TV / Radio Nogizaka star tanjo !

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 News & Releases' started by Fab-Nogi46, May 4, 2021.

1. bananaboy

bananaboy Member

Just starting to catch the recent iteration and man, this Ozwald was quite uninspiring as MC. Maybe their low-key energy, idk.
    I wonder why likes nobody bothers to nod Yumiki. Well, maybe coz She's got a neat enka-esque and that's why, but she deserves more on the current pool of nogi's best singers.
    That being said, overall senpai and kouhai still need to work on a lot though, including the techniques, range; the overall quality. Even when it compares to the real deal pro, their best singer (the type of voices) is just so common in the industry. I know in the end mostly it is just personality and preference that transcends it to the fans. I don't even dig moe type of voice but I hope Teresa can work it out as her strength.
    In this idol business, singing perfection seems still treated as a case for another day, which is sad. There like some effort in recent gens but I hope it just not end as hollow showcase. I hope everyone always thrive to get better and better and don't let their guard caught on the typical honne and tatemae treatment in public.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2022
  2. unknownsensei

unknownsensei Upcoming Girls

Imo if they planning more season next or different show with the same show management I bet they gonna change MC again too. I dont think they want Nogi to have that deep of a connection with other MC aside from main show(Bananaman).I'm not a fan too when other MC calling themselves Nogi Bro and it felt so unnecessary when they joke being replaced on other show(Yes, I'm calling out Saraba and yes I know they are joking).
    Also from what I see, the members character also shaped and influenced with the MC. Changing MC might give the members a different environment and also chance for them to work on a show with different entertainers.

About singing techniques and skills, obviously the new gen gonna get a lot of vocal class and I doubt the other gen didn't have one too. I agree they need a lot more training but again with their schedule doing other work not related to singing It's not like they have all the time training their vocal unlike the pro.

3. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Regarding this, I kinda doubt they have extensive vocal training, probably just a very casual one for Star Tanjou live, nothing too deep or technical. I don't recall seeing any vocal class in their documentary, only dance class. And did any member mention anything about vocal training? I personally don't recall.
    IMO, there is very little emphasis on singing in Nogi, so if they want to get better they need to have interest in it and strive to further improve themselves. Outside jobs like musical will help a lot as well.

4. unknownsensei

They did mentioned having vocal class on past documentary and also talk about it before on shows(story about the scary teacher in particular). I remember 1-3ki talking about it but no way they gonna change that for other gen and I doubt a group as big as Nogi didn't have a pro coach prepared

5. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Btw, Reichan herself call Saraba Morita as Nogi Aniki, while Bananaman is their Oniichan.
    Source: http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?threads/seimiya-rei-reichan-4th-gen.22504/page-11#post-1758591
    +++

As for vocal training, I remembed Yuri-chan mentioned that on one of Koujichuu ep, and it change how she speak.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. unknownsensei

7. bananaboy

bananaboy Member

I personally don't mind if that is the policy with regard to the MC. It is just on this occasion Ozwald seems not as good as pekopa and saraba, MC-wise, interaction-wise. I bet they (Ozwald) could be hilarious on their own comedy routine, though.
    (Idk/never heard about saraba's joke, but if that self-deprecating or laugh at themselves kind joke I don't think it should be an issue unless it was aimed for the mgmt (implying butthurt, something aligned), then for the pro that somehow was their loss)

Also, as others had said, nogi did have vocal coaching, but the emphasis perhaps still questionable; the training extension, the focus. Japanese Idol group is quite instantaneous compared to like K-Pop for example, while they still targeted to be kind of jack of all trade (with hectic schedule) in showbiz. To be good at something, to be a pro, to give consistent performance does take time, regardless of the talent.
    My main suggestion aligned if the case that the training session from mgmt still lacking, it was on the girls and the chance/opportunity. If someone wants to git gud (easier to say) it needs commitment and repetion, and ofc showcase experience (try and error). My little worry is just that they throw money for a show like this (that is actually really good by the concept), but the lovey-dovey atmosphere could trap the girls in the comfort zone mindset, and in the bigger picture it's turn just as publicity stunt. The sole idea is that the talents should not get complacent and keeps improving.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. JpmusicRocks

JpmusicRocks Kenkyuusei

English Translation of Shin Nogizaka Star Tanjo『 5-Kisei Hajimete Talk !』# Showroom 02 (Ioki Mao, Tomisato Nao,Ikeda Teresa)

Unsure if this is the place to post it or in other thread like the 5th gen thread

https://twitter.com/jpmusicRocks/status/1536028020913213440?t=mxECvREg27-DWIVUynoSmw&s=19

