AKB48 Question & Answer

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by arrowisland, Jun 5, 2007.

1. hanslee5

hanslee5 Kenkyuusei

Attached Files:

• akb2.jpg
      akb2.jpg
      File size:
      44.2 KB
      Views:
  2. sada

sada Kenkyuusei

If I'm not mistaken, Oshima Yuko. The one who won the senbatsu election.

3. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    Yes, that's her, from a magazine spread about women in pop music (she's done up as Avril Lavigne). I forget the magazine.

4. Lariemeeva

Lariemeeva Kenkyuusei

^World Girls - Visual Young Jump

5. pinkbohemia

pinkbohemia Member

Sorry if this was asked before: what is a "high touch" event? From what I've read, I think they take place after a show and the girls come out and you can talk to them for a little?

Tatami said they're happening after every show now. Have they always done that?

6. Mr Waffle

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    "High touch" = the Japanese name for "high five", as in, the girls line up and you high-five them on your way out. [hehe]

(Yes, the Japanese do in fact use the English words "high touch" for the activity of "high five". I love Japanese sometimes :rofl: )

As for how often it happens, I think it has only really happened when a stage is new, in the past. But in the last year or so it seems to be a lot more common, especially for SDN48. I guess it's a way of keeping people wanting to come to the theatre.

7. pinkbohemia

pinkbohemia Member

How interesting! Thank you for the answer!! Now I feel like going up to someone and saying "HIGH TOUCH!" and put my hand up to high five them. XD

8. pinkbohemia

pinkbohemia Member

I'm sorry, I have another question. I'm going to send a fan letter & present to Sakiko tomorrow, but when I write the theatre's address, should I do that in Japanese or English? My Japanese sucks so. XD And when I had a Japanese pen pal, I wrote her address in English so... un. I'm not sure, though. I want everything to be perfect~

9. rafaelaboy80

rafaelaboy80 Kenkyuusei

Use both since it makes it easier for both the mail carriers in this country and in Japan. And just print out the label and put it on the envelop instead of trying to write it.

10. pinkbohemia

pinkbohemia Member

I can print it out?! I wasn't aware. Hm. How would I print it out, exactly? Sorry for asking so many questions. I feel so stupid. :\

11. wendychi

wendychi Member

Oshimen:
    Masumoto Kira
  12. bonkey

bonkey Kenkyuusei

There's a bunch of them on auctions :D

From what I can understand is it's a liscense card [speechless]

13. Mr Waffle

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    You can buy sticky labels for use with a printer... other wise print the address on regular paper and then stickytape it to the package. That's what I've always done...

14. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

^ Smart move, LOL.

Seriously thought about trying that since I've wasted so many envelopes due to typos, but I figured something should be handwritten. (My letters are typed except for my signature which is hand-written.)

15. Mr Waffle

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    I figure the envelope (with your return address on it) is something the girl will never see, so as little effort as possible is required... [hehe] I dunno, I've always sent a package (present+letter) and put those in a bag inside the package so I assume the staff just give the girl the bag and chuck the box it's sent in...

16. pinkbohemia

pinkbohemia Member

Okay. Awesome! Thanks so much!! I'm so excited to send my very first fan letter.

[hehe]

17. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

You know, I never thought about the staff eliminating the envelope since I saw it as part of the whole letter. As for a shipping box, I guess that can get trashed. (I personally put my presents to Yuko in a gift bag, and then put that into a shipping package.)

Anyway, best of luck to you and your first fan letter, pink. :)

18. Shin

Shin Kenkyuusei

Since I have some friends working for Japanese talent agencies, I can answer to you.

The staff in almost all of the agencies don't dump the envelopes. Thus, the girls will receive them.

But if there are your telephone number, e-mail address, your address, or those kinda things on your letter, the staff will eliminate such information so that the girl will not be able to contact with the fans in private.

19. Meaud

Meaud Kenkyuusei

I'm looking for a translation of the girls speeches during the senbatsu results (2010). Well maybe not all... because that's a lot... But at least Top 20?...if that's not too much. Because I see some extracts from Korin's or Aachan's speech everywhere but not the whole thing.

20. Lariemeeva

Lariemeeva Kenkyuusei

^I tried picking some from different places, I wonder if they all have been translated in one place though.
    here. Everything is quite messy but some of them have been translated.
    and for Sayaka's and Sae's at Saeyaka.com

plus the others in Top 10 from here