Japanese girl group AKB48 rumoured to have visited Yasukuni

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Torigoya-San, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Torigoya-San

Torigoya-San Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    The Korea Herald/Asia News Network
    Friday, Jan 04, 2013

Top Japanese girl group AKB48 is being blasted on the Internet over rumours that two of its members visited the disputed Yasukuni shrine.

According to reports by Korean and Chinese media on Wednesday, AKB48's Itano Domomi and Simajaki Haruka allegedly visited the shrine on Tuesday to celebrate the New Year.

The rumour infuriated Korean and Chinese Internet users. Visiting the Yasukuni shrine is considered an insult to most Koreans and Chinese, as it honors several top war criminals including former Japanese Prime Minister Hideki Tojo.

The rumour, however, is yet to be confirmed by the Japanese media or the group's agency.

AKB48, a 48-member-girl group which debuted in 2005, is considered one of the top girl groups in Japan. The group is so popular in the country that it even runs an exclusive theatre in Akihabara, Tokyo, which hosts the group's performances

Link : http://www.asiaone.com/News/Latest%2BNe ... 93312.html

[wonder] I am pretty sure this is more likely fake since they got the names of Tomochin and Paru wrong [hehe]

2. icehism

icehism Kenkyuusei

Re: Japanese girl group AKB48 rumoured to have visited Yasuk

Because visiting a shrine built in 1800s that encloses a several thousand out of 2.46 million people is that offending.

The museum on the other hand.....::: no just no

Anyways, bonus points to tomochin and paruru from nationalists :D

And the article is actually right, the names are wrong because it was translated from Korean to English (I saw the original chosun article and that's how the name would be in hangul)

3. Zippy

Zippy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatakaren

There are no Domomi and Simajaki in AKB, so this article is a complete bull :awesome:

4. kojiharuchan

kojiharuchan Kenkyuusei

This is funny ... why get angry at them both, you(korean & china) are only a fan not their parents or guardian lol
    weather its true or not people have their freedom to go where they like or dislike whatever floats their boat.

I couldn't care less if they have been there or not, doesn't change how I feel or think of them both. Paruru is still cute so does tomomi :D

of course I hope that its fake ~

5. Kyulmie

Kyulmie Kenkyuusei

As much I hope it's false, this is true.

Several days ago, 2ch already speculated that the 2 went to Yasukuni on New Year Day due to lots of twitter users claimed to see them at the shrine. Of course everyone thought it was pure bs until Tomochin posted a photo of her and Shimazaki at the shrine on TeamTomo.

6. seiryu

seiryu Kenkyuusei

I visited the shrine last year. A must-see attraction in Tokyo I think. What's wrong when two girls visit a shrine, regardless of what are stored inside???? :hmm: :hmm:

7. Redirector

Redirector Kenkyuusei

Honestly nothing, but that doesn't mean that international fans won't take advantage of the rumors and turn it into some political conflict, which is probably the root reason why some older (international) fans are mad. And by "international" I mean fans in other Asian countries. In fact, I'm certain there are anti-AKB48 Korean and Chinese netiziens that are just using it as an excuse to bombard AKB :fp: :fp: . I mean, seriously of course they are :fp:

At first when I read the article I was too focused on the fact that Paruru and Tomochin were together again :awesome: ParuTomo for the win! [rock]

8. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah

No problem with Paruru and Tomochin visiting the shrine. Even got the names wrong.

9. lusobr

lusobr Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami

There are bigots all over the world in every nationality and culture. Or as they say it on the street "haters gonna hate".

I personally don't think it's a big deal. Chances are both of them have no idea what happened there or what meaning it has for the Chinese and Korean. To them it's probably just a big and famous shrine. Although insensitive their visit wasn't malicious and getting angry about it is misdirecting outrage that should go to a government that has been dead for centuries.

Do you happen to have the link to that picture or the picture itself?

lol. That's what I thought when I read it [notme] But later figured it was probably just a bad translation. Like sites that call Umeta Ayano "Umeda".

10. mochichan

mochichan Kenkyuusei

There's a history with the shrine. Soldiers from WWII are in there but to China and Korea, those soldiers as war criminals and shouldn't be allow to be bury in a shrine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Controvers ... uni_Shrine

On one hand I understand where they're coming from, but on the other, the shrine hold burials for many other people too and to those girls, they're just visiting a shrine for new year so there's no bad intent.

Anyway I don't even know who these Itano Domomi and Simajaki Haruka are...Are they new members or something? [wonder] :hehe:
    I think Domomi is from the same team as Odama Yuko right?

11. tomochin

tomochin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oshimayuko

Seriously, they need to stop bringing up crap from the past. This generation that has nothing to do with what was done in the past does not need to be dragged down because of a group of pathetic people.

12. Kyulmie

Kyulmie Kenkyuusei

Yes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. PoIyrhythm

PoIyrhythm Kenkyuusei

The fuck cares? :hmm:

I'm Chinese and there's no offense taken. Old people need to grow up or die off.

14. Redirector

Redirector Kenkyuusei

I think the "die off" part is a little much but I do agree that they need to grow up and get over it. It seems like the older generation in China and Korea (and of course Japan too sometimes) have a habit of opening up old wounds at the worst of times for the stupidest of reasons. And sometimes it happens just as the wound is about to finally close up. It's like they want the drama, and they don't want the issue to disappear to they are trying their best and using any excuse to bring them back up to the surface. This article as well, is (as I've said before) just being used another excuse to get old political frictions involved and turn them into new ones. Of course it's also ridiculous that the younger generations (in this case the netizens) are following their parent's footsteps without any regard as to what bigger effect it could have :fp:

15. Zippy

Zippy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatakaren

Who is that girl at the back who look like Tomochin?
    I bet she is Itano Domomi :angry: I blame you, u little... :angry:

16. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

The Japanese have been Kept So ignorant of this part of history, unlike Germany, that these girls wouldn't have a clue why it is so sensitive to Some.

Just think of that recent Indian rape case with 6 men and multiply that by a few million be get the magnitude of the situation and why earlier generations are not so forgiving or forgetting• A discussion hereon best left alone . I have read many of the accounts and seen many of the photos.

Time to end this thread I Think.

17. vutt

vutt Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc

^^ If I'm not mistaken then she's their (AKB) dance instructor.

18. ujtesting

ujtesting Kenkyuusei

Politic is never reasonable and it is not about right or wrong. Given the fact that Sae and Marianu still need to work in SNH, going to that place is not very well-thought-out.

19. ET920

ET920 Member

Why, that is exactly what I think when someone posts stuff like "if Acchan were still in AKB..." :awesome:

20. Torigoya-San

Torigoya-San Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru

Some of us may not care, but it seems that large numbers of our compatriots both young and old DO care, and majority always seems to win, like it or not [wonder]

Anyway, I think that it should not be a big matter since the two are not politicians. So our lame compatriots who make a big fuss should just fuck off [rock]