TV / Radio [TV] - [Shukan AKB] '09/07/10~

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by makistar, Jul 2, 2009.

1. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    Re: [TV] - [Shukan AKB] - 2009/07/10 -

Aww, she's a 'tsundere.' Now I wonder why she didn't get to lead that unit at Bukoudan.

2. Criss

Criss Member

3. suncsunc

suncsunc Kenkyuusei

4. sekaru

sekaru Kenkyuusei

Finally the end of the spicy challenge !
    It was really funny, I love the girls's expressions, especially for the third meal :D But I was quite disappointed by the two first meals (Yeah, I was expecting mouth in fire and stuff like that xD) I don't know many things about SKE48 but I thought they were very nice
    And Yuko at the end is [hehe]

^ And suncsunc :
    I'm not sure but I assume it's another test and this time the girls have the time to study it... Thus they could have their revenge with higher marks and help each other. But it's pure speculation, let's wait a wiser person !

5. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka

I don't think that was the end of the spicy challenge i'm pretty sure it was more of a bonus spicy chapter, conquering the top 3 spicy meals in Nagoya.
    hence the SKE team

6. sekaru

sekaru Kenkyuusei

^ Really ? It suits me if it's the case because it was quite disappointing :fear:
    Thank you mieniem !

7. rich8606

rich8606 Kenkyuusei

I think Shinoda is more of a tsundere than Sae. Sae is quite cheerful, I thought tsundere is supposed to be feared?

Anyway, this last two episodes were meh to me. I dunno.... I feel that AKBINGO, which airs after midnight ,has better segments than the prime-time show like Shukan.

8. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Yeah, I know I’m late on this one…

Overview:

The MC’s this time are Sayaka and Takada Shiori (with Speed Wagon as the guest hosts – again :p); and the focus is on four girls bungee jumping in Minakami, Gunma, Japan – Itano, Kasai, Sashihara, and Moeno.

(Actually the girls have no idea that they’re bungee jumping at first. They just know they’re doing some sort of challenge. At first, they talk big – “Oh, yeah, I got this” – until the walk along a bridge and spot the bungee jumping station in the distance along another bride. Then the girls are like – “Oh…crap…”)

The girls change out of their seifuku into some athletic clothes and head over to the bridge. There, they look over the edge and collective thing, “Sh*t, this is insane…” They all then figure out the order – Itano goes first followed by Kasai, Moeno, and finally Sashihara – and even promise to each take the leap.

Each of the girls take turns jumping while the other girls watch from down in the valley. Also, the girls are timed from when they board the platform to when they actually take the jump. (I’m guessing it’s a measure of how insane/brave the girl is with a shorter time indicating a greater degree of insanity/bravery.) Needless to say, each girl was nervous though to different degrees.

The times are as follows:

1.) Itano: 1 minute and 26 seconds
    2.) Kasai: 5 minutes and 32 seconds
    3.) Moeno: 1 minute and 10 seconds
    4.) Sashihara: Does not jump (she was actually crying pretty badly when she walked off of the platform)

In the end, Moeno wins with a time of 1 minute and 10 seconds. The girls that jumped explain how invincible they feel after jumping, while Sashihara explains how she’ll give take on the challenge the next time the opportunity arises.

They all talk some more about their feelings. That one dude from Speed Wagon was like, “Dude, your friends are cheering you on” (and ends up getting teased for sounding like the guy on the platform), and Sashihara’s like, “Yo, that guy on the platform was so nice, I kinda grew to like him.” :)-P) Nevertheless, she confirms that she’ll try the challenge once more.

There’s then a Shuukan AKB News segment with information on the Under Girls’ song “Kimi no Koto ga Daisuki Kara” which will be coupled in with AKB48’s upcoming single, “RIVER.” There’s information on Itano, Sae, and Fuji making an appearance at an event that’ll be broadcast on September 26. There’s also mention of Kashiwagi’s first solo PB.

A preview of the next episode features the finalization of the spicy food challenge. Also, this episode’s logo was drawn by Yuko.

And that’s that for the overview. B-)
    Show Highlights:

1.) Yuko! ^_^
    2.) Bungee jumping!
    3.) The girls totally shocked at first sight of the platform from the bridge
    4.) Sashihara utterly scared despite being tough at first
    5.) Yuko logo ^_^

Overall Opinion:

I saw Yuko. ^_^

The episode was really simple and straightforward – not many details to elaborate on. I’ve never bungee jumped before, but after watching this episode I’m really determined to try it out. The next episode will be interesting (though by now I’ve seen it already – wait a while for the overview on that).

To be quite honest, after the NYC weekend and watching the AKBingo! episode with Yuko’s room, I’ve been inclined to look at that little circle in the upper left-hand side of the screen that focuses on the girls’ reaction (and totally enjoy watching Yuko’s :)).

So yeah, yay to bungee jumping…and more Yuko. ^_^

So that’s that, ladies and gentlemen. Sorry for the usual – especially the lateness. AKB48 came to NYC, and well...you know what's up. I’m sure you guys knew what was going on in the episode by now, but 1.) it features bungee jumping, 2.) I need to keep my overview records up to date, and 3.) Yuko’s in the studio. Nevertheless, I hope the overview helped a bit.

Until next time (which’ll probably be soon anyway), y’all take it easy. B-)

9. chanchi \(^o^)/

chanchi \(^o^)/ Kenkyuusei

Aaaaww.... youtube links were removed.... :fp: :fp:

10. rich8606

rich8606 Kenkyuusei

Thx again giddy. And the topless girl in your sig, is that Yuko?!?

