Single AKB48 38th [Kibouteki Refrain] (2014/11/26)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

If Ikoma did more than 1 stage in 4 months I could warm to her, as it is she's creaming off the spoils by being in 2 AKB single senbatsu while not putting in the hard yards like the new gen girls in AKB have.

2. kk127

kk127 Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Ikoma is not even that popular in Nogi, and she's already 14 in SSK, imagine if Maiyan or Nanase got the kennin, dem queens be slaying so hard

3. undine235

undine235 Kenkyuusei

GIRL. maiyan would literally wipe the floor with every girl in AKB without even trying. i said this to @MocchiMooch already, but ikomachan is hardly the most popular girl in nogizaka46, and she ranked in senbatsu like it was nbd. maiyan/nanase would easily make top 3, if not win the whole thing. now THAT would be a good sousenkyo to watch.

4. kobwad

kobwad Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Doesn't mean she is more popular than the rest of 48G. It simply means it's easier to gain votes when you're the only member of one group to be eligible for election. If Jurina were the only eligible SKE member, she would probably destroy everyone else.

5. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    We have to ask Japanese precisely about that, but to push Ikoma Rina in Senbatsu wasn't from her fanbase alone, but clearly thanks to all Nogizaka fans as a whole who wanted to shake AKB senbatsu.

Maiyan and Nanase are indeed more popular than Ikotan but i want to moderate the impact that Nogizaka members would have if they replace Ikotan as they would have been helped the same : A group push.

And knowing Maiyan character, i wouldn't be surprised if she refuse a kennin position. Nogizaka blood run through her vein...

@kobwad ^ i very agree to this.

6. undine235

undine235 Kenkyuusei

right. i'm assuming the same circumstance, where maiyan would replace ikomachan as nogi's sole representative in AKB. although, given nogizaka's sales numbers i wouldn't exactly be surprised if she got a ridiculously high rank, regardless of how many nogizaka girls participated.

7. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Ikoma's popularity is just normal, but the whole group support her before elections and made campaign for her, so a "big" part of the Nogi fandom voted for Ikoma. It helped a lot. Of course if for example Maiyan was the one who got kennin, not only she would have had the same support from Nogi's fans, but also more votes for her individual popularity. I can't imagine what would happen XD Maiyan is too awesome ;D

But I disagree with the comments asking for a Maiyan kennin though, she is 100% (even 200%) Nogizaka and I'm sure she wouldn't accept it. when the kennin was given to Ikoma, she said they asked her before. Maybe Aki-P even asked other girls but they said no, they just don't talk about it, they only said that Ikoma accepted. I'm SO sure Maiyan would be like "lol no" if they ask her if she's Ok for a kennin. It's not that she doesn't like 48, but just like many Nogi members, she think good of AKB & 48G, but still see them as rivals. So I understand (and agree) with the way she thinks ^^ I just hope that Nogi could have their own elections, because now that would be awesome to watch!!! Maiyan VS Nanase, so interesting. I'm for Maiyan ;D /off-topic XD

I'm liking the new Kami 5 btw! So glad to see they finally make a decision. If the group doesn't have regular front members, to represent the group and give an "image" to the group, then it becomes a mess, really. Kami 7 worked great before. Since 2012 every single had different girls in front, and I think the general public is probably lost about who's in AKB or not, who represent them for the next years etc. I'm glad they finally make a decision, with good mix of girls, 2 AKB, 1 SKE/NMB/HKT who are all AKB kennin, all 5 are young (around the same age) and have potential to increase popularity. I hope they'll go on with this Kami 5 for most promo in the future. Seeing the 38th single front row rumors, I believe they have plans to continue like this, good :3 and
    since Paruru/Sakura/Sayanee are all top favs members for me, I can't be happier! XD Mayu & Jurina are good too! lol.

8. gocchisama

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    Akip had his reason to send Ikoma rather than a Nogizaka front row like Nanase, Maiyan or Nanamin.

First reason, that we know all, he didn't want to offend AKb fans by having a Nogizaka destroying everyone in Sousenkyo

Second reason, something more meaningful in my opinion, is to strengthen Nogizaka front row by giving a chance for Ikotan to get popular again. That way, not only Nogizaka can hold to a strong core ( Maiyan-nanamin-Sayurin) but can raise other members from non popular to popular (Hori Miona - Ikotan - Hoshimina)

third reason, but not sure, just to raise awareness of Nogizaka inside AKB sphere. But this reason is second handed as it isn't necessary. Everyone know about Nogizaka in AKB. But maybe from a casual point of view

9. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I don't know... I feel like the one & only benefit of having Ikoma in AKB or Rena in Nogi is to increase sales. but I don't even think it changes that much, except for elections though. Other than this they could very well not have kennin and I wouldn't see the difference. I mean, yes it's fun to see Rena with Nogi, making new friendships (kind of), and Ikoma in AKB (she's mostly with Mayuyu). Other than this, there's nothing special. If they end those kennins, then I'd prefer if they don't bring new kennins in Nogi, or send other Nogi members to AKB. The 2 groups are really different so they're better separately.

10. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I don't think they'd go for a big Nogi name for another kennin, but maybe someone like Hoshino Minami could work (and she'd get to be in AKB finally, after two failed auditions lol).

Anyway, I've been humming the whole "kimi dakedo" from the previews. I'm sure the wong will be totally different and I'll have to learn it again, but still... at least the wota chant is catchy. :^^;:

11. gocchisama

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    To artificially increase the vote of the sousenkyo by adding Ikoma is a short termed solution, while building a strong front row is, in my opinion, a long term strategy.

