Event / Concert AKB48 49th Single Senbatsu Sousenkyo (17/06/17)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Mar 20, 2017.

1. OshimaYuko

OshimaYuko Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    It's pretty damning that an organisation like AKS doesn't have a back up plan beyond holding the SSK results in a local office block.

Though it's disappointing that the concert has been cancelled, I think the worst part is that the atmosphere is going to be completely deflated.

2. sortilege

sortilege Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagi yuki
    I can't even believe how much of a mess this turned into. I feel so bad for the fans and the girls. Above all else, it's the most disappointing to me that the group members won't all be in the same place and won't get any (?) live fan reaction. I can sort-of understand not having a back up for the concert and needing to cancel it, but to not even have a venue where they can put all the girls and fans so they can at least do the ranking announcements with some semblance of normalcy is so bizarre to me.
    If there's something I'm not understanding/missing about what's happening, please do let me know (lol actually please just tell me this whole thing is a prank)

3. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
  4. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

You can hold an outdoor event during rain, just ask anyone that attends the Glastonbury festival, you just can't hold an event during torrential rain and lightning. The weather isn't something that's completely predictable, AKB has only had to cancel what, 1 and a half concerts in 10 years.

5. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

6. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    welp better than nothing. Ask the management they are the pros lol

NHK news

8e2cf773-s.jpg ec35a649-s.jpg d503667d-s.jpg 79aedf01-s.jpg ec3fa9f5-s.jpg

Twitter tweet trends

f6934671-s.jpg

7. Rem

Rem Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    saitoasuka
    They could have at least gotten all the girls into one place. Announcing the results just like the preliminaries (with the audience-less speeches too) is going to be weird as hell.

8. onego123

onego123 Member

Let me find out that Yuki's there too. :shifty:

9. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    One more point (read: drama) for AKB's history (and documentary).

I hope there are things that could bring up the tension..

10. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

this SSK is such a mess...
    no SSK museum, controversy of faulty voting system (x2), cancellation of SSK concert...

but hey, there is a good thing in it as well - at least we won't hear the words "lovely scenery" in members' speeches))

11. Kappa

Kappa Kenkyuusei

Why didn't all the members go to Okinawa? The backup venue isn't big enough for them??

12. James Torralba

James Torralba Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yokoyama Yui_T8
    but the free tickets doesn't really equate the money you invested in the event (plane, accomodation, pocket money).. plus the experience of cheering for your oshi who ranked.. wah poor eventgoers, all their hard earned money all down the drain because of mismanagement and poor planning... especially the international fans who went there, if there were any..

13. AnToNa

AnToNa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    I'm not gonna lie, that was the first thing that came out to my mind when the cancellation was announced.

14. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

It was already the central story of the 2014 docu lol

if the video does not show watch the video here

I think the only way they can "clean" their image after this is do a bunch of free events or something (like NMB did in the Kyocera Dome). And no, not a Sports Festival.

I wonder if the girls who haven't arrived at Okinawa will just be at their own theatres like it was the preliminaries or something.

15. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    This will go down in 48G history as "The Okinawa disaster of 2017"

well Bad Boys will be on the Niconico stream
    http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv299499046

16. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    I do agree to an argument that AKS officers who suggested Okinawa to be place where this year sousenkyo is held to take responsibility of this.

In case you don't know, senbatsu members of this year JKT48 sousenkyo are in Japan now. Beside they were about to watch sousenkyo & the concert, they're about filming MV of their latest single, Suzukake Nanchara. Actually the filming was supposed to be on May before Ramadhan but it got postponed due to one of member was ill.

17. MidoriHime

MidoriHime Member

Backup venue aka, something management only put together a few days ago ;p

Flights - why waste time and money flying there (for no fans) when you could save that time and money? Girls could stay home or go to their theatre, spend the extra time blogging or show rooming instead, and management saves it's moolah. You can't send all the members at once due to work commitments, school and just generally clogging up Okinawa's transport system (imagine all members arriving at the airport at a similar time... even on the same day it'd be hell and wotas would be everywhere!)

Plus, it's just one more way to make a mess of this event and adds more drama for the documentary (some girls not being in the real location when they're announced, can't share joy with their friends etc).

18. Kappa

Kappa Kenkyuusei

New venue is 786 seating capacity. The girls originally planned to go to Okinawa for SSK. There is no scheduling conflicts. The management is just started canceling trips for members.

They are still planning to broadcast this on TV. Least they could do is show girls accepting trophy and letting them give their speech. Who the hell would want to watch some guy just reading the rankings out loud?

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  19. VincentS

VincentS Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shitaomiu
    Imo with how important SSK is, any decent organization would cancel and reschedule, money loss be damned.
    Their Plan B is unacceptable..

• Like Like x 1
  20. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    oh and btw Bunshun release on the member's scandal is still on schedule :rolleyes:

Just heads up