Rant & Rave

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by hanabi, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Crossheart

Crossheart Member

Oshimen:
    Amaki Sally
    Twitter:
    rom_ch22
    Rave: Tomorrow, i have a Opposition test for a teacher job, and in the preliminary test i got a really good grade!!!

Rant: My own body sabotages me, i got injured (without a cause) and i can't walk properly...

2. kinakomochi

kinakomochi Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

^ Wish I were more local; that is exactly the type of work I do -- fix people's bodies when they don't work properly. :^^;: Hope you feel better soon!

3. Sônnenschein

Sônnenschein Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Rant: my company is so funny ...instead of solving current problems , they're creating new ones by reorganizing the administration :fp:

Rave: homemade green tea muffins :^O^:

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
  4. kinakomochi

^ Och... matcha as a flavor is amazing... love it, wish I could still eat ice cream, and then wish Cold Stone* made matcha ice cream... would be 150kg by now, though! :^^;:

--

* Cold Stone is a chain of high-quality ice cream vendors in the US, I think in Japan as well but not sure if they are in Europe. Good stuff, esp their Coffee and Banana flavors, which together used to be one of my all-time favorite snacks.

5. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Congrats!!! Hope for your eternal happiness. To be honest I kinda envy you haha. Still long way for me.

Btw, in same topic, LondonBoots Atsushi official facebook changed his profile picture to support LGBT [​IMG]
    Well, I am not surprised since he is kinda close to ikko san. and he always being teased as onee haha XD. Glad I am his fan!!

6. Kinenbi

Kinenbi Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    kinenbi
    I was deciding whether or not to post my SKE48 handshake experience because I wasn't sure if anyone would read. I told myself that someone would care and finally sat down and wrote it....and no one gives a shit. Reminds me why I rarely post :). Thanks internets!

7. kinakomochi

^ Well I'm not as much an SKE fan as I am the other groups -- so at least I'll take a look. ;)

EDIT: well, I thought nothing was wrong with the experience you shared. However, I'd like to take this opportunity to perhaps suggest some things that may help you understand the response:

• Parse what I'm about to say against the fact that I share this in my writing as well, and will definitely defend it... but I feel part of why it may not have gotten the acknowledgement you expected, was due to being balanced with criticism and praise. This is a fansite... and an idol fansite at that... so people will be sensitive to criticism of their favorite idols, despite what you directly experienced, and esp troubling... even when they themselves haven't experienced what you have directly, f2f.

You can speak you mind in your posts, and it is allowed and defended here by moderation. But don't be surprised if those who disagree (vehemently in many cases) don't reply with praise. Or at all. :^^;: (btw, this 'disagrees' faction does not include me, obviously. But that's the reality.)
    • Sometimes, even when a thread is marked specifically for containing posts of a certain theme... you won't get the most response there, but in the idol's threads instead. You can pick the one with who you think should be the subject of the post, and put your experience up. If a mod directs you to do otherwise, then comply... but as you can see from the post count, that thread isn't used much. ;)
    Otherwise, I don't see any reason why you shouldn't share parts of your complete experience in the Ryoha, Azumarion (yay, we're both from Hokkaido :1st:), and Marika (one of my fave underdog idols) threads -- I'm sure they'd love to read about it there, as people tend to gravitate towards the traffic. :blush:

--

Ah, thank you! Yes, we've been planning this for a while now... but of course, no plans go smoothly when it comes to a wedding. :^^;: At least we both have quite a bit of experience dealing with our own neuroses to help each other out when we get frustrated... mostly me. :fp: But to know our comrades can now do the same as us in every state in the Union, makes us feel even more excited for August 8th... :blush::shifty:

I didn't know Atsushi was an ally! That's pretty ballsy, even in the enta world... so I hope he doesn't get any negativity for speaking out for us personally. The way LGBT are treated by Japanese society even in relatively-permissive Tokyo, is 1980s America all over again. :hmm:

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
  8. Crossheart

Crossheart Member

Oshimen:
    Amaki Sally
    Twitter:
    rom_ch22
    Rave: Seemingly, i did well on the test!!!! :^^;:

Rant: Remember the thing about the "Most rainy year" that said in other thread?
    Today, just rained down what usually rains in a whole year...
    *leaves swimming*

9. kinakomochi

^ Congrats!

