Football Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by Discothèque, Jun 9, 2012.

1. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

Oh, Russia beat Spain...isn't it sad?
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

2. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    IMG-20180702-WA0000.jpg

Now I hope I'll win the scholarship to study in Japan so I'll move to Japan, wherever the city I live, when Vissel Kobe is having an away match, I'll be meeting Iniesta.

3. Tibbers

Tibbers Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Croatia vs Denmark..
    What a great game to watch, emotion until the end.

I still believe and hope for Croatia to reach the final.

4. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

highlight of Croatia vs Denmark

if the video does not show watch the video here

5. CrssA

CrssA Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    this is nice to read , especially from someone who's come from argentina. was the local people too already tired with messi-centric national teams ?

regarding the right brackets ,

imo. Croatia played well in this tournament ( even tho they beat denmark with dramatic penalty shootout ) , and England (ugh) they played promising good football but it against weak teams . i think both of them can pull an upset for the left bracket winners in Final.

what an irony (and surprises) if England win this world cup , they even didn't manage to won it on their golden generation at 2002 until 2010 :blink:

6. ET920

ET920 Member

It's pretty polarizing as we say here, you either love or hate him. Since he has been there the soccer association always asked him before contracting a new coach, he built a small table with Mascherano, Romero and other players who had to accept new players before they were placed into the national team (they have always been against Tevez and Icardi, for example). And our best coach (Simeone who is in Atletico Madrid in Spain) has always rejected the position because he didn't want to have Messi (or his father, or our previous association boss) messing with his dream team.

Personally, Messi is a great player when surrounded by great players, at club level. He has been with the main national team for over 13 years now and his best results have been runner-up in the America Cup (3x) and runner-up in the previous World Cup. Compared that to his 32 titles with the Barcelona it feels poor. So again, personally, I'm happy that he (and his group, who have been together since U-20) is gone for good. I could compare this to Jurina, shadowing new blood :awesome:

7. CrssA

CrssA Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    wow , surprising fact but its probably already commonly backstage facts that everyone had been guessing. iirc tevez had the best goal ratio in clubs at 13/14 seasons. but he even being left behind instead of Mediocre club strikers rodrigo palacio (and i'm long time nerrazurri big fans)

Simeone taking the coach position were unlikely imo ? at least after Griezzman probably stayed on atletico i dont think simeone will left the clubs even its for the national duty.

i was totally agreed they're probably should be gone for good. but i hope its not a going to a backlash result that strikes italy and holland for last few years. but as watching both of Dybala and Icardi performance for last few years ( well , both of them should be the #10 and #9 successor ) i think the national team still had a good prospect for the futures.

my big question was , would messi considered to lower his ego (re:dont messing with the national team selection) after 4 consecutive embarrassing runner ups ? (CA 2011 , WC 2014 , CA 2015-2016 )? sure he didn't want to get badge of honor of national team tho lmfao. and as fans who hadn't been born at the God's era , i would really like to see Messi at least can lit a major trophy for the national side so he can finally standing in par with the God itself (re: Diego Maradona)

sometimes golden generations of football teams were ironically cant help to bring the teams lit the trophy

Italy 02' , Holland 98' 02' , Argentina 06' 10' 14' , England 02' 06' 10'

of course there's sometimes an anomaly like Spain 08'-10'-12' triple back to back titles or Germany 14' and Brazil 02' winning teams. but who knows that Holland with only Sneijder-Robben-Van Persie trio can achieve better results rather than their predecessor golden generation squads. and Italy amazing run on 06'

oh no Jurina and Messi comparison , 1 is a person i respect so much and wishing all the best of its career , and 1 is the person i never cant stand about her existences lmfao :awesome:

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
  8. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

Bra-Bel?? Well anyway, i put these teams at fifa96 and get that like 8 pairs... well...

Brazil-Mexico Belgium-Japan ... both 1.
    Well... Bra-Mex is only one think 2-2? but when looks medals...
    Welll... Italian, Deuthlan, Argentina and Spa... hmm... Ironic or not: every one get lost at less medals...
    Well... it that is rule, teams like Mexico, Belgium, Japan, Russian, Croatia, Sweden (not champions but), Suisse
    Kol... hmm. Fra-mex Bel/jap so, Mex/Bel/Jap is one them final... Rus or Cro or Swe/Sui or Kol...
    Well, today, open that more, isn´t?

Actually... Croatian (after them are so nothing at gualafying and now best of 8... ) So, them coaach change was just time and...
    Well... thanks them fans and ... well... read of back.
    And Sweden... Well... Sweden already party something... but...

Germany. Olympic games going over them head, and party stops at champions...
    Let´s see how them at take home at that...

Buffon, Kroos, Messi And Hierro?

9. Tibbers

Tibbers Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    YESSS! We are in the quarterfinals!!!
    :banana:

10. ET920

ET920 Member

Contrary to many around here, I don't go for Uruguay now that Argentina is gone, but Brazil. Who I want to win the cup now:
    1. Brazil, yeah, would be 6 cups but at least they are South American.
    2. Uruguay, also a South American country but if they win they will pass Argentina (3 cups vs 2) that's why I don't want them to win :awesome:
    3. France or England. Elitist as I'm, I prefer a team that has won the cup before instead of having someone who has never won it. France is my first option, England is far back.
    4. Japan. Only because of idols :awesome:
    5. Anyone else.

11. rendizzz

rendizzz Next Girls

i heard Ronaldo said he still wanna participate in WC 2022 in Qatar, i don't know if this good or bad for Portugal
    don't dare you to do the same thing like him, Messi..you're done with Argentina national team, let the younger gen take the baton

12. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Songs played at world cup matches when the players are entering the pitch:

There're still 2 world cups before Messi turns 40 but I wish he could switch national team to Spain if he still wants to play at word cup.
    Argentina youths are hopeless.

13. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Are you serious? Japan's up 2-0 over Belgium!!! I was trying to say that Japan struck first, but the time I was writing...another Japan goal! Haraguchi and Inui! :cute:

14. Lt-weetabix

Lt-weetabix Kenkyuusei

Japan leading 2 - 0.

That 2nd goal :worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:

15. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Don't tell anyone that Mai Shiraishi put Japan up 2-0. [hehe] (Kirin is an official sponsor of the Japanese national soccer team, and new Maiyan CMs for Kirin just came out today.)

Honestly, though, I'm non-alcoholic.

EDIT 12:27 PM PDT (UTC -7): Belgium finally gets a goal...with a lob header??? :shock:

EDIT 12:32 PM PDT (UTC -7): Belgium has erased the 2-0 deficit, now it's tied 2-2. :fp:

16. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

Omg tie game !!!

17. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

Belgium -Japan is 2 all...
    Edit:
    Just...

18. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Welp.

Belgium strikes in the LAST MINUTE. :fp:

19. rendizzz

rendizzz Next Girls

What a game :shock:
    Belgium's super counter on the last minute kill Japan

20. OshimaYuko

OshimaYuko Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    Japan can still be proud of their performance, just lacked that know how to get them over the line.

• Like Like x 2