TV / Radio Majisuka Gakuen 4 (Jan 2015)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Mana, Nov 26, 2014.

1. technosworld

technosworld Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    furuhatanao
    I watched it...it was terrible, I loved it! ...except Milky slapping Nao around :explode:

2. trxsh

trxsh Member

@Greed MTE I'm so glad I'm not the only one confused by this lol. I'm assuming maybe the HULU stream starts earlier? Praying for subs soon. As expected, it was glorious.
    When I saw Sashi as Scandal I squealed it's perrrrfect <3
    Paru is a lot less awful already, although I wish she'd lose her the slight cutesy knitted eyebrow expression all the time but it's her trademark afterall, my view is just being coloured by Yuko's original character. "Salt" could end up being wonderful.
    And I like Ricchan's acting so far as well

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2015
  3. James Boswell

James Boswell Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanimarika
    I'm not sure why some people are complaining... I loved it! The theme song was pretty weak though. The guitars need to be brought up in the mix!!!
    As for the acting, it was no worse (and often much better) than the first three series. I always thought Maeda was TERRIBLE in MG1, which is one reason I didn't mind her being largely absent for MG2. In comparison I think Sakura and Paruru are pretty damn convincing! But lets face it, these are glorified school plays, so I don't really mind some bad acting. In fact I kind of like it... it adds charm.
    And the fight scenes are MUCH more convincing in this than any of the previous three series. Not much has happened yet, but it managed to introduce all of the major characters in the space of 20 mins so I'm not complaining.

So apart from the theme song, thumbs up from me.

4. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    Also Antonio talked about gathering soldiers and making an army to crush Majijo.
    Who are they gonna get though I wonder? lol.
    This indicates they'll be a lot of people eventually gathered with GekiOko no? Some of those unrevealed characters so far, could they come in here?

And if the army actually ends up being all sister group members, then I think there's a likelihood Sakura ends up cooperating with GekiOko in bringing down Rappappa. At the moment, she keeps getting conveniently compared to Acchan and all right? But in reality, she isn't and we know that...so...maybe they're just trying to lead us to think that way but actually, the character is completely different.

Also, is it a mere coincidence that Sado also just happens to be a nurse in Majisuka 2? XP

Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
  5. kirifuda

kirifuda Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Twitter:
    akaihoshi15
    Ah, I see now. haha

I just finished watching the first episode. It was good. In my opinion, the acting seems to be better, even more than the first one. The fight scenes actually look more intense and put together compared to the first three.

I do however have some things I do not like about the new episode, more so the series as a whole.
    -reusing the name "Otabe" for Yuihan
    -reusing Sashihara/Wota's Team Hormone jacket despite the fact she isn't the same character or the fact that Team Hormone doesn't exist at all in this one

I have no problem with them recasting characters in different positions in certain situation, such as casting Takamina as a ghost in the first and a detective in the second. However, unless they are going to follow a storyline from the first three, they should not put major things from the first two in this one. Now, there could be a story line that comes from this. These could be the same characters from the first two, and the members of Rappapa could very well be the prisoners from the third who changed their identities. However, the personality changes don't make any sense, such as Otabe. I know I am probably looking too deeply into this, since it is an idol drama, but if it is a storyline, I wish they would at least try to make it more consistent. If not, I wish they would at least attempt to make things different.

6. jeauexe

jeauexe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kinoshitamomoka
    Twitter:
    jeauexe
    So I'm in mixed minds about this. Of course I enjoyed it because it's so cheesy and fun that even if it's badly acted it's pretty enjoyable to watch. I thought Yuria felt the most natural from the small segment we saw of Rappapa and Juri and Yuihan were pretty good as well. I'll withhold my judgment on the other members until we see a bit more of them. I think the girls who did best though were the girls who had characters based on their personalities, so Milky and Tani did really well because elements of their personalities were present in Kobii and KY.

