. Galaxy Red

Galaxy Red Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    if people were allowed to do that, are you sure that it wouldn't turn into another "why don't you like my oshi" war?:^^;:

anyway, for takamina
    Dancing: 8
    Singing: 7 (still need more vocal training)
    Comedy factor/personality: 10
    smartness: 5 in knowledge (errr, sorry. I think people already know that)
    Cuteness: 7
    Sexyness: 8
    Coolness: 10

20. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

Yuko Oshima

In comparison to the other idols within AKB48

Dancing:9.5
    Singing: 6.5
    Comedy Factor/Personality:10+++
    Smart-ness: 9.5 (industry smartness)
    Beauty: 7.5
    Cuteness: 6
    Sexyness: 10++

She is a person you just love to watch whatever it is she is doing.