TV / Radio [TV] - [Shukan AKB] '09/07/10~

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by makistar, Jul 2, 2009.

1. deidaranaruto

deidaranaruto Kenkyuusei

Re: [TV] - [Shukan AKB] - 2009/07/10 -

^
    thank you Jigoku125... finally, i get on youtube...
    now, i'm watching shukan...

2. haikara2308

haikara2308 Kenkyuusei

After watching the ep, I'm amazed that Kojiharu didn't score that low, she came in like 12th place. A bit shocked that Maeda Atsuko got lower than her.

3. Jigoku125

Jigoku125 Kenkyuusei

Maimai vs. Kana? Who is dumber? I know that Maimai is bad with maths but I don't really know much about Kana. I'm betting on Kana though.

4. rich8606

rich8606 Kenkyuusei

I'm more shocked that Itano scored so high, it's pretty rare to see the designated cute girl of the group thats not dumb.

5. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Perhaps appearances ARE deceiving...:fear:

6. extomomi

extomomi Kenkyuusei

Wow...
    My favorite girls (tomomi + erena) are in the bottom 3 [shock]
    and....and...i have the same birthday with Kana...who eventually should be the dumbest one

what a coincidence [sweat] [think] [think]

7. gideon123

Fair warning to you all – this one’s going to be super weak sauce…

Overview:

This time around, the girls will be taking a test to determine who’s the dummy of the group. Unlike the previous episodes, there are no MC’s for the day; Speed Wagon runs the show.

A week prior to the show, Speed Wagon visits AKB48 at one of the backrooms during the filming of some program, and tells the girls about the test. They all go through some practice questions, before Speed Wagon gives the girls packets of information. The girls have a week to study before taking the test. A lot of the girls are pretty confident since they’re already students and are accustomed to studying for tests. The test then day arrives, and the girls go at it.

The test is divided into three sections – Japanese Language, Social Studies, and a combination of Math, Science, and English.

The Japanese Language section consists of 20 questions adding up to 100 points; the girls have 20 minutes to answer. The questions include using words and idiomatic phrases in a sentence, filling in blanks to form a comprehensive paragraph, and writing down the pronunciation of kanji in hiragana.

The Social Studies section consists of 18 questions adding up to 100 points; the girls have 20 minutes to complete this section. The questions include drawing a map of Japan, and filling in blanks with historical tidbits.

The Math, Science, and English section consists of 20 questions adding up to 100 points; the girls have 20 minutes to answer. The question includes geometry, word problems, and a translation of an English sentence into Japanese.

At the end of the test, the group goes over the answers – both the correct and the amusing incorrect ones.

(And now here’s the where the super weak sauce bit comes in – I can’t translate the questions and answers. I can understand some stuff just from context, but sadly I don’t know enough Japanese to translate everything, nor do I have the time to do the research. Interestingly enough, the Math and Science questions weren’t reviewed – I’m guessing there wasn’t anything particularly amusing that could be derived from those sections.)

In the end, the ranking is as follows:

1.) Nakanishi Yuka with 290 points
    2.) Akimoto Sayaka with 280 points (tie)
    2.) Matsui Rena with 280 points (tie)
    4.) Sashihara Rino with 271 points
    5.) Kuwabara Mizuki with 270 points
    6.) Kithara Rie with 265 points
    7. Hirata Rikako with 255 points
    8.) Oshima Yuko with 250 points
    9.) Itano Tomomi with 230 points
    10.) Miyazawa Sae with 221 points
    11.) Watanabe Mayu with 220 points
    12.) Kojima Haruna with 218 points
    13.) Nito Moeno with 205 points
    14.) Takahashi Minami with 202 points
    15.) Miyazaki Miho with 160 points
    16.) Maeda Atsuko with 135 points
    17.) Fujie Reina with 105 points
    18.) Ono Erena with 94 points
    19.) Kasai Tomomi with 80 points
    20.) Yagami Kumi with 65 points

Being that this is a Japanese idol show, there’s a punishment involved; and being that Yagami Kumi is at the bottom of the list, she has to eat the punishment – or rather three:

1.) Listening to Mozart
    2.) Drinking some bitter tea
    3.) Receiving a (painful) foot massage

Shuukan AKB News features information on AKB48’s 14th single with Under Girls’ and Theater Girls’ songs bundle in, the AKB musical, and the upcoming AKB performance at Webster Hall.

