Yamaguchi Maho (Mahohon) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'NGT48 Graduated Members' started by nobodywil, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Today's cozy Showroom.
    The plan was to do a Q&A corner centered on MahoRiko's relationship, but as you see soon things went pretty much in all directions. (*´Д`)
    Some new things we have learned today:
    The song that Maho wants to perform with Riko the most is Oshibe to Meshibe. Since Riko doesn't know what it's like, Maho has to show Riko a video of it for the first time ever. Cue Riko's reaction after Maho explains that she wants Riko to play the oneesan role.
    The place where Maho wants to go together with Riko is the South Pole, then they'll go ride a polar bear. Alternatively, going to a sakuranbo field to pick cherries with Riko would be just as great, of course.
    Maho's dream for the future is to marry Riko. To which Riko promptly disagrees: "let's just remain friends".

if the video does not show watch the video here

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
  2. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    On more important news, time has come for some gravure photoshoots.
    Today Maho told on Photolog that she'll appear on the next issue of Girls, which will be out on 03/10. It's going to be a NyanMaho gravure, and I can't hide the fact I'm glad that Miyajima is finally getting some jobs together with Maho since, as a close friend, she really looks up to her. Anyway, here's a preview.
    Also, she's going to appear on the opening gravure of Young Jump as well, due out this April. According to what she said on SR, it will be a whopping 7 pages of solo shots, even. Please appreciate these previews, but not too much~
    Today's SR.
    Just taking some time off to unwind after she finished shooting the YJ gravure earlier today. She actually seemed pretty moved that she has been selected for these jobs. Don't ask Maho to do gravure with Riko, though, she'll defend her with all her might~

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
  3. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Today's Showroom.

Just returned from Tookamachi's Yuki Matsuri (here and here for some Twitter reports by the official NGT account).
    Apparently the weather was a bit too cold even for the rugged Aomori vikings, who feel that 2~4°C is "getting warm" (yep) and scoff at Tokyoites for calling 5cm of snow a "record snowfall" (yep). Then again, I can't fault Maho at all, seeing that they had to perform in such an enviroment wearing their regular NGT outfits while also minding the slippery snow. (-ω-)
    Here's some nice Maho-centered photos that fans have taken at the event.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Also, here's the cute "Yukidarumahohon" photo that Tsugumin posted on Photolog yesterday, which Maho mentioned during the same stream. It's indeed too cute to pass it up. (*'з'*)
    "During the rehearsals, Maho, who dislikes cold a little bit, became like this. (laughs)

Snowman Mahohon"

On another note, it looks like Maho caught wind of the rumors surrounding NGT's debut song. Namely, everyone is saying it will contain a rap segment, but she replied that, no, it actually has nothing reminiscent of rap.
    信じるか信じないかはあなた次第.

4. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    It looks like Maho spent some fun time at Kojiharu's 22 Market today. Couldn't have expected anything different, knowing she's one of the members Maho admires the most (Mayuyu still being her kamioshi, of course ;)).
    Some posts she uploaded on Photolog to commemorate the event:

"22;market.
    I managed to get this after waiting in line for 2 and a half hours.
    I drank a health supplement drink and came fully prepared for it, but of course I felt dizzy because of my anemia. Thankfully Kojima Haruna's female fans helped me out..."

"The Harajuku station became a feast for my eyes.
    Gorgeous... I like her so much..."

"The kind of otaku who wears it immediately.
    It's really a stylish design! So cute!"

[Unfortunately I didn't manage to fetch the full version of the first post in time before it was archived, and I don't have the privileges to read Photolog's archives on the official site. I'm a terrible fan, I know. (-ε-) I would be really glad if someone could post the whole thing.
    At any rate, since the topic popped up, I feel like adding that this not the first time she mentioned her health condition. In one of her earliest SR she even told fans not to worry if they see her crouching behind the table at the HS event, and she talked about it from time to time ever since, both on SR and during MCs.
    Despite all her reassurances, the fact that she feels dizzy just by standing up for a long time still sounds serious enough to me... (´・ω・`)]

