[EVENT] 24th Single Janken Tournament

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by maxaroni, Jul 3, 2011.

1. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    You'd be surprised how many akb fans would disagree. :D

2. dorkiilove

dorkiilove Kenkyuusei

^ oh trust me, I know. I saw what happened when acchan got #1 in senbatsu. A good number of people flipped out.

It was really quite amusing.

3. DSQ

DSQ Kenkyuusei

Omg I loved everything you said right there! :cute:

The people who hate on ucchii just because she won I will never understand them. Also we have the same 16 girls as center every time, whats wrong with a little shake up? I'm sure acchan and the front girls will survive not being in sebatsu this one time [think]

4. kurotori

kurotori Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyazawasae
    ^ The Team songs will be centered around them anyway :awesome:

I'll be joining you if that happens :fp:

I would love a Yuka center, and I really want Nacchi, Nattsumii, Haachan, Wasamin, Micha, and Chikarina in there, too.

I would be really happy if Sae was in senbatsu, but if there will be team songs, I know Team K's PV would be mostly centered around her, Yuko, and Tomochin :awesome:

I just hope the single isn't some crappy reject song, like CnJ...

5. Kay

Kay Kenkyuusei

Alright, I'm back from work and I've had all day to think on this and sort my thoughts out on this whole matter. I have a lot to say to this is going to be long...

First off, any girl can get to be center. This is really great for all the under-appreciated/under-used girls who are stuck in the theater almost all the time. I'm really, really, really looking forward to who will be center this year. YuukoxShii-chan FTW~ <3

I'm one of those who don't understand the hate Ucchi got for being last year's winner as well. Personally, I was too busy trying to learn the names and faces of everyone in the group at the time, so having her win really helped me to notice her more and I really like her as a result. I'm glad she got the spotlight and it was a great opportunity for her. Although, it is sad to see her not receiving much promotion after the tournament. She got the spotlight for maybe a month and then it faded away and she hasn't really appeared anywhere else. It's the opportunity of a lifetime for the under-rated members but once it's over, you're right back to where you started. To me, the type of spotlight received is not enough for these girls and they need, no, they deserve, more. Also, another problem is that even those girls who made senbatsu for last year's Janken were stuck in the back- behind Ucchi. It was great to see then in the PV and on TV and such but all the spotlight was on Ucchi because she won. Tanamin was in senbatsu but I'll be damned if anyone even noticed her throughout the whole thing. I'm not saying Ucchi didn't deserve the screen-time and all the hype (she did) but there should be focus not only on her but also the other members who made it in as well.

For those who say 'Oh, the single will sell no matter who wins'. Yes, that is true. It'll probably reach number one again but it won't be as heavily promoted as a regular senbatsu single (or sell quite as much) and, if this single is going to be a repeat of last year, the B-Sides will completely outshine the A-Side; to the point where no one cares about the A-Side, they just want the B-Sides.

Anyway, if they just rotated the center girls, or kept Kami 7 and rotated the other girls in senbatsu for every other single- we wouldn't have this problem of under-rated girls and AKB would be a much better group... I guess I'm all about wanting 'fairness' in AKB and I know that there is never fairness in the Idol world, you'll always have one member more popular/pushed/etc. than another, but I wish a little bit more effort would be made in selling AKB as a whole and not just the top 21 members.

Besides the chance to see a different center this time around, I'm really disappointed in the decision to have another Janken tournament...

Kay

6. Saya

Saya Kenkyuusei

I'm hoping for a Miichan center or a UG/TG center.
    I don't want a regular senbatsu girl (1-16) to get center (other than Miichan possibly Chiyuu).
    The only result that I'd be mad about, is if SKE or NMB made center. :angry:
    I don't want Acchan or Yuko as center either (even though they are my oshi's).

7. ohno

ohno Kenkyuusei

Are you guys sure people hate Ucchi? Not many people like the girl but I haven't seen widespread hatred for her after she got 1st place. I mean, people make fun of her appearance but other than that, she's too far back in the minds of most people to even be cared about. Harukyan has some haters though.

8. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    I like how half this thread is complaining about everyone hating on Ucchi and the other half is about Janken. Literally one post has something about not wanting Ucchi to win.

They should do this for every single. Except the janken girls would have to be outside of senbatsu every time.

9. chewybacca

chewybacca Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sudaakari
    Twitter:
    mhcc27
    I have to call out those so-called "fans" who plan to leave the fandom if the result isn't to their tastes. Ridiculous, simply ridiculous.
    Aki-P's providing a chance for a different lineup and you're all STILL complaining? :fp:

10. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    and to all that say they are leaving if they don't like the result...

Don't let the door hit your ASS on the way out [hi]

11. sikanwan

sikanwan Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    sikanwan
    ^ Agree!!

Btw, when will the match-up of the tournament be drawn?

12. Tensai

Tensai Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uchiyamanatsuki
    Twitter:
    Tensai
    I would expect it at the final Seibu Dome show. Actually surprised they didn't wait to announce it there - makes me wonder what they have up their sleeve.

13. dorkiilove

dorkiilove Kenkyuusei

ikr.
    no, they just don't want acchan to be middle. selective centers.

14. maxaroni

maxaroni Kenkyuusei

:fp:

To the people saying Ucchi and harukyan got antis because of their high ranking in janken: I can't say this for Ucchi but Kyan got her antis because she was a huge bitch during her video, not because she ranked 3rd. Ucchi is just unfortunate that she's not really going to be popular even with a push like that.

This is one single and it's allowing girls that no one has ever heard of to get a chance. The people in japan who like AKB48 are not like us; they know maybe 6 or 7 of the members, so there's a ton of girls who are still trying to even be recognized as a member of AKB.

Some people are being apprehensive about this and I don't understand why at all. To the people saying that the b-sides were much better than the a-side last year: i agree. Chance no Junban was forgettable. So is Everyday Katyusha, Sakura no Ki ni Narou, Shoujotachi yo... basically name a single a-side from the last two years and I'll say 'wow it's not as good as this song from this stage.' Does anyone remember when they released stage songs as singles? I doubt it because there's only like 5 or 6 people who even knew about AKB at that time. What I'm saying is that while it's exciting to have singles selling millions of copies and everything, you shouldn't be excited about every release. I hated Everyday Katyusha and Sakura no Ki ni Narou when they were being released and I don't like them much better now, but I'm still a fan of AKB48. Every single time a single senbatsu is announced and I see Matsui Jurina or Matsui Rena or even Sashihara Rino I get pissed off but here I am still posting news about AKB48 because I love AKB48[/i] and I still will even if their releases aren't the greatest, and if you people are threatening to leave the fandom because of Yui or Ucchi or Acchan even making senbatsu then you aren't true fans and I personally won't miss you.

Basically what Tenkun said is amazing and he's the best.

GUYS I HAVE A LOT OF OPINIONS :angry:

15. sikanwan

sikanwan Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    sikanwan
    I just re-watched the draw last year. (Oh it reminds about the sad thing ......... :wah: )
    I realize that Ucchi (1st) and Harukyan (2nd) were right before Erepyon to make the draw. If she didn't graduated, would she be the 3rd then!??......

I have a slight worry that a major member's graduation announcement would happen again before the Janken tournament.

16. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    It was even more amusing when she got 2nd last year, for quite a lot of us.

17. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

18. Criss

Criss Member

Well... Maeda have the same opportunity as all the girls but...;

Bets for Maeda as one of this year Janken Senbatsu are open :awesome: :awesome:

And dont worry, if senbatsu line up its crap they can repeat the same Teams B-sides trick as last year... Damn... this could turn very repetitive and predictable :fp: :fp:

19. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

^it is, but this time I'm all for it because I absolutely LOVED the Team Songs we got with CnJ.

ALIVE is still totally my jam.

20. BlitzTs

BlitzTs Kenkyuusei

It was the only song i like. Plus team k's wild look was awesome(not to mention the middle finger that was shown during the pv) [rock]