|Birthdate||July 10, 1991|
|Birthplace||Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan|
|Current Age||32 Years Old|
|Social Networks||Official Website / Instagram / Twitter / Threads|
|Idol Career Info|
|Former Team||Team A|
|Debuted||October 2005 / 1st Generation|
- 1 Catchphrase
- 2 Trivia
- 3 AKB48 Senbatsu Elections
- 4 AKB48 Janken Tournaments
- 5 Solo Singles
- 6 Solo Albums
- 7 Team History
- 8 Singles Participation
- 9 Albums Participation
- 10 Units
- 10.1 AKBIdoling!!!
- 10.2 Team Dragon from AKB48
- 10.3 Stage Units
- 10.4 Concert Units
- 10.4.1 AKB48 First Concert "Aitakatta ~Hashira wa Naize!~"
- 10.4.2 AKB48 Haru no Chotto dake Zenkoku Tour ~Madamada Daze AKB48!~
- 10.4.3 Live DVD wa Derudaroukedo, Yappari Iki ni Kagiruze! AKB48 Natsu Matsuri
- 10.4.4 AKB48 Masaka, Kono Concert no Ongen wa Ryuushutsushinai yo ne?
- 10.4.5 Nenwasure Kanshasai Shuffle Sumaze, AKB! SKE mo Yoroshiku ne
- 10.4.6 "Kami Kouen Yotei" AKB48 NHK Hall Concert 2009
- 10.4.7 AKB104 Senbatsu Members Sokaku Matsuri
- 10.4.8 Yokohama Arena 2010 'AKB48 Manseki Matsuri Kibou Sanpi Ryouron'
- 10.4.9 Surprise wa Arimasen
- 10.4.10 AKB48 Kouhaku Utagassen 2011
- 10.4.11 Gyomu Renraku. Tanomuzo, Katayama Bucho! in Saitama Super Arena
- 10.4.12 AKB48 in TOKYO DOME ~1830m no Yume~
- 10.4.13 Kojimatsuri ～Kojima Haruna Kanshasai～
- 11 Solo Songs
- 12 Photobooks
- 13 Books
- 14 Solo DVDs
- 15 Media Appearances
- 16 Gallery
- Konbanwa. Maeda Atsuko desu
- (Good evening. I'm Maeda Atsuko)
- Hobbies: Watching movies
- Favorite color: Black
- Favorite season: Summer, because of her birthday
- Favorite sport: Unicycle
- Favorite kind of sushi: Shellfish
- Favorite AKB48 song: Iiwake Maybe, Darui Kanji
- Favorite member: Takahashi Minami
- Good friends with: Takahashi Minami (AtsuMina), Minegishi Minami, Shinoda Mariko
- Future ambition: Actress
- She is a former member of MINT, the winner unit of the AmebaPigg Unit Battle
- She is a former member of Cooking Club and Driving Club
- She was named "Atsuko" because her grandfather wanted a grandchild with the kanji 敦 ("Atsu") in their name. If she had been born a boy, her name would have been "Atsushi".
- She has an older sister named Miyuki.
- She has a Guinea Pig named Shokora, a dog named Cocoa, and many other pets.
- The first time she became interested in being on TV was as a young child watching children's television programs "Ponkikki" and "Tensai TV-kun". Seeing other children on TV made her want to do it too, though she did not mention it to her parents.
- She was shy in junior high school and was afraid to be called on by teachers.
- She saw the poster to audition for AKB48 while walking with her mother. Her mother was skeptical of the poster, but knew of Akimoto Yasushi from his former group Onyanko Club. Atsuko was inspired by the poster's catchphrase, which called AKB48 a "place where you can leave the nest to pursue your dreams".
- She describes herself as having no talents. Fellow members described her as someone who you can't tell what they're thinking, to which she replied she's usually not thinking anything. Akimoto Yasushi described her as someone who is clumsy, genuine, and honest in her actions to the point of being misunderstood.
- Fans called her dance style and mannerisms "energy-saving", meaning that she gave the impression she was moving at a slow pace to conserve stamina.
