Single Itano Tomomi 7th [Gimme Gimme Luv] (2015/07/01)

Discussion in 'Subunit/Solo News & Discussion' started by xcrossfacekillahx, May 15, 2015.

1. KatieKat1690

KatieKat1690 Member

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    ^I love it. This is looking to be my favorite single as well. Im usually not an fan of Itano singles but this latest one is great. Queen Bee is awesome!

2. vutt

vutt Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    「Gimme Gimme Luv」 Ongaku no Hi live TV performance:

3. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    That was alright~~ She didn't really seem to be that into the performance, but still better than nothing lol

4. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
  5. Inlope

Inlope Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuirena
    Oricon Day 1

[​IMG]

#3 sold 14,669

6. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Oh damn. 3rd place only had sales of about 15,000 copies. This might sell less than "Come Party!"~~~ well, I'm hoping more people will buy it in the coming days cause what a shame~ this single is so good lol~

On the bright side: LovendoR is doing way better than I was expecting. Their debut single is really lackluster compared to their indie work, but I have hope for Reina+the others (still learning their names lol)

7. unwanted

unwanted Kenkyuusei

Come Party had about 15000 copies in the first week, so this is a pretty good result for Tomochin. She might finally be increasing her sales again.

Edit: I'm an idiot and didn't wait for the pic to load (slow connection). That's indeed bad news for Tomochin. :cry:

Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
  8. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Gosh, I'm quite surprised on the Oricon rankings on Tomochin's single. Even surprised about LoVendoR (#4; I ordered that single) ranking higher than Tomochin! :O

9. vutt

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
  10. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    3rd place only sold like 4,000 copies~ sad about LovendoR dropping out of top 10 then (but they are already doing better than what I expected lol).
    I wonder why Itano is not doing so well? "Little" sold really well imo and then "Come Party!" came. I thought it was just bad timing and the song wasn't even original too. But I thought this was going to be her comeback from "Come Party!". But it's true, she's stable, which is good. If she at least gets into Top 5, by the end of the week, I think that would do her some justice (regardless of her sales).

I wonder if she's being too niche? This type of music -at least imo - isn't all too popular in Japan. But I'm happy she's doing music she likes.

11. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    In a way, it feels like she was several years too late. She would've fit right in the era of the R&B/Pop divas like Ayumi Hamasaki, Namie Amuro, Koda Kumi, Utada Hikaru, etc. That era ended right as the female idol boom happened, Dear J was at the tail end of it and even then, it was crazy how successful it was.

Maybe Dear J lightening in a bottle situation won't happen again but she can probably reach Little's success again. She's hanging in there while being true to herself so that counts for something.

12. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    *Yeah, LoVendoR is #11. LoVendoR as a group has only been in the business since late 2011/early 2012...

13. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    If it wasn't for the loyal fanbases those women have worked hard to gain, I don't think their music would be selling decently these days. Ayumi and Koda have been declining for awhile, but still do really well imo, and Amuro did really well with her newest album (and it's mostly english pop music fused with J-pop). Itano is doing what she likes, and it does count for something; it draws me to her that she's actually enjoying her solo career. The fact that she writes the lyrics to her music is really nice (not all the time, but I've been seeing her name being credited more and more).

EDIT: Since no one else did this and I don't want to do another double post, Itano was number 5 today on the charts and 3rd place sold 2,392 copies.

EDIT 2: July 5th Itano goes up to rank 3 and sold 2,533 copies (this is good rank and good sales for a sunday). As a side-note: LovendoR goes back into the Top 10 at rank 7.

EDIT 3: July 6th Itano goes down to Rank 4. 3rd place sold 2,615 copies. I feel like she either sold the same amount as Come Party! or just pretty close (either a little lower or a little higher)

Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
  14. vutt

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    MJ performance

15. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    ^ That was so much better~~ and she sang live it seems. She's quite stable considering the dance is more rigorous than anything she's done before (solo wise).

16. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Tomomi Itano's 7th Single (1st Week Sales)
    Week 1: 14,803 (6th)

17. vutt

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    ^ I guess this is her non-AKB solo level sales without heavy gimmicks atm since it's more or less the same as her last single.

18. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Yea, just as I was thinking, the same as "Come Party!" I think when she releases another single, if the sales are the same, then yea, this would be her loyal fanbase supporting her outside of AKB officially.

19. polar_star

polar_star Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shibataaya
    Does anyone follow her on the digital charts?

I only just checked now and she's 44 on recochoku, but just wondering if she went higher (BwT is 43 haha).

20. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    I don't follow her that well, but I follow Aoi Eir quite religiously, and I never saw Itano really hit the Top 20 that much. Aoi Eir is still in the Top 20 and she's been there awhile, so I feel like I would have noticed Itano too.