The preview for the next episode features Itano bungee jumping. (Whether or not other girls are bungee jumping has yet to be seen.)

Also, it turns out that Atsuko’s design was used for this episode’s logo – with it’s lovely correction.

And that’s that for the episode.

Show Highlights:

1.) Yuko :)
    2.) The girls chatting after the test like how a lot of people of people do
    3.) The entire answer review session
    4.) Sayaka’s sarcasm – “Oh, I thought I did really bad.”
    5.) Nakanishi’s exclamation – “Hey, Mom! You watching?”

Overall Opinion:

Yuko. :)

Setting aside my inability to translate everything…I’m not a fan of this episode. The last standardized test I ever took was the JLPT Level 3, and even that I hated. I had to study a boat load of information, only to be tested on a handful of material, and have a lot of the rest disappear. (The effect was far more pronounced with the stuff I studied for engineering.) And in the grand scheme of things, the grade and the associated certificates and degrees don’t mean much in the grand scheme of things – just the practical stuff that gets me through the day at work and through my daily routine in life. (And interestingly enough, I’m currently studying for the JLPT Level 2, though at this point I’m just using the test as a motivator to study.)

Anyway, I was able to relate to how apprehensive some of the girls were about the test, like Atsuko; how others were forgetting stuff despite studying so much for the test, like Itano; and how people huddled together to discuss what everyone did, which was everyone. (For the record, I avoided doing that like the plague - didn't need to know right then and there how stupid I was.) I give props to the girls that did well (and quite frankly if you look at the numbers a lot did). Bummer to the girls who did poorly; grades don’t matter in the grand scheme of things, though it does take a lot of psychological tuning to really see that.

But yeah…I look forward to the next episode. I never had the opportunity to bungee jump, but I’d love to give it a try eventually.

And of course…Yuko. :)

So that’s that ladies and gentlemen. I’m REALLY sorry for the obviously sub-par overview. I don’t know if this post helped at all; but if it did, that’s great.

Until next time (which I hope will be better than this), you guys take it easy. :)

8. Naomi

Naomi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

That's a punishment? :O

Thanks for the overview! :)

9. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki

They should have thrown in the college girls, Natsuki and Sakiko.

10. gideon123

That'd be interesting. I know I would've botched a standardized high school test if I went back to do one - and I GRADUATED from college.

:fear:

11. rich8606

rich8606 Kenkyuusei

Thx for the overview~

12. Walter

Walter Kenkyuusei

wow thx giddy nice overview :D now i understand this episode :D

13. stryder

stryder Kenkyuusei

Thanks for the overview gideon. [clap]

14. rich8606

rich8606 Kenkyuusei

I missed today's show. Some of the girls go bungee jumping this episode?

15. Criss

Criss Member

16. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka

Great episode really shows that some members have more courage then you would think.
    also
    Nito the youngest of the 4 completes the Bungee jump in the fastest time
    and i've been wondering
    Did it seem to anyone else, that the guide was a little more "handsy" when dealing with Kasai then all the others when prepping her up.

17. champloo26

champloo26 Kenkyuusei

yeah, great show

i loeved when Tomochin jumped and she seemed to like it, also a big awww to sasshi, she was pretty nervous

18. Ifurita

Ifurita Kenkyuusei

:D That was a fun episode. I'm still surprised any of them actually jumped! [clap] [clap] [clap] [sweat]

19. rich8606

rich8606 Kenkyuusei

episode was meh... But it's good to see Itano and Kasai doing something. Itano hasn't been featured for a long time.

20. Nizmo

Nizmo Kenkyuusei

Sassi- might have been the coward, but I like her even more so now because of that. She acts tough, but she's very fragile inside, what guy would not like that in a girl? <3