TV / Radio Majisuka Gakuen 5 (2015/08/24 - 2015/10/27)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Togasaki, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Aurumm Aurora

Aurumm Aurora Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    I won't compare every character's fighting skill here, I just wanna tell my favorite characters and why I love them based on their fighting skill.

1. Salt (Calm, Effective) --> MG4, Episode 8 and 10. MG5, Episode 1.
    2. Otabe (Smart, Elegant) --> MG2, Episode 1
    3. Nezumi (Simple, Tricky) --> MG2, Episode 1
    4. Yoga (Calm, Beautiful) --> MG4, Episode 3. MG5, Episode 4.
    5. Maeda (Powerful, Skillful) MG1, Episode 1,2,3,4,5,6,8,9,10,11.

2. ScandalAgeman

ScandalAgeman Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    season 1,2,3 (30 minutes)
    season 4 (23 minutes)
    season 5 (30 minutes)

3. Sae Chan

Sae Chan Member

Member of The Institute for Miyazawa Sae Worship
    Oshimen:
    Miyazawa Sae
    Twitter:
    SaeChanOshi33
    MG5 is awsome! I can't believe they had sevral lines just on Nyan Nyan

4. evile1690

evile1690 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Twitter:
    evile1690
    About Nyan, wasn't there a mix-up in MJ4 wherein Karen & Chiyori referred to Torigoya as Kojiharu-paisen?
    I don't believe she was ever referred to as Kojiharu in the series [hehe]

5. eternalord

eternalord Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kubo Shiori
    I believe Torigoya and Kojiharu are different characters, just like Minamis. Not only referred by Karen and Chiyori in MG4, they also referred Kojiharu in MG5; the scene in epi 1 where the detective visited yakuza lair, he commented about Kojiharu's graduation (lol) after seeing her photobook.

6. evile1690

evile1690 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Twitter:
    evile1690
    @eternalord yes I know that [hehe] I was just pointing out that they made a mistake to refer to Torigoya as Kojiharu in MJ4. The one discussed in MJ5 is of course Kojiharu the idol.

7. The Seventh

The Seventh Kenkyuusei

Yeah no. Majisuka Gakuen character names are just their nicknames right? Maeda Atsuko and Yuko are among the few who use their actual names. On their school ID's their real names are written.

Its been a few years since MG2 where Torigoya was working in a massage parlor. Its not unlikely storywise that she got scouted while working and became a gravure Idol hence her popularity. She might even be a JAV idol in the story because of the "Place" she was looking for in MG4. (Just a theory)

8. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

another week another episode ......random thought

- Team Hinabe got guts to stand up to Yabakune....too bad they are not strong enough to pull a W

- looks like Juri is the strongest one among Team Hinabe coz she went down last.

- Haruppi showed up at Majijo but kinda disappointed coz she didnt fight Sakura til NEXT week...decent screen-time for her.

- as predicted from last week, Antonio try to pull a suicide mission but she failed short...then the lawyer guys light it up and Kaboom.(he seems to be working with the Chinese mob)

- looks like Takamina will show her swordsmanship next week ......Stay alive Minami !!!

- Sakura looks lost and confused in this episode.....

- kill count is up to 4 now....

Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
  9. hugoa

hugoa Kenkyuusei

OK.
    I love the direction and camera work. It's really good.
    I love the acting from the dirty cop. The guy does such a good job putting forward the image of a despicable character. Really good.

Something tells me this season is going to suffer from a over-engineered script. This is episode 5 and they still are adding new characters to the plot. Usually when this happens japanese dramas have the tendency to leaving many loose ends and to rush things. A good example here has "Center" and "Antonio" scenes. There was no need to show Center if they wanted to "remove" her in the next episode like she was nothing. The biggest fighter in season two came back just to lose? And like it was nothing?
    Antonio's part was even worst. What in hell could they be thinking when writing that scene? Is Antonio that stupid? Who in hell would show the explosives from a distance and only then move closer? Of course that would give her target time to escape or shoot her. Not to mention, "Why would they shoot her instead of just driving away?".
    Next week we will have the same situation. The "greatest sword fighter" is going to lose in her first battle. Why making her such a "great fighter" just to have her lose right after? I'm afraid things won't end here.