- In July 2007, it was announced that she, Oshima Yuko, and Ono Erena would be all signed by the talent agency Ohta Pro. In December 2020, after 13 years, she left Ohta Pro. She is now a free agent.
- She was the second AKB48 member to debut as a soloist.
- She was the center for most of AKB48 singles until her graduation (22 out of 27 single A-sides she participated in).
- She was widely considered to be the most popular member and the face/ace of AKB48.
- Since the beginning of AKB48, she and Team A captain Takahashi Minami were at the forefront of the group, often sharing the first two sung lines of an A-side song.
- Her last appearance as a member of AKB48 was in Gingham Check's first PV and Yume no Kawa's PV. She later appeared in the music video of Kibouteki Refrain and Kimi wa Melody.
- She never had an official catchphrase. The reason was simply that she could not think of one, and several years later she realized she had still never come up with one.
- Akimoto Yasushi stated that he picked her to be the center of AKB48 because the group needed a center in order for the public to identify who was who. He called it the "Maeda Star-ization Plan". When Atsuko learned of this she cried fiercely, not wanting to do it.
- Togasaki Tomonobu believes Akimoto picked her because she wasn't the most center-like. He said "Oshima Yuko's charm is easy to understand, but everyone finds Maeda a mystery. If you compare it to dogs and cats, Maeda is like a cat, so she attracts people's interest."
- When she learned that she would be receiving a solo song in the Team A 2nd Stage she again cried fiercely, saying that she didn't want to stand out and felt guilty for the three girls who were her backup dancers.
- She later said that the Team A 2nd Stage was one of the hardest moments for Team A, and none of them like looking back on it.
- In 2007 she had her first solo magazine cover on the magazine "Big Comic Spirits".
- In 2010 she and her family moved from Chiba to Tokyo to reduce her commute time to AKB48 events.
- She greatly admires actress and singer Shibasaki Kou.
- Her audition song was Glitter by Shibasaki Kou. Coincidentally, this was also Miyazawa Sae's audition song.
- The first CD she ever bought was LOVE Machine by Morning Musume.
- She is a big eater. During her time in AKB48, she was known to sometimes eat up to four bento lunches.
- She was known for being one of the most fashionable members of AKB48.
- She wears glasses, but only when at home. Otherwise she wears contact lenses.
- She says she's bad at enunciation, so she practices by just saying vowels.
- She is left-handed. However, she can write using her right hand.
- She is not good at studying or athletics. She ranked 5th to last in both the Shukan AKB Academics Test and Physical Fitness test.
- In 2010 she said that if she wasn't an idol, she would probably have worked part-time at a convenience store while trying to decide her future career path.
- She is a fan of the baseball team Yomiuri Giants.
- She is a fan of K-Pop group TVXQ.
- She loves the book and movie series "Twilight". She met Robert Pattinson, who plays Edward Cullen in the movie series, on an episode of AKBINGO!. In her graduation special episode she recalled it was her happiest moment on the show.
- Her favorite shoujo manga is Kimi ni Todoke, while her favorite shonen manga is One Piece.
- Her favorite Dragon Ball Z character is Son Gohan.
- As seen on AKB 1ji 59fun!, she, along with Takahashi Minami, can't skip properly.
- Her first “appearance” on AKB 1ji 59fun! was in Episode 1, where she appeared as a life-sized cardboard cut-out with a sash that read: "on leave, filming for a drama" (ドラマ収録のため欠席, Dorama shuuroku no tame kesseki).
- She can't stand spicy food. In the second episode of AKBINGO! she had to retire from the episode after eating a spicy chicken wing. It was too hot for her and she ended up crying in pain.
- She was the only "victim" in AKBINGO!'s AKRangers segment to be covered in flour twice.
- She donated 1.25 million yen for charity to Green Cross International in 2009.
- She said in an interview and in her blog that if she didn't find a partner in the future, she'd want Takahashi Minami to live with her.
- According to Akimoto Yasushi, she rarely responded to his text messages- even if his message was answering a question she had asked.