Maybe the predictions were right... but only on rainy days. :p

Dry and hot is going to be drier and hotter... and wet and cold is going to get wetter and colder. I would hate to live anywhere east of Oklahoma now (Midwest, South and East Coasts are all experiencing record storm/weather damage. And fires raging in Alaska are going to throw off the balance even more -- record drought's creating soot and ash that's reaching as far south as Michigan. :shocku:

We're living in interesting times, as the Chinese would say. :^^;:

10. Tsumu

Tsumu Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Rave:
    It's a 25°C in shade, cooling breeze with cloudless sky. Hearing Ruisrock festival to my balcony. Summer at it's finest.

Rant:
    Caught a summer flu with sore throat and slight fever, thus forced to stay indoors. :tongue:

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
  11. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Rave- Another successful 4th of July party in the books. Had the whole neighborhood out in front of my house.:) Whole pig, smoked!:drool: 1/4 cow, also smoked!:drool::drool: 500 fireworks sent skyward.:omfg: Unknown mass of ground level fountains and sparklers lit off.:awesome: No idea how many cocktails I drank.[​IMG] Music as loud as my speakers could take it. And still no cops showed up!:approve:

Rant - Managed to cook off one of those sky-bound fireworks before lighting the fuze.:eek: Thankfully it was a small 1 1/2inches diameter mortar.:^^;: Protip: Let the launch tubes cool off before you drop more into them.;) Oh, and the unavoidable hangover.:fp:

12. Tsumu

Tsumu Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Yeah. Reportedly there were around 95 000 people over three days. A bit too much for me too. It's cool though. :cool:

13. kinakomochi

LOL! Congrats on an awesome 4th... me and Shel are posting from our friend Tomas' patio... who annoying has much faster connectivity than we do... for the same price. :explode:So suffice to say come Monday... HawaiianTel is going to get another earful from me...

Yeah... they would get hot. :p
    Drop some water on the *outside* of them, and shoot compressed air (from those portable tanks -- inflates several motorcycle tires when full) on the inside, to cool them faster maybe?

Rave:

Eating cuisine cooked by a real Indian cook...
    Keralan sambar and Shel had the Malabar biryanni(?), which was a bit greasier so I couldn't partake but she loved it.
    Also for breakfast had lassi for the first time (a yogurt-based breakfast drink with cumin) which was super-refreshing, as oppressing as the heat's been here lately.
    Last night stayed at our other friend's Kim's house and sat around sipping good scotch (all except me, damned pancreatitis... :(:fp:)

Talked about a variety of topics: anime :^^;:...
    The Republican ticket :rofl:...
    Cars (Kim's husband has a project Miata with an RX-7 engine that's amaaazing to hear rev)...
    Lots of bodytherapy conversations... well, because we're all massage therapists or bodyworkers.

Kind of a nicer crowd at today's get-together though...
    More mellow, less crowd triggers (less ducking away to post here :^^;:), more relaxing and just talking about non-shop stuff. ;)

Rant:

Hawaiiantel.com. >(
    The hell, people... how is a guy not four miles from where I live, get a reliable 20MB/sec down/20 up service, for the same as what I'm asked to pay?? Jerkoffs... :poop:

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
  14. kinakomochi

Rave:

Just upgraded to a 128GB Galaxy S6 smartphone this AM.
    Least-painful upgrade yet (and i've been a customer with VZW since '98)...

Went in on the 2-yr contract expiration date...
    So along with a new S6, got onto their Verizon Edge plan, pretty cool.
    Both cost of the phone ($400 with 2yr contract, $899 off) and the service (getting the same plan for less on Edge) comes out to nearly exactly the same as on my previous S4 contract.
    Picked out the color and memory, paid my first installment of $33, and it's FedEx'd to my door by Friday... super-happy.
    Savings over contract is... well, $365 right now :1st:... and about $150 a year. No-brainer...