Don't get me wrong, to me, a plot is always better than no plot, and until now, this still remains my favorite season so far.

10. Thumbster

Thumbster Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    azumarion
    how can i sleep after watched that episode? 0 0

11. Under The Ribbon

Under The Ribbon Member

@hugoa

I don't know why you think the "dirty cop" is the bad guy here. While it's true he's flaming things on a little bit, but he's hardly the actual cause of any of the conflicts. If anything, he's doing them a favor by pointing them to the actual guilty party ("accidentally"). I also appreciate him pointing out the absurdness of the yakuza actually going to war with high school girls. Unfortunately for him, the yakuzas are just that stupid to treat the girls as an actual threat.

Every character on this show is beyond stupid. I love how onion guy murders his daughter's close friend to trick her school into going to war with the yakuza... and then wishes his daughter will stay out of it.

Apparently Sakura took the gun by force by beating up those armed Chinese thugs while completely unarmed and outnumbered, in their territory. Like, oh wow, if you're gonna pull a stunt like that, why not just do it to the actual yakuza guys you're after? Now you dragged more armed thugs into this mess. It's not like the Chinese guys didn't know who she was either, since they gave their boss a detailed report of her conflict with the Dragon Head gang. Chinese guys sure do their research on JK/yakuza affairs.

It's interesting how Haruppi completely lost her lisp. But I'm sick and tired of the "crazy Gekikara laugh" characters already. Fuuchan is enough.

12. Kawaki Otsutsuki

Kawaki Otsutsuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    [/SPOILER] so the Chinese boys have been after the yakuza the whole time it seems and now takamina is going to take up her sword against the Chinese gangsters I don't know if im seeing this right and I wasn't expecting Antonio to go out like that on a suicide bomber mission that was jaw dropping and as far as the underlings at majijo they should probably stop fighting because they obviously cant beat anybody and the way yoga got manhandled by katsuzetsu was just like embarrassing I guess katsuzetsu is pretty strong even otabe didn't want to cross fist with her now im wondering if sakura wil fight katsuzetsu to claim the top spot

13. hugoa

hugoa Kenkyuusei

I believe you misunderstood my post.
    I don't think the dirty cop is guilty of anything beyond being dirty (getting paid to look the other way) and wishing for a full war to start. What I said is that I love the actor's representation of a dirty cop, nothing else.

But in reality, I have to say that all my theories for who was behind the events went out of the window with today's episode:^^;:. Today, I can honestly say that I have no idea of what it's going on.o_Oo_O

14. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

Center .....

when Team Hinabe went to the Rappapa room, they asked Katsuzetsu where is Center and she said she is in the hospital due to few broken ribs.
    I dont know if Katsuzetsu was telling the truth ....so in case anyone was wondering where is Center.......sound like Katsuzetsu defeated Center.

15. ScandalAgeman

ScandalAgeman Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    She is from previous Sakura school. Now I get why she wearing old majijo seifuku ^^ she defeated Center. Now she's wearing Center seifuku as a trophy.
    They made Yoga / Magic look like a fool kinda make me remember MG1 rappapa weaklings.

16. Kawaki Otsutsuki

Kawaki Otsutsuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    ok so it looks like this is going to be a 3 way war chinese gangsters vs yakuza vs yankees unless someone joins forces to take out the other now who's going to die avenging antonio ?i assume sakura will go out revenge for antonio but i doubt she'll die so and also will majijo also geki eventually team up ?or will they continue fighting ?seems like a cluster f**k of enemies

17. Under The Ribbon

Under The Ribbon Member

^Onion guy isn't yakuza. He runs illegal businesses but he's an enemy of the yakuzas.

It's likely the Chinese guys were working with Onion inc. somehow. When the dirty cop "accidentally" mentioned the name of Onion dude's organization, the lawyer was like, "Whoa there, careful what you say." So if the lawyer's with the Chinese guys, it's likely they were also allies with Onion guy.