- She made a cameo appearance in Nogizaka46‘s Aitakatta Kamoshirenai PV, briefly encountering Ikoma Rina who played the same role that Atsuko played in AKB48’s Aitakatta PV. This made Atsuko the first AKB member to work with Nogizaka46 in a music video.
- She married actor Katsuji Ryo on July 30, 2018.
- On March 4, 2019, she gave birth to a baby boy.
- On April 23rd, 2021, she announced and finalized her divorce from Katsuji Ryo.
- She appeared in a photo exhibition in March 2021 alongside Oshima Yuko and many other celebrities.
- She was highly praised by publications around the world for her role in movie To The Ends of the Earth and was even named the 3rd best acting performance of the year by American publication The Film Stage.
AKB48 Senbatsu Elections
- 1st Senbatsu Election - #1 (Center) (Kami 7)
- 2nd Senbatsu Election - #2 (Media Senbatsu) (Kami 7)
- 3rd Senbatsu Election - #1 (Center) (Kami 7)
- 4th Senbatsu Election - Didn't Participate
- 5th Senbatsu Election - Didn't Participate
AKB48 Janken Tournaments
- 1st Janken Taikai - #15 (Lost to Kobayashi Kana)
- 2nd Janken Taikai - Round 2 (Lost to Akimoto Sayaka)
|02|| Kimi wa Boku da
|03|| Time Machine Nante Iranai
|04|| Seventh Chord
- Team A → Graduation
- Seventeen (SET LIST ~Greatest Songs~ Kanzen ban)
- Anata ga Ite Kureta kara (SET LIST ~Greatest Songs~ Kanzen ban)
- Baby! Baby! Baby! 2010 (Kamikyokutachi)
- Kimi to Niji to Taiyou to (Kamikyokutachi) (Center)
- Shoujotachi yo (Koko ni Ita koto) (WCenter with Takahashi Minami)
- Overtake (Koko ni Ita koto) (WCenter with Takahashi Minami)
- Kimi to Boku no Kankei (Koko ni Ita koto) (Duet with Itano Tomomi)
- Koko ni Ita koto (Koko ni Ita koto)
- First Rabbit (1830m) (WCenter with Oshima Yuko)
- Hate (1830m)
- Omoide no Hotondo (1830m) (Duet with Takahashi Minami)
- Daiji na Jikan (1830m) (Center)
- Guu Guu Onaka (1830m) (Center)
- Itterasshai (1830m)
- Aozora yo Sabishikunai ka? (1830m)
- Sakura no Hanabira ~Maeda Atsuko solo ver.~ (1830m) (Solo)
Team Dragon from AKB48
- A2 (Aitakatta)
- Team Surprise 1st Stage (Juuryoku Sympathy)
- Omoidasu Tabi ni Tsuraku Naru
- Heart no Vector
- 7ji 12fun no Hatsukoi
- Hajimete no Jelly Beans
- Nagisa no CHERRY
- Kuroi Tenshi
- Idol Nante Yobanaide
- Kimi wa Boku da
- [2009.01.23] Hai. (はいっ。)
- [2010.02.25] Acchan (あっちゃん)
- [2010.04.26] Maeda Atsuko (前田敦子)
- [2010.06.07] ATSUKO
- [2012.03.16] Bukiyou (不器用)
- [2012.08.24] Maeda Atsuko AKB48 Sotsugyo Kinen Photo Book "Acchan" (Kodansha Mook) (あっちゃん)
- Maeda Atsuko's Movie Notebook (前田敦子の映画手帖) (2015)
- Photo Essay (Title To Be Announced) (2021)
