ANIME thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by CDevil, Jun 11, 2007.

1. kyu

kyu Kenkyuusei

Currently watching Lucky Star ep...3, if I'm not mistaken.
    Konata is ALL AROUND!!! I just love the character. Though you need to be an otaku to fully understand what they're talking about.
    Funny anime overall. <3

2. hina

hina Member

not sure how many of you guys watch MACROSS FRONTIER, but did you know that Megumi Nakajima the voice and the singing voice behind Ranka Lee is born from a Filipino mother. :shock:

[​IMG][​IMG]

(taken from her wiki.)

Damn! this girl's voice is amazing, her rendition of some classic Macross songs were great, and her track- AIMO from the first Macross Frontier Soundtrack is really good. <3

[​IMG]

I hope she visits the Philippines someday, and sing in one of our anime conventions or something. that would be awesome! :D

3. Aigon

Aigon Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    TheJOMarra
    A new trailer for Gundam 00 Season 2 was released today:
    http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2008/08 ... ies-2-cm2/

Man, am I ever excited for this to start. Its gonna be awesome. The only bad thing is that I'm pretty sure Macross Frontier ends around the same time 00 S2 begins :(

4. qilver

qilver Kenkyuusei

@Hina,

thanks for the information about Megumi Nakajima , she does have an amazing voice, and i always want to learn more about good anime, good Japanese music, and other Seiyuu's besides Aya Hirano. :D

5. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

^
    ^
    ^ I've been watching Macross Frontier for a bit, and I have to say that I didn't know that. That is mighty cooky information.

B-)

6. chou

chou Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    you <3
    i just finished watching the whole series of cowboy bebop about...oh, 8 minutes ago (late night marathons ftw!) and i loved it so much. english dubs of course, for some reason i prefer them better than the original japanese. but ya, the whole storyline, characters, and of course music just appealed to me. i consider this a personal record for me, usually i never stick w/animes. LOL

7. Copyninja

Copyninja Member

Slayers season 4 <3

8. Kira

Kira Kenkyuusei

are watching gundam 00 season 1

9. john_hung

john_hung Kenkyuusei

a few years ago i was really hardcore into it, but i've pretty much lost interest in it :cry: now the only anime i watch is initial d on cable (although Excel Saga, 2x2=Shinobuden, Bakuretsu Tenshi, Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan and Green Green are still dear to my heart)

10. Kira

Kira Kenkyuusei

macross ost are really good song , sometime i always hear that, and the song i like is from ranka lee or should i say megumi nakajima, wow suprise to hear she was born from filipino mother.

thank for the review hina. get ready to watch magical girl lyrical nanoha seasons 3

11. hahaxwill

hahaxwill Kenkyuusei

Dead, after being struck in the heart by Chiyuu~
    Some good ones to watch are Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya if you love comedy and a little ecchi.
    Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann if you love Super Robot Wars or Mecha... with a little ecchi and humor. (Created my Gainax... Neon Genesis Evangelion anyone?)

12. Kira

Kira Kenkyuusei

i already watch suzumiya haruhi and that is great anime, wait for next season with long hair from haruhi.

i between like ecchi or not, but if the anime fun just like love hina, i would love to watch

13. hahaxwill

hahaxwill Kenkyuusei

Gurren Lagann has funny ecchi lol. You should watch it ^_^

14. gideon123

^ I saw some episodes during a holiday party with friends! It's pretty good!

And I could never remember how to spell the title. :XD:

15. hahaxwill

hahaxwill Kenkyuusei

Yeah, I had some trouble with the title when I started xP

Anyone seen Mushi-shi? I got about halfway :\ Need to finish that... but it's definitely interesting :D

About a guy who collects some organisms that are supposedly fungus-like but they aren't really... It explains their weird phenomena. They each have their own characteristic and such. Some of the stuff relate to real life... and I wonder if it could be true sometimes lol. (I even tried some of the stuff mentioned in the anime. Tis awesome. Changes your view on stuff.) Enlightening haha.

16. gideon123

^ I heard about that anime, too! We watched it after a trip to Otakon with some friends one year!

Sadly, I was so damn tired that I slept through a good number of episodes (I drove one of the cars that year :p).

17. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    Shakugan no Shana, anyone?

IMO, that is the best anime that I have EVER watched. Like, seriously, it was THAT good.

18. Copyninja

Copyninja Member

^ I Likes it, but it's not THAT good in my book. :D Seen the second series and the shanatan movies? :p

19. haruna_hamasaki

haruna_hamasaki Senbatsu Staff Member Studio48 Admin

I only watch Shugo Chara!! Doki and Vampire Knight.
    I was thinking of finding some new animes but I didn't know where to start with.

20. Kira

Kira Kenkyuusei

but second seasons from shana really boring and to much story than battle, i more like first seasons, because of that i don't finished watch second seasons, it seems the anime continued to third seasons

@haruna: how about watching school rumble , that good anime and much comedy, or soul eater , fight but fun and interesting^^