AKB48 Question & Answer

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by arrowisland, Jun 5, 2007.

1. iainus

iainus Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu
    That's interesting. I'm almost sure this isn't the only instance of this in their MV's, I vaguely recall something similar in another early video but I can't recall which one.

2. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    If you remember, I'd be really curious!

3. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    well, it's maybe something worth mentioning in the Wiki?
    (even though you might want a more reliable source, but I'm afraid there might not be one)

I checked Moeno's thread, but her fans made no mention about it at the time so it must have gone unnoticed
    (but then again ... she's barely visible, mostly third row and almost no complete group shots, I scanned the video and I don't think there is a single moment when all 20 are in the frame together, 19 was the max)

Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
  4. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I've already added it to Moeno's and 10nen Zakura's trivia sections ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dragonkiller12012

Dragonkiller12012 Kenkyuusei

Does anyone know why AKB48 3rd Generation member Saotome Miki was demoted to Kenkyuusei? I've never been able to get the full and true story on that situation. I've read recollections by fans that she asked for the demotion herself while also coming across other fans recollections that she was demoted for breaching terms of her contract and others still made claims she'd broken unofficial rules idols are expected to follow which punishments were more severe for back then if broken.

6. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    official statement:
    tl;dr: she didn't meet expectations and was offered the change to take a step back and grow.
    (I can't determine if this is her statement or a statement of the management, and as I said, it's the official position, make of that what you will)

her graduation statement also mentions just not being good enough

7. Dragonkiller12012

8. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    hold on, I wasn't done searching just yet ;)

this oricon article is about her graduation
    https://www.oricon.co.jp/news/65380/full/
    not going to post the whole translation, just the imho most important part
    so basically, didn't do the work, and was not important or well connected enough to keep around (because some later members did get away with that without a problem), sort of foreshadowing the 8th(?) generation

9. Dragonkiller12012

^That part I hadn't ever heard. Makes me feel less bad that she got demoted no matter why the demotion occurred.

10. Yumenotobiira

Yumenotobiira Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Omori Maho
    Twitter:
    nosleeves3
    Does anyone know the current rules regarding sending fan mail/gifts to the members? There is an address and a few rules stated in the FAQ thread, but those are pretty old, and I'm not sure they're up to date. Seeing one of Yukirin's YouTube videos she got accessories, food/snacks, beauty products and clothing, and most of those things are mentioned as not allowed in that thread.

11. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    The current rules are on the following page on the AKB48 Official Website:
    https://www.akb48.co.jp/letter/

This is the list of prohibited items (via Google Translate):
    Back in June last year, Myao released a similar video to Yukirin's in which she opened gifts including food:

if the video does not show watch the video here

Rather strangely at 3:55 the address used for her on the food package is clearly visible, indeed she shows it in close-up to the camera, which to me looks like she's inviting fans to send stuff there? The address appears to be that of her agency HoriPro (it seems to correspond to the one given on the Bloomberg company data site) so does that mean you can send gifts to members at their agency offices?

12. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

thats exactly what it means. Added plus is that the agencies don't have such restrictive rules, probably one of the reasons why members are happy for agency transfer.

I recall reading some years back that aks had these rules to stop members from getting big headed. From what I recall kks members couldn't receive presents at all, just letters.

13. Puni

Puni Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
    In Yukirin's latest unboxing video you can spot the Watanabe Entertainment logo on one of the paper bags.

(Link already timecoded)

if the video does not show watch the video here

In general I'd agree with @David61 and @Reveen that the agencies likely have different rules from the respective 48 groups.
    Yukirin's case however seems a bit of a funny one. I couldn't find a general policy about which present Watanabe would accept on their webpage. However some artists have policies posted on their profile pages.

On Yukirin's page you can find the following:
    https://www.watanabepro.co.jp/mypage/20000016/

Which is just copypasta of the AKB rules.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Yumenotobiira

Yumenotobiira Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Omori Maho
    Twitter:
    nosleeves3
    Thank you for all the replies! The official website has an address to be used to send gifts and letters (to my understanding lol) But I'm not exactly getting where I'm supposed to put the members name. Has anyone ever sent any gift internationally before? Is it worth the chance or will it probably just get chucked out?

15. Puni

Puni Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k

Replace the メンバー名 bit with the members name, preferably in Kanji.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    May I ask about 48G concert starting and ending times?

Usually, what time should concert goers be in the venue for noon and night concerts? And what time do these concert usually ends? Thank you.

17. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I suspect the true answer is that it varies from event to event and from group to group. I've been to 3 evening concerts at Yokohama Stadium which all started at 17:00 and 1 noon one which started at 11:00. Each one lasted about 3 to 3.5 hours as far as I can remember. For all 4 shows the audience was allowed in 2 hours before the start. However in April 2019 I went to 2 SKEBINGO! shows in one day at a smaller indoor venue in Yokohama. I've just checked the start times and the first one began at 13:30 with the second at 18:30. For both of them the audience was allowed in 1 hour beforehand and I think each show lasted for 2 hours.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Thank you. I did figure it's probably different per event but I wanted a rough idea. Basically, I'm wondering if I can attend a night concert in Nagoya and be able to take the 11PM night bus back to Tokyo.

Thanks again :)

19. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

I've sent stuff to the AKB and HKT addresses before and they've gotten through. As @Puni above said put the members name where it says メンバー名 . I used to put the members name in brackets () which was what they asked for at the time.

I always printed the address out on labels for clarity and I always put the address in Japanese first and in English below.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Zoning

Zoning Kenkyuusei

In the first doc I watched, No Flowers without Rain, Team 4 was disbanded. The next one I'm watching, The Time has Come, I've gotten to the big reshuffle announcement (again?) and there's mentions of Team 4 being an actual team. I've paused the doc and tried googling, but I'm still unclear as to what the deal with Team 4 is.

(Though to be honest I'm confused about a lot of the AKB48 history - the group hadn't been around that long and suddenly there's multiple junior groups and sub groups? Yes, I know I'm not a true fan who's been around forever, but I guess that's why I'm so confused. Is there some sort of simplified timeline/chart I can look at?)