Movie / DVD AKB ga Ippai ~the best music videos~ 6/24

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by loveandcoffee, May 26, 2011.

1. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Beginner *ORIGINAL AND UNCENSORED* x 1080p = WIN

Agreed [nod]

2. ohno

ohno Kenkyuusei

We'll finally be able to read all the engrish. :lol:

3. ET920

ET920 Member

Has anyone ever gotten it? Was it HD or full HD?

4. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    I've got both versions, it's 1080i MPEG2. So it's not the marketing-spin "Full HD" (aka 1080p). Audio is only 2 channel linear PCM 48khz/16bit so nothing to write home about either.

It should be noted it came out as part of Sony's initial push (Sony distributed Defstar) of the then-not-even-finished Blu Ray onto the market along with a dozen other concert titles, so it's not nearly as good as a modern day BR release. It's still significantly better picture quality than the DVD release, of course.

5. ET920

ET920 Member

Personally, I would prefer 60fps instead of full hd (would take both if possible, of course) because a higher definition PV continues to be the same PV you had before, while 60fps actually changes the content of the video, making everything feel alive. Also, would be disappointed if it came in plain stereo.

6. chewybacca

chewybacca Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sudaakari
    Twitter:
    mhcc27
    You do have a valid point there - for some reason, I prefer digital TV rips in MPEG2 because I use my DVD software's own MPEG2 decoding engine to playback these files, the result being butter-smooth, "live" quality (because of its de-interlacing engine pumping out at 2x frames I suspect). Nevertheless, 1080p HD does have its benefits, even if its not 60fps.

Unless AKS has the master PV's audio originally recorded in surround sound, it's highly unlikely that it'll be in anything but 2.0ch though. Although I do also wish for 24-bit/96kHz recordings to be released, but I should probably continue to dream on... [hehe]

7. frblckstr1

frblckstr1 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Unless recorded in 60fps (like with maybe a digital RED camara) its just modified from a source and hence subject to taste.
    I prefer the origional recording color coded to the origional color space and not 'enhanced'.

8. ET920

ET920 Member

That is why I hope they (or at least the new ones) were recorded with at least one 60fps camera.

9. bondingo

bondingo Kenkyuusei

I just preordered the Blu-Ray on YesAsia since it was the cheapest there when you include shipping. I don't care about the shitajiki or clear file, so it's not worth spending more for those. It doesn't list it as a limited edition in the title, but it says that the first editions will have the digipak, photobook, etc. so I'm guessing that it will still come with it. YesAsia has had first presses in the past for just about everything, so I don't see why they wouldn't with this. However, if it turns out to be just the regular edition, despite my early preorder, I'm canceling. Guess I'll have to call when it gets closer to the release date to confirm for sure.

10. biheart

biheart Kenkyuusei

^ I was thinking about ordering from YesAsia as well, but the fact that "first press" is missing made me decide against it

11. teddbear55

teddbear55 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    moriyasumadoka
  12. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    Once everyone's orders arrive, we can set up trades through here for the shitajikis if anyone who doesn't get their oshi is down for it. I don't like my 1/9 odds of getting Mayuyu. [flip] Wish they let us pick...Photos too, now that I think about it. 3/9 photos aren't the best chances either.

13. vergil

vergil Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Couldn't agree more. Would like to trade for my oshi too if I didn't get what i want. I would gladly trade Mayuyu for Mariko with you.

14. Jin

Jin Kenkyuusei

bottom left is shitajiki ,right is clearfile

Attached Files:

15. Ueno

Ueno Kenkyuusei

^ Those bonuses are making me want to order it :fp: :fp:

I'm already broke ):

16. ohno

ohno Kenkyuusei

Wow Myao got into the group picture. Not surprised at Yui.

17. Ueno

Ueno Kenkyuusei

Quick question: Is Blu-Ray worth buying for a 32 inch flat screen?

copy pasta specs:
    1366 X 768 PVA panel
    CineSpeed™ <8ms Response
    720p Resolution
    500 cd/m2 Brightness
    2000:1 True Contrast Ratio
    178°Viewing Angle
    Native Mode (HDMI)
    NTSC tuner
    TheaterWide™ Modes (7)
    Screen Freeze
    Picture Position Control
    Auto Aspect Ratio
    Auto Aspect Ratio (HDMI:480i/480p/720p/1080i)
    3D Y/C Comb Filter
    MPEG DNR (480i)
    CableClear™ DNR
    Color Temperature Control
    Black Level Expansion
    Cinema Mode (480i)

18. frblckstr1

frblckstr1 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    ^ Yes, anything that can at least display 720p will benefit from BluRay resolutions

19. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    As above, short answer = yes.

Long answer = depends on how close you sit to the TV. The closer you are, the more detail you can see, and therefore the more important BR is. If you sit on the other side of the room you won't see the extra detail but the closer you are the more obvious the difference is. There's actually a mathimatical formula regarding tv size vs distance vs resolution but I've forgotten it [hehe] but basically the closer you are and/or the bigger the tv, the more important a higher resolution is. If you sit far away or have a tiny TV then you don't benefit from the better picture.

20. SOS

SOS Kenkyuusei

I placed an order today with the first press AKB ga Ippai (Blu-ray) with Achan solo debut single (flower) ;)

When I was in japan I bought a DVD Blu-ray Hybrid and I haven't had any problems with ! Can't wait to watch all PV in Hight Quality >.<