I'm personally not a huge fan of the low pitched tone that the girls tend to use when acting tough unless they can pull it off, so I found it hard watching some girls try to use it. I'm sure they'll grow more natural over the course of the season though, and if not, this is a relatively low budget midnight idol drama so it's not too big of a deal.

I'm excited for the early development between Sakura and Rappapa though because it separates it from the first series. So yeah despite my complaining I actually enjoyed it a lot haha.

7. eternalord

eternalord Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kubo Shiori
    Just watched it! There are improvements from its predecessor, I must say. The acting are better (Salt looks convincing), the fighting choreography have improved as well, and the camera works are good too. I have to say my expectation is paid off.

Now at least for me, Sakura's character doesn't resemble Atsuko. Salt isn't Yuko too, as Yuko wouldn't be that violent to Shitenou. That's a huge relief.

Really looking forward for the character's relationship growth. This first episode is pretty fast, they already showed Sakura wants to challenge Rappapa and already showed Majisuka's enemy Gekioko right from the start (wasn't expecting Murashige & Natsumikan though [hehe] I'm happy they participate). If this going to be 12 episode like previous MGs, with a pace this fast I hope they still put a lot of interesting character back story and personality depth along with character development.

8. edisonaguilar

edisonaguilar Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    edsnaguilar
    First episode was good, the camerawork and the introduction of the characters was nicely done. Not that fond of the opening song though.
    Acting was good but needs a bit of work, the fight scenes were great, better actually than the first 3 seasons. Loved the battle of Sakura & Team Hinabe, the RyoMiioNakkii and RenaJuri combo was perfect. Also the short scene of Rappappa was funny, the Otabe+Bakamono skit was epic. [hehe]

I guess this will be a continuation of the first 2 seasons? Them mentioning Acchan & Yuko, also that cameo of Kojiharu in the beginning, her being with an old man and all, looks like maybe Torigoya became really popular from being a prostitute back then and finally used her real name (like when Sado became a nurse on Maji2)? Sasshi as Scandal kinda ruins that theory though. Loved the cameos, not expecting Aanya & Karen so I'm a bit surprised, and I'm glad they gave Naachan some pretty long screentime. I'm really liking Salt here, her character gives me the chills.

Judging from the first episode, I think the 4th season won't lose from its predecessors. I'm pretty excited for the next episode. :drool:

9. kirifuda

kirifuda Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Twitter:
    akaihoshi15
    but Wota didn't appear in this one, that was Scandal.

10. shakuran

shakuran Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kinoshitamomoka
    I'm really excited for this series after watching the first episode! I wasn't sure about the pace of the ep, since it seemed a bit all over the place, but I think that was just because they were trying to establish a lot about the characters, and what they did establish was pretty interesting, I think!
    The development between Sakura and aiming for the top so early on separates this series from Maji1 quite well, and I'm excited to see what the plot has in store. Hopefully the rival school will have a major part in it, kind of like Yabakune did in s2.

I really liked the character's established so far as well, especially Bakamono.

Of course Majisuka was never made to be an amazing series, but I think it's going to be pretty enjoyable!

11. edisonaguilar

edisonaguilar Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    edsnaguilar
    Oops, sorry, rewatched it again and you're right, she's Scandal. I guess she repeated school?

Anyways, as I said before, I'm loving the new season. Can't wait for the next episode! :drool:

12. 55Cyanides

55Cyanides Kenkyuusei

Right now, MG4 is a garden: I dig it. Personally speaking, I do love drama/movies of this sort of environment (like Crows and Sukeban Deka, ESPECIALLY the latter. With this sort of genre, I know what to expect and with that mindset, I try to maximize my enjoyment. To me, even though it's the first episode of MG4, I love what they have shown.

First, I noticed the frequent use of clear slow-mo zoom on the characters, whether in an action shot or just a still shot. Second, I LOVE the use of ragdoll physics (i.e. Bakamono getting punched by Salt); I believe there was supposed to be a second one with KY and Antonio, from the preview, but that was cut. Third, the recognition of members in minor roles; while they don't have the role of a main character, each character try to maximize their screentime and dig deep down to be as Yankii as possible.

