Potential NMB Subbing Project

Discussion in 'General NMB48 Discussion' started by Smilodon, Apr 22, 2014.

1. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    ^ Now I'll be disappointed if Yuuri doesn't say that next time she shows up on YNN :D

2. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    Third person references are one of my biggest pet peeves in the idol world. I'm not even sure if it's different in Japanese, but I certainly apply the English connotations of it. :lol:

Anyway, I'm hoping to at least finish timing half of the Geinin movie by the end of the weekend. I'll be uploading it sometime around Sunday with very rough translations that will need checking, and there's quite a few parts already where I can't grasp what they're saying. I'll definitely need help for this one.

3. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    If its fully timed, I wouldn't mind helping out.

4. Under The Ribbon

Under The Ribbon Member

Yeah it's a great project to collaborate on. Let us know how the timing is going. It sounds like you're crazy fast with it though.

I think people's judgment with the word choices can be trusted, since everyone's forum posts seem legible enough. If people see anything outstanding we can fix it.

5. KinoEhita

KinoEhita Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shibuyanagisa
    hello guys~~~~~~
    i am kino :drool: i am a rouge timer :whistle:
    just wonder if you guys need a part timer timer for your project

6. Snowman81

Snowman81 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    xSnowman81
    Totally agree with you on this one. When someone like Dasu does this, it drive me up a wall. :wall:

I'm with everyone on leaving some words untranslated. I always have trouble with phrases like "yoroshiku onegaishimasu" and its variants because it sounds funny when you try to translate it literally. I usually just leave it untranslated or won't even time that line.

I'm also a big fan of translator notes, especially in references to people, culture, inside jokes, etc . Whether they're embedded in the sub file or posted to a blog, I think they can be pretty helpful.

7. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    Posted in the group regarding how I want the Geinin Movie project to proceed. I think if it's just me and zeroshiki we should be fine for the timing/translation, then we can get some of you fellas to QC.

Not sure how I'll handle encoding. I may have to have my brother upload my DVD rip from school or something because I don't think the movie is available on torrent yet.

8. Under The Ribbon

Under The Ribbon Member

@KinoEhita Helpers are always welcome as we might end up biting off more than we can chew. We'll send you a group invite and you can see things people need help on.

@Snowman81 I've had to add translator's notes for a few things already. First there's the dajares that Milky decided to spam out of nowhere, then there's stuff like Keicchi adding -peanuts to everything and Miru adding -roma.

9. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    I didn't add translator's notes to the B2 kids doing Renapyon monomane since, by god, you should know how Renpayon talks if you're any kind of NMB fan.[hehe]

@KinoEhita Welcome! We're more than happy to welcome people here. Send me your e-mail through PM (preferably gmail) and I'll add you to the group.

10. Half

Half Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    Twitter:
    HalfAssedSubs
    I'm just dropping by to vouch for @lotsheep and @KinoEhita. Lotsheep is a great translator and Kino is an excellent timer. :)
    Wish you guys luck in the project!

11. KinoEhita

KinoEhita Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shibuyanagisa
    :^^;: @Half LOL

thanks guys hope i can contribute something to this fansub :cute: but still kinda new on this forum and google group thing if i mess up sorry :worthy:

12. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    We're all new to this actually so no worries. If you have any project you'd like to do, tell us. We're very open to suggestions and I'm sure we could get someone to translate whatever it is you'd be timing.

13. KinoEhita

KinoEhita Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shibuyanagisa
    :^^;: don't have anything in mind just doing some pv :hehe: if got anything for me tag me :cry2:

14. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    @KinoEhita Yeah, come work on the Geinin movie project.

15. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    If we're going through with Geinin then I think it would be a great "intro" project for us to make a splash and then we can do the small releases at our pace. If we all work on it, I guess it won't take that much time.

16. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Hey @naruse are you still game with helping out with encoding/distribution? If you are, could you drop me a line since we're looking to get this going eventually.