Also, got to hold the S6 and S6 Edge (curved-screen darling of the Android mobile blogs),
    along with the iPhone 6, which was considered... not. Esp not when the 6S is two months away. :^^;:
    None of these phones feel quite the same as the old steel iPhones in the hand,
    but I like the 6/6+ in the hand waaay better than the 5, which was just a sharp-edged billet of poorly anodized aluminium.
    The Samsungs feel miles better than my plastic S4, though to its credit I've had zero problems with the build quality in 2 yrs.
    (It's a good design, just not what people are willing to pay big bucks for).
    Not a fan of the glass back on the S6 -- though it's a must for wireless charging.
    Good thing this phone will rarely see itself out of a case...

Rant:

The loss of external microSD storage on Android mobile devices...
    To be honest though, this was more due to sneaky developers and cloud storage, than anything else...

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
  15. Crossheart

Crossheart Member

Oshimen:
    Amaki Sally
    Twitter:
    rom_ch22
    Rave: It's raining a lot!!!
    In a city that is at the boundary of a desert, that's good.

Rant 1: In two days, rained down what usually rains in more than a year, so the city is a mess...

Rant 2: My house is build over a dry creek, and the rainwater current literally blow away the water pipes... IRONY...

16. kinakomochi

Rave:

I'm grateful for being born into a First World country
    In which technological marvels are so common,
    they become commodities and/or jewelry to their citizens.

Clean running water, laws enforcing adequate sanitation and hygiene...
    Adequate (if not ideal) control of petty and organized crime...
    Legal consequences for those who cannot live without arbitrarily
    oppressing others they hate violently, like animals...
    All these things are why I can write on this $2K laptop, using broadband web connectivity that is mere years away from becoming a utility...
    Speaking to others worldwide with like interests in a hobby which demands
    considerable amounts of expendable cash to properly follow...
    All with no laboring in toxic, hostile 'tech hells' where old technology is burned for its gold and rare metals 16 hrs a day,
    Dumped in your home by countries like mine...

There cannot be a First World, without your world.
    My realization of this in the context of equality and human dignity, strains to contain the gravity of it.

Rant:

There are people in worlds like yours, who are eager through geometric improvements in communication in the last decade... to live like we do.
    Aspire to live in a world where the clean & healthy drive gleaming steel androids
    That park themselves, manage climate inside their cabins to a whim...
    Massage his or her back while transporting them...
    Without crashing over craters, driving splinters into hands grasping hold...
    These people are so eager to have these luxuries posthaste...
    They're willing to destroy their own countries, to have it...
    And with it, the balance of nature.
    These people were just like you are... oppressed and uneducated for decades...
    But came to absorb our consumerism, and with it, social awareness.
    Now they too, dump their economy's fecal remains in your country...

Equality for all is a basic human right... but it will require a great change...
    In that equality for all, must mean that as much as your world raises up... our world must come down to meet you.
    There can be no First World for all. The existence of a First World, means your world must exist.
    I don't know the answer to this problem... I simply recently realized the enormity of it... the change that must happen.

Change is, as for us all, terrifying when it comes to uprooting cherished traditions for an unknown future.
    I feel very smart people who have most of the money in the world, are trying new ways to hoard even more...
    To wall themselves off from responsibility with blind debauchery, until the axe finally falls on their hedonist, libertine bubbles.
    As if somehow, by denying others the funds to bring them down, it'll keep it from happening...
    Their own attempts to stem the tide are the very actions that hasten it forth.

