Yamamoto Sayaka (Sayaka) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'NMB48 Graduated Members' started by AikyiTaizne, Dec 7, 2010.

1. BAKA OSHI

BAKA OSHI Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    ochervet
    Yes and no, more on the BM subforum, we are going off topic here...

2. Doodleboy

Doodleboy Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Sayanee made an appearance for Halloween Night performance. Does this mean she is healthy enough to make an appearance already or was this recorded earlier?

3. Monobroké

Monobroké Kenkyuusei

^Depends on whether or not Japan allows lipsyncing on TV performances for medical reasons. She's probably taking time off from at least the more vocally strenuous activities (e.g. theater performances, too many TV performances, HS/2shot events where she has to talk the whole day, etc.)

4. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

5. GOBlue

GOBlue Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyazawasae
    Or just an AKB48/babymetal collab that would be fun as well preferably in a overseas venue located somewhere close to where I live so I could see it live (we can all dream right [hehe])

6. Monobroké

Monobroké Kenkyuusei

Some cute bits: tongue twisters, reading more mail, and Sayaka teaches part of the Halloween Night dance. I didn't understand it so I can't sum up much more than that. LOL

7. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Ehh for a fujoshi like Sayanee, I'd rather see Linked Horizon x Sayanee

8. Samara Morgane

Samara Morgane Member

Oshimen:
    umemotoizumi
    ^To be honest,like I said I don't know Babymetal and was mostly saying it on the conversation but I also don't know that many bands/artists from Japan so for me it kinda limited to Exist Trace and Alice Nine!If anything I would like some international collabs but I wouldn't exactly with who!The only band that I'm thinking at the moment is The Slot(russian band)!

9. kuity

kuity Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    jlz777
    I hope she's all right after the surgery o.o

10. Monobroké

Monobroké Kenkyuusei

11. Lukcy86

Lukcy86 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Hi All, good stats update from @maiyanee ask.fm here to share:

Ask: There's a reason why I gave you 48hrs. Where's the supporting data to back up your claims for both questions? I want to see a rigorous and detailed analysis. For example, have you considered non-HS stats in justifying Sayanee as the top pick? How do you know "the current rotation of centres" is good Alright,

Answer: if you want me to prove myself then here goes. I'll go over the data points one by one:
    Handshake sales: Over the past year, from Kokoro no Placard to Halloween Night, Sayanee's handshake sales are 20/20 ② --> 25/25 ② --> 29/29 ② --> 18/18 ① --> 30/30 ① for reported sales and #1 --> #1 --> #1 --> #1 --> #1 in terms of sale speed relative to everyone else in 48G. Seeing a ① for an idol with max allotted slots is extremely rare, and Yuko is the only other idol in the history of the group who's achieved it with 30 slots. With Halloween Night, Sayanee's capped out. Unless AKB decides to put more handshake events on each single, this is the absolute strongest an idol can be. In Sayanee's case, it's even more impressive considering that she also does handshake events for NMB singles.
    2-shot sales: Sayanee is yet again #1 here, with another perfect 30/30 ① showing. These types of numbers are the stuff of legends, there's not much else to say here beyond emphasizing how much of an achievement that is.
    Social media: ~442,000 Google+ followers places Sayanee right at the top tier of 48G. Be it number of comments, +1s, or follower counts, Sayanee is either at the top or very near that mark. In terms of total fame on Google+, Sayanee is only outclassed by Mayuyu, Yukirin, and Yuko, and in terms of day-to-day hype she's only outmatched by the wota favorites Sakura and Mion. On Twitter, Sayanee has the 10th highest follower count in the whole history of 48G at ~656,000 at time of writing. Everyone ahead of her is either graduated, named Sasshi or Rena, or been a JKT member (Akicha and Harugon). Sayanee is also 8th place on 755 rankings, with a watch count of ~14,800,000.
    Google Trends: This one is really just as simple as "how often people in Japan Google search the names of idols", but save from events like election hype and graduation announcements Sayanee is almost always comfortably ahead of her fellow top 48G idols in terms of search volume, sometimes even by measures of 2x or 3x. (Although, it's interesting to note that searches for Yukirin were 6.67x that of Sasshi during the 2015 elections, and have only just now started to return to normal levels)
    Polls and surveys: A Goo Ranking poll earlier this year of favorite female idol singers had Sayanee at #4, the highest for a 48/46 idol (behind a Perfume member, a Momoclo member, and Ai Shinozaki). On Nikkei Entertainment's yearly survey, Sayanee had the highest increase in interest among 48G idols from 2014 to 2015. The same goes for Nikkei's annual Talent Power Ranking column, Sayanee once again has the highest score increase among 48G idols from 2014 to 2015. Here, Sayanee isn't at the top tier, but it's very important to note that she's had the highest increase in both categories.
    (continued in next ask)

