Movie / DVD AKB ga Ippai ~the best music videos~ 6/24

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by loveandcoffee, May 26, 2011.

1. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    If you have the television for it (eg 34"+ HDTV), then yes, it is better, especially if a lot of detail is being shown on screen (eg closeups of faces), there's much more detail in the picture, it's wonderful. If you watch a BR then go back to a DVD you'll think it's all blurry and smudgy and crap [hehe]

These are a couple of crappy taking-photo-of-TV-screen comparisons I did ages ago of the first AKB concerts, DVD vs BR-
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If I actually got off my butt and got some BR software for my computer then I could take much better comparisons... [hehe] oh well...

2. Zakarum

Zakarum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Yay, I just ordered the DVD set, bluray would be nice, but I don't know about the regiolock. It would suck greatly to spend 60 bucks and than not be able to watch the Pv's.

3. naruse

naruse Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    naruse48
    ^ You can always :pirate: the bluray rips , as long as you have already done your part

4. Zomb0id

Zomb0id Kenkyuusei

I took the plunge and preordered the Blu-Ray version, hopefully CDJ is right stating that it's codefree..... But it's just too good to be true, AKB PVs in BR quality and Beginner original version!! I couldn't decide which preorder bonus to get, the shitajiki or the clear folder, but then I opted for CDJ because then I can order it together with the new Dir en grey album and get a bonus poster yay :inlove: But those shipping charges will kill me one day....orz

5. loveandcoffee

loveandcoffee Kenkyuusei

^
    AKB and Dir en Grey... strange combo. [hehe]
    Most of the Dir en Grey/hard rock/visual rock fans I know wouldn't touch AKB with a three metre pole.

6. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

Bought it on BluRay like a boss [cool]

Now I have to convince my parents to buy a Bluray player [hehe]

7. deimos9

deimos9 Kenkyuusei

I wonder is this what they were secretly saving the Original ver Beginner for [wonder]
    The demand for that PV alone will make for some good sales.

Coupled my Blu ray with my copy of the album for June. This release was perfect timing for me.
    I just started going back and watching AKB's whole videography.

8. ginaRAWR

ginaRAWR Kenkyuusei

Thanks and everything but that wasn't the question I asked. I asked if the PS3 is region-locked for Blu-ray not which country has what region code XD Turns out it is locked for BD's anyway after searching so I'll be getting the DVD.

9. Kay

Kay Kenkyuusei

I would and I'm ordering both~ :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

Kay

10. Zomb0id

Zomb0id Kenkyuusei

^
    ^
    But the BR is supposedly code-free, so no problem there right? I hope so anyway, because I have a German PS3... oh and welcome to the dark side ginaRAWR, I recognize you from H!O :)
    @loveandcoffee: Lol I know but I've been a H!P and Dir en grey (and Mucc,Merry and so on) fan for years and an AKB fan for about a year now and it's a great mix :D I dunno I just like to have different music to listen to, depending on the mood I'm in.

11. meimei

meimei Kenkyuusei

I just ordered first press from HMV! So excited for this one :D

I ordered DVD version by the way ^^ Can't afford to pay for the bluray version and everything else ^^

12. hikki

hikki Kenkyuusei

Ordered from mu-mo... along with a French Kiss calendar...

Pretty excited; seen some of their latest PVs in HD, and it looks amazing if you have a 120Hz or higher TV.

I just wish regular Japanese TV would film in a format that takes advantage of it... most of their CMs do... just not the TV shows.

13. kurotori

kurotori Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyazawasae
    I actually already have a bluray player! I haven't ordered this yet, but will do it soon :)
    I'm glad Norway/Europe has the same code as Japan, I don't have to think about not being able to play it.

I love watching PV's on tv :inlove:

14. Issen

Issen Kenkyuusei

I guess my PS3 is going to be useful, haven't turned it on for 10 months...

15. Ueno

Ueno Kenkyuusei

@Mr Waffle

Oh blue ray is alot better.
    Once you go blackblue you can never go back [hehe]

Don't think I can afford this one though ):

16. Kazuma2387

Kazuma2387 Kenkyuusei

As soon as I discovered the blu ray version I was sold!

preordered from HMV. crossin my fingers that I get an acchan shitajiki :D

Hebirote in blu ray quality :drool:

17. shonenfan4

shonenfan4 Kenkyuusei

finally I don't have to take out the dvds from the singles everytime for PV watching [rock]

18. frblckstr1

frblckstr1 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
  19. ginaRAWR

ginaRAWR Kenkyuusei

Is it? I might just order it anyway then because it's only 1000yen extra for hopefully better quality if it plays, but I doubt I'll actually play it that much XD and thanks! I assume people do now since my sets are pretty similar in both places XD

20. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    Opened my email today and there was the links from HMV. I was like...what is this? And then I read Blu-ray, and PVs and I was :^O^: SOLDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Way to finally step into the modern era, AKS. I've been waiting for another Blu-ray release ever since AKB48's first concert was released on Blu-ray, and then they stopped doing that probably because of poor sales or something. Hopefully now with the proliferation of Blu-ray players and PS3s they can have more Blu-ray releases. I'd pay more for higher HD quality anyday.

Also, Beginner Original Ver in 1080p. Screw recochoku :tongue: we got the real stuff now