NFL - American Football - Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by Bushido, Aug 31, 2014.

1. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Also looks like the NFC East will be like the NFC South from last year (Guessing that means the NFC East winner will win a playoff game).

2. peterthepickle

peterthepickle Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    Hehe, at least the NFC East race is pretty interesting, since I have no clue who will win the division. I kind of want the Redskins to win for some strange reason, but I'd be cool with the Eagles too. Cowboys are pretty much done though.

Although, the NFC South is actually a lot better than last year. The Bucs are still in the wild-card race and the Panthers are dominating everyone. Saints are too inconsistent though and the Falcons completely disappeared after their undefeated start. I guess the AFC South's getting better too aside from the Titans. The Jags might be somewhat dangerous next year and the Colts should recover too.

3. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Of course I want the Giants to win the division lol. Pretty much it will be one of those 3 I think as well (Giants (who just won), Eagles, or Redskins).

4. peterthepickle

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    Jets at Cowboys today! Saturday football comes back for one day at least. I'm thinking we'll see the Jets in the wild-card round. It would be pretty great if the Raiders got there too hehe. At least my Chargers are eliminated, so we can go back to tanking and then wasting draft picks...

5. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

My Giants ALMOST beat the Panthers. Still can't believe we tied it after being down 35-7. Cam Newton...why are you so damn good lol (He's the MVP for sure). Also during that game, wish ODB kept his cool (Was honestly thinking Josh Norman and Odell Beckham Jr were going to go in a 5 round MMA fight lol). Pretty much my team has to win out and hope for the Redskins to lose.

Also looks like the race for the #1 Pick will come down to Browns, Titans, 49ers, Cowboys.

6. BAKA OSHI

BAKA OSHI Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    ochervet
    Odell Beckam Jr's behavior was a disgrace last night, he was completely out of control, the ref should have thrown him out of the game. He was becoming dangerous to other players. He'll most likely get a one game band and a large fine.

7. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Last Week of the NFL Season is today.

8. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Did I hear Blair Walsh MISSED A 27-YARD FIELD GOAL that supposed to bring the Vikings to Arizona next week!?!?!?

I mean, I can't believe this. Instead, our Seahawks are going to Carolina next week! I mean, I'm totally speechless about this - it's bad to miss a field goal kick, it's even bad to miss a short kick like this - but THIS!? WITH PLAYOFF IMPLICATIONS!?!?!?

That...I just can't say. How in the world this could happen? (As us Seahawks fans, it appears we have dodged a bullet. And it was -6 degrees FAHRENHEIT at kickoff! We're not familiar with this kind of weather here in Seattle - this game was in Minnesota! For those who use Celsius, that's -20...)

Also, NONE of the home teams won this week in the Wild Card Weekend. For the first time in NFL history: ALL away teams won in a particular playoff week, and ALL "wild card" (#5/#6 non-divisional champions) teams move on to the divisional playoffs. Some other notes:
    • KC Chiefs made Houston Texans into a joke (30-0 shutout!)
    • Pittsburgh Steelers survived a Cincinnati Bengals comeback, won by a field goal because of Cincinnati hitting too hard on Antonio Brown
    • Washington Redskins...forget it. Green Bay Packers, struggling past two weeks, proves they're a contender, not a 'pretender' like the past two weeks

9. Voightkampff

Voightkampff Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    ParuruArmy
    Go Hawks!!!!

10. aratafuru

aratafuru Kenkyuusei

BOO SEAHAWKS! You guys dog lucked your way past the Packers last year and did the same this year against the Vikings. I am a Peyton fan though... and he probably couldn't even win a Mecha-ike sports festival at this point in his career... so sad... everybody gets old though, I guess.

11. laeken

laeken Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    well i was watching this and the holder turned the laces toward the kicker, apparently this can mess with the kicker's mind. i don't really understand how (i'm rather new to football) but regardless i felt bad, what a terrible way for a season to end!

12. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    It is not that laces in* plays with the kickers mind. It is that the laces stick above the surface of the ball, and this little bit of protrusion can deflect the ball when kicked. So instead of going straight the way the kicker intended, it goes off to the side. End result: missed chip-shot of a field goal, end of season.

*Laces in - laces facing the kicker. Laces out - facing away from kicker

13. laeken

laeken Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    ah, that makes more sense, thank you!

14. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

Yea but he made a 40-something yard laces in kick in the same game. Really no excuse at all to miss such a close one, laces in or out. But hasn't he missed a few extra points this year? I only pay attention in the playoffs lol, but I heard he's actually much more accurate from over 40 yards then from under.

15. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

It's Official, The Rams are moving back to Los Angeles (The Los Angeles Rams) and the Chargers could be joining them.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
  16. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    (Last Rams win as "St. Louis Rams": Compliments of the Seattle Seahawks)

Going to be interesting. Seahawks guaranteed to travel to California at least twice each season for the first time since 2001! :D

17. laeken

laeken Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    green bay vs. arizona was awesome

18. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Aw great. Seahawks are out. In fact, all of the "wild card" teams are out. :(

19. peterthepickle

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    Conference championships are coming up! I'm thinking that the Patriots and Panthers are gonna advance. I don't really want to see the Pats in another Super Bowl, but I think they'll edge out the Broncos. The NFC Championship looks pretty close though. Should be a great game.

20. BAKA OSHI

BAKA OSHI Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    ochervet
    I have the same feeling...

Denver's D will be they key, if they hold the Pats to a low score they have a shot, otherwise .... It could turn ugly.

NFC game will be interesting, late here but I'll probably watch.