It does look like a one sided profit ( more vote = more $$ for AKB), but Ikoma was ex center of Nogizaka, and she has legitimately the potential to get popular. Really, i want to give credit Akip for this move. In the end it will benefit Nogizaka more than you know.

No needs to do more than one kennin, or it would be illogic. Ikotan position was impactful because whole Nogizaka fanbase only had one choice to send their voice to. If they do 2 kennin, the hako push will be split in two and both won't enter senbatsu. A full loose situation.

I personally want Ikoma to stay as Kennin as much as she can. She carry the name of Nogizaka with her, but from an individual point of view, i saw her a lot of progress as an idol, as she discovered new perspective, new field. And she has Mayu's support as a friend. To have Ikotan improve as an idol will also benefit Nogizaka.

From my personal experience of having seen Nogizaka in Paris, I can objectively say that despite being surrounded by Maiyan, Nanamin and top Tier member, Ikotan really pulled a very convincing performance, sending her energy to everyone and was perfect dance wise.

About Rena in Nogizaka, it is just me, but i think her character fit perfectly to Nogizaka philosophy. She is truly a 100% japanese beauty. While i'm a little bit worried of Rena's overwhelming schedule, as long as she is having fun on what she do, i'm all for it. Rena is a strong girl, after all.

12. Fourever

Fourever Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    ^Rena actually fit perfectly to Nogizaka Philosophy which is the Yamato Nadeshiko image.

If you look at Nogizaka46 top 10 members in term of popularity which is Naachan,Maiyan,Nanamin,Maimai,Nanamin,Matsun,Reika,Ikuchan and MisaMisa you'll see that a lot of them fit into Yamato Nadeshiko Image.
    Even the whole 2nd gen of nogizaka46 was base on potential Yamato Nadeshikos and the ojou-sama image.
    Also Ikoma decision to kennin was the best thing she could have done because she was getting sufficated out of the senbatsu where she was once center. If you look at the HS results and blog comments you'll easily find out that there's 11 member in nogizaka46 that have a huge gap in term of popularity between them and the rest of the members.

Lastly I think that Ikoma's kennin will benefit Nogizaka46 the most out of anyone involved. As for the reason why Ikoma was never popular in Nogizaka46 is because she is the energy pill of the group. Where you can either find her as a fun and energizing person or (in your face annoying) which is sadly how most Nogizaka46 fans feel about her. Her character overall is a double Edge sword for her being in nogizaka46 that's why I think she fit more with Akb48. Personally I find her fun and enjoyable to watch and hope she do wonders in bringing more attention to nogizaka46.

13. nathan_drake

nathan_drake Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    idk, very weird, I see the kami dominated by sister group after many year AKB always dominated lol.

IMO, next few year, especially if Yukirin/Kojiharu/Takamina graduated. SKE and HKT (and Nogizaka, if they add member) will dominate the election because they have a solid fanbase, and I'm not surprised if when only 3-4 AKB girls in Senbatsu. and I guess AKB member only be a shadow of sister group/kennin in senbatsu even in their own Team.

14. ijkm

ijkm Kenkyuusei

I would like to see Ikoma as a full AKB48 member.

15. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    thanks

anyway, since people are talking about the performance, I just want to say that i like the disney princess/girl themed outfits. Were you able to identify from which princess each member was wearing?

So far:

Yuki - Cinderella
    Sae - Jasmine
    Aya - Belle
    Kawaei - Snow White
    Ikoma - Alice
    Yui - Tiana
    Rena - Rapunzel
    Sashi - Elsa (?)
    Akari - Merida or Mulan? More likely Merida
    Kojima - ? (Was it Aurora blue version?)
    Takamina - ?

16. mayuyukamioshi

mayuyukamioshi Kenkyuusei

OHHHH, I am not very happy with this kami 5, if I only could add ricchan and yui/iriyama in
    But it is true that they are not enough popular at the moment, but I would like to wath more akb48 members in kami 5 , and they need more push to get popular and be in the kami 5 will help them a lot. Maybe the management will do a kami 7 when they get more popular

17. Mimi

Mimi Kenkyuusei

Why is everyone talking about this kami 5 as if it just got officially announced?:fp: It's ok to speculate, but it's just one TV appearance, you know.

18. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    imo, it's alright if AKS add sister group to AKB since AKB is like the star-studded group where all the most popular member in sister group come together in an AKB Single. but NGSK46 that's just different. Aki-P first said NGSK46 is a rival group then suddenly he just drop it and put Ikoma to AKB to help raise her popularity. for me. it's much better to put over homegrown 48G member cause it will benefit the 48G for a long-term period. even just the one spot for a senbatsu line-up is very important now.

19. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Nogizaka is still their rival (and it's already crushed the sister groups, btw).
    They have one kennin with AKB. They haven't participated in their singles, in concerts, events... nothing. So I don't get how they're supposed to be "another sister group" when they are on their own doing their thing. :^^;:

Yeah, well. I don't think they've ever been so obvious about who their preferences are in such a way.
    Heck, they didn't even respect the rankings for KNP. Sakura went from 11th to 3rd in two dance steps. :XD:

20. kopkrazy

kopkrazy Member

but nogi46 is a sister group not rival of the girls as since aki-p put ikoma and rena in kennin positions respectively in team b and nogi