11. Naomi

Naomi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Yup. :hehe:

Thank you, gideon! :)

12. Walter

Walter Kenkyuusei

very nice episode ! they are courageous ! probably more than other people :D

13. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Okay, HOPEFULLY I’m back on schedule with this one…

Overview:

We continue the spicy food battle with Matsui Rena (the new team leader), Nakanashi Yuka, Takada Shiori, and Kuwabara Mizuki (all incidentally from SKE48). The MCs this time around are Sae and Rena, while the (permanent?) guest MC is Speed Wagon.

(Side note: Sae points out how that Speed Wagon dude likes songs by AKB48, and ends up getting him to sing a bit of “Aitakatta” – much to his embarrassment.)

The four girls “square off” against spicy dishes in Nagoya for the top 3 spicy dishes on the list. At No. 3 is “Gekikara Akakaranabe” packed with loads of red spices. Rena handles this dish pretty well while the other girls pretty much get pummeled (and rice is added to the pot so the girls can eat the excess broth lingering at the bottom of the pot). The girls then end up relying on Rena to finish the dish, though she does struggle at the end because she’s so full. (Even cries a bit b/c of that.) The team collectively clears the pot of spicy food in 44 minutes and 18 seconds.

Next, the girls then take on the No. 2 dish – “Tebasaki no Akumani” which is treated to a 4-hour cooking period with a sack full of spices. There’s some concern here since Matsui doesn’t like meat (and she’s the ace spicy food eater), so the girls pump themselves up to take on the burden. However, the food turns out to be pretty easy to handle – as evident by the quick completion team of 5 minutes and

Marching along (with a song, no less), the girls head over to the next spot to tackle on the last dish – at No. 1, “Pikaichi Ramen Special” which is prepared with 5 different super spices. The lady at the shop tells the girls how badass of a dish it is (so much that it can mess them up for their performance the next day), but the girls insist on it. The lady returns with the dish, and the girls go at it. This dish turns out to be a challenge for all the girls, especially when all that’s left is the broth which the girls have to drink. The four succeed (while in the process singing “Tsuyokimono Yo” to push the last girl) with a time of 38 minutes and 42 seconds, and finish off with a chant: “One – we won’t forget this feeling of gratitude! Two – with all our might! Three – we’ll smile and give off our energy! SKE! 48! Nagoya no (something-something) Spicy Food Club!” (Sorry I couldn’t get that last bit.)

The girls then take about there experience in the studio (with Kuwabara explaining how she feels pumped after watching herself try her best with the spicy food), and Matsui points out how Yuko’s part of the Spicy Food Club, too (though she points out she’s on “hiatus” :p).

Afterwards, the girls introduce the final dish to the others in the studio. Some of the girls featured include Yuko and Kasai (who’re both pwn’ed by the food) as well as Mariko (who’s pretty cool about food – Speed Wagon even jokes about how she’s the new leader of the Spicy Food Club).

We’re then treated to some Shuukan AKB News (information on “River”) as well as a preview of the next episode (more of the in-class quizzes). Moreover, it’s revealed that the logo for this episode was designed by Mayu.

And that’s that for the overview. B-)

Show Highlights:

1.) Yuko! ^_^
    2.) Food (even if it IS spicy…)
    3.) Matsui’s tongue and stomach of brick
    4.) The girls….well, winning
    5.) Girls freaking out over the food (except Mariko, of course B-))

Overall Opinion:

Yuko! ^_^

Okay, this show was all right. I’m not a super huge fan of spicy food, but I’ll roll with it since it’s food nonetheless. Like before, I’ve been looking at the upper left-hand corner of screen to see the girls’ reactions to the food – and noticed how there were times when I was making the SAME EXACT face as Yuko was in response to the food. (Weird, eh?)

But yeah, I’m looking forward to the next episode (though I am sure I’ll be pwn’ed by it in terms of writing an overview).

And of course…go, Yuko! ^_^

And that’s that, ladies and gentlemen. Sorry for the usual – especially the brevity of it all this time around. Right now, I’m REALLY tired, and quite frankly…this episode’s pretty easy to pick up by context clues alone. Nevertheless, I hope this post helps even the slightest bit.

Until next time, ya’ll take it easy. B-)

14. Criss

Criss Member

15. Miitan

Miitan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori

This week's Shukan was really good, in spite of my weak Japanese.

I really felt for the girls who were actually trying to do better. My fondness for Kuumin is even stronger now. It think getting the professional tutoring really helped her a lot. Kasai.... did you even try? I'm glad she had to get a taste of the batsu game at least.

16. ce1cius

ce1cius Kenkyuusei

17. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka

Miitan don't be so hard on Kasai, i'm pretty sure that she took the test just after when she recovered from the Influenza.

18. rich8606

rich8606 Kenkyuusei

Uhmmm... Mariko being a bimbo kinda turns me off. Weird though... I have no problem with Acchan and Kasai. Maybe because they're younger and had to drop out of school to join AKB, while Mariko joined much later and I assumed she finished high school.

19. churrochi

churrochi Kenkyuusei

Was the exam they took balanced for their age ranges? I think it's more acceptable for Erena to do poorly than Mariko, for example....But either way, this episode topic is really interesting, because I was wondering how smart the girls were recently. :fear: Not saying that they're not, though!

20. ce1cius

ce1cius Kenkyuusei