As much as I am grateful for that which allows me not to live like my counterparts in burning, toxic worlds of abject poverty and child rape...
    I too am feeling the draining of dignity from higher up in the food chain...
    All waves eventually must concede to the troughs they create... in equilibrium... to deny it is brinksmanship.
    I just hope I we all, corpulent sybarite, myself, and you who suffers for both of us... can shake hands as equals one day...
    But just as much... I dream of some way we can all do it without turning the world's chest inside out...
    The irony of it all... is that you, suffering soul... will suffer the least when it happens.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2015
  17. kinakomochi

Good. Got that off my chest (if not out of it). :p

Now, more First World problems... or alternately "Back to our Regularly Scheduled Social Programming"... :fp:

Rave:

Just got the Galaxy S6 last night, a nice fat 128GB version.
    Anyone who criticizes this 8-core, 14nm phone for not being a massive leap in performance and speed
    may as well just carry a Motorola StarTAC on their belt -- 'today' is not where you belong. :rolleyes:

My S4 with Android L 5.0.1 was a giant leap in speed and efficiency already... and this on a quad-core wine-o lush of a power guzzler (Qualcomm Snapdragon 600).
    It was still totally adequate for my needs and expectations... until I fired up the S6 for the first time. :eek:

There's a real sense of security when you know you'll not realistically fill up that capacity with your crap.
    Mostly I bought it that way because it'll fetch great resale when two years are up, with payments more than affordable.
    It's bigger than the SSD on my last laptop... in the palm of my hand, attached to a processor that's about an eighth the power consumption.
    Neat-o smartphone, super-happy with this purchase...

Also, highly-recommended for US S6 owners -- JETech Tempered Glass (0.33mm) screen protector off Amazon. Went on super easy and looks awesome; none of the scratch-prone-ness and odd texture difference of a plastic screen protector, plus much stronger and easier to apply. :approve:

--

Rant:

Not so happy with the wallet case that was supposed to be here this AM... took until 4pm to get here.
    And wouldn't you know it... the clasp for the case was broken, so I have to send it back. :wall:

New one will not make it here until Monday night... so all weekend I have to go separate-wallet, separate-phone. :fp::fp::fp:
    Old S4 was so clean and spotless when I removed all the guards and covers from it, looked straight out of the box.
    This S6 is all-glass except for the metal sides (gorgeous but not as impact-durable as the plastic S4).
    So yeah... not happy about possibly dropping a slippery, uncased phone and shattering it, days-owned.
    Can't use the old case since the S6 is same width, but longer by a full 10mm... grrr. :tongue:
    So will have to get a cheapo TPU case to get me by until the new case comes in Mon...
    money down the drain. :fp:

Upside: the highly-rated wireless charging pucks I found on eBay, will arrive same day, Mon.
    Shel will love them since her S6 Edge seems to eat power a little more greedily
    (have to check on her settings but she's pretty good with tech).
    Gotta love $18 retail Qi pucks, for $8 (from the owners I've talked to, they're the real deal, too).

Last edited: Jul 11, 2015
  18. kinakomochi

Rant:

Amazon changed their return policy... yet again...
    and this time broke it for me completely...

Now, if you need to return something for being broken or defective,
    they don't comp the cost of shipping the return back -- YOU have to pay for it.
    So here's my rant example...
    Buy wallet case for new phone -- $12.
    Buy rush shipping to my door so it comes the day after getting the phone -- $12.
    Find clasp defective on new case, click 'return' on order.
    Find return shipping is, you guessed it -- $12.
    So have to pay for transit of the case, both ways... AND have no product.
    F*** that...

I think this situation arose because Amazon does such brisk business in Hawaii,
    due to the cost of shipping crap here by container ship or air.
    They know that because Hawaiian businesses mark up the s*** out of just about anything,
    (the Young Brothers or Matson Tax, they call it, name of the big shipping companies that rule Hawaii)...
    that they have a regular monopoly on business due to selection --
    what alternative is there, besides eBay?
    (and if you buy things off eBay using Paypal,
    you'd best do some tech blog reading on recent forced tactics that brought them under FCC & NY SAG scrutiny)...

Honestly... this is garbage.
    It totally takes Amazon off the hook for selling worthless crap in their online store, despite being a Prime member...
    Which I'm going to protest by not renewing my Prime membership.
    Why on earth would I pay Amazon a revolving membership fee for services,
    when they make 100% profit from shipping defective items anyway?
    Very disappointed...

