The Complete Idol

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by araishikeiwai, Sep 18, 2014.

1. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Edited from Takamina thread,

Dancing: less than 8 (I'm not sure abt this. But even those who are considered the best dancer in akb like jurina, yuko are not that good in dancing if you compare to other professional dancer/artists like E-girls or AAA, the list goes on)

Singing: 8 ( I agree. still needs proper vocal technique.
    I think she strained her voices, shouting and all. somehow it's quite evidence. She sings much better without pressure though)

Comedy: 9
    Personality: infinity (I somehow think she often forces herself to help others than herself)
    Smart-ness: 7
    Beauty: 7
    Cuteness: 7~8
    Sexyness: 8
    Coolness: 10 (She's forever cool)
    Acting: She is my oshimen, but she cant act lol. She can put on fake tears, but that's it. In fact, almost no members in akb can act. (at least those who has been given chance to act in dramas)

2. edisonaguilar

edisonaguilar Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    edsnaguilar
    I'll do my oshimen, Renacchi.

Dancing: 5.5. She's a decent dancer, always synchronized on the choreography, but I can't help sometimes to notice that her energy's a bit weak. If only she'll put more energy on her dancing, I'll make it 8.

Singing: 8. She has this little high-pitch voice, not as high-pitch as Kasai & Amina though. She's pretty good in singing, her solo performance of First Love is the best, and she was only a Kenkyuusei at that time. If she'll put more power in her singing I'll give her a 9.

Comedy Factor/Personality: 0 -> 7. She's pretty bad in variety in the beginning, especially during that AKB48 vs. HKT48 Special in AKBingo! back in 2012. But she improved a lot now, thanks to her a bit tsundere personality and her kissing monster personality. Her variety shines a lot in Kousagi Dojo! & Renai Sousenkyo. Her reactions in Renai Sousenkyo when she did that 'going-into-a-person's-house' segment to see them kissing is pretty hilarious.

Smart-ness: 7.5. On AnRiRe, she's probably smarter than Kawaei but not that smart against Iriyama. She knows decent English, even talked to her international fans on events on English (I went once on a handshake event to see her but I'm not that fluent in Japanese back then so I don't know what to say. I stuttered my speech then she talked to me in English noticing that I was a foreigner.)

Beauty: 10. She's probably one of the beautiful members in current Team 4 along with Yuria, Yuirii, and Naachan. She's the beauty pair along with Annin in AnRiRe (as I see Kawaei on the cute side).

Cuteness: 7. She's pretty cute, but she's more on the beauty side ever since debut. Its pretty balanced though. She's pretty adorable when she smiles though and her kissing face whenever she kisses someone is pretty cute.

Sexyness: 8. Her body's pretty great as shown on summer singles. Her gravure photoshoot with Annin is the best, and her other solo gravure photoshoots are pretty sexy too.

Coolness : 7. Her coolness in reality is pretty neat, she often leads Team 4 in theater shows because Miichan & Yuria is often absent. Anyways, she can pull off cool concepts well, pretty much on photoshoots, performances and other stuff.

Overall Score: 7.5/10. Pretty neat score, I guess. If she can improve her dancing she'll be a pretty well-rounded idol.

3. pinkfluffballs

pinkfluffballs Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    watanabe mayu
    Twitter:
    belletagy
    Will do Mayu's ranking, but I'm prolly a little biased/more lenient haha.

Dancing: 8
    I'd give her an 8, her dance is pretty decent but of course not as good as others. But then again.. we haven't had much dance-centered singles/songs so can't really compare it to her in the old days.

Singing: 8.5
    She improved a lot from last time, and her recent performance on UTAGE was really good!

Comedy Factor/Personality: 8
    She's really dorky on variety shows (renai ssk, akb arubaito) and on stages! She'll amuse me whenever she's making an appearance on tv/stages haha.

Smart-ness: 9
    Not sure about non-academic, but academic wise, i read somewhere she pretty much excelled in her school subjects? She fared quite well in the mechaike test too.

Beauty: 10
    Nothing to say! She's beautiful!

Cuteness: 10
    Still cute even after maturing into a really beautiful person haha (*^o^*)

Sexyness: 7
    I can't really feel the sexy vibe from her, so..

Coolness: 7
    She tried to, in cool songs, but she could do better. But it's something!

