Yamamoto Sayaka (Sayaka) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'NMB48 Graduated Members' started by AikyiTaizne, Dec 7, 2010.

1. moomookan

moomookan Member Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki, Yagi Toa
    Sayaka has stated that her dream is to be a singer/songwriter. She was in a band called Mad Catz before joining NMB, so she definitely seems to want to pursue music. She's a very smart girl to use NMB to boost her forward, since Mad Catz wasn't really going anywhere...
    She does have a solo song from when she was in Mad Catz though!

I always found Sayanee to be more "girl next door" than Milky. Milky sexualizes herself so much, while with Sayanee we see embarrassment, which is in my opinion much more "normal girl". Sayaka also talks about liking BL manga, which also makes me think she's more of a "I'm a normal girl who happens to be incredibly talented" kind of idol. I always think its sweet when she mentions her family/grandpa :)

2. MrMojo

MrMojo Kenkyuusei

3. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    i'm not sure where you guys live but you guys have to introduce me to the girls who live next door to you.

4. moomookan

moomookan Member Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki, Yagi Toa
    ^ That reminds me, I really wish I could meet Sayanee. If I could ever go to a handshake event, she is one of the ones I would try to sign up for first.

Sayanee isn't super average girl, she's way too talented and beautiful to be, but I do think she acts less idolish than a lot of members. She reminds me of Yuko and Akimoto Sayaka. And even though Yuko is an amazing idol, she's not typical idol either.
    I'm glad Sayanee and Yuko are becoming closer :)

5. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    To be honest, I actually didn't notice #139 in Star Hime Sagashi Taro Episode 01. Only after she was placed at the Center of NMB48 did I give notice of her and re-watched the video to find her. I think #138 was more noticeable at the audition, that was Nana.

6. IXA

IXA Member

Oshimen:
    matsuokanatsumi
    Twitter:
    Ixatsu
    imo we don't need to worry , she still 19 and she just reached the peak of her career , not sure it's not a good time for her to graduate in near time .

i don't understand with 'the girl next door concept' and 'reachable' , do you mean Milky is just like a girl who we can find in our neighborhood so some fans feel ease with her , or what ? :^^;:

7. lazyedt

lazyedt Kenkyuusei

damn chocolate.... one lucky bastard.... sliding that piece of cake a lil too far down.... you know what i'm saying? [boom]

[​IMG]

8. Erin.

Erin. Kenkyuusei

^^ A "girl next door" type is a sweet, friendly girl, the type you can easily have a conversation with, without any fears of rejection. The type of girl who would be friends with basically anybody (there's probably an undertone of naivety about her; she's not stupid, but she's relatively innocent in terms of "the ways of the world"). At least, this is how I understand it. I see some of these elements in both Sayanee and Milky, but I don't think either is totally the girl next door. Sayaka has that rocker chic edge to her, and Milky is...well, Milky. She likes fishing. :lol:

I don't think Sayanee is anywhere near being ready to graduate. She's only 19 and NMB's popularity is still increasing. Eventually she will go solo, but right now she's still honing her skills. In a way, being in a 48 group is a bit like being in a training camp: you learn about the industry, you develop your skills, you make connections, and you decide where you want to go in life. Sayanee has yet to reach the peak in her career - she's still going up as she becomes a stronger performer and gains more fans.

9. oddball

oddball Member

Well Sayaka is without doubt one of the best all rounders they have in AKS if not the best and it's not like she a Jack of all trades either she is really good at so many things to on top of being cool, dorky, funny and everything else....

Well a lot of the time they really are like Ying and Yang, it's why they work as a center pair like Acchan and Yuko did..........

10. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    my concern is that nmb is not offering her enough to increase her skills, which i've been concerned about ever since they started nmb.

for a budding singer-songwriter, we have jungle gym and bird and that's it. over the course of 2 years.

akb's center pair has actually been acchan/takamina because of how their voices mixed.
    yuuko was just the one people liked and only really approached center in election singles.

but in nmb milky and sayaka are the legit center pair that often appear together, whether it's singles or gravure or variety, whether it's in a rivalry (aka vs shiro) or as a friendly pair. their chemistry is actually interesting, because sometimes it's not all nice and they can get somewhat heated at each other, lol.

(for that matter i'm kinda sad because maachun and ainyan were also a common pair, but with ainyan graduating...)

11. IXA

IXA Member

Oshimen:
    matsuokanatsumi
    Twitter:
    Ixatsu
    ^ Thanks Erin for your explanation [clap]

It seems they are have a different image , from what the people talked before i guess Milky is more low-profile and humble than Sayanee who regarded as a full talented super idol . These two girls pairing are the perfect example for a different class rivalry , the one is more 'reachable' by the fans and another one is 'too classy' for the fans even to have a conversation with her .

