Yokoyama Yui (Yuihan) / 9th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by haruna_hamasaki, Dec 13, 2009.

1. goh1925

goh1925 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayui01
    [​IMG]
    Yui's election poster. :flower:
    I love it. It's simple and straightforward.:cute::cute::cute::cute::cute:
    I thought Yui didn't write any message in her poster but take a second look and her message is in the red words behind her. Unfortunately, I tried to read it, but Yui blocked many of the words that would make the message make sense. So, the words behind her didn't really convey anything. :shock:

Team K Shonichi
    Since I never watch the whole K6th in one seating,
    I guess I don't have to deal with the 'boredom' others are facing.
    Though I do heard some of the songs before, but the stage stays fresh towards the end.

With that said, since I never watched the whole K6th, I totally forgot Uhoho is part of the stage.
    Else I would have been speculating who's the gorilla.
    Well, turns out Yui it is. :^^;:

Now I get why people are saying they love the Yokoyamamoto moments.
    I agree, and Yui seems to be pretty fond of Saya-nee. [hehe]
    [​IMG]
    Guess Mako really didn't know how to react for a second there. :lol:

Yui was holding back her tears at the end of the stage. :cute::cute::cute::cute::cute:
    I don't really know how she feels while tearing up but it's heart warming nonetheless.

The controversial choice of center aside, I think the overall stage is decent.
    You know, at this point, I really don't know what else I can add to the conversations.

Personally, Yui arguably got the hardest team to manage.
    The image of the members are all over the place, the controversial kennins, and the old Team K fans with high expectation which I'm not too fond of.

Watching this shonicchi made me relieved a little bit.
    There are still rooms of improvement for the members to improve on their unity,
    but I think most of the members will work just fine.

I'm looking forward to the next stage where the benched members perform.
    I would like to know how the dynamic will change if you introduce them.

2. goh1925

goh1925 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayui01
    [​IMG]
    Yui after today's Not Yet's live. She seems to have quite a lot of fun. :blush::blush::blush::blush:

And here comes Yui's election promotion video.
    I'm AKB48 Team K, Yokoyama Yui.

Thank you for the wonderful position 13th in last year election.
    I've been made the captain of Team A after Shinoda Mariko-san.
    It is my first time as a captain surrounded by adorable kouhai and wonderful senpai,
    I really enjoyed it; and that made me love AKB48 even more.

I've been made the captain of Team K at the Grand Shuffle,
    Team K is my first team after my promotion to formal member,
    I won't forget my beginner's mind and try to work hard for it.

And then when it comes to election, I've always made people worries about me.
    If I'm able to stand on the stage this year,
    I want to walk up the stage by my own effort and express my appreciation to everyone.
    Please continue to support me from now on.

Geinin The Movie~!
    The movie follows a comedy club in Namba and their journey to win the JK-1. (All-girl High School Stand-up Comedy Competition) The movie features Yui, Sayanee, Milky,Yamada Nana, Maachun and Ripopo as main cast.
    The story follows a comedy club in Namba and their journey to win the JK-1. Yamada Nana, a third year student and chairman of the club. Yui and Sayanee, second year students and the core members of the club. Ripopo and Maachun, freshman. Milky is introduce as a transfer student from Tokyo.

Yui and Sayanee are best friends and they aspire to win the JK-1 together.
    Later, they found out that Milky is Sayanee's childhood friend and they shares the same dream.
    Conflicts ensue, and it end with Sayanee and Milky winning the JK-1 together while Yui shift into background.

I was worried that the whole movie would be too cheesy.
    To my pleasant surprise, it didn't feels so. :awesome:
    I'm sure the movie incorporating comedies probably contribute to that.

If you watched Geinin the series before, you can identify one or two running gag in the show.
    With that said, you're going to disappoint if you expect any top grade acting, comedy or script.

For a comedy movie, there's surprising little amount of gag that actually aired.
    Since the stand-up comedy is a central theme to this movie,
    the comedy scenes are mostly revolving around the word play,
    as such it might not be that humorous for you if you don't speak Japanese. :yikes:

The script is comparable to the late night drama like Sailor Zombie/ Majiska Series,
    albeit at a much better quality. Think of it like a good B-grade movie. :flower:
    There's also quite a number of cliche that you often seen in anime used in the movie.
    Though they try to introduce character development, I still think it's a little forced. o_O

I was wondering if any member will be heavily featured.
    Turns out that Yui, Sayanee and Milky get almost the same amount of screentime and character progression,
    though the relationship of the cast revolve around Sayanee.