4. iwatatesahos

iwatatesahos Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatatesaho
    Dancing: 3 (she can dance fine but she doesn't put any effort into it)
    Singing: 4
    Smartness: 7 (even though she acts kinda dumb sometimes she goes to a good university and can speak with wisdom when she wants to)
    Beauty: 7
    Sexyness: 6 (it didn't come naturally since she's so cute but her Kuchi Utsu is improving)
    Coolness: 0 (she just makes me laugh..)

5. jeauexe

jeauexe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kinoshitamomoka
    Twitter:
    jeauexe
    I'm doing a ranking for my oshimen Kinoshita Momoka, I made this as objective as I could based on past evidence that I've seen and the like.

Dancing: 4
    Momoka keeps up really well with NMB who do tend to have quite vigorous choreo at times (both singles and stage wise) and she doesn't stand out at all as a bad dancer and sometimes she even overdoes it with her enthusiasm (and that's probably why she has a recurring leg injury). However, if you look at behind the scenes footage (e.g. her audition footage and more recently her cover of Endroll with Jo, Rachel and Yamarina) it's pretty clear that she isn't... the best dancer naturally. To me, the fact that she can dance well in performances is because NMB have their relentless dance teacher AKIRA and the fact that she works hard at it to make sure she can put on a good show. She's said before that she wouldn't be able to perform N3 because the choreo is way too difficult for her, and she said she struggled a lot with RESET as well.

Singing: 5
    Her singing's not perfect. It's a bit hard to judge because in her main unit of Tengoku Yarou from M1 it wasn't really a song that you sing properly. Recently though since Team M have switched to RESET, she does Kiseki wa Maniawanai and sings in a steady tone. It is a bit hard to judge from only that because they do tend to record songs for stages, but she also participated in a live karaoke event for NMB's YNN channel and here's a cover she did of ENDLESS STORY by Ito Yuna. So I'd say she's decent. She's not great by any means, but she can carry a tone while singing live and her voice is generally pleasant to listen to.

Comedy Factor/Personality: 10
    This is what I'd say drew me to her in the first place. There's no other girl in the 48g who has a character like her, she's a complete individual and I really like her for it. She's famous for being quirky, and her Tengoku Yarou is a masterpiece (and is really worth a watch). She's the only non-senbatsu member to take part in every single episode of Geinin 3, and while her jokes can be hit and miss, when they hit they're generally really funny. She's also a main reason why Team M are such an entertaining team to watch on stage and her presence is huge in the MCs. She's the mastermind behind a lot of Team M MCs and activities, the most prominent of those being the yuri theater which has been gaining traction amongst fans and Team M even got to perform one at the AKB Natsu Matsuri, as well as the Saitaaman Taisou which she learnt by herself and Team M performed it at Saitama. Here's the version that they did at the NMB theater. Anyway, she does stuff like that to keep everyone entertained and is a really integral part of the team in terms of creating the batty, quirky aura that Team M are known for.

Intelligence: 5
    Team M often call themselves the dumb team, and I don't think she's any exception. She's said numerous times that she wants to be a NEET and be a hikikomori in the future with no job, so I wouldn't say that she needs good marks to get a proper job or anything. But she also doesn't have an airheaded sort of character, and she's rather good at things like producing so I'd give her an average mark in this aspect.

Beauty: 5
    She's not conventionally pretty so I'm a bit hesitant to put her really high, but she can look absolutely gorgeous when she tries. She was a regular model for KERA magazine in 2013 and it's often repeated by Japanese fans that she looks like a Japanese actress called Nikaido Fumi, so there's that.

Cuteness: 2
    She's cute when she tries, she has the most adorable scrunchy smile and her yaeba stick out and it's really cute. However she has more fun looking insane, so... she does that instead.

Sexiness: 1
    ... no. Let's just leave it at that. She hates doing gravure, and she doesn't get those sorts of jobs anyway, and she's perfectly happy with that. She does enjoy seducing other members though, which is why I gave her that one point. But it only really works on Maokyun, anyway.

Coolness: 9
    She's Team M's ikemen idol, so there's that. She works really well in cool themed songs as well, watching her in Kobushi no Seigi is great.

Average: 5.125

Her average is quite low, and she's not a perfect idol by any means but despite her low scores here I love everything about her so it's all good with me. I'm rather proud of how objectively I could think about her, actually!

Last edited: Sep 21, 2014
  6. Timmeon

Timmeon Kenkyuusei

I will rate my two oshis Fuuchan and Mirurun. (Yes, I have two. I know, sacrilege!)

Fuuchan
    Dancing: 3
    Fuuchan is clumsy and has a really hard time with dancing. She repeatedly says that she's the worst at it. She had a really hard time learning RESET and her dancing in Seifuku no Resistance is still after months something that leaves much to be desired. She gets to a decent level through repetition, basically, but nothing more.
    Singing: 5
    This one is a bit hard to assess properly for me because there are not many examples of her singing live. Her voice has a nice tone and she can hit notes alright it seems. But her voice isn't very strong. So, I give her an average on this.
    Comedy Factor/Personality: 6
    She leveled up in this area in recent months. For the longest time she just was content with projecting the stereotypical idol personality and was funny mostly in unvoluntary situations. But recently she tries to show a bit more of her dorky side on purpose, for example on Genkai Toppa or in the YNN Nandeyanen Camp. She regularly bombs with her jokes but in hilarious ways and if she succeeds with a joke she really kills it.
    Intelligence/Smartness: 4
    She's not the smartest in the park. Neither in terms of educational knowledge nor in terms of quick-wittedness. Sometimes she has a moment of brilliance but more often than not she is pretty clueless about things. Her social skills aren't the best either.
    Beauty: 8
    Well, this is pretty much subjective but I find her really beautiful. Not as much in terms of body but in facial features and hair. She has a conventional prettiness and a great smile. I would rate her even higher if there weren't these rumors that she looks like a different person (or even "monster") without make-up. haha
    Cuteness: 9
    That's the part where she really shines. Not many 48 Girls can surpass her in terms of this soft, friendly cuteness she constantly radiates. Her clumsiness and shyness add to it. The cuteness she has is neither childish nor aggressive ("Milky-style") but rather natural.
    Sexyness: 2
    Now, she does quite a bit of gravure shoots but to be honest they mostly exemplify her cuteness rather than they show any sexiness on her part. She can be sexy in the spur of the moment in a performance but if she tries to be sexy on purpose she falls flat on her face. She doesn't have enough confidence for it.
    Coolness: 4
    Pretty much the same as with sexiness just with the difference that she has an easier time coming across cool in a performance. She leveled up in this category in recent time, I feel. She tries to challenge herself with the Seifuku no Resitance unit and puts a bit more effort in portraying this side.

Average: 5.125 Well, she is quite the average idol. I want her to surpass this level though and that's one reason I support her.
    @jeauexe I can be as objective as you, hah!;)

Mirurun
    Dancing: 5

At the time of the NMB 1st gen auditions you could she Miru struggling with dancing in a major way. She doesn't have a natural talent for it. But she worked hard and by the time she was promoted to Team N her dancing got pretty good and ever since then she kept at it. Her dancing skills are nothing that gets her noticed but it is competent and nice to look at.
    Singing: 2
    If her duet with Shu of Tonari no Banana is an indicator she can't hold a note to save her life. In the recordings her voice is pleasent to listen to but live she just doesn't have any voice control whatsoever.

The area where she shines in. She just has a knack for saying absurd-adorable things at the exact right time, has a great sense of humor and with her specialty to grab attention through calculated facial mimic and gestures she doesn't even have to say a word to be funny. She is a pretty unique mix of adorable-quirky-eccentric. While she isn't so good in regular MCs she just instinctively knows when to throw in some off the cuff remarks that seldom miss their target. Throw in her affinity for adventuring and be in adrenaline-rush situations, you have a really interesting idol personality at your hands.
    Intelligence/Smartness: 5

Now, you might wonder why I give her such a high score on this although everyone knows that she is one of the greatest baka in NMB and repeatedly scored lowest marks in tests. But hear me out! It's right her educational knowledge was and still is abysmal. She can't read kanji properly, is bad in English and her overall knowledge is poor. (Although some of the most outrageous things she says I think she does for comedies' sake.) But she makes up for it with her smartness. Mostly to be seen in handshake reports she just knows how to push the right buttons and throw curveballs to her fans to make her handshake experiences something unique. She wouldn't be able to do this if she was truly dumb. Her calculated but quick approach with her responses shows a decent amount of natural smartness on her part.
    Beauty: 10

A bit dental fixing and a growth spurt and suddenly you have the most beautiful member in NMB in Miru. It's also her pretty unique hairstyle with those long side-bangs that makes her recognizable.
    Cuteness: 8

More than actual cuteness per se, it is adorableness that defines her, I think. Sometimes innocently funny and sometimes mischivous, that constitutes her "cuteness".
    Sexyness: 6

She leveled up in this quite hardcore in recent times, eh? Many great gravure shoots and with the body of hers she is a real looker. She also expressed a desire to have more sex-appeal recently. She certainly has the sexiness but at the same time she is only 16. There is much room for improvement as she gets older.
    Coolness: 4

She has quite a bit of charisma and can be cool when she wants to. She just doesn't use it that often because she plays up her cuteness more. I think she will level up in this eventually.

