Single [SINGLE] Iwasa Misaki 2nd [Moshimo Watashi...] (2013/01/09)

Discussion in 'Subunit/Solo News & Discussion' started by Arubaro, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Llewella

Llewella Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Re: [SINGLE] Iwasa Misaki 2nd 「Moshimo Watashi...」 (2013/01/

Because numbers after the 3 first ranks are restricted to paying customers of Oricon. We will have weekly numbers free ...

2. oltrebla

oltrebla Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takajoaki

19k copies were sold during the first week, taking #5 on Oricon weekly chart.

Although I'm sure the sales figure will go up after all the TV appearances and promotion events later, it's still slightly disappointing that the first week sales actually dropped comparing with Mujin Eki :(

Source: http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20130114-00000309-oric-musi

Edit: I know I'm not good at dealing with numbers, but I can't believe that I made such a stupid mistake :fp: Sorry for that

3. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru

Wait, what?!

I can't confirm since I'm on my phone right now but r u sure that isn't a daily number? It seems unbelievable that she would have only sold hundreds not thousands throughout the week when she consistently in the top 5/6. :yikes:

4. Llewella

Llewella Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki

It's 1.9 man => 19,000
    A bit lower than expected. But nice anyway.

5. oltrebla

oltrebla Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takajoaki

Sorry for all the scare guys...of course it is 19k.

6. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

So the first day was around 10k. Her comparative performance OK though always sitting at 6/5

Not so good compared to ME but good for Enka.

Think the tenor of song wouldn't appeal to many fans. However I think this particular release was more focused on a more traditional enka/ballad type of music with a view to her long term career.

The next solo should be an up tempo piece with wider appeal, and sometime this year.

But I agree this one should sell reasonable well during the year as well as ME...but they will need to keep up the promotion. I notice no TV performances so far except AKBINGO.

There may be a little warning in this for Wasamin's eletion prospects. If fan enthusiasm is waning...then she needs to keep up the promotional work...of course

7. Erin.

Erin. Kenkyuusei

^ Totally agree with this (especially the part about releasing another single this year - an uptempo one).
    They gotta keep up the excitement around Wasamin. Maybe Moshimo Watashi wasn't the best song for the job, but it's still a decent song and I think the sales are pretty good. Even the sales of the popular more AKB soloists tend to drop a bit.

Hopefully more tv appearances are coming up soon. With Mujin Eki it felt like she did another performance every time I blinked. [hehe]

8. sillythings

sillythings Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    sillythings48

Congrats to Wasamin!

It's been 40 years since a female enka singer has had back to back single (after debut single) to finish Top 5 in the rankings.

http://listen.jp/store/musicnews_42690_all.htm

9. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari

I am sure this is just the beginning of a long promotional trail. Spring to Summer should see a variety of events, and hopefully many tv appearances.

I am happy she achieved similar results with her 2nd single. Would have loved to see more growth, but I'll take it for now.

10. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

Yes congratulations Wasamin, its been a long journey to achieve her dream.

I think their expectations / hopes would have been to build on the momentum she gain from her first CD, the increased interest, invigorated fans and new fans. They would have been hoping for a noticeable increase to build on the first, not a huge amount but an increase nonetheless . Increased exposure, demonstrated singing ability and fantastic performer live.This get her a first ranking and at 33.

Really important to firm up and keep hooked those new fans, and the interest of the sleepy ones. You can't let things peter out and things cool down as fans can be distracted to other objects, interest lost and the momentum stalled. I think they may have waited a little bit too long...but hard to say.

But goes to show that being a good singer isn't enough, you got to have strategy, regular exposure and a good campaign. I expect Wasamin will get increased TV exposure from here and the regular campaigns aka ME.

But so far she is looking good - but the opportunity must be built on whilst fans are still awake and I think maybe an May/June release for another will be needed to try and leverage some momentum to get Wasamin launched into a stable singer orbit.

And this time...I am starving for seeing Wasamin's great live TV performances.

11. sillythings

sillythings Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    sillythings48

^Music Fair is coming up!

http://natalie.mu/music/news/83223

Wasamin also collaborated with Miwa and CGS for Sakura no Hanabiratachi

12. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

Seems many want to watch this duet Wasamin / Miwa rendition of 'Sakura no Hanabiratachi'
    16,021 views today... with 306 likes and 2 dislikes
    This is top shelf music.