ANN translation for 5th gen will be taking a back seat for now,as I think this is pretty fun to translate seeing that it's Showroom 1 is only subbed so far.Apologize for any wrong translation as this is direct translated from Chinese sub ,coupled with what I hear from the audio

FR0oVlWacAAeqs4.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  9. TAMU

TAMU Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Joe Pesci
    What was this 'other show'?
    I find this very surprising, because they are actually the only MC that never brought up Nogi or even 4ki alone outside their related jobs. Usually it's other people asking them to speak about it. Pekopa and Ozwald had a 'talk about 4th/5th gen' in their own shows days into their first Nogi StarTanjou episodes together.
    Unless of course I missed something.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2022
  10. unknownsensei

I could be wrong, I forgot which show but will try to find them later.

11. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Afaik, they only appeared on three shows with Nogi members. Love It! with Reichan, their Mölkky show with several 4ki members, and Yumiki Yamitsuki as guests. The other show I also see their appearance is Suiyoubi no Downtown, and Gaki no Tsukai, Mölkky episode. They also are the MC of Appare! idol show.
    The only show where I saw them talk about Nogizaka was Downtown Nau. That was during the Nogi Doko E. And the other one is Downtown DX when they talk about Mölkky.
    Maybe, it is one of those shows?

12. unknownsensei

I think it's one with other sakamichi group, didn't remember which show.

13. TAMU

TAMU Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Joe Pesci
    @MasToppu This is true. Started with Miyu/Nao show, then Rei, then an upcoming one with Sayaka/Nao.

As for non-co-appearances where they talked about Nogi:
    In the Downtown show, they talked about Bukuro's womanizing tendencies and Nogizaka fans. Just when he is talking about it in relation to the 4th gens, Morita cuts it off with 'no comment'.

I would also add this ANN show. Here, Morita pretty much refuses the oniichan label because this means you have to be the good/nice guy, fans will feel a peace of mind when you are with the girls, and that idea scares him. He'd rather be a 公式ガーシー instead.

So it just comes off as a surprise to me because, having followed Saraba as well on their own since Doko E, opening up about it, let alone recognizing and somehow joking about 'getting replaced' is something I would least expect them to do. Fans following the Saito Kyoko-Morita relationship might observe the same pattern. Now I'm curious to see the clip @unknownsensei is referring to. If someone happens to find it, please share! :D I personally doubt it was worded that way, or that it even happened, but I'm happy to change my thinking if I see evidence.

Also, during the onset of the accusations against Bukuro last year, his gigs stopped for quite a while, it was mostly Morita only. So if it's a show involving both of them, one that would get in the radar of Sakamichi fans, this must be fairly recent.

As for other MCs, in defense of Pekopa and Ozwald though... it's mostly have to do with the show format. I think if you give them a Koujichuu or Doko E style of show, we might see more personalities develop. With Star Tanjou it's relatively limited: you got 3~4 songs, 2 something minutes each, they have to talk about each song, then they have guests, they have to talk about the guest, have to act a certain way around the guest, etc. A 20 minute show minus all that is what you've got left for idol-MC stuff. From what I've observed, the difference is that Pekopa and Ozwald's way of interaction seems to be with the elegant, seiso, prestigious etc Nogizaka image in mind, while Saraba seems to be oblivious to this.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. unknownsensei

I think it's Morita only on that show that time, it's just a one time implying joke. Other than that there's nothing so that's why I shouldn't judge with 1 show.

Sorry can't really remember any specific or which show, I just saw it since it was trending on Twitter that time.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2022
  15. Takoyama

Takoyama Next Girls

Nothing against Nagichan but mgmt should’ve let Teresa sing Blue Velvet because her voice is similar to Kudo Shizuka. Opportunity missed!

SakuSaku x Kucchan konbi was cute overload! Add Aya next week!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Nagi-chan... coolness overload...!!
    And can't wait for Nao's first solo next week, my wish has been answered.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Takoyama

Takoyama Next Girls

Special SR

if the video does not show watch the video here
    Credit to uploader

18. JpmusicRocks

JpmusicRocks Kenkyuusei

• Like Like x 1
  19. Takoyama

Takoyama Next Girls

Anyone watching the live?

20. unknownsensei

The day time live was great, pretty fun setlist. The audio makes you feel the arena more but hopefully they fix some of it for the night show, the audio balance are kinda out of the place.
    They fixed it on night performance, the audio was so much better.
    Overall the live was great, the members did great even without or at minimum voice support effect unlike the show. The skits section are nice touch, I wonder if they plan to make NogiSkits season 3.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2022