Overall, it's a decent movie.
    I think Yui's acting is decent, she even got a number of crying scenes too. :cute:
    I can't really complain much if there's Yokoyamamoto moments 10 minutes in
    and it keeps that way through the end. :approve:

3. oatmeal

oatmeal Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    The Team K vs N46 episodes have been a lot of fun.
    Yui being a boss and not giving up any milk. The captain gives the good example and refuses to give points to the enemy. So strong!
    Tano on the other hand just didn't give anything about it and just let it fly over the camera. I like Tano :blush:
    Next week is the last part of the battle with a team rope jump and Yui's going into the dark room where baloons explode.

That short movie review sounds good @goh1925 . I really liked the Geinin! tv show so I'm looking forward to seeing that movie too.
    Especially if it gives Yokoyamamoto:cute:

The NotYet live event was a huge success and it seems the girls had a lot of fun.
    Those light sticks were designed by Yui.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sasshi snapped a photo of some shoes that were abandoned in the dressing room asking who would do such a thing,
    to which our favourite member quickly replied 'Ah! They're mine!'[hehe]

[​IMG]

Yui still appears on every Sailor Zombie episode airing on Friday nights. In the Sailor Zombie thread they have translated episodes of the show, so do check them out!

[​IMG]

Today's handshake event has Yui in the lane with other 9th genners Paruru and Mariyagi.
    Also Naanya...[hehe]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then finally apparently Yui has been doing more magazine shoots and 'forgot' to mention them to us. As she always does. So enjoy these two new photo shoots from BOMB! featuring YuiParu and Weekly Playboy.

BOMB!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Weekly Playboy
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: May 11, 2014
  4. FOAKB48

FOAKB48 Kenkyuusei

Thank you so much for the updates guys. Don't worry, I do still come in here all the time but I mostly just bropwse since I don't really have anything to say half the time lol
    But I really do love all this Yui goodness.

5. exo48

exo48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayui01
    i made an account just to say why is her youtube sousenkyo video titled
    "AKB48 チームK / NMB48 チームN兼任"
    when she's not in nmb anymore. did i miss something?

6. Mai

Mai Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Probably just a mistake staff made. Her name plate in front of her in the video doesn't say Team N on it anymore and neither does the title at the beginning of the video.

7. junjou19

junjou19 Member

Can someone screen shot her Uhho Uhohho face so I can make it my avatar and my wallpaper and my everything?

8. goh1925

goh1925 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayui01
    ^oatmeal posted some related gifs in page 145, last post.
    [​IMG]
    Yuko posted some photos from the recent Not Yet's live.
    For more, please visit her blog.

9. junjou19

junjou19 Member

^ thanks goh

Does anyone have the lyrics to her Bakusho Show Battle song?

10. Faint

Faint Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gabrielamargarethwarouw
    so is it expected that yui will make kami7 this year? she hasn't yet has she?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. FOAKB48

FOAKB48 Kenkyuusei

Another senbatsu place will be great, top 9 will make me even happier and means she will get out of double figures and my god if she actually got into Kami 7, I wouldn't know what to do with myself.

12. Faint

Faint Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gabrielamargarethwarouw
    lol it just seems that she's so popular these days. but looking at people's predictions most put her down at 10 or 11. one person I saw predicted 7 for her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. FOAKB48

FOAKB48 Kenkyuusei

Well Kami 7 may be too much of a reach for her, but you never know.
    She is popular but she's not getting any push while other girls are. I think it depends on where she is after first day results.
    However if things go like her viewcount on her sousenkyo speech, it could be a different story :)

if the video does not show watch the video here
    She has over 50k viewcount!
    And here is the translation:
    "I'm AKB48 Team K's Yokoyama Yui. Everyone, thanks for getting me to the wonderful place of 13th last year. I was entrusted to captain Team A from Mariko last year, there were many cute members and I was surrounded by wonderful senpais. Although it was my first captaincy, it was very fun. I also came to like AKB even more. For the next event I was entrusted to captain Team K. When I was promoted as a KKS, I was promoted to Team K as my first team. I won't forget that promotion, I will try my best. As for the election, everyone is always worried about me. If I am able to take the stage this year, I will try to walk carefully with my own legs and step up onto the stage. And it will be good if I am able to express my gratitude to everyone during that time. Please support me from now"

Last edited: May 13, 2014
  14. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    I support Yuihan for Kami7!:approve::approve::approve::approve::approve::approve::approve:

15. goh1925

goh1925 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayui01
    Not much people predict large rise or fall for Yui, they almost always predict Yui at around 10th.
    I'm not sure how should I feel for the Youtube view counts.

