Single Itano Tomomi 7th [Gimme Gimme Luv] (2015/07/01)

Discussion in 'Subunit/Solo News & Discussion' started by xcrossfacekillahx, May 15, 2015.

1. vutt

vutt Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    King records published today details about single versions content:
    ■Limited Edition TYPE-A
    <CD>
    · Gimme Gimme Luv
    · Queen Bee
    · Gimme Gimme Luv (INST)
    · Queen Bee (INST)
    <DVD>
    · Gimme Gimme Luv (Music Video)

■ Limited Edition TYPE-B
    <CD>
    · Gimme Gimme Luv
    · Belly Dancer
    · Gimme Gimme Luv (INST)
    · Belly Dancer (INST)
    <GOODS>
    · GGL Water Pistol

■ Regular Edition
    <CD>
    · Gimme Gimme Luv
    · Queen Bee
    · Belly Dancer

Also limited shops will add 1 photo out of 10 possible variants

2. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    I'm still pressed about this GGL pistol...I could literally buy a water-gun for like 2$. I feel kind of cheated lol. I really didn't mind the whistle for "COME PARTY" because it had her logo on it and the strap also was specially made (that and it was LED). But a water-gun? lol.

3. vutt

vutt Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    ^ Well she is scheduled to have concert this summer at 音霊 OTODAMA SEA STUDIO which has basically beach party settings. I'm sure fans will put it into good use there :twisted:

btw Amazon uploaded covers in very high resolution: Regular, Type B, and Type A

4. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    I feel like I should cancel my order honestly...maybe just get Type A. I honestly have no use for a water-gun lol. For how much I paid for this new single, a water gun is cheap af lol.

P.S

Praise Amazon for HS-photo's lol~

5. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    Well, Acchan's main ambition has been to be an actress anyway and she has a new movie and a drama out so naturally music would be on the back burner. Sucks for us that got into her through the music she did with AKB but it's perfectly understandable. Mocchi seemed to be a one time thing since it was a prize (including her photobook) which is a shame considering how good her voice is but it doesn't seem like her label is much interested in promoting her as a soloist. Chiyuu's doing okay but I honestly don't think she's ever truly recovered from the fallout with that TV show and that PB cover scandal.

Yukirin and Takamina however I don't get. Because I thought for sure that once these girls got their careers started they would be rolling out the music. But Tomochin was pretty slow with the singles during her time in AKB too so maybe they'll step it up when they've graduated.

6. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    u know who I totally forgot about...like 100%...Sasshi has a solo haha. Omg...I literally just remembered now. Gosh, she should really release a new single. People would totally buy it since she's really popular atm. It's been 3 years...I guess she takes the cake for longest hiatus as a soloist under the 48-group umbrella.

7. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    @Konno A.

Lol, I forgot about Sasshi too. X-D Crazy since I loved her solos. I don't think Sasshi was ever meant to be a soloist and she always favored producing more but it'd be awesome if she could give us another single with a great gag.

8. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    There are too many girls with solo's...management can't keep up really. Kaotan and Milky have one and Milky only debuted in 2014 (what was it, Christmas of 2014...so like 2015 lol). I enjoy the solo's, I really do, but they shouldn't give them out if they can't actually keep up with them. I think that's one of the reasons why I love Itano. Her commitment to her solo work really shows off. She enjoys this work and wants to be the next Namie Amuro/Koda Kumi/Ayumi Hamasaki ( she's like a mix to me lol). I expect Takamina and Yukirin to care more after they graduate (no way Yukirin won't...she's already solidified herself as someone who can handle being alone on stage).

9. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    Yeah, I really glad Tomochin got the solo opportunity because she really shows how serious she is about it. Tbh, AKB kind of set the tone for how most of their soloists would go when they first gave it to Meetan all those years ago. :^^;: They never really seemed serious about building a strong solo department like H!P did in it's heyday which is the shame considering all the talent they had like Sayaka, Masuda, N-nacchi, etc. that could have made it pretty great. On the H!P side, I wish they would give out more solos. The solo department just up and disappeared with Mano. Which is crazy when they have much better singers now like Sakura and Meimi that I'd pay good money to see ride solo.

10. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Ah~ H!P~ lol. They did have a number of soloist back in the day (Goto Maki was such a big deal; Aya Matsuura too)~ Mano Erina, I guess was the last soloist. There was suppose to be this other girl, but I don't know what happened to her lol. I hope they give one out to a C-ute member when they disband (Okai Chisato is my bet, but Airi would probably get one over her lol). I wonder if it's too expensive tho? That's probably a good question lol.

Also, I heard Itano wrote most of the lyrics for this single. I wonder if that's true or not because I didn't believe it when she told us she wrote "Little" and "Girl's Do", but then I got my copy and saw her name credited for 'Lyrics', and it like blew my mind lolol. I really love "Little" and was impressed with the lyrics too. She's kind of expanding herself as a soloist.

11. MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    If anyone has a marketable post-Idol solo career, it's Tomochin. Her style has evolved to the point that if I didn't know her, I would never assume that she began as an Idol.

Hmmm :( Only two b-sides this time....

12. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    There is another girl now that I think about it. She was originally in Milkyway but yeah she's pretty off the radar. I'm surprised Airi hasn't gotten one already but I wouldn't be surprised to see her and/or Chisato get a solo career when C-ute becomes inactive. I thought Miyabi would have been a good candidate after Berryz went on hiatus but she's going creating a new group instead. Idk, Mano's sales were never really great but she lasted until her own graduation. With all the auditions, rebirths, and new groups being created now there seems to be money in the budget for new acts so they might as well throw some money at the solo department.

Didn't Tomochin write some lyrics for a song on 10nen as well? I always felt she was suited this Ayumi Hamasaki/Namie Amuro like combo especially since she doesn't really have Namie's great voice to go with the cool dance moves. Ayu makes up with what she lacks in vocal power with artsy, heart felt lyrics, and a tight control over her image. Tomochin has the ability and the dedication to do all that. It's too bad soloists just aren't doing too well these days, in a better climate, she'd probably be thriving instead of just doing good enough.

13. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Her name is Yuu Kikkawa (I follow her and yea...she sells at most 5,000 copies for all her singles). But she's not under H!P. She's under Up-Front. Tsunku does write her lyrics tho (well, not anymore since u know). I didn't know Miyabi was creating her own group? I tots thought she was going solo? Well, I shall support her new group when it comes together.

Ah, you're totally right about the solo environment thing. Barely solo artists are doing well in Japan (even the big names don't sell anywhere close to what they did back in the early 2000s/mid-2000s. I wonder why it's like that? I think a soloist is really interesting. I follow Aoi Eir pretty religiously and she's doing quite well for an Anison singer, but they kind of have their fandom that takes care of them.

14. Faint

Faint Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gabrielamargarethwarouw
    the way Tomochin's music is developing kind of reminds me of YU-A when she dyed her hair purple. the purple hair changed everything. instead of dying her hair purple though, Tomo titled her album SxWxAxG. it's the same effect.

15. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    She wrote several lyrics including Little, I think.

16. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Yep, she wrote "Little" and "Girl's Do"; she's credited in the Lyrics booklet for the single~

17. Faint

Faint Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gabrielamargarethwarouw
    she wrote the lyrics to lose-lose as well.

18. Bruno

Bruno Kenkyuusei

B-side from Gimme Gimme Luv, "Queen Bee". 21:12 awesome ! I'm dying with the rap part<3<3<3

if the video does not show watch the video here

Last edited: Jun 21, 2015
  19. TeamTomo98

TeamTomo98 Kenkyuusei

20. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    LOVE "Queen Bee"~~ thx for sharing it~ this is shaping up to be my favorite Itano single lol~~ if "Belly Dancer" is good too, then I make no regrets in my purchase~

Also, did ya'll see the other covers for King Records? There is 5 in total and they are really nice...albeit, very similar looking~