Single Itano Tomomi 7th [Gimme Gimme Luv] (2015/07/01)

Discussion in 'Subunit/Solo News & Discussion' started by xcrossfacekillahx, May 15, 2015.

1. Faint

Faint Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gabrielamargarethwarouw
    what i found about this single and COME PARTY! is that they don't have much replay value. i only listened to this single twice and i don't feel like i need to listen to it again for a while. which i never found with her other single, especially her first three, i would listen to those ones lots. even the new songs from her album i listened to tons. i do like the direction her sound is going in and appreciate that she's doing something different, i just don't find myself wanting to listen to it very often.

2. Deyan

Deyan Member

Twitter:
    MrWeilai
    I listen to these songs only because they are Tomochin's. Otherwise I wouldn't, they are not my style.

3. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    I'm not surprised tho. This is a very niche type of music and u either actually like the music (like I do) or you're like a big fan of the artist. I know many people who don't like Koda Kumi's music now, but Kumi herself really likes that type of music regardless of her sales these days.

It just seems like Itano is trying to find her own color. I just hope she won't sell herself to release a song that would get higher sales. She's gotta build up a new fanbase now that her name is not gonna be attached to AKB anymore (and for the fans that continued with her from her graduation, we just gotta buy her shit lol)

4. Deyan

Deyan Member

Twitter:
    MrWeilai
    ^ I don't think Tomochin's music is very niche, it's basically what pop is currently about. It sounds very Kpop/American pop. AKB's music is much more niche from a global point of view. Even if most Japanese artists don't release that type of songs, most Japanese people listen to the foreign artists who do.
    I'll always support Tomochin's music anyway, she's been one of my favorite members for almost ten years now, she even was my oshi when Rinatin and later Maimai graduated. She'll always have a special place in my heart. She could sing the phone book I'd still buy it and listen to it.

5. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    LOL~~ I laughed a little harder than I should have for that phone book thing.

And Idk, I guess I just consider her music niche. You're right tho, it is very Western-style and I really don't like American music that much. Albeit, I love random stuff like "Anaconda" by Nicki Minaj or anything by Rihanna lol.

6. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    That's the point though - it's niche because it's that section of the market. It's clearly not that popular in Japan, but Tomochin seems to like it which is why she keeps on making music in that style.

7. vutt

vutt Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    This single was not only sounding like western pop it was actually written/produced by western people. Look at credits
    No Koreans however this time.

8. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Really sad Itano didn't participate in this single like at all. When I get my CD, I'll double check that wiki page~

EDIT: Got my CD today. I got Version B with the water gun and yep, the names check out.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
  9. shirocha

shirocha Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Miyazawa Sae, Kinoshita Momoka
    Twitter:
    soonyoungi_
    Belly Dancer is SOOOOOOO good!! *_*
    I'm usually not into this style of music at all but !!!!!!

10. jnam12

jnam12 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsumurakaori
    This single is SUPER solid, better than come party. I think Tomo is really trying to get out of the title "Former AKB member Itano Tomomi" but just "Soloist Itano Tomomi" but her singles aren't charting well :(
    I really loved the B-sides of this single, Gimme Love is pretty strong, but YEA Belly Dancer omg and Queen B

11. vutt

vutt Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    My package finally arrived. Via Tenso.com that's why it took so long.
    [​IMG]

Yes. That's fully functional water pistol btw.
    DVD content was disappointing - only MV. No making of...

12. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    That's why I didn't buy the DVD one...it only contains the MV. Which is such a cop out for DVD contents imo. I kept my purchase tho (of only Type B) and the gun is cute. I just wished they personalized it with Itano's sig (like they did on the whistle), but it was the most expensive water gun I've ever bought LOL

13. Neon

Neon Kenkyuusei

Unfortunately unless you're someone of Amuro Namie's caliber, Japan just doesn't seem to care much about soloists anymore. It doesn't help that she doesn't make the music that the Japanese general public want to hear. For me, this is the music I like (and the only reason I even discovered AKB is because of Dear J) so no matter what she releases I'm sure to love it but I'm not sure how much longer she can go on without a hit and good sales numbers. Chiyuu seems to have already given up herself. :(

14. Faint

Faint Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gabrielamargarethwarouw
    I think Tomochin is prepared to continue even if she's not very popular. she's still charting better/selling more than most current soloists. Abe Mao continues to release music even though every album charts at #22 lol, and there are many more artists that proceed even without charting in the top 50. so as long as her sales continue to be approximately what they are now she should be safe, however if her sales start going down with each release and a few singles form now she's only selling hundreds, then that's a bad sign.