Average score: 6 Above average but with so much potential that she could blow up the scale in a few years time.

Wow, that got long. If anyone read this: Have a cookie and thanks for reading!

7. Raizy

Raizy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    xujiaqi
    Er so we choosing who we think is the most 'complete' idol or just rating our oshimens? cause they are not the same for me at all. And seemingly we need to give reasons for our ratings now instead of just numbers.

Btw what's 10? perfection? who's a 10 in all your opinions?

MoHan:
    Dancing:
    7.4? she's known to have leg injuries if that's an indication of anything.... and she does covers of jap songs, though only vocaloid comes to mind, but i bet you there's one or two that aren't.
    Singing: can't tell, the theatre performances are either autotuned or the sound is altered to avoid copyright. give her a 6 for how hard she works? but then again which idol doesn't.
    Comedy Factor/Personality: 8. I like her MC, personal preference.
    Smart-ness: 6.7, she doesn't seem too dumb
    Beauty: 7? she's lost weight but scared she'll gain it all back soon...
    Cuteness: 5? what's the japanese equivalent of aegyo? yeah she has something like that. i think.
    Sexyness: 3. can't tell. never thought about her that way. maybe a 2....
    Coolness: 8. she's awesome, and she's like the mother of the group.

That was much harder than it actually seems >_< maybe it's cause i haven't been a fan for that long........

Oshima Yuko (Yes i know she's graduated, but she was my original oshi)
    Dancing: 9.9. something about her, my eyes get drawn to her automatically. i think that's what people call an aura.
    Singing: 6.7. she's had her off days. I've heard her live before for Mae Shika Mukanee, wasn't good. But it did the job.
    Comedy Factor/Personality: 9. there were people funnier than her, but youtube is full of her comedy. i like her monomane of that statue thingy, the one where she bares her top teeth, pulls her hair back and widens her eyes.
    Smart-ness: 8.7. Ranked second in Mechaike if i remember correctly. Her MC is decent from what i've seen.
    Beauty: 8. mesmerizing and aura.
    Cuteness: 8. she can pull it off EASILY.
    Sexyness: 9. that cleavage O_O
    Coolness: 9.3. Watch the documentaries, that's all i need to say

Last edited: Sep 21, 2014
  8. Furukawa_Akane

Furukawa_Akane Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    @Raizy 10 is perfection yeah~ Nice penguin btw XD I don't personally think there's someone who is a 10 all across the board tbh, everyone has their flaws, whether it's Yuko and her singing (She's more the dance type to me) or Yukirin with her dancing (Complete opposite to Yuko, more vocals than dance), no idol is perfect~

9. Raizy

Raizy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    xujiaqi
    your names too long, i'm just going to quote you.

sure no idols perfect, but surely there are idols who are more closer to perfection than others? wasn't that the whole point of this thread? the Most Complete Idol? I think a better question would be who's the most perfect idol in *Insert different fields here*? Like those fields we just used to rate our oshis.

10. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

Depend on the base line. I'm marking ability in comparison to those in AKB. Thus 10 would be top of AKB and etc.

If you were to mark them against a professional industry standard most would struggle to achieve 5 for anything, including singing. I think it pointless to rank them against a professional standard dancer or singer...since none are trained to that level, except one in singing.

11. araishikeiwai

araishikeiwai Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kimotokanon
    Twitter:
    araishikeiwai
    I think I'll create a system where you can rate any members (and hopefully objectively) and rank them accordingly. After I'm done with the hassles I'm facing IRL at the moment xD

What fields do you think should be in? Are those proposed by @rka enough?

12. MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    Paruru

Dancing: 6 (She's on the good side of meh)
    Singing: 6 (Also on the good side of meh, and she even surprises me sometimes)
    Comedy factor/personality: 10 (Duh.)
    smartness: 5 (Also duh.)
    Beauty: 8 (She knows how to work a camera)
    Cuteness: 9 (This is obvious)
    Sexyness: 7 (She can totally pull off a foxy look)
    Coolness: 4 (This, she can work on).

All in all, I think Paruru is the perfect Idol. She has a distinct personality, but is still incredibly marketable in many ways. She's not particularly talented in terms of dance or vocals, but she's definitely a total package.