(continuation of my response)
    Sayanee's 2015 photobook, "SY", sold 42,779 copies in its first week. The only 48/46 member photobooks with higher first week sales are Kojiharu's photobooks (including her 2015 one) and photobooks of Acchan/Yuko/Mayuyu/Sasshi/Yukirin published in 2011 and 2012. Kojiharu is an established idol, and everyone mentioned previously is a "kami" idol, so for Sayanee to post such impressive number is truly an accomplishment. According to Amazon Japan's statistics for the first half of 2015, SY is ranked #1 among photobooks (beating Kojiharu here) and #7 among ALL books.
    I haven't gotten around to collecting many statistics on gravure yet, but Sayanee has been a cover girl multiple times for pretty much all of the big-name gravure magazines, and she's got an enormous amount of photoshoots racked up. Simply put, people want to look at Sayanee in a swimsuit, so if she's doing that in a magazine then it's going to make people want to buy that magazine.
    Sayanee is also the rare situation of a 48G member who continues to regularly receive CM deals and media offers. While Sayanee's record isn't impressive when you compare it to AKB's glory days, it's quite notable when you look at AKB's decline and where they are today. It's always a good sign if companies want an idol for CMs, and not many 48G idols are in heavy demand these days.
    Individually, all of these factors are commendable, but when you combine them together you have an idol who succeeds at everything she's put in. What's important here is that Sayanee is not only a 48G idol who can work well among both AKB fans and normal people, but she's also someone who 1) isn't from AKB proper, and 2) only debuted in 2010. Sayanee is "new" compared to the earlier generations of AKB, and the interest is very clearly there, so all signs point to her having the potential to become a kami member if she can get her name out there. Hence, not only is Sayanee statistically the best choice for center, but she'd also benefit a good deal from having the extra media exposure. Sayanee is an NMB member, so making her a solo center of an AKB single might prove difficult, but she's ideal strictly from a numbers perspective.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  12. BAKA OSHI

BAKA OSHI Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    ochervet
    Sakura was center, she's not AKB either. It's a management choice. I feel she won't get it before next year as we are not almost in Takamina time.

13. Minchi

Minchi Kenkyuusei

Nothing known for now. Maybe UTAGE-related? I think (and hope) she's only playing guitar. I love her voice so i hope she rest a bit more before singing again, i'm pretty sure it'll be better for her in the future rather than forcing herself now.

@Lukcy86 I'm pretty sure most of us are aware of this (bc we're sayanee-oshis anyway lol) but indeed, i'll buy hundred copies of she ever becomes AKB single center lol #no Regarding handshake, it's pretty obvious how overpowered she is right now, she's pretty much 48G handshake queen right now. And about magazine, i think she regularly appears in 2-5 magazine every month which is really amazing by 48G standard.
    About center tho, i'm not even sure we'll get to see her center AKB single (or even NMB single) before she graduates. The chance of her centering single is really small, unless she decides to graduate suddenly (which will create a graduation single for her, i'm pretty sure will be her solo center or i'll flip table if she doesn't receive one)

Any thoughts on the rumor that SayaMilky won't be on NMB next single senbatsu ? (which i REAAALLLYY doubt is true)

14. Samara Morgane

Samara Morgane Member

Oshimen:
    umemotoizumi
    Ok it's probably random but did she ever mentioned if liked/admired Joan Jett (The Runaways,Joan Jett and The Blackhearts)?Joan is a pioneer and I a legend(if I may say so) as a female guitarist in rock/metal music!I was just wondering because I think would be cool if they were to meet and jam together!I'm sure Sayaka could learn a lot from her!Also,I think if she were to cover I Love Rock n Roll would be awesome!Her raspy voice would suit the song!

15. Lukcy86

Lukcy86 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    No way they're not in NMB senbantsu right? It's too radical lol. Isn't AkiP confirmed by phone to sayanee in that ANN radio That she should rest to prepare for new nmb song?

16. burningbrita

burningbrita Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    sparklingbrita
    Yeah, I don't think they would do that. I'm all about the groups, NMB included, trying out new centers, but actually taking Sayanee and Milky out of the senbatsu doesn't sound like a good idea for fans or sales

17. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Agreed. Plus let's not forget my own kamioshi, Jurina - she was the first of the non-AKB solo centers.

18. Monobroké

Monobroké Kenkyuusei

Agreed. I get what management is trying to do by rotating girls at the center, but it doesn't make any sense to take your top 2 sellers out of the lineup completely.

19. BAKA OSHI

BAKA OSHI Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    ochervet
    And Sasshi is not AKB either, although it's the SSK votes that gave her the center position, not sure management would ever had given her the opportunity otherwise.

20. Minchi

Minchi Kenkyuusei

Yeah it's just the matter of management's choice. If they want to, they could make Sayanee centers an AKB single since long ago but it never happens (Not that i'm hoping bc it's pretty obvious that the chances are really small). They could make 365 hi no kami hikouki single song but it doesn't happen.
    So yeah, at this rate, SSK is the only possible way for her to center an AKB song. But judging by last SSK result, i doubt it will happen. Not to mention i think next year will be her last (which probably means our only chances). For this reason, now i'm saving for next SSK. I kinda felt guilty seeing her rank didn't change at all despite all of her popularity boom in 2014.

About her out of NMB single senbatsu, it's just a rumor, but yeah i doubt it will happen. I'll flip tables if it happens [hehe]

Also, this is just my thoughts as worry-wart fan, feel free to ignore it: Lately, whenever i see her, i just feel that she's kinda off. I mean, she looks tired as hell. Her smile doesn't seem like usual, it's like she's forcing it. She doesn't feel herself at all lately. I actually like it when she gets hyped up and smile freely, but she rarely acts this way lately :( She looks a bit genki in today MStage, but in previous performances such as MJ, FNS, also on her UTAGE appearance she looks so tired.. Also doesn't her schedule look so packed lately? Like, even in Ippome Ondo her dancing scene looks like it was taken on different day from the rest of senbatsu. Her scene feels like just glued there, she's not on the part when the senbatsu danced together. I'm assuming she has other work on the time when the rest of senbatsu did shooting for it.