Yokoyama Yui (Yuihan) / 9th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by haruna_hamasaki, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Jimmie-san

Jimmie-san Kenkyuusei

Big grats to little Yui for #10, glad she increased from the prelim so much! Well deserved.
    You suck at giving speeches though :) Good thing takamina was there to both push and stop you ;)

2. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    CONGRATS YUIHAN FOR PLACING AT RANK #10 :ome:
    Whew, I was really on the edge of my seat for Yui since the senbatsu ranking started.
    I was so happy that she moved +3 rank this year. actually I was more worried for Yui than Paruru. but finally Yui. this is a great and a fresh start for you as the next GM. hopefully next year. both Paruru and Yui will rank on the Kami-7 and we will finally fulfill their promise to each other. AKB48 SINGLE PARURU AND YUI W.CENTER!!!

3. kl9391

kl9391 Member

Twitter:
    KsLeep9391
    Not gonna lie I was afraid they were gonna hit commercials during her breakdown session. lol Good on Yui, guess YuiParu really is shoulder to shoulder now.

4. Kairi65

Kairi65 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayui01
    congrats Yui for getting 10th place~!! wishing you for kami 7 next year~!! :mail:

@MayuMK30048 AKB48 SINGLE PARURU AND YUI W.CENTER!!! <-- totally rocking it to happen!!! :omfg:

5. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    it's really gonna be the new start of the new gen if it finally happen next year. that would be the Single of The Year or Best AKB48 Single for me if it happens :inlove: you could actually tell that Paruru and Yui had been waiting for it to happen. just by hearing or reading their speech.

6. paruchory

paruchory Kenkyuusei

Congrats Yuihan and Yui-fans for improving her rank. A light of hope in this dark day!

7. Togasaki

Togasaki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Once again, Yokoyama Yui has proven that she is the pillar of stability for the AKB48 Group. The Yang to Paruru's Yin, if I may say so.

8. FOAKB48

FOAKB48 Kenkyuusei

10th with a vote count of over 63k is amazing and so much higher than last year! I really am happy for her and I think she needed to improve her rank since she is future Soukantoku.
    Well done Yui and the fans for making it happen! It's time for a new era and one that we can certainly look forward to! :)

9. チームさや姉推し

チームさや姉推し Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Congrats Yuiiiii~ Taka yelling to her to do her best brought me such joy ♡

I really wanna see Yui using her future souchan power to promote Bisu in the group lol. Bisu for center 2016

10. Kairi65

Kairi65 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayui01
    i just watched Yui's speech, can anyone translate it? i only heard something about 100 years but more importantly, i wanna know what did she say at the end that everyone laugh and Takamina to retort her [hehe]

btw, when Tokumitsu-san talk to her, i thought she looked like a kid; nodding at everything adult says, lol :lol:

11. GeoFreak

GeoFreak Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hayashimomoka
    Twitter:
    GeoFreak17
    Here's a video in case anyone wants to watch it again:

if the video does not show watch the video here

EDIT: Japanese text is here; I used it to correct some parts I had missed earlier: http://blog.livedoor.jp/y1o2k0o8/archives/45070972.html#more

I'm Yokoyama Yui, from AKB48 Team A and the next Soukantoku of 48 Group.

During the preliminary results, when I was ranked 20th, even though I've always been in senbatsu and was named the next Soukantoku, I felt really miserable.

When I thought, "What should I do?", Kawaei Rina-chan contacted me and said, "Yuihan, I'm here, so it'll be okay." After that, Iriyama Anna-chan contacted me and said, "It's just the preliminary result, so it's okay." I realized that there are close friends who support me so much like this.

What should I do...?

And then at handshake events, fans said things like, "I haven't voted yet, so it'll be okay." I strongly felt that Sousenkyo is an event where I receive so much support from people.

Like... I'm 10th place, right? (Tokumitsu-san: 10th place. That's right, 10th place. You got over 60,000 votes. Over 60,000 people supported you. Have some more confidence, and go forth as Soukantoku!)

Really, I'm worried about being the next Soukantoku, but with today's Sousenkyo... I don't know...

(Tokumitsu-san: Why don't you try breathing deeply for a bit?)

(Takamina: Yui ganbare! Yui ganbare!)

(Tokumitsu-san: This is the second time I've come up close to you, Yui-chan.)

I said I wouldn't take your hand, but I apologize for doing this again. Like, how should I say this...? I can't do anything on my own, but if I look to the side like this, there are the members I love, and this scenery that our senpai have shown us.

(Female announcer: Takahashi Minami Soukantoku-san is giving her a pep talk!)

(Takamina: Yui ganbare!)

(Tokumitsu-san: Your close friends are yelling their support for you from the stands. I think this is your personality and your personal virtue. Now, pull yourself together, say your thanks to the people who voted 60,000 times for you. After that, talk about how you want to go forward with the group and team as Soukantoku. Got it? All right? Do you understand what I'm saying?)

Really, I can't believe it, 60,000 votes? Really, really, thank you all so much.

From now on, our generation will aim to see the scenery that our senpai have shown us up until now. After that, we will show our kouhai a wonderful scenery. I think it would be wonderful if AKB48 can continue from now for 5 years, 10 years, 15 years... about 100 years and become a big group, so together with these members in 48 Group, I want to do my best. I really can't do anything on my own, but with these members, I wonder if we'll be able to continue to see this scenery... and together with the fans who cheer for us, and their children and grandchildren, continuing to love AKB for 100 years... what am I saying?

(Tokumitsu-san: That was Yokoyama Yui.)

Last edited: Jun 7, 2015
  12. estrella

estrella Kenkyuusei

Thank you for translate the speech, this year the feeling after ssk was definitely very different, I really happy for Yui, congratulation to Yui and all her fans (including myself):awesome: , I still hope see more of Yui and I hope we can improve more next year, so in my case I will start to save money earlier lol :chuffed:.

13. aratafuru

aratafuru Kenkyuusei

Top 10 in all of 48G... such a great sounding rank. :D Now I wanna see a pic of Bisu inspecting Yui's new trophy. :XD:

14. Kairi65

Kairi65 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayui01
    you missed this after Tokumitsu-san --> Takamina: YOKOYAMA~!! (lols [hehe] )

just joking :p anyway, thanks for the translation!:XD:

15. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    I've been predicting Yuihan in Top 10 for two years, and ofc the year I don't, she finally makes it. Guess I need to keep underestimating her from now on so she can reach Kami 7? :lol:

Anyway, congrats Yuihan. This is a great confidence boost, everyone is behind you, you're going to be a good leader.

16. technosworld

technosworld Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    furuhatanao
    great, and interesting speech...I feel bad that Takamina has to cheer her on though...I hope everything will be alright once Takamina leaves :(

17. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Congratulations on a top ten finish! Do also have to agree about Takamina cheering on Yuihan, but you know - Yuihan is getting ready to succeed Takamina in 2016...

We'll keep supporting her as always!!!

18. GeoFreak

GeoFreak Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hayashimomoka
    Twitter:
    GeoFreak17
  19. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Yuihan has similarities with Takamina on work ethics but different on handling their leadership. Team K members did said that Yuihan is leading them with the same line of sight and props to Yuihan by changing the setlist for the Zenkoku Tour according to the wish of the members. she even debated with the staff to make it all happen.
    Rank 10th Yuihan. you deserve it for the hardwork you're putting for AKB48 sake. though I agree with Yuko and Takamina. you should think of yourself also.

20. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Tokumitsu-san is the MVP of Yui's speech lol