AKB48 Question & Answer

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by arrowisland, Jun 5, 2007.

1. B.stars

B.stars Kenkyuusei

2. haikara2308

haikara2308 Kenkyuusei

^B. stars thanks for the links. Do they ship overseas?

3. B.stars

B.stars Kenkyuusei

^ Unfortunately I don't think they do... guess it would only work if you have a friend in Japan?
    Or you could purchase it through one of those shopping sites

I'm going to be staying in Vancouver for a long while so I can't really help here - sorry!

4. wendychi

wendychi Member

Oshimen:
    Masumoto Kira
    Why is Nakatsuka Tomomi nicknamed Chris?

I've been wondering where it came from, since she gets all FFFUUU-- when people call her that.
    I feel like I'm missing some big joke. :<

5. Youkokurama

Youkokurama Kenkyuusei

^ because they say she looks like takigawa christel

6. wendychi

wendychi Member

Oshimen:
    Masumoto Kira
    Ohhh. [shock]
    Thanks Youko. :blush:

7. moletonttu

moletonttu Kenkyuusei

Importing stage studio recordings?

Sorry if someone has already asked this, but I was just wondering if there's any way of importing the studio recordings of the newest stages (K5,B4,A5)? They aren't being sold on any of the online shop sites that are listed on the "Where/How to purchase AKB48 goods" post. Akb48's own shop clearly lists them, but they don't deliver outside of Japan (at least if I read correctly) and I live in Finland. So is there any way? Other than knowing and trusting someone who lives in Japan.

8. IndigoSkies

IndigoSkies Kenkyuusei

Re: Importing stage studio recordings?

You can use a deputy service to order it for you, either from the official site or from Yahoo! Auctions or something. There are a bunch out there, I'm most familiar with http://www.fromjapan.co.jp/ which doesn't have any extra fees, so you just have to pay shipping and the base cost of the actual albums.

9. moletonttu

moletonttu Kenkyuusei

Tried browsing different deputy services and they seemed kind of complicated and only covered auction sites like Yahoo. Damn, I need a Japanese friend. And those albums.

10. Shumatsu Samurai

Shumatsu Samurai Kenkyuusei

Does anybody know a reliable site that has a combined total of all their (just AKB48, no subgroups, solo projects or SKE, can include indies) single sales up to now?

11. Naomi

Naomi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

^ Jpop Stop! has it, although you'll have to go to each single page to see the sales.

12. Shumatsu Samurai

Shumatsu Samurai Kenkyuusei

Thanks!
    But are they up to date? They also list the next single as "Ponytail to Chouchou" ... [wonder]

13. Naomi

^ Yeah, I think so. I guess Ponytail to Chouchou was just a mistake or something. =P

14. Pepper

Pepper Kenkyuusei

^I don't think it's a mistake, I think it's like this that シュシュ should be written. In french, the thing that they use to tie their hair is called a "chouchou" (I think in english it's "scrunchie") and it's pronounced シュシュ, maybe they use the same word in japanese ^^

15. Mint

Mint Kenkyuusei

I went and changed the wiki page, but now reading the above reply maybe I shouldn't have XD Ah well...

16. flagator21

flagator21 Member

It is taken from the French word, and could be used in the translated title. However, I think it's preferred to romanize katakana according to the way it sounds(shushu), rather than to write the word in the language it was originally borrowed from(chouchou). The latter might be confused with the Japanese word for butterfly. [hehe]

17. aakun

aakun Kenkyuusei

now that people are talking about wikis, can i get a response about what i asked a while ago about S48's wiki?

from what i saw kyobu-san has been taking care of the spam and pretty much everything related to it. i know that since he's leaving his position mods are probably really busy with all the administrative stuff, but is it possible to use it anyway? there isn't anything blocking people from registering or editing pages so i guess it would be ok after all?

of course someone could create another wiki for akb somewhere else but it'd be nice to use the one hosted in our forum right? <3

18. Naomi

^ I think it'd be a pretty good idea to continue with it, actually, since it's hard to search the forum for the information you need and all of the other wiki pages aren't updated anyway.

19. kopkrazy

kopkrazy Member

i have a question a to ask (don't know whether its has been answerd before) : besides nacchi, sakippe and kanakana currently studying in the university, is there other than the 3 girls currently studying in the university ??

20. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

There is something I've been wondering about since I discovered AKB48. Do you think AKB48 is a boy-oriented band? In my country (Spain) an 'all girls' band like this would probably have a lot of feminine fans dreaming of becoming a member. But in Japan, though it's obvious that this kind of band is very attractive to boys, it seems that few girls have become fans of it. It seems even clearer in the stages, where most of the people are boys. Am I wrong? What do you think? [wonder]