Top 10 at the time of writing :
    1 高橋みなみ 70,408 チームA所属
    2 横山由依 62,787 チームK所属
    3 島崎遥香 55,750 チームA所属
    4 仲川遥香 44,922 チームJ所属
    5 山本彩 42,308 チームN / K兼任
    6 岡田奈々 40,973 チーム4所属
    7 指原莉乃 40,649 チームH所属
    8 田島芽瑠 37,925 チームH所属
    9 渡辺美優紀 36,329 チームBII / S兼任
    10 小嶋陽菜 34,985 チームA所属

I'm happy that she got quite a lot views, but then again the view count doesn't actually means anything. o_O

Speaking of which, I got a sneak peak at the latest Yokoyama Team K MV (2 minutes version).
    Yui's vocal comes much earlier, but no sign of Yui or Rie 2 minutes in.
    The MV features Jurina and Sayanee competing,
    halfway through they are trying to prop up a flag pole, but neither of them made it.
    Rumours around the MV said that, they won't be able to do it without Yui's presence.
    I was hoping the mangement could use this chance to create/solidify Team K's image since it's the first MV with the new Team.
    But they probably used it to focus on the center (Jurina/Sayanee),
    2 minutes in and while other members do get some screentime,
    but most of them are fleeting frame or out of focus one, not a good sign. :(
    I hope it's different when it comes to the full version.
    Edit: Management's a big tease.
    Team K MV preview from AKBingo shows that there are still frames that focus on other members and Yui has proper screen time.

Last edited: May 14, 2014
  16. oatmeal

oatmeal Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    ^No worries goh, the preview ends just when Yui enters. I'd recognize those legs anywhere :D So I suppose the second half of the MV will have plenty of Yui.

What I get from the first 3 minutes of the MV is that Yuko left, so the flag (Team K) falls. Sayanee and Jurina are fighting over who gets to be the next leader, but neither of them is able to get the flagpole upright. And then Yui enters.... She'll probably be the element that whips them into place and unites them to do it together. A full and wonderful Team K revival.

I like how it says at the start 'Starring: Yokoyama Team K'[hehe]

(New pictures later today, plenty of new stuff, but busy)

17. aezea

aezea Stage48 Designer

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    Twitter:
    aezea48
    Thanks for all the updates everyone, I actually visit here quite often, though I don't know what to post. I wish the like button was here already..

I love the new preview for Team K in AKBINGO! I made a cut from it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-7slv2YzKzWUS1uQWc5eWFLbzQ/edit
    and Yui has proper screentime as it's mostly her and the missing members from the other previews!! too excited to see the full MV.

18. FOAKB48

FOAKB48 Kenkyuusei

Thanks for the updates guys. I'm really happy that we see Yui and the other missing girls get the screentime too, it seems like Yui is another center position with Sayanee and Jurina?

19. oatmeal

oatmeal Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    ^oh snap, Yui actually is in the PV!:lol:
    Looking good and I can't wait till the full version is available. Same goes for the song which I like quite a lot. All the B-sides are really good.

And everyone, don't worry about not posting in the thread if you have nothing to say. We know you all read the updates and appreciate them. That's why they just keep coming. ;D

When it comes to Yui ranking in the sousenkyo predictions most people have her around the 10th position. I think this is very reasonable myself as well. She's been getting plenty of exposure not to lose any popularity but the girls around her are also growing. If she's able to get 8th or 9th I'm going to be over the moon, but I'm being realistic and hoping for a 10-11th position. This would mean that in every sousenkyo she ranked, she was ranked in senbatsu, and above all has had a rank up! 19th, 15th, 13th, ?th. Gogo Yui! (Check all the fan made posters here to start feeling to chant her name)

Now, on to the more content focused part of today.

First of, the sousenkyo guidebook scans have found their way online and Yui got a double page interview. The ranking is done by the staff of the guidebook and mostly reflects the amount of push the girls have gotten over the past period (that'd explain why Sayanee is ranked #1, haha)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Yui appeared in a talk show, and I don't really know what's going on, but the screencaps are great!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yui had another promotional event for the Yume wa ushi no oishasan documentary with Tokita Yoshiaki.

if the video does not show watch the video here

[​IMG]

More pictures from the Not Yet special live have popped up. Yui matrix style :cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    From Yuitter. Who could have ransacked her place?

Bisu jumping out when Yui arrives home
    [​IMG]

Who did this!?
    [​IMG]

The culprit has returned to the scene of the crime!
    [​IMG]
    Yui is on the cover of another magazine, EX, released on the 15th.
    [​IMG]
    Two more pictures from the lane at the Osaka handshake event.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 14, 2014
  20. KiraFlower

KiraFlower Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayui01
    I actually think 10 - 11 would be a pretty cool ranking for Yui, considering that she's basically been "sustaining herself" for the last two years or so ( and if she ranks 11, the tradition of her going up two places will be continued... by the time she's 30, she might become center [hehe])
    Now, this might be an unpopular opinion, but I don't think it'd be bad if she ended up like Akimoto Sayaka: after all, being respected by basically the whole fandom has got to amount to something, right:3rd: