[BOOK] Mayuyu's 2nd PB [Saigo no Seifuku] (2013/04/19)

Discussion in 'Subunit/Solo News & Discussion' started by ithebigc, Jan 8, 2013.

1. YKT

YKT Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    MayuyuOrg
    Promo image released by sponichi:

[​IMG]

2. rafiqrafsanjani

rafiqrafsanjani Kenkyuusei

just ask, when oricon will announce the total sales?

little curious about the sales :D

3. YKT

YKT Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    MayuyuOrg
    More WРΒ scans - love the look of this photoshoot <3
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Credit @KawaeiJuri

4. oddball

oddball Member

I know that's like awesome value for Money, double checked the price when I was ordering because it looked to cheap for such goodness :^^;:

Suppose it's good though because as it doesn't cost to much many more people will think of buying it even if Mayu is not their favorites.....

5. YKT

YKT Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    MayuyuOrg
    More promo pics from FLASH magazine out today (NOT the exact same ones in the Photo Book)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
  7. GP1001

GP1001 Kenkyuusei

^ That number bugs me :cry: I was expecting something around her first PTB's sale...

8. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    can someone have some reasons behind such low sales?

I don't think it was about the quality; the whole shoot was good.

9. geoeyepie

geoeyepie Member

one word:

"ELECTION"

10. melyangelique

melyangelique Kenkyuusei

^^ Maybe not everyone likes seifuku? Or maybe it wasn't erotic enough, lol. Or wotas are saving up for the elections since this year is probably the most important for her so far?

Idk, but I personally enjoyed this photo book. :)

11. jigs

jigs Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    JigsAlice
    The numbers being pulled are similar to other PB released recently in the 48. Be it a little less since the election is so close. Consider this is also A5 size and quite small. I think larger prints have more appeal.

12. toddvanzetti

toddvanzetti Kenkyuusei

The answer is simple.

People are flawed. They do not always do the right thing.

The right thing was to buy the book. So, in a perfect world, it would have had more than seven billion copies distributed to the people of the world.

But people do not always do the right thing.

I also think the distribution was limited by the fact they asked people to pay money for the book. Had it been free, more people would have looked at it and come to know the reason for everything.

13. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    That's that. Suspended. [think]

14. Discothèque

Discothèque Member

Oshimen:
    anaichihiro
    Twitter:
    _ohmyArin
    Her first PB was released in May, one or two weeks before the voting period and she sold 44k. So I think it's too easy to say it's because of the election.

15. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    i can't believe people want to save up 1400 yen such a awesome photobook..

the ratio cost/efficiency is so damn high.

16. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    Well, the thing is, the photobook will always still be there after the election. But 1400 yen is enough for an extra vote, and if a lot of people do that, it's hundreds more votes for Mayuyu. Fans in Japan are able to strategize together a lot more than the international fans, which are more spread out everywhere.

Other than that, I believe the main reason really was the theme. Not everyone cares for a seifuku encyclopedia. She looks great in all the previews, but the theme is not really that special when she did it in Sayonara no Hashi already and AKB is always in seifuku inspired costumes all the time anyway.

17. Taker

Taker Kenkyuusei

Agree, also the A5 size really put a damper for the PB as well. For a A5 sized PB 1400 yen is a bit on the expensive side...

That and the election did put me off buying it when I saw it in Taipei and probably going to wait until the election is over, I might even put it off until I'm back in States in late June/Julyu and just order it then.

And the seifuku theme is a bit flat, granted it is a popular cosplay choice but like ithebigc said, AKB Group already have ton of Seifuku inspired costumes and having real live uniforms isn't always a plus but a minus instead. People may like fake school uniforms but not neccessary real life school uniforms. (it get to a creepy territory if you know what I mean.. :hmm: ) It's like a lot of 2-D fans loves 2-D twin-tails but can't stand real live twin-tails... :^^;:

And last but not least, as much as some might hate, skin/swimsuits sells PB, that and the supposedly "private/personal" shots are what drive the PB sales usually. This PB have neither, so this PB is already at disadvantage to begin with and is more of a niche market PB to begin with.

18. YKT

YKT Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    MayuyuOrg
    Currently ranked 7th in this list by Oricon with 33,491 copies sold (period 2012/12/03 to 2013/05/27)

Top 20
    [​IMG]