TV / Radio [TV] - [HKT48 Tonkotsu Mahou Shoujo Gakuin] 13/07/02~13/09/17

Discussion in 'HKT48 News & Releases' started by Asheron, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Smilodon

Smilodon Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    Re: [TV] - [HKT48 Tonkotsu Mahou Shoujo Gakuin] 13/07/02~

Oh no, I don't think Sashi's MC is bad anyway. I think it's great and whatnot. I just think it'll get way better with Tsuchida helping her out. I haven't watched the newest episode yet but I'll give my thoughts on it later and the points you brought up later.

2. Taker

Taker Kenkyuusei

In that case, definitely, it'll also be a reunion of sort since Sashiko no Kuseni... :lol:

But got to say, Ohta is doing everything they can with guests. It's Yoshimoto with NMB. Which only made me more pissed about how Kyoraku treats SKE once they start to need some financial backup... [flip]

3. Smilodon

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka

So now that I finally watched the episode I can finally give my two cents on the episode.

The show did fall into the concern I brought up last week with CowCow stealing the show for which most of the part it did, not that it's any fault of the girls itself but CowCow are a talented duo and the show definitely tried to capitalize on the Atarimae Taiso. Thinking about it now, the Atarimae Taiso is such a fascinating and ingenious gag in that it's constantly evolving and has such a wide range of appeal. So while CowCow definitely lead the way this week, the show did well in keeping the girls involved in a show that is meant to feature a guest. I'm also surprised that they did more with Tada and Yoshi regarding their gags since Tada is a gag machine and has an R-1 under his belt.

The girls doing their own rendition of the Atarimae Taiso was great and Akiyoshi once again asked a great question. Tada and Yoshi giving constructive criticism to Sheegs was superb as well. Tada and Yoshi are really kind, and really helped fit the show.

The last game part definitely had some strong Geinin influences but I felt it like tried to make the girls boke' without having a tsukommi and without telling the girls that they had to say something funny. Props to Chori for saying something good considering how she isn't as good at improvising as Tani is. It's definitely interesting how the producers decided to suddenly switch gears into a more active mode of participation. Not that it's bad since it gets the girls active since some were suffering terribly in the large hinadan format but it'll be interesting if the show goes more Geinin and less Hyakkaten. But for that to happen Sashi's going to have to become a tsukommi or everything will fall flat as most did today. Tada and Yoshi were really nice to them so it sort scooted by well but the whole game portion felt really middle of the road. It wasn't Geinin nor was it HKT so it was a bit weird. Next week it looks they did a survey so they probably won't do it, which is good.

An overall great episode. I hope the show will to continue to create it's own unique image instead of hopefully not trying to replicate other shows. The show played to its strengths well today.

Regarding Taker's comments with Sheegs, she needs a Gotou. Or a Kosugi. Or a Taka. Hell, give her NonStyle's Ishida Akira! She needs a legitimate tsukommi to play off her gui gui-ness. I do agree how it's the same "Hey, I'm Murashige Anna, the -insert adjective- in HKT. Let me show you my mentaiko!" and the timing is always off. But her sense as a boke isn't quite there yet either, as Tada pointed out. What she does is incomplete.

Ohta Pro has always treated Sashi well. Sashi will no doubt join the Ryuheikai soon enough. But they've thrown the best of Ohta Pro at Sashi in Ariyoshi, Tsuchida and Gekidan Hitori, so she is definitely blessed to be with them. The Sashiko no Kuseni reunion is something I'm avidly looking forward to. Sashiko no Kuseni is probably one of the best shows we've gotten in the last 3 years. Tsuchida is a superb talker way better than Ookubo and with the home survey we saw in the preview, it'll surely be good.

4. Taker

Taker Kenkyuusei

Yeah, Aanya's timing is just not there, and her style needs a tsukkomi to play off her, when Sasshi is around, she can fill the role, but she can't keep doing that when she is MC and outside of her Natsumikan and Wakachan seems the closest, but both of them have yet to raise their popularity to match her. Sakura is opposite, she really isn't that funny, but her timing is great whichs helps to make her so-so response and reaction much better.

BTW, Taka is a boke isn't he? but either way he could also be helpful since his style is basically what Murashige is trying to be and could show her out to do everything correctly and the timing, either him Yamazaki, or Fujimon these three are what I consider to be the top for that style of boke.

Agree with Ohta and Sashiko no Kuseni , that show was pretty awesome while it lasted, definitely one of the best shows AKB had.

Speaking of Ohta, who else would they possibly throw out next and won't seem to be too out of place and level? They really don't have much in term of manzei combo, and the solo-comedian left seem to be too high of level or too old fashioned for this show like Yamada or Shofukutei. I would love to see Ariyoshi in this show, but he might be way too high profile right now and too busy, maybe Yanagihara Kanako? She would be a fun guest.

5. Smilodon

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka

I would advocate for a stronger tsukommi than Sashi for her. But yeah, she needs someone like Sashi in order to complete her comedic approach. The older Sheegs gets the harder it's going to be to get away with these kinds of things, so she is going to have to improve her talking skills if she wants to continue with what she likes.

I just loved Sashiko no Kuseni and Tsuchida's brand of comedy just fits perfectly with Sashi. He's calm, collected and is the ideal of a non-Kansai Yoshimoto-trained comedian. Yeah, it's definitely hard to pair up Sashi with one of their big guns for an extended period of time, but as a guest I could definitely see Ariyoshi show up. I mean, Yoshimoto managed to reel in Sanma for NMB so I could see Ariyoshi appearing on the show. Yanagihara would be a possibility but I haven't seen her in much recently (then again I know she does work with TakaToshi and I don't watch any of their shows). Gekidan Hitori is also probably on the radar as well. They seem to be fine with bringing in Yoshimoto people so I could see people like Peace maybe appear. NonStyle as well. NobuKobu, Chidori, the whole Pikaru no Teiri group. But I would like to see more non-comedians as well. It might not be too good to rely on them too much since it usually leads to imitations of said comedians or gags. I could see a model or someone like Gushi Ken appearing on the program. Noro Kayo is also having a little break right now so she could be there too.

6. Taker

Taker Kenkyuusei

I agree, I was just saying that right now Sasshi is the best HKT have atm and she can't do anymore than she already had with her MC role. Natsumikan and Wakachan can help but I think the biggest issue right now is that HKT have to many boke and not enough tsukkomi. I thought Natsu and Madoka can develop as tsukkomi but Natsu is still mostly quiet on shows while Madoka is leaning toward boke as well.. :^^;:

7. Mayuyusuki

Mayuyusuki Member

Wow, 8 1/2 minutes into the show is a new record for Murashige. I'm so used to her butting in at the beginning of the show. It appears COWCOW may have made Murashige's mentaiko gag actually work.

I think Wakatabe can be a tsukkomi. I can't believe she's still only 14, she looks like she's got a level head on her shoulders. Wouldn't mind seeing her become HKT's next center since they change with the seasons.

I don't think this show is trying to book primarily Ohta Pro talent. Obviously there's a little favortism when you can book a fellow agency talent, but the well can run dry very quickly for Ohta Pro if we're talking about the comedians. Seeing as how they booked Devi Fuji (or whatever her name was), they're obviously not pigeon-holing themselves with comedians. I suppose they could book Gushi Ken-san, but Sasshi isn't nearly that good of an MC to handle him :^^;:

8. Taker

Taker Kenkyuusei

I'm not saying that the show it trying targeting Ohta talent, but if you follow Sasshi (or NMB) you'll see that the agency helps out a lot in making their talents available. It's not just AKB, it's always being that way for Japanese entertainment business.

Not to mention the production crew is familiar with both Ohta Pro and Yoshimoto. Ohta Pro could run out, Yoshimoto still got truck-load of talents. But either way, the level of the quests so far are unusually high for a late night idol show. It almost make Gachi Gase and Naruhodo High's production crew looks lame in terms of their booking... :^^;:

9. Smilodon

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka

I think it'd be good to get a variety of people to star on their show. I don't think it'd be too good to let HKT get too tangled up in being boke's and tsukommi's. When Mio asked for a gag today I thought, "Mio's so adorable, she doesn't need a gag to stand out or anything!" Of course, it does make you stand out but you already have Chori and Sheegs so..

