AKB48 Question & Answer

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by arrowisland, Jun 5, 2007.

1. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    ^It is a very 'boy'-oriented music group. While more recently, fans are younger and include more women, AKB's roots include a very middle-aged male fanbase.

2. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

Yes, that's what it seemed to me. Thank you for answering, RocketStarLauncher. It looks a bit strange for a spanish, but each culture has its own traits... :)

3. xxskawt

xxskawt Kenkyuusei

4. twilightkappa

twilightkappa Kenkyuusei

^
    After Takamina,
    The one in the yellow dress is Yonezawa Rumi and the black hat is Iwasa Misaki. Blonde wig is Uchida Mayumi, OL suit is Nonaka Misato, and the last row is, from L to R, Katayama Haruka, Nakata Chisato (dress), Nakatsuka Tomomi and Sato Natsuki. :D

5. polyrhythm

polyrhythm Kenkyuusei

Based on this, I'd like to know, how substantial is the female fanbase in Japan compared to the males? I know there's like female fans on here and all, but somehow I'm not convinced it'd be the same in Japan

6. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    I know rui has said in the past that she has met quite a few female fans, but they're usually not as obvious as the male fans because they're not so... energetic in their fandom [hehe]. From what I gather most of the female fans don't really want to get into the whole going crazy at concerts and jumping and dancing thing so they sit in the back and just watch.

On the other hand, there was a TV show on youtube (it's been taken down now though) about "5 top akb fans" and one of them was a group of 3 girls and 1 guy who know 200+ dances, so there are definitely hardcore female fans... :lol

7. xxskawt

xxskawt Kenkyuusei

^ There are TONS of girl fans, for AKB. I went to the 10nen Zakura & Namida Surprise events, and the main demographic that made up the audience were teenagers, male & female, although a bit more males. The older men were definitely still there, but there are a lot of younger fans that don't happen often with idols.
    Thank youuu :D

8. ecwx

ecwx Kenkyuusei

http://blog.oricon.co.jp/watarirouka/category_4/
    I found this picture while wandering aimlessly in the internet....
    [​IMG]

Is that (the one I circled red) harugon? (if not, whoever she is, she looks really realy like her) if yes, IT IS HARUGON!!! what movie is it ? what part did she play ?

thank you :flower:

9. IndigoSkies

IndigoSkies Kenkyuusei

Pretty sure that's the play Murder Factory, which Harugon was in recently. It only ran for a couple of days I think, not really a big thing. I'm not sure what part she played, I feel like it's unlikely we'll see this XD;; I don't think small plays like that get DVD releases...

10. Mr Waffle

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
  11. ecwx

ecwx Kenkyuusei

http://blog.oricon.co.jp/watarirouka/category_4/
    ahhh so it's a theatrical play... I thought it was a movie

thx for the info indigo, and thx for the link waffle-san :flower:

They should release on DVD or at least as downloadable/youtubeable content everything that involves AKB48 girls, especially my 2 favorite harukas [hehe]

12. karles48

I'm curious (again [notme] ) about the reason why the girls still use the big mics instead of wireless ones. My guess is that the girls use them because it helps to change their clothes faster between two songs. Does anybody know another reason?

13. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    ^I don't know if I understand the question: their microphones are wireless.

14. karles48

I'm sorry, I think I didn't choose the right word. [blush] For 'wireless' I meant those small mics that people like presenters, actors or singers wear stuck to their clothes so that they have their hands free...

15. Naomi

Naomi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

^ I've only seen those mics being used in stuff like television or whatever, so I think they use the other types of microphones because they're better a fit or concert halls or something. Or, because like you said, it's a lot easier to change clothes if a microphone's not in them because there's a lot of wiring. I think.

16. maruchan27six

maruchan27six Kenkyuusei

This sentence made me imagine wires running around the girls bodies under their clothes.
    Ahh, so erotic.

17. twilightkappa

twilightkappa Kenkyuusei

Maybe it's just cause they're difficult to dance with. *shrug* I've seen members constantly readjusting those head mics every couple seconds in a few songs that they were used in, especially Sae during Jellybeans in AX09 :hehe:

18. Mr Waffle

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    The headset mics would be a lot more expensive and you can't replace it nearly as quickly as the handheld one, either. If the mic isn't working during a performance it's easy for a stage hand to run in and hand the girl a new handheld mic, but not if it's a headset one. (I've seen several mics have issues during concerts over the years so it does happen)

I imagine handheld mics give better sound quality as well, especially since the singer can hold it how they need to (as mentioned above, headset mics have a life of their own...).

19. rafaelaboy80

rafaelaboy80 Kenkyuusei

Also the headset related issues are alot more noticeable when something does go wrong. Like here Acchan mic explodes
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47W6V0v7G5s[/yt]

20. frblckstr1

frblckstr1 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    I think the term to use is more like 'desintegrates', it looks like the sling around the back of the head failed.