Event / Concert AKB48 Request Hour Set List Best 200 2014

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ithebigc, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    This! Thank you.

It should be obvious by now that the appeal of AKB is not just with their music but the overall package.

Besides, I think most countries have their own version of "idols" meaning music artists that aren't necessarily well-skilled in music so everyone should more or less be familiar with what AKB is. (Even in Sweden ;) !)

2. MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    But KKecstasy isn't a dance-heavy song :p I'm just talking about that one song,because I wanted to hear Amina's vocals.

3. Yuki88

Yuki88 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    KuroiYuki88
    Aside from the vocal quality, you have to remember that there are 16 mics that the mixer will have to mix lol. Haven't even included the instrumentals. Go ask the mixers how troublesome it is. I think someone has talked about this a while ago in the same old topic of "why they lipsync" :p

4. MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    I understand why they lip-sync. I'm not stupid. I wasn't saying HOW DARE THEY LIPSYNC THEY'RE TERRIBLE PEOPLE THEY SHOULD NEVER DO IT AGAIN

I've done musical theatre for years.. I know how annoying it is to have like 20 mics going at the same time, and in full ensemble numbers. it's a nightmare doing volume leveling trying to make it NOT sound like a jumbled mess. I get that.

Everybody's jumping at me just because I wish I could hear my favorite song performed live. I get that it'll never happen, but I still have the freedom to be wistful about it :p

I really don't mind lip-syncing anyway. Unless of course there's a girl that literally has NO idea how to do it. Mocchi is terrible at lip-syncing, haha.

A lot of the time though, I forgot that I'm involved with Idol randoms. I grew up with 14 years of vocal training, musical theatre experience, church singing, etc… lots of technique, lots of criticism, and lots of perfecting. So sometimes I tend to regress back into that mode somehow, even after 11 years in the Hello! Project fandom.. and with H!P, they tend to sing live and sing terrible more often than lip-syncing haha. So both sides of the spectrum aren't that great, but I'm at least glad that 48G has a happy balance of live singing to prerecorded vocals.

I wasn't trying to start a fight or anything :p

5. Yuki88

Yuki88 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    KuroiYuki88
    ^ I'm not a big fan of lipsyncing either, trust me, but in the condition where the percentage of those who can actually sing is very low, I'd rather have them lipsync all the time lol. The girls don't exactly get vocal lessons (I think JKT at least has the basic training since they do vocal warm-up before a concert, which can be seen in the making video of their concert) so even if they do improve their vocal quality, it won't be a very significant result. ;)

6. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    All the arguments against singing live fall pretty flat since Nogizaka do it, don't you think?

7. mysoshipinups

mysoshipinups Kenkyuusei

Different groups have different standards. Good for Nogizaka if they can sing live. TBH, AKB members mostly can neither sing nor dance but I still love them.

8. Matenrou47

Matenrou47 Kenkyuusei

I think idol group like Hello Project consist in their live singing. They even had some auditions with no one surpassed. Different thing in AKB, they know how to market girls. Push them with chara, in music video, and so on. Live singing maybe not their thing, but isn't it can categorized as challenge? Look how we highly appreciated a performance with live singing. Good or not.

Err... I remember many performances in Kouhaku 2011 is live, including Minami's Beginner (that's cool, but her voice so fragile in last minutes). Different with Kouhaku, RH is song ranking concert. I think in this event what we want is seeing this song performed, right?

9. haachan

haachan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kawakamirena
    The cover for the 100-1 version was released
    [​IMG]
    I think it's cute tbh-- I've seen backlash on Twitter over it because it's the only cover and ranks 2 and 3 don't get a cover but I quite like this cover so I'm okay with it. It shows off all the girls in the team at the time so it's a plus in my book.

10. Deyan

Deyan Member

Twitter:
    MrWeilai
    OMG what a perfect cover !!! I'm absolutely loving this!

11. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    I don't like it. For one, would be nice to see the alternate covers depicting #2 and #3. Next, WTF with minegishi.

12. haachan

haachan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kawakamirena
    I think that it's more the point that they're going down the way of box set releases only for their DVDs, like how Manatsu no Dome Tour was released. I'm personally okay with it because it saves them printing off a whole heap of single versions (like how they used to be split into days, one release may be 100-75 etc) and not selling them all and then marking the price down... that's just my guess anyway. With Miichan though, the girls are the jewels on her crown so to speak. She was already a 'Kami', being a first gen and all but after her scandal, these are the girls that have built her back to the woman she is today-- and without them she wouldn't be the same. So I personally think the cover symbolizes how each girl got a chance to shine in a way and become the jewels they are today so to speak.

13. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

OMG I'm loving it!!!! :omfg:

I like this much more than what they did last year, they made it look like only one girl mattered in those songs.
    Paruru didn't win the Request Hour, Team 4 did. It wasn't just Mariko who put her song up there, I'm sure all the other girls' fans added to it too.
    And Heavy Rotation got 4th and still got a cover. Really? For being 4th? I can understand Top 3, but 4... they could at least make a Top 5 and put Sayaka there.

I'm glad that you see all the members there and only half-see Miichan. And the three musketeers on top. Priceless. :inlove::awesome:

14. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    It lacks 2 and 3 but the idea for the cover is good. So I guess that's the problem, there's only 1 type when there should be 3 types.

15. skydrive27

skydrive27 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    I really like this cover because show the victory whole team 4 not only 3 musketeer+miichan. not like last year only show Paruru although Hashire Penguin is song of team 4. :^^;:

16. patapataful

patapataful Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    patapataful
    Love the cover. It shows the victory of the whole Team 4 and not the kami Team 4 members. Great way to show all members. I like it! Try to buy the box

17. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    LOVE the cover.<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3 All of Minegishi Team 4 v1 present and accounted for.:approve:

Bit of a shame it is the only cover. But I am good and satisfied with this one.:awesome:

18. pacmanamcap

pacmanamcap Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    imamuramaria
    A mixer can have presets that the engineer set up in advance.
    I thought it was all live singing at Saitama, so it sounded to me.
    It was definetly not the usual "clean" sound I heard from so many DVDs/BDs before.

For me it felt live.

19. Yuki88

Yuki88 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    KuroiYuki88
    Some songs might be sung live but there's also a way that they can lipsync over a pre-recorded track that was made to be imperfect to make it sound like they're singing live lol

20. Open_SaysaMe

Open_SaysaMe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takajoaki
    Twitter:
    Open_SaysaMe
    ^I wonder if they do that? I do notice that, not only with AKB but many artists when they are performing live, that sometimes they will be lip-syncing but it's definitely a music recorded in a different way, to look like if it's live singing. I used to think that they would go on stage like on the previous day and sing the song live, because since they were alone they would not be nervous and anythin and so the music would sound better on the previous day, than if they would sing live on the specific day of the concert. I wonder if I could express my idea right?

Anyway I think that after all that might not be the case lol, since the acoustic isn't that good to be recording a song in a huge stage, so they do need to record it on a studio. But probably they record that version of the song the way as they're singing it, without editing this and fixing that?

That way we are really listening to a live version, even though it's not live from that day but from a previous one :p