I think at this current stage the girls themselves are focused on not getting edited out so they're gonna try and do something funny in order to make an impact, which might lead to making funny faces or doing something funny. I think Rabutan might be the closest to being an actual tsukommi. But I would love to see Moriyasu and Wakaharu talk more. Both could create and interesting dynamic in the group. I'm definitely interested in how Natsu is too, I think she could become a lot like Rabutan.

10. upsidown

upsidown Kenkyuusei

Aaawwww...Okada Kanna just totally stole my heart in the new episode. Can't believe I haven't noticed her before. She just jumped into my number 3 spot behind Madoka and The Boss. And I will certainly be paying more attention to her going forward. :inlove:

11. goh1925

goh1925 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayui01

I watch the show live, so it's kinda frustrated for me that HKT48 loses most of the time.

On the other hand, Nogibingo have the upper hand since HKT's show isn't that interesting in nature.
    If you compare the number of serious exchange in their show then HKT is significantly higher.
    Nogibingo churns out Muchaburi Dodgeball this week, and I guess I'll have to wait longer for this show next week again.
    Sigh....

Anyway, I feels like the little skit they did at the start of the show didn't really add much value.
    Not sure if they are trying to be funny.....

12. Sayanara231

Sayanara231 Kenkyuusei

I love those little skits, I'd totally watch a show with just stuff like that. but my humor is weird so yea :D

13. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz

Agree, I could watch an entire 1/2 hour of the magical girls causing mischief with their wands. It worked for Kojima Haruna and her Megu-tan chara.

14. Taker

Taker Kenkyuusei

Same here, the skit are awesome, but I agree that HKT are at disadvantage to begin with the format if their show that actually require some comedy skill to make it interesting.

What I wondering is are there any rewards for team that won. If there isn't, the the win/loss and ait time really don't matter and I rather have Tonkotsu since I believe this show does hell lot more for girls' growth than typical idol shows with Idolling!!!, AKBingo format.

15. Smilodon

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka

I feel like for anyone who has actually seen AKBINGO or watched it in real time, something like NogiBingo isn't really fun or refreshing. Most of these judges probably have never seen AKBINGO or watched it in real time like we all did so it's probably really cool for them whilst something like Tonkotsu isn't as appealing.

16. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah

Well NogiBingo is actually AKBingo but the girls are from Nogi so it's still up to them if they will do good or not for the week. I don't know about HKT but some girls are trying hard and it hurts to see that. I guess it's a bad mix or the girls aren't really into it. Natsu and Madoka can be a tsukkomi but are leaning to boke. Sheegs and Chori are kinda the same style but they need some help too. Maybe it's the talking skills. I don't know, just saying that they need improvement as a whole.

17. DreamingPebbles

DreamingPebbles Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uimashiro
    Twitter:
    dreamingpebbles

Who the hell is "Sheegs"?

18. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Murashige = Sheegs

19. Smilodon

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka

But I feel like for most of us it's the same things we've seen before. We've all seen Muchaburi Dodgeball or the slide games and whatnot (for years), so when something like NogiBingo comes around, even with the newer girls, it's not really anything new or fresh. It's just the same old games with just newer faces. Of course, some people might enjoy it, and that's totally fine, but that's just my analysis of it.

I just prefer Tonkotsu more since it's actually new.

20. Taker

Taker Kenkyuusei

I agree, and while I not saying that AKBingo type show doesn't require skill or work but those idol-style show are conceptually easier to work with and require less to get laugh. Don't really want to use the term, but they are "cheap laugh." Put it this way, it'll actually take a genius to make a cream pie to a face or other punishment games "not funny". I mean even Muto was funny in that lizard thing beck in the Dodgeball a few month ago... :XD:

I mean there is a reason the real AKBingo is also throwing out old segments again (under the guise of name succession), because the the new segments requires more seasoning to make them work and the new grips are not at that level to handle them yet.

If Bingo format is to ease you into variety and gaining confident in variety, Tonkatau is throwing you into fire and let's you learn yourselves by seeing how guests handles different situation, and so far with this guest line-up, I personally like latter format a hell lot better. I mean these are all prime time/golden time-level talents, it's not like they are using Bad Boys or has-been as guests.