↓ Thank you, @Humbucker

Last edited: May 10, 2018
  5. Humbucker

Humbucker Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Sashihara Rino
    ^ They usually post the photolog messages at her recent threds (【NGT48】山口真帆 応援スレ) on 2ch: http://find.2ch.net/search?q=山口真帆
    You can try to search there. ;)
    Anyway, here's the missing post (Post 371 from http://hayabusa6.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ngt/1482382681):

山口 真帆

#こじまつり
    22;market
    2時間半並んでGetできました❤

エネルギードリンクを飲んで、万全装備の元だったのですが、やはり貧血でクラっときてしまい、小嶋陽菜さんファンの女の子が助けてくれましたありがとうございます。

本当に可愛い!幸せ!

Note: If you also want the emoticons, open the link on Firefox. It won't appear with Chrome.

6. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Today's Showroom, in which Maho retells her experience at the 22 Market and Kojimatsuri, and proudly shows off more of her purchases.
    Between Cinnamon's lottery and Kojiharu's market, this month has surely been a drain on Maho's disposable money, but Kojiharu is more important than food so yeah...

(Note: the date on the title don't match, but it's from this same day)

Speaking of which, it's the aftermath of Kojimatsuri and it turns out Maho's pleas were heard at last. She and Gatanee (who's another huge fan of Kojiharu, it seems) were able to attend the concert directly from the VIP seats.
    News from the official NGT account:
    [​IMG]
    https://twitter.com/official_NGT48/status/834040448855404544
    Full-size photo from the photogallery of the Oricon article:
    [​IMG]
    http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2086340/full/
    As she mentioned during today's SR, Maho even got a seat right next to Takamina and she was particularly touched by her kindness and professionalism.
    Unfortunately it looks like that she won't be able to attend tomorrow's graduation concert and she'll have to return to Niigata for work-related reasons. Come on, management, don't be so heartless and let her reach Nirvana in peace. (´;ω;`)

Also, a related Photolog post from today:
    "I went to see it!
    The T-shirt is also something I bought with my own money! (laugh)

Starting from the setlist, her singing voice, her gaze, her gestures, everything, everything was so beautiful. I really enjoyed it. I really felt Kojima Haruna's greatness and charm again."

7. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Some other Photolog posts related to Kojimatsuri that I probably should have added a long time ago:

"#Kojimatsuri

Yesterday I went to see it together with Marina and HKT's Rikopi.
    The three of us talked about how we wanted to go see it today too.

Kojima Haruna was the best"

"Lightstick.
    This is the lightstick I was supposed to bring with me at yesterday's Kojimatsuri.

I even changed the battery and made all necessary preparations, but I forgot it in my carry bag so I came empty-handed."

"Maho Maho Kamen.
    A Nyan Nyan eyemask like Nyan Nyan Kamen

#The sort of showoff who puts it on during Kojimatsuri and takes a nap ← "

"Maho Maho Kamen.
    That's what's it's like when you put it on."

Kikusui's special movie featuring Maho, at last. (⌒▽⌒)

For those who aren't aware of it, Kikusui is a Niigata-based sake maker that did a collaboration campaign with NGT48 last year. Five NGT48 members, the ones who had already come of age at the time of the campaign, were chosen to advertize their sake brand and appeared on promotional posters and such. The special videos aren't new, they apparently were filmed back in May but they didn't get around to upload them until recently.
    If you are interested, they have also uploaded Otaki's version, as well as Kitarie, Miizun and Gatanee (about the last one, now I realize what she was referring to, when she talked on SR about the excessive nodding and exclamations of surprise. Gatanee is such a ponkotsu but I like her that way...)

