MNL48 News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'MNL48 News & Releases' started by MurasakiSora, Mar 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NoxDWN

NoxDWN Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    NoxDWN
    They should have them dance to AKB songs and sing mainstream Filipino songs. Like this both side (the general public & wotas) would be satisfied.
    Also it would better if instead of doing a top 10 they did 2 top 5. One composed of the 5 most popular girls and 5 girls selected by the judges (for their hard work during the weeks, their skills, because they fitted the song,...)
    Also another problem of the performances is that the girls don't get to shine individually so even if they manage to get there people don't really remember the new comers

2. Musica

Musica Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kuranoonarumi
    Announcing Kaigai's name will get everyone's interest back, I guess.

3. dunkindonato

dunkindonato Upcoming Girls

I doubt they'll announce a Kaigai or Kennin this early. It'll probably be announced after the group has been formed, possibly after this year's Sousenkyo although it's also possible they'll announce it in April but it will take effect late this year.

I think, more than satisfying both sides of the spectrum, it's a good idea to give the people a taste of what might come because that's pretty much what these girls will do (or should be doing, depending on what ABS-CBN tells them while the partnership is in effect). Making the candidates sing and dance is a wonderful thing that helps in preparing the girls for their potential future. It's just a personal nit-pick of mine that they should at least try to wean both the audience and the girls who weren't idol fans initially, into the culture MNL48 will eventually represent.

I mean, we'll get there eventually, but I don't see any harm in them slowly preparing everyone for it little by little.

4. robinrider

robinrider Kenkyuusei

Update Today:

if the video does not show watch the video here

5. rinachan

rinachan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Update Today:

Aria was not attend practice due to priorities

6. Uriko Bernas

Uriko Bernas Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    Its nice, Necca is smiling more these days <3 yaaaaaaaaaaay

7. dunkindonato

dunkindonato Upcoming Girls

Was she really that gloomy?

8. Cxstridert's mikhail

Cxstridert's mikhail Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yabukinako
    I'm sad what did they treat aria in that way... It's finals already .. Just give her a consideration..
    They (HHE/ABS) must take some priorities also their education of the applicants also like BNK does..
    I'm very disappointed the way they downed aria so much :rant::explode:

9. chimew9

chimew9 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    Eh I prefer the update before. These days they act so unnatural and fake.

• Like Like x 1
  10. robinrider

robinrider Kenkyuusei

Is that their way of training them as hosts? If that is, then the way they speak sounds scripted. No banters, no adlibs. Looks rehearsed.

11. mistertaxi07

mistertaxi07 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Hmmm this statement is so biased LOL. You didn't react like this when the same case happened to girls like Enzel, Dana and Jaydee. Well, I like Aria, but that doesn't mean that I will be blind when negative things like this happen. To be fair, Aria has to face the consequence (low score from Coach Mickey, maybe?) unless she has a valid reason. I would be really angry at ABS-CBN if she actually has a valid reason since they didn't show it on TV. That would be a case of bad editing for Aria, right?

Edit: At this point, school or their education isn't a valid excuse since the girls were given the chance to choose their training schedules based on their free time/sched that won't coincide with their schooling/academics.

12. welp

welp Next Girls

Like when Izurina moving to BNK. :wtf:

13. chimew9

chimew9 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    I think their hosting skills are not bad. But it sucks when they are asked to 'act' and make it appear like it happened naturally (because we can tell that it was still fake). I'm not blaming the girls. I'm blaming whoever asked them to do it... it's so cringey. It feels like they are reenacting a scene or I'm watching a school play. Like with Necca, I'm pretty sure it didnt take her that long to smile from their jokes (notice the cuts). With Aria I think they just wanted to create drama so the girls were asked to act concerned about her situation. Even the Duran twins felt cringey seeing them comfort each other which didnt appear natural at all. Like ugh! It ruins the update for me.

14. Cxstridert's mikhail

Cxstridert's mikhail Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yabukinako
    I'm very sorry for been biased to aria yesterday..
    I'm just so OA about the update at that time...
    Anyway... It's Saturday already and also a week 6 for the MNL48 journey ..
    I was thinkin' who's gonna be in today at the top 10 and who's gonna be eliminated today?...
    I was so nervous for the results today...

It's showtime streams live right now :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2018
  15. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Just wondering, if elimination will still continue even now that we're down to 60 (so 55 after today?), does that mean there'll be less than 48 first gen members?

Or will there be exactly 48 members left for the 'election' on April and will just be for ranking purposes?

16. Are-Kun

Are-Kun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatatesaho
    We're all still wondering that lol
    However, the tagline on the official website is "Road to the Final 48", so it looks like they're aiming for at least that number haha

17. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    And if we'll get 48 from the aspirants, where would our hypothetical kaigai member be?

18. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    well, if we even get 48 1st gens, there will still be 16 members per team, so adding 1 member on a team is ok

19. lizpie014

lizpie014 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kaede Ishiyama
    Twitter:
    lizzyneechan14
    Ok! Tension time again... :cold:

20. Are-Kun

Are-Kun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatatesaho
    I...didn't think of that :|
    Huh. Kaigai is more like a guest or exchange member(?) Idk lol

Any other new on who it might be? (doubt it lol)
    Based on recent developments, both here in the forum and in Japan, I retract my expectation that it'll be Tano Yuka. Just...don't see it happening anymore haha

Edit: For anyone still watching Showtime, anyone else reaaaaaally annoyed that they're going out of their way to make the girls feel bad when they don't accomplish something?

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.