12. Yuki88

Yuki88 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    KuroiYuki88
    ^ Haha, I think Miruki is more ambitious than low profile and humble, which is more of Sayanee :^^;:

13. IXA

IXA Member

Oshimen:
    matsuokanatsumi
    Twitter:
    Ixatsu
    lol ambitious and low profile aren't opposite :^^;:

oh does anyone know whether mad catz have an official website or not ?

14. Erin.

Erin. Kenkyuusei

Ah, yes, good point. Since Sayaka is greatly above the usual level of idol talent/ability, being in an idol group could be a be limiting for her. Giving her some kind of side project (cough...solo debut...cough) might be good for her, because she could write and play her own songs.

Still, being in NMB is giving her the chance to expand her knowledge about how the music industry works, and it also gets her face out there, so that maybe some music producers will notice her and want to work with her in the future.

NMB management seems pretty intelligent. They've made a lot of good moves for the group. So they've gotta see how talented (as well as popular) Sayaka is, and hopefully have big plans for her. (And not be like AKB management, who took forever to give Takamina a solo debut.)

15. oddball

oddball Member

^

There is no doubt that Sayanee has the ability to go on to perhaps bigger and better things after she is done being an idol.

However this will be AT LEAST a couple of years down the line, she still has plenty of potential left to fill as an idol before she takes that next step.

16. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    If i could ask her one question, it would be :

-do you want to aim for a solo career?
    -do you want to lead akb second generation?

after, during Request Hour, she raised her hand when asked "who want to be soukantoku".

Deep in my heart, i have hopes.

17. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    Sayanee??? TOO CLASSY?? pleaseee lol.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWTvHsRyRFM
    Quite curious to know how something like this is classy. lol.

Awws I don't feel like sayanee's unreachable at all. Sure she may not be as open and chatty as milky, but she has her good points at HS too. she's very attentive, that's one thing. And even on her gplus, she is very interactive with fans. Last time, she even set up particular posts where she'll accept questions, and she'll answer all of them in another post. I think she does really put a lot of effort into getting fans' input and communicating with fans.

And if they're one thing you have to know about sayanee, despite how talented she may be, she never once takes it as her being better than others. she's completely humble about it, and sees herself just like any other girl. She has self confidence but not overconfidence. There is a difference ;)

18. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    ^
    speaking of which i was gonna ask you if you ever got that personal message from sayaka

until i remembered that the miichan fan won it?
    did he or she ever get it?

19. IXA

IXA Member

Oshimen:
    matsuokanatsumi
    Twitter:
    Ixatsu
    convenience93 well , that was only my opinion regarding the 'girl next door' concept from someone who posted that before ,please don't take it too hard and sorry if it does annoy you ;)

20. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    @joooooooooe
    As far as I know, no, I don't think the miichan fan ever got back any message. I think it may have been cause (not pointing fingers to anyone in particular) but I heard there were people who were playing dirty. they went a bit too far like creating multiple accounts to vote for themselves and etc. In the end, it didn't really end up like a clean competition it seems. I didn't even do anything but I got suspended not once but twice from google plus. lmao. Either way, it's still a little shady of management to promise something and not deliver it. Whatever it is, it's cool though. We can only hope our oshis at least took a bit of notice of our messages to them. Otherwise, all that effort would have been a complete waste of time and energy.

Lols it's a forum. There's bound to be things we agree and disagree. About not being a girl next door, perhaps she isn't with her sets of talents. However, despite her past musical background, she was pretty much a nobody as well. Personally, no one in nmb to me fits the girl next door concept at all. Everyone (well most of them) seems to have something particular that stands out. Apart from Sayanee, we have Milky who has incredible stage presence and fishing (lol) abilities. Then there's Ainyan who is a natural in varieties and basically a sports queen. Maachun's the comedy queen. Nana has a mixture of good stage presence, performing abilities and even some natural comedic traits. Even from NMB5, they all have various different talents but that's what makes NMB who they are. NMB doesn't function in any way like AKB imo. I don't think they even utilise this girl-next-door concept at all.

Also I think you should check out sayanee's earlier blog entries (it used to be translated on blog48) when they first started and not base your opinion on the little you know about her. I don't want to sound high and mighty or anything just cause I've been a fan of hers for a longer time...and I can't say I know her super well as I don't know her personally. But more about what I think:
    http://convenience93.livejournal.com/14400.html
    I'll let this do the talking. I made that more than a year ago, but it still applies. And I probably have even more to add to that now tbh lol.