Event / Concert AKB48 49th Single Senbatsu Sousenkyo (17/06/17)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Mar 20, 2017.

1. C_chan

C_chan Kenkyuusei

Thanks for all that information, I guess I'll watch it again now with a different perspective :)

Edit to add this: I wouldn't be surprised if naachan do that, that girl is so kind

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
  2. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Already been mentioned in here.

3. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
  4. Endu

Endu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kato Shiho
    Exactly. You can clearly see that Miichan didn't expect that question to hurt her that much if you actually watch the video.
    I mean I kinda get where all the hate is coming from, but using this video to hate on her without a real reason is just wrong. Asking her wether she feels bad because she's no.1 (I mean cmon, everybody here is aware of the fact that she most likely won the preliminary because of relatively few people giving her many votes) and her senpai is only no.2 despite being in the group for a much longer time and thus normally being far more popular is indeed an understandable question one could ask her in an interview.

5. Kiri

Kiri Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    岡田奈々 / 손채영
    That's a common problem around here, a misleading translation can snowball really fast as most people here don't speak japanese :|

6. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

sorry i cant help but repost it again ;)

7. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    All credit goes to the MVP who posted it in the first place. Watching the general reaction in this forum and myself standing corrected about Miichan, I felt compelled to share it here. Ogiyuka did seem overwhelmed but for a completely positive reason.

8. Humbucker

Humbucker Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Sashihara Rino
    I watched to both ANN and pre ANN and I could list at least five moments in which Minegishi wasn't the best example of behavior for a senpai (nothing so terrible but yet not nice). But whatever, despite of my rant, I'm inclined to the idea of "if you don't have anything good to tell about someone, so don't tell anything."

9. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

It's not misleading. The second translation used a bit euphemism in the wording. Both are asking a same sensitive question that change the air on the room. Second translation even pinpoint the moment where Kitarie have to redirect the topic back to the right rail.

It's no doubt a recording accident. And could be avoided.
    (However, don't worry about Gishi name being tarnished. People word here means nothing. Just worry about her possible slip up again)

10. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    That does not change the fact she asked the wrong question no matter how she sugar coats it. Ask her how she feels? Sure, that is only to be expected. Ask her whether she felt sorry for something she did not do? Yeah, no Miichan. A step to far with that.

11. Endu

Endu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kato Shiho
    She probably just wanted to ask her if she felt bad for Jurina (though she might have expressed herself quite wrong in this one lol), because basically asking her wether she now hates herself because people she doesn't even know think that she's more awesome than other members would be complete madness.

12. Kiri

Kiri Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    岡田奈々 / 손채영
    I don't know, maybe i have a bias but i don't see in the video anything that could explain the hate she got in this thread. Anyway, i can't really defend her, i don't speak japanese either.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
  13. extomomi

extomomi Kenkyuusei

I really hope no one in this group will point their hate toward Naachan for what happened yesterday.
    Yes, somebody stole Minarun's code and voted for Naachan. But there's no prof that a**-hole is Naachan wota.
    He might actually be a Naachan anti since 10k ppl were watching that SR live and this could have a great negative impact on Naachan's image even the girl herself didn't do anything wrong.
    I feel sorry for both girls.
    Minarun, sorry that you lost a vote but honestly, what were you thinking?
    Naachan, please don't take this too personally, which i'm sure she did judging the sad meme face she posted on 755.

14. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    The translation doesn't go out of its way to sugar coat it, but it's putting it a bit nicer.

For starters, it leaves out the bit where Minegishi isn't sure whether to say it or not.
    It's an incomplete sentence so this is rough but "I always get like this at night... you know... ah, maybe I... should I?"
    with the clear implication she's going to say something controversial (which you can tell from the reactions)
    and the fact that she needs to say "i'm not flaming you though!" after
    Both these lines were cut.

Then, she stresses how much the election means to Jurina
    talks about the significance of overtaking a senpai
    and asks "do you not feel guilty?"

and yeah, that might not be as bad as some of you thought with a very simple translation but for me it's missing one super important phrase
    "not that you did anything"

15. Momentosis

Momentosis Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    Honestly what you posted it makes it worst than what I initially thought about it.

16. Blair Collins

Blair Collins Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    obamina
    As someone who's Kami-Oshi is Minarun seeing that a Naachan follow took her vote and used it on Naachan.

I can't even call them a fan after how they could be so cruel to do such a thing. I'm sure that fan is so proud of them and Naachan is happy knowing one of her votes was stolen from a fellow member.

Yeah Minarun should not have shown the code but look at the video. You can see how happy she is and that she forgot to cover it but the action of the follower is outrageous. I'd love it if Naachan found out and gave some votes to Minarun.

17. Cristina Salazar

Cristina Salazar Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    cristina_1848
    it kinda sad that minarun vote got stolen. she personally went tower records to buy that cds to vote then her code got stolen. i dont hate naachan because she didnt do it but i'm mad about her wota, that person must be out of money (such a shame) so he/she stole that just to vote....
    DBzpuuuUwAEVt9o.jpg she looks so sad, so as ted :(

18. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    It's actually daylight robbery, if people find out who that dude is he is gunna get sued.

19. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Social media has made people stupid and take leave of their common sense.

People post photos of credit card numbers, social security numbers and other sensitive info that someone else could just go ahead and use at their leisure and then act shocked when it happens. Not posting that stuff for the world to see should be the basest of common sense but alas.

Don't act like it was anyone's fault but Minarun's own that her code got jacked. All she had to do was exercise some common sense (that sadly isn't very common anymore). It's a given that someone somewhere out there would take advantage of it. The only thing you can do to protect yourself from others is not give them the opportunity to take advantage of you.

As far as the Miichan and Ogiyuka incident goes, here is another installment of "we've had a bad translation and people took it and ran with it". After watching the actual clip, yeah Miichan is obviously going to say something controversial, but on the other hand this is a common tactic by radio personalities to make the show more interesting. By itself, it's not unusual in any way.
    And what she said wasn't bad at all, really. Ogiyuka was crying because she was reflecting on how she got more votes that even Jurina, somehow...and maybe just a tiny bit because she eclipsed a senpai, but that's showbiz.

• Like Like x 1
  20. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    I have read that if you leave your wallet somewhere in Japan, it will stay untouched. Perhaps the person who voted her code is not Japanese.