- [2009.02.14] Muboubi (無防備)
- 2011: Voce Beauty Awards 2011 Best Cosmetics Grand Prix - The Best Beauty of the Year
- 2012: 35th Japan Academy Awards - Popularity Award - Actor/Actress for "Moshidora"
- 2012: 21st Japan Movie Critics Circle - Best Newcomer for "Moshidora"
- 2012: Japan's Foreign Film Importers and Distributers Association - Foreign Cinema’s Best Supporter
- 2012: 4th Tama Film Awards - Best New and Upcoming Actress for "Kueki Ressha"
- 2012: Vogue Japan Women of the Year
- 2013: 22nd Japanese Film Professional Awards - Best Actress for "Kueki Ressha"
- How to Become Myself (あしたの私のつくり方) (2007) - Hanada Hinako
- The Suicide Song (伝染歌) (2007)
- Nasu Shounenki (那須少年記) (2008) - Sasahara Megumi
- Drucker in the Dug-Out (Moshidora) (もし高校野球の女子マネージャーがドラッカーの『マネジメント』を読んだら) (2011) - Kawashima Minami
- The Drudgery Train (苦役列車) (2012) - Sakurai Yasuko
- The Complex (クロユリ団地) (2013) - Ninomiya Asuka
- Tamako in Moratorium (もらとりあむタマ子 Moratoriamu Tamako) (2013) - Sakai Tamako
- Pikachu and Eevee Friends (2013) - Narrator
- Seventh Code (2014) - Akiko
- Eight Ranger 2 (2014) - Saigo Jun (weekly magazine reporter)
- As the Gods Will (神さまの言うとおり) (2014) - Maneki-Neko (Voice)
- Kabukicho Love Hotel (さよなら歌舞伎町) (2015) - Saya
- Initiation Love (イニシエーション・ラブ) (2015) - Mayu
- The Mohican Comes Home (モヒカン故郷に帰る) (2016) - Yuka
- Shin Godzilla (シン・ゴジラ) (2016) - Refugee
- Mukoku (武曲 MUKOKU) (2017) - Kazuno
- Before We Vanish (散歩する侵略者) (2017) - Kase Asumi
- The Last Shot in the Bar (探偵はBARにいる3) (2017) - Suwa Reiko
- Dynamite Graffiti (素敵なダイナマイトスキャンダル) (2018) - Makiko
- Flea-picking Samurai (のみとり侍) (2018) - Ochie
- Eating Women (食べる女) (2018) - Shirako Tamiko
- Masquerade Hotel (マスカレード・ホテル) (2019) - Takayama Keiko
- The Confidence Man JP: The Movie (コンフィデンスマンJP the movie) (2019) - Suzuki-san
- Almost a Miracle (町田くんの世界) (2019) - Sakae Rira
- To The Ends of The Earth (旅のおわり世界のはじまり) (2019) - Yoko
- The Master of Funerals (葬式の名人) (2019) - Watanabe Yukiko
- The Confidence Man JP: Episode of the Princess (コンフィデンスマンJP プリンセス編) (2020) - Suzuki-san
- Caution, Hazardous Wife: The Movie (奥様は、取り扱い注意) (2021) - Saegusa Reiko
- Remain in Twilight (くれなずめ) (2021) - Mikie
- DIVOC-12 (2021) - Toko
- Motto Chouetsu Shita Tokoro e. (もっと超越した所へ。) (2022) - Machiko
- Convenience Story (コンビニエンス ストーリー) (2022) - Keiko
- Sobakasu (そばかす) (2022) - Yonaga Maho
- Soshite Boku wa Tohou ni Kureru (そして僕は途方に暮れる) (2023) - Suzuki Satomi
- Atsui Munasawagi (あつい胸さわぎ) (2023) - Hanauchi Touko
- Love Will Tear Us Apart (2023) - Yasukawa Kaori
- Woman Talking: Watashitachi no Sentaku (ウーマン・トーキング 私たちの選択) (2023)
