[EVENT] 24th Single Janken Tournament

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by maxaroni, Jul 3, 2011.

1. Zobii

Zobii Member

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Before the first janken, Ucchi to me used to be one of the girls that I did not find attractive and do not want to care or know about. The first janken did wonders in increasing my awareness of her existence and now, even tho she's far from being amongst my favourites, I definitely have a lot of respect for her and sometimes, in some pictures, i even think to myself, hmmm pretty. So yeah... =)

2. rjleeshin

rjleeshin Kenkyuusei

Just a suggestion:

instead of a Janken maybe they should do a raffle...

the Girls would pick a number out of a hat or something
    and whichever they pick is the number they have for the raffle

the way that are numbers picked is through a raffle drum and which ever number is picked or fell out of the drum, the girl who has the same number as the ball would get the spot

3. purekyunkyun

purekyunkyun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Twitter:
    purekyunkyun
    ^ If they did a raffle, there would be so many conspiracy theories on how the raffle was rigged. Even more so if Acchan won. :D

Also, the janken tournament allows every girl a chance to make senbatsu, while giving each girl to put their own fate in their own hands. Sure it's basically luck, but their own actions (choosing rock, paper, or scissors) determine their luck. In theory, the "losers" only have themselves to blame and the "winner" deserves to center.

4. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    I think Kay echoed my thoughts perfectly.

Excited for another chance for unpopular girls to shine and I don't mind that it's another Janken tournament since this year has been just a carbon copy of last year anyway but when I think about how CnJ was treated as a single, the excitement is brought down quite a bit. It was so obvious they didn't believe in nor care about Ucchi's senbatsu at all. The A-side was possibly the weakest AKB A-side ever, covers were inexcusably bad not up to standard at all like they weren't even trying, Acchan got too much screentime over girls who placed over her in election, and worse, the B-sides not only were superior songs but got the bigger budget and superior PV's as well. While I loved the Senbatsu and Team songs and wouldn't mind if they were done again for this single, if the A-side is going to be treated like a throw away UG song again I'll be severely disappointed. Maybe with AKB48's outstanding sales they'll take more risks this year and actually treat this year's Janken senbatsu like they matter. I won't hold my breath. Can't believe fans are concerned about million sellers... when there's a group with like sixty members and only a 3rd of them are considered 'worthy' of time in the spotlight, sales are the least of my worries. I don't see why wouldn't they try to use these tournaments as a chance to find more potential frontgirls or better yet, rotating the senbatsu members regularly. Kami7 and the rest of RS isn't going to be around forever, eventually these girls will graduate so why not try to use more of the girls they already have? Instead of, you know, having to INVENT teams just to place recently promoted members, more girls who'll get under-used anyway. :fp: I feel like I'm just randomly venting now so I'll stop here.

THIS SO FUCKIN MUCH <3

I hope she gets a crazy magical wave of dumb luck and lands a spot in senbatsu. It's a shame someone as talented and lovely as she is has no fighting spirit, but that's part of her charm I suppose.

5. Sorceress628

Sorceress628 Kenkyuusei

Best scenarios:
    Akimoto Sayaka center!
    Takahashi Minamia center! The only scenario where there wouldn't be a single complaint or anti.
    Hirajima Natsumi center!
    Unappreciated, non-senbatsu, no unit, no agency member center!

Okay scenario:
    Random KKS center!
    Theater girl center!
    Under girl center!
    Senbatsu center!

Worst scenario:
    Jurina center!

The best thing about Janken senbatsu last year was that it was AKB only. AKB48 kenkyusei, I can deal with because they are AKB. Damnit AkiP. The B-sides better not be Team SKE and Team NMB. I want my A, K, B, and hell you can even do 4. But you would need another edition to get the KKS in.

6. maxaroni

maxaroni Kenkyuusei

This please

7. Alexou1250

Alexou1250 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    otaaika
    she's in warota xD

and yea i would be so happy if she was centre

8. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    How was Harukyan a "huge bitch" during her video? The election video? I didn't see anything wrong with what she said there

9. Saya

Saya Kenkyuusei

So Team 4 basically? They're the only AKB members without units & agencies, and that are non-senbatsu.
    Although they're pushed quite a lot. Except for Komari it seems.

10. BlitzTs

BlitzTs Kenkyuusei

Either or this [rock] [rock]

Maybe this time round the song would be call Luck no junban. [hehe]

11. sikanwan

sikanwan Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    sikanwan
    ^ When I see slightly modified things, I think of Perori to Pepero. :lol: Especially with your signature

12. BlitzTs

BlitzTs Kenkyuusei

^
    :D :D

A total of 71 people will be participating this time. Akb48(team a, k, b, 4), 5 SKE and NMB member and 3 akb kks.

Source
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ym_DBkpk2Os[/yt]

71 :fp:

13. sikanwan

Twitter:
    sikanwan
    ^ 3 kks ... that's fewer than last year's .....
    Anyway, is Aimi going to join? :p

There are 48 members in SKE and only 16 in NMB, but they both have 5 quotas ...
    Would their KKS join the the qualifying round?

14. areyoume

areyoume Kenkyuusei

YAY: another Janken tournament [party]
    NAY: SKE & NMB involvement :fp:

15. dorkiilove

dorkiilove Kenkyuusei

Well I'm sure you were amused for that one year. [nod]

Anywho, I am excited to see how it is going to turn out.
    Hopefully Myao will get a high position too. ;-;

Well, I can dream.

16. ijkm

ijkm Kenkyuusei

I think ...
    No.1 Acchan
    No.2 Jurina
    No.3 Yama. Sayaka
    and all the remain girl will be backup dancers

Don't hit me :drool:

17. Saya

Saya Kenkyuusei

^ :fp: :fp:
    That's like the ultimate worst case possible scenario.
    If that happened I'd be like :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

18. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

Besides, that scenario would lead to the hardcorest conspiracy theories for sure... [hehe]

19. sikanwan

Twitter:
    sikanwan
    ^
    ^
    ^ If it really happens ... I would get frustrated, but accept it.
    Many people including me want a new face for center.
    But it's a fair game. If other girls can win, so can Acchan, right?

And it may be beneficial to those "back-up dancers" as management would promote A-side of this single as hard as usual.

20. srking

srking Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Echoe others' sentiments here:
    I want this tournament, don't mind it's janken again (it's the easiest and most random way I can think of), don't mind my oshis don't make it,

BUT

Please actually produce a good A-side and be more honest with pushing the center more!

For Mayumi-chan, I feel like it's not really a fair chance because of the bad song. I gave it maybe 3-4 chances, but it's just a bad song. Of course it's better than staying in UG forever, but still....

AND

Just to be more greedy, hope they produce Team B-sides again because all 3 of them were awesome. Does that mean there will be 4 editions to include Team 4 song???