JKT48 RIVAL(s)

Discussion in 'General JKT48 Discussion' started by too much idea, Jun 10, 2013.

1. DreamerKid

DreamerKid Kenkyuusei

so there are no news from any of these idol group / girl band isn't it? too bad since this year will be the last year for cherrybell, the one indonesia girl band that i consider as the real rival for JKT48, that mean that JKT48 will have now rival whatsoever

i dont know whether its good or not, because i think JKT48 need this healthy rivalry with other girl group......i kinda hope we will have an official rival for them just like nogizaka46, if Aki-P or any real producer decided to make another idol group then this is the time, because the market is wide open...!

2. zakky26

zakky26 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ghaidafarisya
    Twitter:
    zakky17_
    I heard that Fleurs Meron and Wish merged into one Idol Group..and they call themselves Ministry of Idol now[​IMG]

3. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    Yeah, and people barely knows them.

People consider Cjr and JKT48 are rivals but they don't even in JKT's levels for me lol

4. DreamerKid

DreamerKid Kenkyuusei

^^ oh really?? well ministry of Idol... that a bold name ;), but they still indy right??? hmm then we still cant say that they are JKT48 rival...but we'll see, maybe in a couple of months (or even years) they can be the rival.... i would love to see their performances, just so i know how good they are :D

oh yeah I also watch on one of entertainment news, i forgot which one, that some dangdut singer is being a producer of a male idol group comprises with 15 or so boys, they made a music video in kota tua i believe, maybe this will work too, who knows, but after smash i dont think anyone interested in male idol / boy band. lol

5. shunusuke

shunusuke Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sendyariani
    I don't know why, but I feel I wanna support them,, :D

6. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    Or probably that time wouldn't come, then one day they will audition for JKT...haha

7. zakky26

zakky26 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ghaidafarisya
    Twitter:
    zakky17_
    Actually some of those girls auditioned for JKT 1st and 2nd gen...

8. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    Too bad they weren't picked though...

9. Raihanazharmuhammad

Raihanazharmuhammad Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    Twitter:
    RaihanazharM
    did you mean "Unofficial dude?"

10. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    First off surprised that this thread is still alive
    Ministry of Idol? Seems like their trying 48's "school" concept.

Up until now the only ones who can truly capable of "facing" JKT is Cherrybelle and her sister whatever that group name is. Cherrybelle can really perform (Went to their live once, to accompany my cousin who is a hard core fan of them. They have good MC skill, they can joke, can dance and sing) , after losing Annisa they are not the same as before tho

11. CherryBlossom48

CherryBlossom48 Member

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    ^ i heard their contract as girlband will end next year

12. mb1619

mb1619 Kenkyuusei

I haven't really followed JKT48 or the Indonesian music scene very much, so i'd like to ask: Is idol music mainstream in Indonesia as it is in Japan and Korea? And is it more akin to the Japanese or Korean idol style? On a scale of 1-10 how popular/ successful are JKT48, with 10 being akin to AKB's position in the Japanese music industry or One Direction in the British/American market?

13. PooPyon

PooPyon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yoshihashi Yuzuka
    Twitter:
    akibachans
    Idols are common and loved by mostly teenage girls, but the truly mainstream ones are restricted to Koreans. The last time I was there, KPop was given the same amount of attention as celebrities in the west; gossips about Lee Minho were side by side with that of Jennifer Lawrence in tabloids, and you can see quite a lot advertisements featuring KPop celebrities as well. The local idols mainly tried to mimic the success of KPop by imitating their style, be it in choreography, music, or fashion: Cherrybelle is a prime example of this, taking inspiration of the early days of SNSD. They're arguably the most famous girl group in Indonesia, not counting JKT48 into the equation. However, as far as I can tell, they've received plenty of backlash from the public from "copying" KPop, even though they of course have their own fans.

JKT48 changed the scene because they're an official sister group, hence why fans embrace them instead of branding them as a cheap knockoff of idols in Korea/Japan (which has happened to a lot of idol groups in Indonesia-- the amount of hate and disgust for the less lucky ones are... quite disheartening). Melody, Nabilah, and Haruka are very well known to the Indonesian public, since they're basically the face of JKT48. It doesn't hurt that Haruka is a regular at a popular TV show Ini Talkshow either.

To answer your question though: the idol market in Indonesia have their own niche. Obviously the KPop-loving fangirls will stick to their oppa and not care about JKT48. However, JKT48 did a great job of building themselves from near zero (since there weren't a lot of AKB48 fans in Indonesia in the first place) and establishing a fanbase that (I think) weren't idol fans to begin with. If you say "idol culture" in Indonesia -- or affectionately called "ngaidol" by locals -- they'd probably think you're referring to JKT48/AKB48. The demographics of these "wotas" are young men in their teens or twenties (some girls as well, with very very few middle-aged guys), while KPop fans continue to be girls in their teenage years. They're a different market, but both are undeniably very popular.

As for JKT48's popularity, they've gone a long way since their debut in 2011. Currently, they're the top girl group that has the most followers on Twitter, with around 2million followers (the 2nd one is probably Cherrybelle, with around 1million-- less than Nabilah, who has almost 2million). The public can't name anyone aside from Melody-Haruka-Nabilah though (even Veranda, the #2 girl in the last SSK!), but they're doing very well regardless. Lots of advertisement opportunities, members get to appear in movies/TV shows, handshakes selling like hot cakes, theater shows almost always sold out... I'll rate their popularity an 8/10, since everyone probably knows who JKT48 is, but not to the point where they know more than 3 members. :D

Still, I don't think they're quite on the level of KPop groups yet in Indonesia... Especially when some of the members themselves are big fans of KPop [hehe] The popularity of KPop in Indonesia is no joke, even though it's been dwindling down a bit in recent years.

14. oniqlo

oniqlo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    Maybe it's kinda of ironic, but the truth is now JKT have no rival or even a competitor in their genre.I am hardly say Kpop as a rival for JKT, since they aren't "domestic" specifically in their operational. Actually i didn't know how well JKT doing in term of sales figure since no valid data for JKT48 CD sales, while i am sure it could reach 5 digit for each singles. My bottom line, I'll rate it 8/10, they're considered as top artist and number one vocal group in Indonesia.

15. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    TBH with the GZN48 and BJG48 rumor going around now (Since GZN48's website is online now we are pretty much waiting for some official announcement, probably in SNH's next China Tour), i really want to see BDG48. There's a foreshadowing in JKT's 1st OGB

16. RacerMCMXCVII

RacerMCMXCVII Kenkyuusei

You do realize BDG was a joke right? That was from the first guidebook which was released three years ago.

17. oniqlo

oniqlo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    Choose a location like no other place, and a familiar name in the list.
    JKT48 bring light to them!!!
    [​IMG]

18. mc_shithead

mc_shithead Kenkyuusei

i see what you did there bro :D:D whenever there is a member who graduates, the doors of the happy kingdom will open for them :cool:
    well, every vvots deserve a feedback right? :fear::fear:

19. RBK

RBK Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    jessicavania
    Is this for real? I don't recognize any of those names except Teenebelle.

20. Matenrou47

Matenrou47 Kenkyuusei

Yes, emerging Idols. Please another Houkago Princess story (i love HouPri story from debuting until major record debut)

And... where is Lumina Scarlet? They often cover H!P songs and make a tribute to BK's hiatus concert.

I think Teenebelle isn't idol group at all