Today's SR, wizardry edition.
    Lesson learned today: don't get caught being a DD pleb in the presence of Maho, be it by waving other members' uchiwa at the Kenkyuusei stage or by going to other members' lanes at handshake events. "I was just making the rounds to greet them" ain't a valid excuse, it's not like you are office co-workers that need to carry out such formalities~

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
  8. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    An oldie from last year's A to Z documentary, which I figured deserved more recognition.
    English subtitles are also available.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  9. Pamyurin

Pamyurin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamaguchimaho
    ^^

Thank you so much! Mahohon is truly magic :^O^:

10. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Maho appeared as a guest on Smile Stadium a few days ago, along with Anju. More additional screenshots here.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    https://www.twitter.com/NSTsmst/status/837989401737060353

And here's the only couple of recordings I could find. It seems nobody ever bothers to record this show properly, despite being the one where NGT appears the most, isn't it...
    https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/838619570151698433/pu/vid/1280x720/xfivAT9700zZOqiW.mp4
    https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/837964264396640257/pu/vid/1280x720/o76bDftH48qnM1b7.mp4

Some choice Photolog posts:

"2017.03.06
    Today is the birthday of Cinnamon, who I love more than anything else in the world.
    Happy birthday, Cinnamon!

I've been liking you since 11 years ago.

I'm cheering for you so much"
    "2017.03.06

Cinnamoroll Exhibition.
    Today, I was planning to go to the Cinnamoroll Exhibition after work was over.
    But I could't go due to time constraints.

I'm crying.
    Tears are rolling down, more than last year when Cinnamon ranked 2nd at the Character Grand Prix and I cried tears of regret.
    I'm filled with regret and sorriness.

I wanted to celebrate birthday together."
    "Mizusawa Ayaka

Birthday present. Maho-chan started singing 'Happy birthday to you', I thought it was for someone else, but she actually gave me a birthday present. (laugh)

By the way, my birthday is on November 5th.

She gave me a cute lip gloss, thank you Maho-chan"
    "Takakura Moeka

Maho-chan. Since that time we did that training camp, we have been really close together, I like her so much.

Maho-chan is so amusing, she was always standing by my side when I was worried.

She always thinks of others, so she's also considerate of what others may think."
    Bonus: Ayakani proudly sporting her carry bag designed by Maho.
    "Homma Hinata

This is the baggage for a three-days stay at the hotel.
    Only that, it seems.

Ayakani-chan is quite something. (laughs)"

11. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    "Tsugutsugu

Tsugutsugu came to comfort me when I couldn't go to the Cinnamoroll Exhibition and cried.
    Together we watched the Cinnamoroll's Kubi-furi series -- Kubi-furi Cinnamon, Kubi-furi Moka, Kubi-furi Cappucino, Kubi-furi Chiffon, Kubi-furi Milk.

Thank you for being able to cheer me up, Tsugu-chan"

Thank you for your valuable support, Tsugumin. It was much needed.
    I have no idea what video they might have watched together, but looking up on Youtube I found this playlist, which is based on this original commercial from 2003 (the one she mentioned in another SR stream weeks ago, supposedly).
    It looks like that love for Sanrio characters is what unites the members inside of NGT, after all (unless it's Gatanee, in which case it's The Walking Dead~).

Speaking of which, here's some photos from last week's Minna Kami Taiou to further prove the point. Judging by the radio show's recordings (here), yeah, she spent the whole time with this plushie on her head, to the point that the show host had to butt in to ask her what it was. (゚д゚* )
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Yesterday's Photolog post about the Dareka no Tame ni charity event.

"March 11th.
    6 years have passed since then.
    6 years already.
    6 years as of yet.

While there are places where reconstruction is proceeding, there are also many places that are still suffering from the impact of the earthquake.

No matter how many years have passed, there's always something you can do for someone.

I'll do what I can so that happy days may return to as many people as possible."

---

Also, today was Haru Matsuri, so here's a quick rundown of all the events in which Maho participated:

Photosession corner with Ogiyuka
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Videos here:
    https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/840732104807784448/pu/vid/1280x720/DfF-5mh93akekYmU.mp4
    https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/840734413302386688/pu/vid/1280x720/aAaY2XJZeuyPkIuM.mp4 (closer view, but shot from an Ogiyuka angle)