It can also be assumed that the Chinese guys were trying to bring down the yakuza even before Sakura's silly little stunt. Since they had the lawyer/mad bomber ready to go.

The cop probably knew this already, which is why he was hinting at a bigger war. He also found out they were gonna go after Sakura a bit way too fast, so he probably was watching them all along.

And yeah. We knew Antonio was gonna die a stupid death 2 episodes ago, so there was little shock here. But can I just say... setting up that roadblock, and making it sure it was just the right time to stop the yakuza boss' car... how much planning went into that!? And with all that, her final brilliant move was to run at the car with a stick of dynamite... with the fuse not even lit!

18. eternalord

eternalord Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kubo Shiori
    Things escalated quickly with the Chinese triads (?). Let's see the chain reaction, how it's creating bigger shitstorm:
    - Initial problem was among Ryuutou gumi (yakuza) and Gekioko Antonio. Salt saved her.
    ((Yakuza was angry with Majisuka, Gekioko was angry with Yakuza))
    - Salt was killed by unknown, leaving impression that Yakuza killed her.
    ((Majisuka and Gekioko were angry with Yakuza))
    - Sakura recklessly attacked, Bakamono tried to avenge. Bakamono was killed by Akechi Sougyou (Yoshimune's right hand man).
    - Kobii attacked catatonic scarface Jiyama. Both of them died.
    ((Yankee vs Yakuza war ensued))
    - Sakura robbed herself a gun from Chinese triad.
    ((Triad was angry at Majisuka))
    - Otabe found out that her father Yoshimune is behind the scene. She told Sakura.
    ((Majisuka was angry with Akechi Sougyou))
    - Wacko detective Nirasawa told Ryuutou gumi that Akechi Sougyou is plotting things.
    ((Yakuza was getting wary of Akechi Sougyou))
    - Antonio tried to avenge both Kobii and Salt. Died in the process, along with Ryuutou gumi head Kawamori who was betrayed by a spy from Triad. It left impression that Akechi Sougyou did it.
    ((Upon hearing the news, Minami and yakuza was angry with Akechi Sougyou))

(
    I intentionally left out Yabakune because at this point their feud with Majisuka and Gekioko is still too small on scale, not yet giving impact to story.)
    Next week we'll see Minami die avenging the yakuza head Kawamori (to wrong enemy). Sakura vs Katsuzetsu. Which faction will be triggered after that, we have yet to see.

Rants:
    - Antonio has become an idiot this time. Everything is just so wrong. But good death scene though, I winced at that headshot.
    - Center is defeated? Yoga and Magic one hit KO? Yet next week she will be equal with Sakura? This is why 'who is stronger' debate is useless, they can just adjust it to appeal the story.

19. Doodleboy

Doodleboy Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    A little off topic but i just finished watching MG2. It was MUCH WORSE than the first season. Why did they make Shibuya the main antagonist? She was the rappapa queen i cared least about and her portrayal in the second season did not change my opinion on her at all. How did she even return to school when she graduated from high school already? Why are Oshima's sisters still in high school when their sister, who is of the same age, graduated despite being out of school for most of the series due to sick leave? Why did they change Gekikara's personality? Why was Nachu gone from school the entire season just because she was "training"? How does Atsuko fighting criminals find a reason for the blooming of sakura petals (or the meaning of life)? Why was she even eating those petals in the first place? Why did she abandon Minami for Yuko? What reason did they have for making Black a mother? How was Maeda able to get in contact with Otabe when they not only transferred schools, but weren't even friends to begin with? Lastly, WHO WAS THE MAIN CHARACTER???

If Gekikara and Shibuya swapped roles, then it would've been a much better season. I might have actually cared for Shibuya had she been the one who got stabbed and I would've loved a sadistic Gekikara being the one taking over Yabakune and challenging Atsuko to a rematch. That would've been epic. Instead, we got a pile of poop that made no sense at all.

20. nathan_drake

nathan_drake Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    so Haruppi beat Center/Jurina??
    I think Haruppi character similiar with Center in MG2. they wants to take the top but at the wrong time lol. in MG2 they focus on the fight against yabakune and this season.MG5, they focus to revenge the death of Salt.