Fourth of all, the fight scenes are pretty crisp, for what is used. I am not expecting Jackie Chan and his stunt team quality, with the talcum powder exploding with each hit; instead, I see a mixture of various fighting, from the OY, KORA!!! street fighting style to boxing. There's so much more to expect in the future, it's going to be fun

Whether it's supposed to be a re-imaging of the 1st/2nd season of MG, it is not relevant to me. I consider it like a roller coaster; big picture, roller coasters are all the same. Enjoy the ride. By the end of it, you'll talk about it and love it, as long as you open your mind to the possibility of loving it.

All in all, I hope to see more ragdoll physics, more fighting, more members, just more.

13. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    Sakura doing a german souplex on Paruru under Guile's theme of street fighter, i make the call.

By the way, Scandal and Wota are the same person, right? Not too sure of what i understood of the speech, but it looks like team Hinabe respected scandal. Because she's a senior, right? Also because she knows "Maeda". She just repeated a lot lot her high school days

14. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    Some of the stuff we saw in the episode were already spoilers during the Bingo special but for an intro episode I think it's good. They just needed to introduce most characters so fast.

The fighting part was just some of the stuff we'll see in the coming episodes. Sakura vs Hinabe was OK and Hinabe vs Gekioko was really fast, and got easily beat. When Mako and Naanya appear maybe they'll see action right away.

I noticed Sakura's voice was a little deeper. I thought it doesn't sound like her.

Kojiharu knows how to beat kids even when the Majijo days are behind her. Even if it's a very minor role I'm fine with it.

Salt crossing paths with Sakura isn't much yet but I want to see Salt get into some action.

15. Stephen

Stephen Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    First episode was great for me. Just happy to see members trying different things.

16. goh1925

goh1925 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayui01
    I'm not sure about introducing the rival school in first episode.
    I feel like it lessen the impression that they are a rival instead of a plot device ?

Some of the acting are great while others are pretty cringe worthy... but this is MGSK after all. :^^;:
    Ricchan/Bakamono is the only one who establish her character's personality in the first episode IMO,
    though I'm not sure how I think about her role among the cast.
    That Otabe/Yui is definitely not the one from MGSK 2 (but it is!)...
    I kind of like this Otabe more than the old one. :lol:

17. nathan_drake

nathan_drake Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    I just hope many plot twist like Majisuka 3.
    look like future episode easy to predict, first episode Sakura beat team Hinabe, next episode from preview she beat Mako/Naanya, after that maybe one of 4 queens Rapappa. probably in the final episode, Paru/Sakura joined to beat Gekioko. but I hope not too simple like that.

18. LightFury

LightFury Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    I just watched first episode and it wasnt as bad as i expected.
    Nice fight scene from Sakura vs Team Hinabe. The 4 queens introduction is entertaining and nice cameo by NyanNyan. They introduced the rival school in this episode and i hope they have more roles in the future episode vs Rappapa.

19. skydrive27

skydrive27 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    after watched first episode... I imagine Majisuka is AKB, Sakura is transfer student (kennin), Gekioko is sister group (NMB48 & SKE48).
    Sakura want to be center in Majisuka (AKB) and Gekioko school (NMB48 & AKB48) want to beat Majisuka (AKB48)... Rapappa,Team Hinabe,Mako & Naanya want to protect AKB48 from invasion.... :^^;:

btw, scenes from Ricchan and Tani very similar... both Ricchan and Tani kicked by leader (Paru & Sayanee)... [hehe]

20. eternalord

eternalord Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kubo Shiori
    Still want to dig why her personality changes so much and why she stepped down from president to Shitenou...this drama has amusing secrets to be explained! :D
    (and I hope they really have a good explanation with that :^^;:)

I'm wondering if Kojiharu and Scandal will be more than just a cameo, and whether their characters are still the same person with Torigoya & Wota or not.