"Haru no Undoukai" corner, featuring Maho and Ogiyuka. Spoiler alert: in spite of everything (like the bad aim...), Maho ended up winning the competition by a huge margin.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Full recording of the event can be found here, broken into parts:
    Part 1 (self-introduction and preparation for the game)
    Part 2 (game starts, at some point in the middle of the game Maho has a better idea and they both get in a short ball-tossing fight~)
    Part 3 (end of the game, ball counting)
    Part 4 (Maho and Ogiyuka singing Oogoe Diamond)
    Part 5 (throwing signed balls to fans in the crowd)

Karaoke corner, with Katomina and Rika.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Some videos of them performing Heart-gata Virus:
    https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/840880578509520896/pu/vid/1280x720/N0OKJCS9U8op_KTK.mp4
    https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/840874955902402560/pu/vid/1280x720/mVL1siOKwGeTbNeR.mp4
    https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/840876345613680640/pu/vid/1280x720/sIcO16ZMO9v5o04d.mp4

Sometime in between, Maho held her traditional Surprise Lane. As the placard at the entrance of the booth points out, this time the giveaway prizes were the following.
    [​IMG]
    Arigatougozaimaho for coming.
    This is Maho's "Let's go back home with a smile HAPPY LANE"
    also the "Maho will become your Number One" lane

First prize is a "Maho is Number Wan" nametag & card.
    I'll write your name and it'll be like a Maho-oshi armband.
    This is the mark of Maho-oshi! It's a card, but for the people who want to turn it into a nametag or attach it somewhere, please ask for this (clip). 

"Maho is Number Wan sticker"
    It's so cute. Please stick it on your cellphone and many other places. ❤

"I support Maho sticker" [*]
    This is a bit different from last time, it's a stylish zebra sticker drawn with a felt-tip pen.

* there's another pun here with the verb shimau and shimauma (zebra), another typical Maho-ism ( ̄ー ̄ )

---

All in all it has been another eventful day. Credits to the many lucky chaps who personally went to the event and were kind enough to share all this content.

One more Photolog post from today to top it off:

"Haru Matsuri
    Thank you so much.

I was so glad I could meet you all.
    It was the first handshake event in a long time, I was in high spirits.
    I'm really happy. You are my support.

However, lately we had handshake events revolving around special prizes, and we couldn't talk much,
    so I'm looking forward to talking with you all at the NGT individual handshake event.

There are lot of things I want to talk about."

13. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Today's Photolog posts are all about NGT's Countdown TV performance, as expected. The dress looks good on her:
    Today's (very short) Showroom.
    Apparently Maho was a bit too downhearted lately to stream, also Riko was lodging in the same room as hers. That's all.
    Oh yeah, also make sure to buy the latest issue of Girls, it has Maho and Ayanyan and the gravure is great and it even comes with an extra-sized poster of them. (*´ー`*)

---

While at it, I'd also leave this other subbed video here. She had so much screentime on her episode of Niigatta Friend, I though it needed some special attention. I hope I did an accurate job, although I wonder if a translation was necessary at all.

For the sake of clarity, the smartphone case that she was referring to is the one you also see in these photos
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Today's Photolog posts:

"Kurayami Motomu's costume
    This is what the costume of the coupling song Kurayami Motomu is like.
    It's anime-like and cute."

"Half twintail
    Today's hairstyle is half twintail.
    There was a problem and I couldn't wear a headband, so I did it for the first time ever.
    I got praised by the members, but it felt embarrassing"

"Major debut event.
    Thank you so much.
    Many people gathered, more than I'd have expected. We were able to have a very fun live.
    There were also songs that were performed for the first time, what did you think of them?
    Please look forward to Seishun Tokei, which will be out on April 12th"

Today's (also rather short) Showroom
    Slightly sickly Maho, still recovering with the help of Cinnamon.
    By the way, getting a pet dog so it can go get groceries for her while she's sick at home doesn't sound like a bad idea, actually...

Bonus: After a long time, at last some MahoRiko from Riko's Photolog

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
  15. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Something I thought of subbing since a long time ago.
    This time it's about Maho's auditions history and, incidentally, her relationship with her grandparents. I have to wonder how things would have turned out, had history gone differently...
    Enjoy.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
  16. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    "Hasegawa Rena's Seitansai
    Happy birthday, Renapon!
    Renapon is always so energetic!
    I wish you lots of homeruns from now on, too!"