13. Raizy

Raizy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    xujiaqi
    Well why don't we begin with who's the most average? then again, the most average is also probably the one that least stands out... So can we just pick someone as a base line then? Also i'd split comedic factor and maybe replace personality with MC ability?

14. Jayden

Jayden Kenkyuusei

Sashihara

Dancing: 5-6; HKT probably helped her because the dances are easier there.. oh wait, she does both akb and hkt singles anyway.

Singing: 6; while not Mio level, her voice is pretty average while still sounding unique. Still needs a lot of auto tuning in the studio, but Hatsukoi Heels is like Aki-P said, a true hidden gem in 48G discography. It's a c/w for her first solo single, so check it out!

Comedy Factor/Personality: 10. Come on, she's known for this.

Smart-ness: 8-9. She probably wouldn't have bounced back that easily from her scandal if that was the case. The way she's using her twitter account to successfully interact with the fans as well as call out on nonsense (she just nipped a potential fake scandal in the bud on there a few days ago) is just genius. *oshi bias maybe

Beauty: 7 well. Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder. She doesn't look good in most photoshoots (like on her type-c cover of HKT's 4th single) but Sasshi in motion is incredible. I believe a show somewhere touched on this before, where it was said that Sasshi's beauty could not be captured through pictures.

Cuteness: 8. Sashiharabu, Seifuku no Bambi, she kills them. Don't forget the classic idol covers they all did during the HKT tours.

Sexyness: 5. Maybe it's just me but I cringe at her gravure shoots most of the time lol. Her photo book(s) mostly are on the cute side so yeah.

Coolness: 9. Itoshiki Natasha. 'Nuff said. Her cover with Marty Friedman and her appearance on that show where she did another rock cover was awesome bar none.

15. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    JURINAAA

Dancing: 9 (She's not GODLIKE, but then again, she's definitely one of the better dancers in 48G!)
    Singing: 6 (Also on the good side of meh, and she even surprises me sometimes. That being said, AUTOTUNE IS KING)
    Comedy factor/personality: 10 (I think personality is actually bigger here. Jurina has a bit of an above average sense for comedy, but in terms of personality, JURITAN FOR LIFE!! The way that she helps out her fellow members is super awesome.)
    Smartness: 6+ (I haven't seen a lot of it, but she's still class rep type!)
    Beauty: 7 (Jurina is not photogenic, at all.)
    Cuteness: 8 (Jurina is so cute, but love is in the eye of the beholder)
    Sexiness: 5 (Her gravure is on and off. That being said, I can't really see her as sexy)
    Coolness: 9 (Juritan is the queen of cool!!).

Average: 8.571

16. technosworld

technosworld Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    furuhatanao
    Kashiwagi Yuki

Dancing: 9 (I think she has a lot of energy and also likes the winking at the camera)
    Singing: 9 (As many solo concerts as she has done, amazing)
    Comedy factor/personality: 7 (she doesn't try to be funny or isn't that good at it, However she IS the reaction queen)
    Smartness: 6 (She's bad at cooking and she did average on the Mechaike quizzes)
    Beauty: 9 (IMO, those eyes and that nose are perfect)
    Cuteness: 9 (She knows how to be cute)
    Sexiness: 8 (She has an amazing body, but her photoshoots don't show a ton of personality IMO)
    Coolness: 5 (She's doesn't seem to do a lot with many other members and Kouhais have called her out on it)

and....Furuhata Nao (I don't know much about her yet, but here's my impressions so far, as I am really starting to like her)

Dancing: 6 (I've heard she's had a lot of trouble getting good at dance moves
    Singing: 9 (Rated #1 in SKE)
    Comedy factor/personality: 5 (She's low key, but can surprise people sometimes)
    Smartness: 8 (She seems smart to me)
    Beauty: 7 (She didn't strike me much at first, but she's growing on me)
    Cuteness: 7 (Rating this similar to beauty, but she does take a lot of adorable selfies)
    Sexiness: 9 (She is sexy in a different way, its how she acts when trying to be sexy, she's naturally good at it)
    Coolness: 10 (Something about this girl just represents what I think of "Cool". Very down to earth, very normal and seemingly very nice and kind also)

17. tsukiname

tsukiname Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    For me the ''complete'' idols are : (I don't count graduated members)
    Tano Yuka,Tani Marika,Kawaei Rina,Kuramochi Asuka,Yamamoto Sayaka,Akiyoshi Yuka
    All have good balanced abilities on singing,dancing,mc and beauty or cuteness or coolness
    There are more but they're the ones on my mind now.

18. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    Should we rename the topic as "rank your oshimen" already?

And about Takamina, i wonder why you don't put a 10 for her in smartness? Same as Sashihara

19. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    First Sayanee oshi in. Woohoo. I used to be super biased towards her, but I think I can be a little more objective in, so let me give it a try!

Also, actually to me, she is the perfect example of jack of all trades, master of none. Yuko was close to it, but completely lost out when it came to singing (let's be real :p)

Whenever I think about it, Sayaka is good or at least decent at so many things but when I was asked to think about one thing that is her specialty, I just can't name it. Even in her own NMB profile, when asked what her strong point was, all she said was her passion/her focus. And that's cause that really is the truth XD

So here I go!

Yamamoto Sayaka
    Dancing:9

Sayaka's a really good dancer, but I wouldn't call her the best, hence she doesn't get perfect score. What she excels in though is the expression in her dance. Her performance of Dakishimeraretara is one of the best examples of that. She is also very precise, and doesn't waste a single movement when she dances, and is very sharp and on point with her performances.

Singing:7
    This one is definitely up to debate. I know there are people who don't even like her vocals or think she's a not very good singer. But personally, her vocals was one of the first things that drew me to her, and I still definitely am a fan of it. It has a nice, soothing quality, and I love the way she pronounces words in songs, it's very distinctive. I think throughout the years, she has improved in her projection and what not. But she has her off days as well where she doesn't sound too great, and so, I think she needs to train her consistency more. So yeah, I think she's decent but still can improve lots more.

Comedy Factor/Personality:7.5
    Personally, I love Sayaka's personality. She is really serious and dedicated, and is very professional. She also has her funny moments especially alongside fellow members, and particularly excels in one-shot gags when it comes to comedy/owarai. She's rather unpredicatable, and sometimes does the funniest, dorkiest stuff. So though she has a serious side, she knows how to fool about too. However, this doesn't come out much when she's out of her comfort zone such as when she is with AKB or on her own. I would give this area higher marks cause she is honestly really entertaining. But until she is able to break out of her shell on shows without NMB or people she's familiar with, I can't give her a higher score.

Smart-ness: 8
    Hmms She's relatively smart, and really knows how to conduct herself in terms of being polite and the right words to say. I think she's quite book-smart, but she's more street-smart in comparison. It's from the recent Geinin episodes where Football Hour were commenting how Sayaka was someone who could definitely survive out there because she knew how to give professional answers people wanted while expressing her opinion at the same time. I marked her down however for that time she associated Merlion (Singapore's trademark) with my country, Malaysia though hahaha.

Beauty: 8
    All of this is very subjective, but even more so beauty. For someone who didn't even initially find my oshi as beautiful (I do now), I think this score is fair enough. She may not be a very conventional type of beautiful, but she does have some very nice features. I mean that chin (how many people do plastic surgery to have such a chin?! haha), and I do think she has really pretty eyes. I think she has a very unique look, but what makes her beautiful isn't just her physical aspect but how she carries herself. Even fellow 48members have described her as an elegant Japanese girl because of the Japanese values she holds on so strongly to. That itself to me is a form of beauty.

I think my DP is proof enough for this. Haha. I give her perfect score for this because she just pulls this off so well. The reason why Sayaka can be so popular among both guys and girls is partly due to this. To me, cuteness has 50% to do with how you look, but the other 50% is how you express and carry yourself. And I think she is able to pull this off really well. Especially since she can be quite shy, that too also really shows her cute side. She is also aided by her babyface. Without her makeup, she looks like a baby :p

Sexiness: 10
    This too has to do with the power of her expression. Like bodywise, she has a good proportion of boobs, abs and curves. But it isn't just the physical aspect she has. She is also able to carry this off even in performances. Her performance of Dakishimeraretara is a good example, but the performance that really struck me was her 2012 shuffle of Kuchi Utsushi no Chocolate. The way she knew whenever the camera was on her, the eye contact, the body language, she communicated it perfectly.

Coolness: 10
    Again, since this has to do with her expression which has to be one of Sayaka's strongest points, she gets a perfect score. What I always find really cool about Sayaka is how she often makes something that I would deem as difficult look so simple. There's that and also of course how is a guitarist, and her image too of course. When she does cool songs, she is very charismatic, and able to draw the audience towards her. I think this is definitely one of the biggest factors of why she's so popular among girls. Her passion, above all, to me is admirable, and even that is really cool.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
  20. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

She's the closest thing to rival Miku Hatsune.