TV / Radio [TV] - [HKT48 Tonkotsu Mahou Shoujo Gakuin] 13/07/02~13/09/17

Discussion in 'HKT48 News & Releases' started by Asheron, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Mayuyusuki

Mayuyusuki Member

Re: [TV] - [HKT48 Tonkotsu Mahou Shoujo Gakuin] 13/07/02~

Okubo is the tsukkomi? I thought Mitsuura was since Okubo is usually the one most often looking foolish. Then again, despite all my years of seeing them on TV, I've never actually seen them perform a manzai routine.

This week's Tonkotsu Mahou episode was better than last week's, and I thought last week's was pretty good. My favorite part was when Akiyoshi asked Okubo what a OL was. Just further illustrated the age gap between them.

Perhaps the girls had trouble being comfortable around older gents like Dachou Club and Coroquette (Koroke?)? Then again, those were the first 2 episodes so maybe bit by bit the girls are hitting their stride.

I expect them to start first next week! CowCow should be fun, they have much experience with AKB.

2. Smilodon

Smilodon Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka

The little manzai that they do has Ookubo as a tsukommi and Mitsura as a boke. I think Ookubo even commented on Ame-Talk about how Mitsura complained how her tsukommi just hurt instead of actually being funny.

Yeah, I definitely think they're better with girls rather than older men who deal with a very specific set of gags. Ookubo's strengths lie in her talking so the show definitely flowed better without an emphasis on making the girls do monomane or routines. Kinda sketch with CowCow next week since they're gag oriented but Tada and Yoshi aren't bad talkers by any stretch but it looks more gags again next week haha.

3. Mayuyusuki

Mayuyusuki Member

Everytime I see a Mechaike member, I think about how Sasshi almost became a new member if not for her age.

Anyway, COWCOW could struggle next week now that I think about it. I was thinking what the girls could possibly ask them. They haven't been around as long as the previoius guests obviously. And it always gets me that Tada's name is spelled the same as Rabutan's.

4. DreamingPebbles

DreamingPebbles Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uimashiro
    Twitter:
    dreamingpebbles

That was Okada Kanna crying. :cry:

5. .SK.

.SK. Kenkyuusei

^What? What happened? [speechless]

6. DreamingPebbles

DreamingPebbles Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uimashiro
    Twitter:
    dreamingpebbles

^ We don't know yet. It was during the preview for the next episode, so we'll have to wait to see what happens. They probably tried to make her do something she didn't want to, like what happened to Mio.

EDIT: BTW, since the videos posted by Asheron have been made private, user hktton has posted the videos to his/her channel as well.

7. Smilodon

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka

I really want Kojipa to join Mecha-Ike once she graduates from AKB. (Hell, she could join even now). Okamura and Yabe like her a lot and so do the staff there, it could totally work out.

Yeah, CowCow are pretty textbook comedians and so to deal with girls they're definitely going to relying a lot on the gags. Despite being the same generation as London Boots they haven't hit it big until quite recently. Tada (I always get his name messed up with Rabutan's too) is a gag machine so I think we'll see some funny things as well.

8. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama

guys, i appreciate your comments about the show, but can you explain the hard vocabulary?

Tsukkomi, bokke, manzai? People who might pass by at this thread might not follow the conversation properly.

PS : the way yuka is poking Okubo...i really feel like it was scripted, somehow. They way they placed her here to get screentime. The way they put her here and the same moment she got more interaction with the guest.

I really want them to be more spontaneous, and improve their punchline.

The old akbingo! and the first generation members reaction were not scripted at all.(they didn't have scenarist to pay that time lol)

9. xxxiang

xxxiang Kenkyuusei

In the latest episode Sakura said her mother was 35. Gave birth to her when she was 20 [shock]

10. Mayuyusuki

Mayuyusuki Member

NyanNyan would be a great addition. They already have a few idols which makes Mechaike's ensemble so great (they're not just a bunch of geinin though there are a few too many members in total). I think Kitarie would be good too. Do we have a Mechaike thread on this forum cuz I'd love to go on :^^;:

Wikipedia does a better job ef explaining than I can: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manzai

11. Smilodon

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka

On London Hearts they did this thing were they tried to find replacements for semi-regulars Isoyama Sayaka and Kumada Ryoko. (The latter taking maternity leave). I could totally see Kojipa replace Sarina and Hinagata Akiko if they ever wanted to leave. They're funny but seeing Kojipa work with Ninety-Nine and Kato Koji and co. would be hilarious on a weekly basis. Kojipa just does so well on variety shows I could totally see her appear on Mecha-Ike when she graduates. I would be very okay with her appearing on all the test SP's and whatnot. Kitarie would definitely be capable as well. She kinda reminds of Mitsura in a way :D

12. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

I have to be honest, the 4th episode of this bored me to tears and I skipped most of it. The shower jokes made me cringe especially coming from a girl that young lol. The guest wasn't particularly interesting and they talked about girly things and 'girl chat' almost the entire time. This was also the worst Nogizaka episode so far I think. I hope both of them pull the quality back up next time.

