NFL - American Football - Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by Bushido, Aug 31, 2014.

1. Kawaki Otsutsuki

Kawaki Otsutsuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    with that panther fumble I think Denver is going to seal the deal here.i said a few posts back that Denver's front have to contain cam to win this and it looks like Denver made good on that.mvp has to be a defense player here.i'm guessing von miller or demarucs ware.congrats to manning going out like a champ.he can retire with his held high.defense truly wins championships.best commercial was the one with jeff goldblum singing the Jefferson's theme theme seeing lil wayne and the british guy at the top of the building and he says"we're buring beans baby" or something like that.funny shit

2. BAKA OSHI

BAKA OSHI Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    ochervet
    Von Miller MVP.... can't see any other choice.

I called Denver's D to be key for them to win, didn't expect them to dominate that way.

3. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Congratulations Denver on the Super Bowl championship - and what it could be Peyton Manning's last game (though he just said he's not sure about retirement yet).

Peyton Manning x Minami Takahashi...???

4. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

Defense win championship !! Congrats to Denver Broncos :1st:

5. True_Beginner

True_Beginner Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayanagiakane
    I had a feeling Denver could play like this, the Super Bowl looked almost identical to the Atlanta game, and their pass rush just kept on coming and Cam was off all game long. All those turnovers buried them, especially that last fumble where Cam decided he had enough and just watched Denver recover it, lol. It was frustrating because I felt Denver's offense was a no show, both touchdowns were the result of their defense, not to mention a field goal from special teams. Peyton Manning really only drove down the field twice for two field goals, that was it. You could of plugged anyone in there and still won that game. The Denver offense also tied the record for most 3 and outs in a Super Bowl at one point, which is amazing because they have to be first team to win like that.

Credit to Denver, they were for real on defense, and the most telling stat of all I heard during that game was that 9 out of the last 11 top defenses to reach the Super Bowl ended up winning the game. Defense truly wins championships.

6. aratafuru

aratafuru Kenkyuusei

So weird... this reminds me of the Broncos vs. Seahawks from two years ago... except opposite. The Broncos were an offensive juggernaut and Manning was the MVP (I think) that year and what good did that do them? They got obliterated by the best defense. This year the Broncos had the best defense and just took it to the best offense. Like I said before... I never feared Carolina because of the 2nd half of the Seahawks game.

This is the super bowl though, so none of that really matters IMO... history only remembers who won. Yah, it kinda feels like a lifetime achievement oscar for Manning instead of the best actor award, but in truth only the Manning haters will remember what he did or did not do during this Superbowl. And unfortunately, for Cam Newton... him stepping back from the fumble instead of diving head first at it will be one of the indelible images of the game.

EDIT: IMO Cam's post game presser won't do him any favors either. o_O

Oh yah... go Broncos!

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
  7. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    With all those rumors of Peyton Manning and HGH (and did you hear Peyton mentioning Budweiser during post-game interviews!?)...it's a good thing to credit the Denver defense because it's them - not Peyton - and especially Von Miller, who was #2 pick behind Cam Newton in the 2011 draft (!), with TWO sack-fumbles, one of which was a touchdown, and the other that essentially put the game away - who really set the Denver Broncos to a historic Super Bowl victory.

Technically I can't root for the Broncos because of the Peyton Manning situation...but I personally think I didn't want the Panthers to win because they defeated the Seahawks. My mom was rooting for the Broncos!

8. aratafuru

aratafuru Kenkyuusei

^ Just curious... what do you mean by Peyton Manning situation?

9. True_Beginner

True_Beginner Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayanagiakane
    I'm definitely impressed with the Broncos, I could nitpick all I want but I would of taken any kind of victory myself, it's what matters in the end. I argue their defense may be even better than the Seattle one off the pass rush alone. Should of probably been a blowout seeing how the Panthers started to have a meltdown in the 4th quarter.

I'm not sure if there's a play anyone will remember Manning for in this one, love him or hate him, but It's a team sport and he did contribute what he needed to to get the win.

Not going to get into Cam at this point, he's unraveling more and more it seems. If he would of dove on that ball, there would of still been a chance, it was still 16-10. Gotta work on those character issues if he ever hopes to get back...although I'm not too confident, my team got a lot of breaks, it really felt like this was their big chance seeing how everything worked out.

10. Kawaki Otsutsuki

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    I think the Tolbert fumble in the 2 qr? I think it was the the 2nd qr really really damaged Carolina's confidence and their psyche and they never recovered because that drive I'm positive they were going to score and catch serious momentum. @aratafuru he means the steroids/performance enhancing drugs peyton has been accused of taking which by the way there's no proof yet and manning has repeatedly denied taking the substance.

11. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

I'm glad they won, history only remembers the winners so nobody will really remember manning's bad performance or cam's not diving for the fumble. I can't understand so many people saying online that cam "gave up on the play", to me (and given this is a split-second decision), he thought the ball would bounce back and didn't want to dive over it, but it ended up not doing that. Oh well, in a couple years nobody will really talk about it anyway, and I hope they will be back in the sb soon, just not agains the broncos lol.

About the HGH use, I really could care less lol. I think most players use performance enhancing drugs anyway, so if you don't you are putting yourself at a disadvantage. I don't really care though, because it makes the players bigger/faster/stronger/compete better/etc., which in turn makes the games more fun to watch. At this point I'd rather the leagues (all sports, not just american football) just allow them to do it, and let it be a players choice whether to do it or not.

12. True_Beginner

True_Beginner Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayanagiakane
    I agree with your opinion on that, they were getting good blocking on that drive and were really getting into their game. Every turnover forced them to have to restart, and when the offensive line couldn't hold up, it was pretty much over.

Also, I noticed on their lone touchdown drive...Cam did get most of his serious scrambling there. Not sure if he was well contained or what, but I think he could of gotten some key first downs if he used his feet a bit more. Von Miller and Demarcus Ware were just killing him all game, lots of broken plays thanks to them. Cam was forced to improvise way too often, and that's supposed to be his strong suit from what I've seen.

13. BAKA OSHI

BAKA OSHI Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    ochervet

Not to criticize but you can't root for the Broncos because of allegations against Peyton but support The Seahawks with Pete Caroll at the helm.... I'm not a USC fan at all but he messed them up real good before bolting when about to be found out.

But yeah ugly on offense but their D dominated... The edge rushers are fast and athletic, if someone has a huge load of cash, Von Miller / Clay Mathews on both sides on the D rushing the passer would scare anyone.

The Budweiser thing is obviously part of a contract, who would drink that stuff....

14. Selinie

Selinie Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    xujiaqi
    Thank god we have our defense.
    Von definitely deserved the MVP.
    Ware and McManus were killing it too.
    UNITED IN ORANGE.

15. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

Thanks for the shout out and I agree! [hehe]

My favorite quote on the Super Bowl was from Mike Francesa from WFAN radio today. "...if you’re going to wear a Superman jersey onto the field, how are you going to act like Lois Lane when the ball’s there on the ground?" Ouch... :lol:

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/02/08/mike-francesa-cam-newton-super-bowl-50/

16. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    [​IMG]

Bye Bye Beast Mode.

Marshawn Lynch hung a pair of shoes, and sources confirm he's retiring from the NFL. At the age of 30. :(

Marshawn Lynch... The running back that brought our Seahawks back to where we are, including the 2013 season championship (Superbowl 48 victory)...

17. aratafuru

aratafuru Kenkyuusei

^ I didn't really like him until I saw him play Mortal Kombat on Conan with Gronk before last year's super bowl... such a cool dude.

So I was watching Turning Point on NBCSN about the Super Bowl and man... that was really fascinating. I thought Manning was full on sucking, but actually Panthers defense was really good... number 59 for Carolina is legit and their safety number 10 completely shutdown Denver's top wide out for the whole game. Also, in the 4th quarter Manning himself was checking out of pass plays at the line and audibling to runs. Even he knew... if he didn't screw it up they probably would win. And on that final strip fumble play Cam had Funches wide open going down the left sideline... I mean like if Cam was able to get that pass off Carolina would have won IMO. Von Miller pretty much singlehandedly won the game.

Also... they mentioned in the show that when Elway won his first Superbowl he had slightly over 50% passing completion with no touchdowns and one pick... almost exactly the same as Manning's stats at super bowl 50.

18. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Now official, Peyton Manning is retiring.

19. Kawaki Otsutsuki

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    yes an ending to a great career and unfortunately he had to go out with a dark cloud of suspicion above his head but I hope to see him commentating or on espn as an analyst.i have an authenic manning jersey from his colts days signed and I'm glad I got to see play him in person

20. Selinie

Selinie Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    xujiaqi
    The best quarterback in history, both in football fans' hearts and in statistics.
    After seventeen seasons, Peyton Manning did something that no one else can do.
    He was the one who got me into football, and he will forever remain as one of my most favorite football players.
    It'll be a long time until another legend can be born.
    I hope there will be another Manning-Brady rivalry if their children become football players.
    Thank you, Peyton.
    My Broncos are forever indebted to you.