- TONOMURA (トノムラ) (2023) - Short Film)
- Dragnet Girl (非常線の女, Hijousen no Onna) (2023) - Tokiko - (Remake of 1933 silent movie)
- Swan no Baka! (スワンの馬鹿!) (2007)
- Shiori to Shimiko no Kaiki Jikenbo (栞と紙魚子の怪奇事件簿) (2008)
- Taiyou to Umi no Kyoushitsu (太陽と海の教室) (2008)
- Majisuka Gakuen (マジスカ学園) (2010)
- Ryomaden (2010)
- Q10 (2010)
- Sakura Kara no Tegami (桜からの手紙) (2011)
- Hanazakari no Kimitachi e〜 Ikemen☆ Paradise〜 (花ざかりの君たちへ〜イケメン☆パラダイス〜) (2011)
- Majisuka Gakuen 2 (マジスカ学園2) (2011)
- Saikou no Jinsei no Owarikata ~Ending Planner~ (2012) - Ihara Haruka
- Ghostly Girl | Kasuka na Kanojo (幽かな彼女) (2013) - Kawai Chiho
- Asakiyumemishi (2013)
- Nobunaga Concerto (信長協奏曲) (2014) - Oharu
- Kageri Yuku Natsu (翳りゆく夏) (2015)
- Dokonjo Gaeru (ど根性ガエル) (2015)
- Majisuka Gakuen 5 (マジスカ学園 5) (2015)
- Yuriko's Barenaked Diary (毒島ゆり子のせきらら日記) (2016)
- Gou Gou, the Cat 2: Good Good The Fortune (グーグーだって猫である2 -good good the fortune cat-) (2016) - Iida
- A Family Goes Job Hunting (就活家族～きっと、うまくいく～) (2017) - Tomikawa Shiori
- Inspector Zenigata: Crimson Investigation Files ( 銭形警部 真紅の捜査ファイル) (2017) - Sakuraba Natsuki
- Izakaya Fuji (居酒屋ふじ) (2017)
- The Public Enemy (民衆の敵) (2017) - Koike Mia
- Bye Bye Blackbird (バイバイ、ブラックバード) (2018)
- The Confidence Man JP (2018)
- The Legendary Mother (伝説のお母さん) (2020) - Mei
- Ichikei no Karasu (イチケイのカラス) (2021)
- The Parallel World of Noodles and Chihiro (麺と千尋の並行世界, Men to Chihiro no Heikou Sekai) (2021)
- Anata ni Kikasetai Uta ga Arunda (あなたに聴かせたい歌があるんだ) (2022)
- Utsobora (ウツボラ) (2023) - Aki Fujino & Sakura Miki (identical twins)
- Kashimashi Meshi (かしましめし) (2023)
- Ikukyuu Deka (育休刑事) (2023) - Yoshino Ryoko
- Kanojotachi no Hanzai (彼女たちの犯罪) (2023) - Jinno Yukari
- Kisetsu no nai Machi (季節のない街) (2023) - Sawakami Misaki
- AKB 1ji 59fun!
- AKB 0ji 59fun!
- Shukan AKB
- AKB MOTOR CLUB
- AKB48 Nemousu Terebi (Season 3/4)
- Pop UP! (ポップＵＰ！) (2022)
- Taiyou 2068 (太陽2068) (2014) - Ikuta Yui
- Aoi Hitomi (青い瞳) (2015) - Michiru
- LOVE LETTERS (2016) - Melissa
- Soshite Boku wa Tohou ni Kureru (そして僕は途方に暮れる) (2018) - Suzuki Satomi
- Pandora's Bell (パンドラの鐘, Pandora no Kane) (2022)
- Yoru no Onnatachi (夜の女たち) (2022)
Maeda Atsuko after her graduation (2013)
Maeda Atsuko's graduation in Tokyo Dome (2012)
Maeda Atsuko (2012)
Maeda Atsuko (2011)
Maeda Atsuko, winner of the 3rd Senbatsu Election (2011)
Maeda Atsuko (Late 2010)
Maeda Atsuko (Early 2010)
Maeda Atsuko (2009)
Maeda Atsuko, winner of the 1st Senbatsu Election (2009)
Maeda Atsuko (Late 2008)
Maeda Atsuko (Early 2008)
Maeda Atsuko (Late 2007)
Maeda Atsuko (Early 2007)
Maeda Atsuko (Late 2006)
Maeda Atsuko (Early 2006)