13. Taker

Taker Kenkyuusei

I don't see too much issue with that considering that this show is still a late night show and it's not like Japanese don't have any dirty jokes on prime time shows. (Looking at you, London Hearts.) I mean Ariyoshi isn't exactly a saint with his style and Ariyoshi AKB reflects that (ChinChin Densha anyone?) and image-wise Nemouse TV's Ogi of Ogiyahagi is as bad as you get image-wise and his usual style are no less dirty than Ookubo.

The point is she is hot right now and that really continues the theme of having top class, well-known talents as guest which is pretty rare for a late night show like this. So far it's much better that NMB's Black Millions, that show despite have top comedic talents as guests and MC, isn't making the best use of those talents.

Personally agree with you and I think this is the best episode by far on many levels. It's on pure talk power and Ookubo did a great job throwing and catching the balls with members. From a lot of angle, this is also a very good educational episode for girls, much more useful than the first two.

Besides the shower thing was out of blue from Haruppi, Ookubo is not the neta/gag type of comedian and you ask her to show one, which is kind of out of nowhere, even Sasshi mentioned that she never seen one. It's more impressive she just pulled something out. That actually remind me of Takamina showing the "edited voice" gag to HKT member in the make-of DVD of HaKaTa Hyakkaten and then Tani made full use of it in S2.

Devi-fujin episode was fun but doesn't get away from the usual awing of the top class lifestyle and the glory days of Devi-fujin and frankly if it wasn't for Sasshi, that episode would be pretty unwatchable as Debi-fujin is really only useful with a strong comedian around her to point out her lack of common sense... (or when the show is doing high-class lifestyle coverage)

But it ends up as a pretty good episode with Sasshi's tsukkomi, and this episode basically let Oobuko taking over Sasshi's role last week and the result is that HKT is now tied with 2 consecutive wins.

Anyway, Japanese is pretty open with dirty jokes, anyone remember Razor Ramon HG (Hard Gay). The dude was pretty freakin' popular among kids (and I mean kids under 10) and his gag is as improper as you can get or Kojima Yoshio who only wears a bullet briefs? Not to mention both Sanmon and Tamori are also known for their dirty jokes and made their name into the Big Three of Japanese comedian through those.:awesome: :lol:

On side note, I still haven't seen an OP/ED as lewd as Tamori's Tamori Club and it's being on air for 30 years and still going and is on an earlier timeslot (midnight) than this show (Warning, do not watch if you have issue with bikini):

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El1nhIqTJYU&hd=1[/yt]

14. Smilodon

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka

London Hearts isn't exclusively golden time, it fluctuates from time to time (but it is predominantly golden) but they're adults and Ariyoshi also mainly deals with more adult members as well. I'm all for making girls do weird things, I just feel it's a bit forced for younger members to take on what they do (Especially when they don't have the comedic group image.) Ogi barely does anything on Nemosu. It's more Umasuki (or Bachi Bachi Elekiteru or whatever it's called now) that he does more of his inappropriate things (and it's just with Kojiharu). Godtongue he falls behind to Gekidan Hitori and on the all the Tunnels programs he turns into the resident butt monkey (which is frankly awesome). OgiYahagi's radio show is where it all comes out though.

Yoshio's gags themselves weren't inappropriate and just catchy. HG was more of a caricature and parody more than anything whereas Ookubo is definitely closer to real life which definitely puts her dirty jokes on a different level. Not that it's bad. But there's a big reason why Ookubo appeals to adults whereas Yoshio and HG/RG appeal to kids.

And like I said, Ookubo is a great talker which is why the shower gag was funny. She's terrible at monomane and everything else that's not talking. Mitsuura was more popular than her for over a decade for a good reason. Still, I do agree that it was the best episode however. I think the show runs better with someone who is more talented at variety than Sashi is (not that Sashi is terrible by any stretch), but there was a noticeable difference in how the show went.

15. Taker

Taker Kenkyuusei

Not that I disagree, but I think HKT already has a label of being the variety group of 48 family from what I see around the fandom, but to each their own.

London Heart, as far as I know is a golden time show (7-11PM slots)for a long time now, unless you are counting it's early incarnations, but that make little sense since plenty of long running golden time show started as late night to begin with. I don't know how you can say the time fluctuates when London Hearts has same 9-10PM slot since 2001 and only deviates if there is a SP (which could last past midnight) or was delayed due to sporting events (which every shows will be impacted in those cases)

As for other comedians, while they kept in check, there are still time they let the character goes through, even Ogi in Nemouse.

I do agree with your assessment mostly, but to take Yoshio and HG for example, while I liked them both, I just have more issue with a man dress in briefs and was popularized by kid or a SM character whose' gag is driving his pelvis in forward motion than a woman saying dirty jokes or gig. If you have to compare whether it was appropriate or not.

To put even more blatantly, HKT had already done "chin-chin densha" in Ariyoshi AKB, and I loved it, so a little mock shower by comparison really isn't an issue for me...

Personally I think they try to give Akiyoshi a chance and hoping for an similar effect like Mio, either cries her way out or surprisingly pull the gag off then cry but Akiyoshi didn't pull it off and just kind of leave it half-assed. Though Sasshi did a good job and save the scene by quickly going to her safety blanket in Lovetan... :^^;:

16. Smilodon

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka

I wouldn't put it above NMB in terms of the amount of variety that they do since we don't know what they'll do once HKT's general push as the new group ends but I definitely feel like HKT is going for the young, loli image and their variety end is basically supported by Sashi herself (and Sheegs, Chori, Natsumin, Tani to a certain extent). There's inevitable overlaps in the image of groups but I do think it's good for them to create their own, unique image.

My mistake on the LH golden time thing. I assumed 11 wouldn't be Golden, but I guess by that time span LH would always be golden versus Ame-Talk, it's sister program, which does both variety and late night.

They're definitely going to put the younger girls through what Mio is currently doing, since they're basically only able to do it now because when they get older to around...Chori's age then they won't be able to act the same way. Akiyoshi had little moments of her own that didn't require gags (like poking Ookubo) so she definitely had good moments.

17. Taker

Taker Kenkyuusei

Well LH's starts on 9:00PM so it really doesn't matter if some SP lasts last mid-night, Even on a few night they got delayed by other events they still airs before 11PM so it's still golden, but like I say, those situations are the same for all shows, if that make LH not Golden Slot show, then neither are M-Stat, SmapxSmap, Mechaike and the likes.

Back to HKT and NMB,

I don't know about that, I personally still think NMB are just OK, better than AKB or SKE's next gen right now as whole in variety sure, but HKT? I'll agree that NMB are more adept to doing variety "set spots" and gags, but other than that I think at this moment HKT+Sasshi is more interesting than them and I personally think HKT have more members with higher ceiling than NMB have. Even without Sasshi, I still think HKT is close if not on par with NMB as a whole on variety ability.

The issue being that NMB (and SKE to some extent) don't have shows like HKT do that just lets them try out stuff on their own. Both Magical Radio and Genin are set pieces with obvious set script (I mean actual script not variety script) SKE can hold their own due to experiences (and they at least had S-jo), but with NMB it become obvious when they are showing up in shows individually, I mean even Sayanee and Milky seems to be intimidated when they are not in their own shows even right now.

That said, I don't mean that NMB don't have members that can't thrive in them (Ripopo, Ogasawara, and Nana to some extend) but as a whole, HKT members just seem more comfortable in talking and trying to crab spotlight then NMB do as a whole.

But like I said, that is difference in opinion.

Though I will say that SKE right not doesn't seem to have anyone past their already established top member (whom are prone to graduate just like AKB's) While AKB themselves seem to have a few gems in their next gen (like Riichan,Yui and Annin) but as a whole is also lacking, though their KKS crop seem to have a few promising members. I'm looking forward of seeing next weeks' KKS Radio segment from Ariyoshi with the Three Musketeer.

18. Asheron

Asheron Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    asheron02

HKT48 Tonkotsu Mahou Shoujo Gakuin #05 2013-07-30

This week's guest: COWCOW

Youtube
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s22X59fQN-s[/yt]
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKJMHk_SAYU[/yt]
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko3JCjf76MA[/yt]
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqIUt5KShcI[/yt]
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XyDsPbvInA[/yt]
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic6kbbjwPmA[/yt]
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4z1g4eM9s0[/yt]
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awiVR1Vj70w[/yt]
    Youku
    [youku]http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTg5NjYzMTU2.html[/youku]

19. Smilodon

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka

Calling it right now, HKT is gonna take the cake next week. They've brought in Tsuchida to help salvage Sashi's MC. Tsuchida's talent is superb and he's great with kids.

20. Taker

Taker Kenkyuusei

I don't agree with that. Sasshi' MC was fine, probably the most consistant part of the show so far. Personally I thought that Sasshi was the only reason EP3 was great and won that week. Could she improve? Sure, especially if you comparing her to Golden time MCd. Personally the biggest reason I see is that that guest so far are too high in hierarchy for her to handle right now, especially in EP1, not to mention she make it an open fact that she wants to join Ryubikai gathering. And while Croket was decent in EP2, the problem with that issue is that the member can't do shit in the facial part other than Chori and Moriyasu.

Episode 3 was all Sasshi, Episode 4 she did pretty nicely going directing memeber conversation with Ookubo, which is MC' primary job. She just wasn't able to save the spots in episode 1 and 2 when the member fails. As I said, Episode one was partially her fault, but in episode 2, she did her best the members are just not responding. I mean when she does her face and can't get other members to open up and try harder, there is really nothing more you can do.

Personally, the most disappointing for me is Murashige. The timing of her meitaiko still hasn't improve and she still can find the right timing for her antics. With the way things go, the gap between her and Chori/Tani would only get bigger and I would even argue that Boss right now is funnier than her on TV and there are a slew of other members who is getting more effective on shows than her right now... [think]