Tomonaga Mio (Mio) / 2nd Generation

Discussion in 'HKT48 Graduated Members' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Sep 23, 2012.

1. cubozoa

cubozoa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    suzumotomiyu
    Twitter:
    Cubozoa48
    Re: KKS - Tomonaga Mio

You jinxed it xD

current view count ranking (brackets = increase within the last 24h):

1位 Sakura
    • 45122回 (+29718)
    2位 Mio 
    • 27588回 (+3148)
    3位 Chihiron
    • 18386回 (+ 1722)
    4位 Meru
    • 18197回 (+ 1312)
    5位 Natsumikan
    • 11970回 (+ 631)

ps: Yeah I'm unbiased on who I'm favoring in this ^^ cuz I have all of them on my oshimen list :inlove:

2. Sayanara231

Sayanara231 Kenkyuusei

I like them all as well but I still want Mio to win :D I'll watch the video as much as I can, since I have no idea how the viewcount actually works!^^

really loved that update of Mio today about tomorrow's concert:

Tomonaga Mio 2013.07.19 22:42
    Good Evening(・∀・)ノ

This is Mio+♪

From tomorrow on,

the 5 Dome Tour will begin(๑˙╰╯˙๑)

I am so thankful,

that I get to stand on the stage of the Fukuoka Dome 。

I am thankful to all the people that will come watch us。

I am thankful to all the people that cannot make it

but will give me their support on Mio+。

I am thankful to the Staff-san,

that will run around all day

for our sake。

I want to show you a concert,

that can live up to all that feeling of gratitude

that I have。

I want that everyone comes across a performance

that’s just sparkling。

Definitely, everyone

let’s please all have fun together(^o^)/

The feelings of everyone that cannot come,

will be connected(﹡ˆ﹀ˆ﹡)

So please enjoy yourselves on Mio+!

Well then(^o^)/~~

Good Night☆
    [​IMG]

and just for completion, might as well post the earlier update from today^^

Tomonaga Mio 2013.07.19 16:11
    Hello(˘︶˘).。.:*♡

This is Mio+♪

There’s a break from rehearsal now\(^^)/

The dome is really gigantic(๑°ㅁ°๑)‼✧

I may become a lost child in here(。•́︿•̀。)

And I am paying attention now

so I won’t fall down again!lol

I will do a good rehearsal today,

so I am prepared for tomorrow’s concert(^ิ艸^ิ)-3

I put on a cold Pita[a band with cooling gel in it]

to give my body some rest(¯︶¯)

Everyone, what are you doing right now?
    [​IMG]

3. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR

I am terribly sorry! [bow] But if one of these two wins it I will be as happy as can be. :^O^:

@Sayanara231 Youtube still won't disclose how viewcounts work, they have had problems with bots big time and don't want to tip their hand. But the best I can tell is the vid has to be watch more than 80% but not necessarily 100%. I always play the vid full if I want it to count and then reload the whole page if watching multiple times for counts. Also thanks for the translations. [hi5] :approve: I really love Mioten's post. <3 <3 She always come across as genuinely grateful and very warm to her fans. Makes me love her all the more. :awesome: :inlove:

Man, I wish I could watch this dome concert. :tongue: :( I can just imagine HKT48 rocking the venue in front of their home crowd. [rock] [rock] [rock]

4. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama

huh? What do they get if they got first for the bubble gum contest?

i didn't follow quite well the conversation i'm afraid.

5. cubozoa

cubozoa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    suzumotomiyu
    Twitter:
    Cubozoa48

The member with the highest view count until the 29th of july will be featured in a new CM as leading role. [blush]

Currently Sakuratan is in the lead by 16k views over Miochan.

6. Sayanara231

Sayanara231 Kenkyuusei

ugh, ALL the feels :cute:

Tomonaga Mio 2013.07.20 22:52
    Good Evening。

This is Mio+♪

At the Fukuoka Dome,

we got to make the announcement

about HKT48’s 2nd single 『Melon Juice』 that will go on sale on September 4th\(^^)/

For the first time, I have the privilege of being the center

together with Meru-chan。

During the photoshoot for the CD Jacket is when I got informed about it for the first time。

In the beginning, I was really suprised。

I kept thinking:

『Why me?
    Singing, dancing, talking,
    I can’t do any of that。
    Am I really good enough?』。

I was glad,

but at the same time I had a lot of fears。

"You have to give it your best" is what I kept thinking inside my head。

But I wasn’t able to sort it out in my head at all。

I had a lot of talks with Meru-chan。

Eventually I decided to face the situation and to give it my best try。

I have a deep feeling of gratitude

towards everyone that giving me their support。

I will work hard,

because I want to reward all your feelings for me。

I still have a lot I want to write about,

but I was not yet able to fully put all the feelings I have for today in order

In a bit, I will convey you my feelings little by little。

Everyone,

I thank you so much。

[​IMG]

it's gonna be tough for Mio but I am sure she will pull through. with this new center position and the new KKS unit, Mio is on a way to AKB senbatsu faster than ever! I am so stoked how it all will turn out^^

7. odagiri_juno

odagiri_juno Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    Twitter:
    bizarre_juno

congratulation for being a Wcenter and one of the new KKS unit member mio.. [party]
    well im not surprised mio get a heavy push,tho i didnt expecting this sooner and so big..
    i guess it about time mio also would have a hater later.. :D

8. DreamingPebbles

DreamingPebbles Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uimashiro
    Twitter:
    dreamingpebbles

While it's good that Mio is rising in the ranks of the group, I don't think that she's fit to be center yet. She's still too shy and insecure to be in that position. I'm afraid this will add even more pressure to her, and she doesn't look like the type of person that can handle pressure well. Maybe a better move would be to put Meru as single center and Mio on the second row with Haruppi and Sakura?

9. odagiri_juno

odagiri_juno Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    Twitter:
    bizarre_juno

i understand your skepticism..
    even i still think mio nowhere near center level and to be honest never will.most likely cuz she just lack in so many department and mio's main appeal isnt come from her performance on stage..
    but well i suppose being a successful center isnt all about skill or hardwork,there is many x factor as well..
    of course im worried but mio is not alone up there,she has meru on her side to complete her.the fact that mio already appeared in many major concert not to mention with senbatsu level member assured me that she could handle the pressure well..
    plus this pic somehow tell me mio would do just fine in center position as she has one of the sweetest smile in 48 group.. :p
    [​IMG]

10. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama

Guys, i'm so glad that as Mio's fans, we understand each other.

I definitively share the same point of view as you.

Of course, i am happy for Mio to have the chance to shine. This is a one life opportunity, and when someone give it to you, you have to grab it at full force. And to express respect and gratitude, you have to give it your all so people who sought the same place as you think "she deserves it, she gave her all without fear".

On the other hand, it's from her inner nature to be shy and quiet. This is her appeal that make me like her. But this is not the same appeal that a center should have. Meru is clearly nearer of this Aura than Mio.

I don't say she can't reach this aura but this is not the case Yet. She is not ready. But the management don't care : they give her HKT center position(am i going to hear her voice in the main chorus? i don't think so) they give her a seed in a brand new KKS unit (more work again) and i'm sure 10000% they will make her win at least a senbatsu spot for the janken (can she be janken center???omg i can't even think about it)

I can't hide my worries. But things have been decided and the only thing i can do is to pray that Mio will take the challenge bravely and do her best.

DO YOUR BEST MIOTAN!!!!

11. Sayanara231

Sayanara231 Kenkyuusei

I just remembered something else. in today's post, too, Mio talked about "sorting out her head". and she did that a couple of times the recent days as well. and thinking of this, in the upcoming weeks, she will have a huge workload before her. being center for the single AND having to practice that new unit's song now. and then all the promotion that will go on afterwards. it really seems like management wants to cannon-ball Mio into a top position right now. I really hope she can handle it all and doesn't burn out eventually.

12. sukipo

sukipo Kenkyuusei

I can't help but feel happy for Mio, she's been working hard and I think that this whole center thing is going to be really good for her. She needs to be more confident, this is a fact, and I'm sure that the center position will bring this confidence to her. I remember reading her posts during the Sayonara Crawl days and she had the same worries as now, but I also remember her saying that Meru was always there to help her. Well, Mio isn't alone, she has Meru to rely on, and both of them will do a great job as HKT's W center. I'm sure they will <3

13. Sayanara231

Sayanara231 Kenkyuusei

more updates from Mio.

Tomonaga Mio 2013.07.21 22:46
    Good Evening(・∀・)ノ

This is Mio+♪

Shinoda-san,

congratulations for your graduation。

Because of my admiration of Shinoda-san,

I decided to audition for HKT48,

so seeing her graduate now,

absolutely makes me sad。

At today’s concert,

during 『Ue kara Mariko』,

while walking to the stage, I was able to make a High-Touch with Shinoda-san!

I really started to cry。

Also, when the concert was over,

I got to take a picture together with Shinoda-san。

At that time, this is the advice she gave me:

『Give it your best for Melon Juice, alright。
    During your performances, you always have a happy face

and you seem really happy。
    However, I think it would be good if you also showed a serious face more often as well。』

And then she told me 『You really seem like my little sister。lol』。

I am so glad about that o(^o^)o

Never forgetting the advice I got from Shinoda-san,

I will grow more mature。

Also, to grow into a person that is worthy of Shinoda-san,

I will give it my best。
    [​IMG]

Tomonaga Mio 2013.07.21 23:03
    Good Evening(・∀・)ノ

This is Mio+♪

To the people that came to the Fukuoka Dome meeting place,

and to the people that gave me their support on Mio+ during those 2 days,

thank you very much。

I had the privilege of performing the unit-song

『Aidoru nante Yobanaide』\(^^)/

I got taught many moves that I didn’t know

from Mayuyu-san and Ai-chan(๑˙╰╯˙๑)

Thank you very much♡

Today, for the first time,

I had the privilege of performing both 『UZA』 and 『Beginner』。

Shortly before the performance,

the dance teacher and I went over the steps for it again.

But then for the performance, I was not able to show a performance

that I could agree with myself。

In order for next time,

to be able to show a performance that I can definitely agree with myself,

I will practice more and more。

Everyone,

thank you very much for those 2 days。

Well then(^o^)/~~

Good Night☆
    [​IMG]

as expected, great advice from Mariko-sama. also, I really want to see those Beginner and UZA performances with Mio in it now^^

14. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR

@Sayanara231 Thanks for the translations! [clap] I usually get them at @Tumblewush's tumblr. But don't worry, I still read yours as well. ;) Seems Tumbs is out of action for the last couple days, so it is really really great to have another translator working on them. [rock]

Mioten had such kind words for Mariko-sama. And Mariko-sama with the good advice, as expected of one of AKB's best. [nod] [nod] I am really happy that she got to have a 2-shot with her Idol, and it is an awesome 2-shot at that. :awesome: Idol nante Yobanaide with Mayuyu must have been one hell of a sight to behold. I am really anxious to get this concert on Blu-ray for this and many other reasons. UZA and Beginner with our little angel of cuteness, I just can't picture it. [shake] But I must see it! [nod] [nod]

[​IMG]

Isn't she just pretty in pink? :blush: :inlove:

And now for way I am here tonight. You would think that as much as I love Mioten, I would be happy for her to be WCenter with Meru. But no matter how hard I try I can't be. :( I am scared for her, would be the best way to put it. Center is a huge change for someone in her position. And that means a ton of added stress, especially for someone as shy and introverted as our precious Mioten. I just don't know if she is ready for it. And I definitely don't want to see her burn out (Jo Erica ring any bells). This is why Iusually stay away from the KKS, to much chance for heartbreak. But Mioten has that ability to draw you in and make you want to watch over her, even if it's against your will. I would have been stoked to hear about the Super-KKS unit, but the two things combined has me really scared for her. I will continue to do what I can to support Mioten because I love her and she is going to need the support of her members and fans. But I am going into this next single with no small amount of trepidation.

