AKB48 Question & Answer

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by arrowisland, Jun 5, 2007.

1. ame-rin

ame-rin Member

may I ask, what is a Lay Down?

2. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

"Lay Down" is a song by AKB48 from Himawari 1. In the context of the actual song lyrics, "lay down" is simply a command, and it implies that the "speaker" is in a position of authority over somebody else. The song has a bit of an edgy, domineering vibe to it.

I hope that helps. :)

3. Youkokurama

Youkokurama Kenkyuusei

to add to giddy's post:

it's the only song of akb48 where you can hear insane cowbells.
    (and yes, there's only one akb48 song that has that even until now)

4. sada

sada Kenkyuusei

Question: How come there's a 2010 senbatsu election? Does that mean senbatsu is the same all year long?

5. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    Because they felt like doing it (read: it's a good money-maker so they might as well). The results of the senbatsu election last year only affected one song (iiwake maybe), the senbatsu went back to 'normal' (aka what Aki-p wants) for RIVER.

6. sada

sada Kenkyuusei

Oh alright. Thank you.

7. thetwinsays

thetwinsays Kenkyuusei

Question: How much do the photos cost at the actual AKB48 shop/theatre in Akihabara?

8. Mr Waffle

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    You can't buy them individually, you have to buy a 'pack' of 5 random photos per team, essentially like trading cards. 1,000 yen for a pack of Team A, K or B, and I think RS go for 800. You can also order them online here if you have a contact in Japan.

The crazy prices you can see on yahoo.jp auctions are due to fan-based supply and demand, since there are only x amount of each girl made available, randomly distributed.

9. thetwinsays

thetwinsays Kenkyuusei

Thanks for that. So now I have to decide whether to try my luck or pay more but get who I want... [think]

10. Mr Waffle

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    Personally, I think the only way to win is to not do it at all. People on this forum end up spending more money on those photos than they would a plane ticket to Japan... that's why I gave it up [hehe] (there's a thread dedicated to auctions but it's in the depot so you can't access it at the moment)

11. thetwinsays

thetwinsays Kenkyuusei

I grew up during the 1990's trading card boom & crash, so I know all about paying too much for a random piece of paper! :D In any case, I have a couple of friends in Japan, so buying a couple of random sets won't kill me.

It's a bit like gambling - know how much you're willing to lose before you go in [cool]

12. polyrhythm

polyrhythm Kenkyuusei

Which are the girls who participated in Nemousu TV's Mike Fox version of the RIVER PV?

I recognise Takamina, Acchan, Kojiharu, Yuko, of course. Then I'm not too sure but I think there's Sato Amina and Kitarie. The other two girls left, i am completely clueless.

13. flagator21

flagator21 Member

^ That'd be Reinyan (Fujie Reina), and Wasamin (Iwasa Misaki).. You're correct on the others :)

14. polyrhythm

polyrhythm Kenkyuusei

^ ah, thank you for clearing that up. :D

that makes it 24 girls that i can recognise now(still slowly trying to recognise all of them [blush] )

15. honeysenpai

honeysenpai Kenkyuusei

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtwbMs_9WYk
    Twitter:
    missingno15
    NYAF........are they coming back again? to NYAF? i had a friend tell me today during one of my classes since she started ordering her ticket for the next event. but i sort of don't believe it.... so anyone know if they are coming back to NY?

16. flagator21

flagator21 Member

^ There has been no mention anywhere of a return to this year's event.

By the way, I think they merged with another anime/manga convention, not sure if the management is the same.. it might be run differently. I'd love to see them come back, but I'm not getting my hopes up just yet.

17. honeysenpai

honeysenpai Kenkyuusei

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtwbMs_9WYk
    Twitter:
    missingno15
    ^ ah thank you flagator for clearing that up. guess we'll just wait and see then.

18. madcat338

madcat338 Kenkyuusei

I was so hoping they will visit Paris again and i am able to attend it but its until now and no news [sweat] Very little hopes

19. Sorceress628

Sorceress628 Kenkyuusei

I'm going to Japan!!!!

Now about the AKB48 tickets... [sweat] From my understanding, Team A, K, B, kenkyusei normally rotates every 4 days for performances? So if I plan to be in Japan for 4 days, I have a slight possibility to seeing a performance by every team (after sacrificing a goat to the god of the lottery)?

Does SDN48 perform every night?

I'm trying to arrange my trip so that I get at least one weekend day in there so I have a bigger chance of winning a ticket. Can any enpou travelers give me a realistic picture of me winning a ticket to a non-kenkyusei show?

20. Jasey

Jasey Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

They don't rotate every 4 days, there are months when there's hardly any performances from Teams A,K,B. SDN48 don't perform every night.

You can see the schedule here.
    http://www.akb48.co.jp/schedule/index.html