Single AKB48 18th [Beginner] 10/10/27

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Mr Waffle, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Amrai

Amrai Kenkyuusei

Somewhere talking about Sayaka A. and AKB
    Re: [SINGLE] AKB48 18th single - [Beginner] - 2010/10/27

I'm so happy for them! :D That's just awesome. It's amazing.

2. kingtheking81

kingtheking81 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ishizukaakari

amazing achievement considered the economical crisis and stuff
    as much i like them to sell more, its useless to compare to Love machine as i read in some posts. If Akb has a long breath , they will eventually break all idol or jpop records. We should focus on enjoying the happiness that akb brings us............and also getting no1 best selling single 2010 :p

3. ra-nyan

ra-nyan Kenkyuusei

A bit late on the news but CONGRATZ GIRLS and AKI-P... [party]

4. ChobiMM3

ChobiMM3 Kenkyuusei

My two copies shipped yesterday [rock]

AND YEAH AKB, LET'S AIM FOR A MILLION COPIES! [rock]

5. yunagi_47

yunagi_47 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei, Ozono Rei

Lol a little late since I just got home but CONGRATS AKB48!!! [rock] ONWARDS TO A MILLION!

6. Meroron♥

Meroron♥ Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ogumatsugumi

GOD I am SO SO ecstatic right now!! Since Hebirote sold pretty close to Ponytail, I thought their single sales would stabilize at ~650k from now on..... so when I saw the 1million copies shipped news, I thought it would be amazing if they could sell that much, but I didn't really believe it... I thought it would only beat Hebirote by a little bit...

AND THEN THIS!! Beating Arashi's 1st week sales in one day!!! I'm being redundant but I'm so happy I don't really care about making sense right now!!

AHHH

AHH

*in paradise*

Dunno if they'll manage to reach 1million with this one, but this is already way more than enough awesome for me!! Plus there's always the next single, seeing as their sales DON'T seems to be stabilizing after all... xD

(though I think the 19th won't sell as much because of the Janken Senbatsu. would be pretty amazing though if this didn't happen, proving that AKB's success doesn't depend so much on just the few most exposed members...)

7. maxaroni

maxaroni Kenkyuusei

I checked without spoiling myself on twitter or anything and my jaw dropped and i was in shock for a while. Still in shock kind of.

So excite. Can't wait to see the weekly sales.

8. bou-j525

bou-j525 Kenkyuusei

It's not that I don't like Arashi but.... AKB FTW!!!!!

I'M WAITING FOR THE 1 000 000TH COPY [rock]

9. ET920

ET920 Member

Million in a single day is out of question, personally. In fact, Beginner set the record for the biggest first day sales since Oricon started tracking daily sales, and a million would meant almost twice this amount. While they have done a great job since SnH into getting mainstream, a million would mean a huge promotional campaign, a really high expectation for the single, shipping over a million and a half units and including something more than senbatsu tickets. It would also require to put Acchan and Yuko back in the front and stop joking with the "anyone can leads in the single" idea, and pairing songs as good or better than the main track. And just like now, to have Yuko and Acchan in doramas with respectable rating.

Hopefully word of mouth will only increase awareness.

10. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

I think some people actually take that idea to heart...:fear:

11. gahhcake

gahhcake Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    laupanman

I thought everyone were playing their own characters in the pv...?? Wasn't Takamina just the last one playing the videogame before she got unplugged..? I think the evil mastermind was the videogame itself XD

12. bou-j525

bou-j525 Kenkyuusei

13. Kang

Kang Kenkyuusei

SUPER DUPER HAPPY FOR THE GIRLS. My heart exploded, I'm not even kidding. /looks for spare heart

and lol @ the bitter Arashi fans. They're all "baaaw if Arashi isn't #1 the world is all wrong /wrists". I had fun trolling them when they were whining over Hebirote; I'll go get all the haters to the left macros/gifs ready rofl

Disclaimer: I don't hate every single Arashi fan, just the fanbrats who leave stupid comments on arama. I mean, yo girl, even Nino buys AKB48 singles, so get over yourselves. /rolls eyes

14. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

^ Whoa! You live!

