Japanese girl group AKB48 rumoured to have visited Yasukuni

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Torigoya-San, Jan 6, 2013.

1. lilypie

lilypie Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kodamaharuka
    Re: Japanese girl group AKB48 rumoured to have visited Yasuk

This circles in political issues, which is unpleasant but it's always there. Nothing much we can do about it.

Though yeah, this will gain the girls (and the group) some potential international nationalist hater @_@; Since the Japanese are known to purposely "ignore" this part of history, as some would call it all just a rumour and a story. History is all opinionated and from different point of views.

But people need to understand that future generations should NOT have to hold responsibility for what the older generations did.

Though I'm personally iffy about the shrine myself...as it houses A-class criminals, though only to the non-Japanese.

2. KyuketsuNyanNyan

KyuketsuNyanNyan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru

I personally couldn't give more of a damn about who is housed in that shrine considering it doesn't concern me in anyway (the past is the past, learn from it and move on, thats it)

And really, as much as the Japanese army were, I admit, complete jerks in the past, I don't really see what is so wrong about this shrine, just paying respects to the fallen who served the country, nothing much to be so butthurt about :fp:

That said, remind me to visit it when I go to Japan next time if possible...should be interesting to see how its like

3. lunar

lunar Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    maedaami

^ Agreed, I can care less. It's like every little thing AKB does, the news just blows it all up.

4. arifer

arifer Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    arifer48

Well... there's no headline news lately so AsiaOne decided to put this on! :lol:

5. putripww

putripww Kenkyuusei

^
    ^
    lol that's true, AKB news will make more readers.. [hehe]

6. arifer

Twitter:
    arifer48

But... Domomi... WTF :fp:
    I thought it was Domo-kun....

And Asiaone is from my country :fp:

7. satyandanur

satyandanur Kenkyuusei

Yeah, Domochin and Simajaki... :D

8. Mano Haruka

Mano Haruka Kenkyuusei

the shrine is just like the church, a place majorly for prayer...
    they went there on the very first day of the new year, clearly the intention being new year prayer...

nobody would go to mourn the war criminals on new year day, not to say the troublesome procedure required before entering the particular chamber for criminals.

9. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru

So freaking over all this racial shit being brought up over dumbshit like rocks and shrine visits. Go find real problems like bank lenders secretly giving you subsidiary mortgages with higher interest rates or losing your kid over some dipshit with a gun trying to play hero and the law won't do anything about it. :hmm:

10. Akira Hitoshi

Akira Hitoshi Kenkyuusei

Majijo's Rooftop, staring at the clouds...
    Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu

Yeah I agree too...making a big deal out of something like this is pretty stupid, but don't forget...not everyone is a fan of AKB like we are...especially not people with a bit too much nationalism, so they look at this situation differently than we do [shock]

I just hope they realize how BS this whole thing is and just move on, unless they're purposely causing trouble :fp:

11. achanp2

achanp2 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki

Cheap news. They're just trying to find excuse to bring up old political issues. Besides, they were born in 90's, they live in the present. They've nothing to do with the war. I'm sure they didn't have any intention to go there to make Chinese and Korean angry.
    Domomi and Simajaki just wanted to celebrate New Year's eve in a shrine. Why is that wrong? [wonder]

12. arifer

Twitter:
    arifer48

^Yeah, I mean Domomi should just pose in front of the shrine. That'll appease their anger. So cute <3 (Especially the new name :lol:)

13. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48

I think it's more offensive that they're doing the V-sign outside a solemn place like they're at Disneyland or something :fp: after seeing some of our Japanese exchange students doing it at the Australian War Memorial-one of Australia's most sacred places- I had to warn them that it could be considered super offensive and they need to be more mindful. Only the girl from Hiroshima understood why...

14. Llewella

Llewella Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki

They are public personalities, so this was a stupid move, because this visit, coming from public personalities, has meaning.
    But I'm quite certain the girls had no idea about what they were doing, and even if ignorance can't be an excuse, it still means this should not be given too much importance.

15. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild

What does the V-sign mean to them? V for Victory or V for Peace? Important issue.

16. vutt

vutt Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc

^^ AKB have actually performed in that Shrine in the past: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5j3xIymfsY

So I guess we can call all AKB girls stupid including management.

17. Llewella

Llewella Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki

^ Yes, that's the kind of move that could easily backfire ... So it can be called stupid I think.

18. seiryu

seiryu Kenkyuusei

According to Wikipedia, V-sign here mean peace http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V_sign#V_sign_in_photographs_of_Japanese. So no offence intended :)

Nah, from some Japanese I know, it is not really ignorance. Yasukuni is not a place to commemorate war criminals. It is wrong to think like that. Yasukuni is a war memorial for all Japanese soldiers died in wars. There are millions soldiers there but only fewer than 10 war criminals. And a shrine in Japan is like a church, mosque or pagoda, it is not only a place to remember the dead but also a place for praying for good luck. In this case, the girls most likely go there for praying so their only meaning is that they wish good luck in the new year :D

19. Llewella

Llewella Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki

^ AKB is trying to internationalize itself since some years back. It wasn't true when they did the concert, but it was true when Itano and Haruka visited. They should think about how their actions are perceived.
    And sorry but, even among Japanese population, when politician visit this shrine, it's not neutral.

20. seiryu

seiryu Kenkyuusei

^ I totally agree, from a PR point of view, their action was a bit careless. With the news in a mainstream media like AsiaOne, the management probably advises the girls against doing that in future. After all, AKB is an entertainment group and PR is very important. However, as fans, I guess we need to "let the music heal our soul" :D