"Odango
    Today's hairstyle was odango.
    I had curled hair at the shooting before, but since curled hair isn't allowed at the stage performance, I turned it into an odango hairstyle to conceal that.
    Odango hair doesn't look good on me, so I had never done that.
    Maybe this will be the first and last."

Bonus from good ol' Ayakani's Photolog

"Today I and Maho-chan had ball hair.
    Ayakani-chan hit a homerun."

Today's Showroom, also featuring odango Maho. (*´∀`*)

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  17. miharuuu

miharuuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    I'm sorry but may I ask why curled hair isn't allowed at stage performances?:)

18. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Well, it's not just about curled hair, but it seems that NGT still has some restrictions in place regarding makeup and hairdo, when it comes to performances and official TV appearances. With the exception of some particular stage days and certain songs, the members are required to keep the same hairstyle that they had when they took their profile photos. Some other members (for example, Ogiyuka) also talked about a restriction on nail painting (ネイル禁止, they called it), which is the reason they don't paint them too flashy either.

I've been trying to look for a video where Maho explained the regulations personally, since I knew there was one somewhere, but the best I've come across so far is this. Maybe other members discussed them more in depth, who knows.
    Here she tells how at last year's Sports Day she wanted to arrange her hair the same way as Kojiharu. She mentions in passing how NGT's hairstyles are fixed and members can't change them, but they were given freedom to arrange it however they wanted on that particular day at least.

---

Now, for something different.
    Yesterday, during the Tofu Prowrestling livewatching stream, Katomina showed everyone her makeup case. Surprisingly enough, it's decorated on every side with Maho's trademark stickers (not to mention there's photo of Noepii glued on the inside), so I can't help but post it.
    "There are some (stickers) left, can you give them to me?", she asked, and that's how it became like this. All I can say is, thank you for joining Maho's extended family and spreading the love. (・∀・ )
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    You can watch the full scene here.

Today's speed Showroom to wish Mayuyu a happy birthday. Once again, Maho proudly displayed her copy of the photobook with Mayuyu's signature and a personal message for her, which she managed to get when they met at last year's Aki Matsuri. For those who missed it, back in November NGT's official Twitter profile even commemorated the event by posting a nice two-shot.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
  19. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Judging from today's Photolog activity, our girls were busy recording some episode of AKB48 SHOW these days. Other members also mentioned it will include a live performance of Seishun Dokei, Kurayami Motomu, and Shita no Na de Yobeta No ha, so you can bet it's going to be a special centered on NGT. Can't wait.

"AKB48SHOW
    We are done filming it.
    It hasn't been decided yet on what day it'll be aired, so look forward to it.
    I also did a comedy skit. They praised me, saying it was so funny. I feel happy."

Another post from Ogiyuka's photolog, this one giving a sneak peek of the gag corner:

"We are done filming the comedy skit. 〜〜(^v^)
    Cellphone shop! (laugh)
    NGTPhone
    Wait for it... (*´∀`*)"

Bonus, this time from Maho's photolog:
    Katomina's makeup case makes another appearance in all its glory.

"Minami's makeup pouch.
    It seems that Minami has grown fond of the "Maho's Dog" and "I support Maho" stickers,
    and she put lots of them on her pouch.

So cute!"

Today's Showroom. Looks like Maho is giving more attention to writing mobame than doing Showroom lately, hence why the videos have gotten so short in these last weeks.
    I'm not unhappy with it, since it shows she clearly isn't neglecting fans either way. But at the same time, I hope she'll go back to streaming soon, especially now that Sousenkyo is around the corner.
    I still have fond memories of last year's Sousenkyo campaign and I'd wish to go back listening to her quirky stories and watching her weird personal version of Pictionary like back in the day...

• Like Like x 1
  20. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Can anyone remind me what manga Maho is going to be on the cover of and what the sale date is? I'm going to be ordering some magazines soon including the issue of Girls that she is appearing in.