Wussup? B-)

15. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki

While I agree that a normal senbatsu would get the most CD sales, I don't think it's been tested whether or not any specific leads get more sales. Think about it this way:

I haven't heard of a single selling MORE just because Acchan is the lead. And I haven't heard of a single selling LESS because Yuko is the lead. There is more to a single than just who's in front, and I'd bet that many Acchan and Yuko fans will buy pretty much the same amount of the AKB single regardless of who's in front as long as their girl is in it at all. This counts for everybody: if Natsuki were present in a single, more N fans would buy more copies.

Acchan led in Iiwake Maybe and it sold less than the single ahead of it. Even though Namida Surprise had voting tickets, using the idea that 'it matters sales-wise who leads the single,' means that Iiwake would sell way more than the previous.

Anyway, I just think that AKB is at a point where it matters less which girl leads a single. But we'll see how accurate that is in the December single.

16. ra-nyan

ra-nyan Kenkyuusei

LOLz.. I just read the awesome lyrics translation that loveandcoffee posted in the lyrics and translations thread and then I remembered my interpretation on the PV.. It seems close enough xD..

Thanks for sharing the Yuko and J + Mayuyu centre ver. vids bou-j525..

17. AKB69

AKB69 Kenkyuusei

so Music Station on the 29th [cool]
    can't wait to see a live performance of this

18. Gobolino

Gobolino Member

When there were Acchan as center singles... the mere idea of a single lead by "Yuko" was almost an heresy... it would be the END OF AKB48, it would make ACCHAN GRADUATES FOR YUKO's FAULT, and, obviously ... it would sell LESS than any other release... it would be a step back, it would be the demise... it would be a disaster...

EVEN Acchan fans would boycott the single to make Acchan return in glory and majesty to the center throne...

Does anyone remember????????

What happened?.

Yuko as center and beat every single release prior to that one.

I don't know, I can't know... if the 19th single will sell more or less than this one...
    but... don't underestimate the buyers. [hehe] [hehe] [hehe] [hehe]

19. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru

Yeah, I don't get the people still hanging on to the "this girl must lead!!!" idea when HebiRote kinda trumped it. I believe it's gotten to the point where certain wota playing favorites won't make much of a dent on sales because everyone else is buying the single just because the name AKB48 is attached to it. That's how it is when you're what's "in". =P

20. ET920

ET920 Member

I have always thought that you need to cycle through the girls so that each gets enough experience for when the eldest leave. However, when I thought Heavy Rotation would be the peak of the group, they come with a much bigger success. This means they are still growing, entering recognition outside fans. And they should rely on the more experienced girls when reaching to an audience that still isn't completely familiar with them.

While AKBINGO! has cycled girls, the show doesn't have such a large audience. The girls that appear in doramas and promotion are always the same ones. Once they have solidified the concept with the masses, then they can start cycling the girls. Imagine a fan that watches Q10, sees Acchan invited to variety shows, and when he decides to buy an AKB48 single, he discovers she isn't singing in the main track. I think that would confuse casual buyers more than having a stable set of girls.

AKB48 is the only permanent thing in the concept, the girls can be recycled. But cycling could have worked better during the first 10 or 12 singles when they weren't as mainstream as now. Now is the time to take things with calm, let the fan choose who should be the senbatsu girls (after all, those fans are the early adopters that kept the group alive until reaching mainstream), and wait until becoming part of the everyday life to start doing experiments like the janken tournament.

Just an opinion [nerd]

(Edited: Only the very, very Acchan fans thought the group without her as lead singer would collapse, just like only the very, very Arashi fans are thinking the music world is collapsing. I am not that experienced, but even I knew it wouldn't happen. Yuko has always been almost as popular as Acchan, her blog is usually one of the highest ranked in Ameblo, she has appeared second in senbatsu elections with a close amount of votes, she is as gifted--if not more-- as an entertainer and singer, she is considered the ace of Team K just as Acchan is the ace of Team A... but one thing is to choose between extremely popular girls like Yuko and Acchan, and another is choosing between someone who obtained 30,000 votes and someone who obtained less than 1,600)