Hopefully will boost Wasamin's reputation and sales of this single Moshimo Watashi.....

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJfgpMlh0N0[/yt]

AND next week on Music Fair....looks like Wasamin is going to be sining her new single to a Violinist (last year she did ME to talented guitarist...Kotaro Oshio). See the end of this MF clip...where there is a 2 second excerpt with violin.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBL3nwfJ1hk[/yt]

13. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari

I was so relieved to see this episode. High quality entertainment. It was a beautiful rendition of SnH. But what I especially loved was the way Wasamin carried herself alongside some serious showbiz heavyweights durinf the interview portion. I am so proud of her. And that episode next week...oh boy!

It is so nice to see what is possible when someone like Wasamin has a genuine talent. I think it would be great to see her continue to collaborate with folks outside of AKB. Just continues to build on her industry credibility.

14. setmaster

setmaster Kenkyuusei

Been listening to the Mujin Eki CD on the repeat for the whole day. Really love her voice. Can't wait until I get my hand on the Moshimo CD.

15. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

Also still waiting for my DVD to turn up... [wonder]

The figures for the Wasamin Miwa CGS duet Sakura no Hanabiratachi looking very nice on Youtube...in two days.....
    42,275 views ...
    451 likes
    10 dislikes

Which for the likes of Wasamin is excellent going, thanks to Miwa I guess, and a great performance all round. And nice harmony from Wasamin too....hehe she is learning the trade of professional singers....

Hoping others see this and invite Wasamin to do more of these duets, group efforts.

Hoping that this increased exposure and reputation building....will lead to more sales of ..Moshimo Watashi..!! Might be a slowish start...but could pick up a nice steady momentum throughout the year.

She on the up again...to #28 today on Oricon..

16. oltrebla

oltrebla Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takajoaki

38 5 ↓ もしも私が空に住んでいたら 1,827 20,756 13/1/9 TJC
    岩佐美咲 5 2

1827 copies were sold in the second week, which is not bad considering there weren't any promotion campaigns other than the Music Fair show last week. Looking forward to more TV appearances later.

17. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

At last my DVD/CD arrive!! [wonder] So long. Butg... [party]

Seems Wasamin's/Miwa's Youtube clip will hit 50,000 shortly with 98% Likes.. They got to put this onto CD/DVD it so good.

Watched the making of Moshimo Watashi.... and the discussion with one of her Senpai at Nagara Pro, Yutaka Yamakawa. Very good body language between them.

Good to see in the interview and the Making video Wasamin was cheerful, thoughtful and just came over as a beautiful intelligent young lady...and didn't once descend into that idol-like cute-ish giggle smile and two fingers head tilt thing that is often a reaction given among the girls when on film and they don't know what to say next. In fact Wasamin never tried any of the child like cute stuff. She is certainly an anti-idol type which will mean she wont get too high in the rankings...unless somehow she releases a real hit single..lol

Also as we have seen in the presence of adults and adult peers she is thoughtful, respectful but acts like an equal... and I think because of that they see her as an intelligent adult..or so it seems.

Our little Wasamin is very much the young lady Wasamin, but however with all the tastes of a teenager.

Don't miss the next Nottv... it has Wasamin, Maeda Ami and 2 others.... and was lots of fun...and pretty good performances from Wasamin who starting to show a more outgoing side.

18. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru

Very solid release.

Moshimo Watashi ga's chorus grabs me every time, it's so beautiful and lifting. I'm in the minority that actually loves Flying get (the song, the single not so much) and Wasamin's version is just as fun and addictive (though I seriously could have done without the back up singers). The Ishikawa-san cover is simply marvelous. Gorgeous vocals from Wasamin, at some parts, she had me pausing just to listen to the little nuances in her voice (my thirst for lossless CD rips made this even more satisfying). So wonderful to se--- ah, well hear a young artist serious in her craft. Still waiting on my LE, the interview sounds pretty nice.~ <3

19. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

Well Nottv is on youtube now today...so can watch the girls..having fun...

I guess this is more of Wasamin exposure for her campaign...

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9la_bAGw74[/yt]

20. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari

I loved that show! Watched it last night after unit matsuri. So refreshing to see Wasamin acting as a senpai. I hope I am luckier with the NOTTV lottery next time I am in town. Wasamin seems to appear quite often.