--

Rave:

Barring any *other* defective crap I have to return... tomorrow's like a mini-Xmas.
    Getting the Choe and 2x $8 disc Qi wireless chargers in the afternoon sometime,
    as well as another design of wallet case for the phone
    (pleeeeease let this one completely blow me away with its perfectness)... :fp:

It's about time I can just set my phone down to charge it, rather than fiddle with a microUSB jack...
    Besides, now any clients with a smartphone & wireless charging,
    can use the one in my office when they get worked on... a little bit of value-added stuff. ;)

19. MuhdNurHidayat

MuhdNurHidayat Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    mnh48com
    Rave: I got two weeks break for local festive! I can finally online to the max!

Rant: I think I've read everything yesterday, but now there's 2000+ unread Facebook group chats today? SERIOUSLY, WHAT ARE THEY WRITING THAT MUCH IN SHORT TIME!
    rant.jpg

20. kinakomochi

Rave(s):

The Choe wireless charger I got today was flawless -- well worth the $20.
    Great construction, seems to charge well... has smart coils so it goes into trickle standby... nice product.

Also, the $8 no-name wireless puck I bought off ebay, was a-mazing value...
    Charges faster then the more than double-over-price Choe,
    plus has 3 coils so can be placed any way atop it and it'll still charge.

Also, the guy I sold my SV650 track-prepped streetbike to, met with me today to finalize DMV stuff...
    DMV anywhere, but esp here in this County... is accepted as being nightmare fuel if you need anything done quickly...
    Had a big chunk of unpaid back taxes to pay on the bike's tags... so just bit the bullet to get it out of my hair.
    Buyer ended up gifting me a Franklin :shocku: to say thanks for being an honest guy... :^^;:
    Both of us had our share of bad deals with flakes on Craigslist... so I saw where he was coming from.
    Even so, was nice to get *that* much paid back on the taxes, just for being up and up... :approve:
    Not only that... but he's a custom house contractor... and was nursing his elbow,
    so I took a look at it... and fixed it. :awesome:
    So got a new client in the deal, too. :1st:

That's the good news... read the flip side for the bad. :^^;:

--

Rant(s):

In the prior post, was anxious about the other wallet case hopefully being as good as hoped... well, that didn't happen. :fp:
    It was leather(-like), which I liked... but was so bulky with the stuff in the older wallet case, that loaded, it felt like a pocket Old Testament. :fp::fp::fp:

I'd not covered yet what was wrong with the first replacement case, which was identical in design to the one for my GS4 I'd liked for two years...
    Putting the stuff from the old case into this new, identically-designed but longer case for the GS6... made the magnetic clasp fail. :tongue:
    Which made no sense; like saying 2-kg of flour in a 2-kg-sized bag, would split the seams on a 3-kg bag. :wall:
    So, while the other, more attractive case with more storage slots and pockets was on the way this weekend,
    I'd modified the new case with the magnets from the old case clasp (doubling its strength), to use as a backup. It worked...
    So when the 10-kg bag arrived... was shocked to find my 2-kgs of flour, filled up and split this bag. :wall::wall::wall:

:hmm:...

So, it wasn't a *huge* loss... but $10 is still a decent meal thrown down the drain...
    and my intuition about modding the formerly-useless case to work, in advance of this new leather one letting me down... was spot-on. :whistle:

Oh... and one of the two $8 ebay chargers? Defective. :wall: Contacted the seller already... hopefully get a resolution by Fri or so...

--

But luckily, that was all the bad that happened today, so can't complain *too* badly...
    Have two excellent wireless chargers (no more fiddling with which friggin' way is up for microUSB plugs)...
    Got to see my bike appreciated for all the hard work that went into it, by another longtime rider as myself... so it went to a good home.
    Plus he's now my bodywork client (and boy does he need the work). :^^;:

Last edited: Jul 15, 2015