Mioten! We are here for you! If ever you are feeling troubled, just know that you can count on your fans for strength and your members for support and advice. Especially Haruppi, Meru, and Sakuratan. Lean on them if you are down. O.K. And you know Sasshi has got your back! Good luck! :inlove: :inlove: <3 <3

15. odagiri_juno

odagiri_juno Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    Twitter:
    bizarre_juno

thanks for the translation..
    nice advice there from mariko,im sure it will boost her confident.more and more reason not to worry for her heavenly push.also funny how mariko finally said that mio seems like her sister,iirc yuko/kojiharu said similar things before.i guess nickname shinoda-san imoto is valid for mio.. :p

slight look of what this new unit would look like..
    [​IMG]
    too bad kitagawa ryoha and shibuya nagisa wasnt there cuz i have no idea who they are but i think they look good together.with okada nana strong vocal,meru and miki energetic performance,mio and mako cuteness,and ryoha and nagisa who also a super kks so i heard.damn.. [hehe]
    man there is just so many thing to look forward too..
    hkt's new single Melon Juice and future girls Suitei Marmalade,new kks unit,and the upcoming janken tournament.this probably the happiest time for mio so far..

speaking of janken tournament,mio is on the 1st portion of B block.mio will have to face the winner of takeuchi mai vs ishida haruka then if she win, she will battle with the winner of murakami ayaka VS tano yuuka for senbatsu spot.not a bad road i guess,the biggest obstacle probably ishida haruka who was runner-up for the 1st janken tournament but im confident she could pass it and earn senbatsu spot.for me the dream scenario would be mio vs tanochan,even tho its kinda suck.well hopefully one of the two get the senbatsu spot...

16. Sayanara231

Sayanara231 Kenkyuusei

I really wanna see Mio in UZA and Beginner though because if you can dance UZA, you can become center for your group as well. it's such an intense song and Beginner, too, really. Mio said that she wasn't too happy with her performances of it but that might just be her wish to be 100% perfect.

17. DreamingPebbles

Oshimen:
    uimashiro
    Twitter:
    dreamingpebbles

Oh but isn't Mio everyone's little sister? :blush:

I felt the same thing. I'm glad that Mio's fans here can accept criticism without going all mad.

And now I really want to see Mio doing UZA! I don't even like that song, but watching Mio in it should be interesting. The DVD/bly-rays can't come soon enough...

18. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru

Hm, I just now realized I have yet to come here and congratulate Mioten on her center position. Congrats, cutey. [party]

I have some of the same thoughts that's been shared here that I honestly don't feel she's ready for it (her performance ability still leaves much to be desired) but it'll be interesting to see how she handles the pressure. Management has been putting quite a bit of stock in her and she has a lot of opportunities right now. Her star's already rising but if she utilizes the chances she's been given, the return will be huge.

The new KKS unit is so full of win, it has the perfect blend of talent, personality, and star power. I get tingles just thinking about what a line up like this is capable of. I have no doubt that Mio will be able to shine her own light even with all that "kira kira" going on around her. :p

19. DreamingPebbles

Oshimen:
    uimashiro
    Twitter:
    dreamingpebbles

^ Oh yeah, I had forgotten about the KKS unit. Actually I don't know anything about the other members other than Mio and Meru. I've watched the AKB KKS stage once but I don't really remember the girls. Have they released more information about the unit? Do we know if it's just for a song or if it's permanent?

20. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru

I don't know too much about the SKE/NMB KKS but Kojimako, Naachan, and Miki are arguably the most important KKS AKB has atm. Kojimako's pretty much the face of her generation, is notorious for her HS sales and is being groomed to be an future asset (I'm actually expecting her to be center for this unit). Naachan's a beauty with a strong voice that's been capturing wota attention. Miki is a 'Mayuyu' type, solid across the board and total ace material. Mix in all that in with A-Once-in-Ten-Years Idol and The Queen of Cute Charisma and you've got one amazing unit. :awesome:

As far as I know, there hasn't been any other details then the line up but I'm assuming it's a one shot thing since I don't see Meru and Mio remaining KKS for long after 3rd gen arrives. I'd personally like them to be AKB group's answer to Hello!Project's Juice=Juice though and actually get single releases. Maybe even have a revolving line up to feature the newest rising KKS stars?