Single [SINGLE] Kasai Tomomi [Masaka] 2012/12/26

Discussion in 'Subunit/Solo News & Discussion' started by ithebigc, Nov 10, 2012.

1. upsidown

upsidown Kenkyuusei

Why can't I find her photobook on YesAsia yet?? Everyone else has it up for pre-order already.
    And my two copies of her single should be arriving any day now. I can't wait!

2. Taker

Taker Kenkyuusei

^
    YesAsia can be a bit late in these type of things, considering their HQ is in Hong Kong and not Japan. Give it a day or two and it should show up.

And neither is twisting one's comments or putting word in other's mouth when they never wrote those in their posts.

I was strictly talking about the single and sales and doing analysis before YOU drags me into this again by twisting my words.

I've been saying that we should stop for past what 2,3 posts now. It's you who continues to twist my words and push the matter further and I'm not going to just stay quiet when you are putting words in my mouth that I never once said.

And yes spread rumors is irresponsible behavior without anything else, but I did provide circumstantial evidences, and continued to do so even after you kept twisting my words.

You just refuse to accept them or even entertain the potential possibility.

And THAT is the really the difference here.

Well, I'm done for now as well, unless you want to keep putting words into my mouth.

3. tomomioshi

tomomioshi Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    tomomioshi
    I've heard that Tomo wrote the lyrics of "Watashi no Hikari", so I waited for my cd to confirm this news.

[​IMG]

She did!!! ☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆

4. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Yup. There is a nice translation of an interview she did for Oricon on Nihon Beat, here. She talks about writing the lyrics.

I think what she said about it was really cute. It makes me want to translate the song but I'm lazy so probably take a couple days to get around to it, haha.

5. Genbu

Genbu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    ^ well, wingom has translated the lyrics, and right now I'm in the middle of making a karaoke sub of this. I will upload them on my YouTube Channel when this is complete.

EDIT: It's Masaka, not Watashi no Hikari

6. songbac

songbac Kenkyuusei

Yeahh, She wrote Watashi no hikari lyric, I used google translate from kanji to english, and my friend translate from Chinese to my language, the lyric is so cute and touching :) :) :)

7. takin

takin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    When are we knowing the 1st week sales? :)

8. songbac

songbac Kenkyuusei

:) :) Have you guy watched Type B Kasai Tomomi Documentary. It's great, it's a first time I watch scenes that Tomomi-chan auditon in AKB48 :)

9. lusobr

lusobr Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    That's not how it works [wonder]
    The day after Christmas is a terrible release date. End of the year after a lot of people have already spent money and are saving up for the expenses to come in January. Most people are in an end of the year mood in which they are not thinking about buying stuff but rather relaxing. I know in Japan Christmas isn't celebrated the same way that it is in the west but it still is the end of the year. Holding it until 2013 would be better imo.

10. upsidown

upsidown Kenkyuusei

The mailman just dropped off my version A and version B copies of Masaka, time to watch and enjoy me some Chiyuu.
    On a side note, it's amazing how much the Christmas holiday slowed down packages from overseas to the U.S. My last order from YesAsia for Eien Pressure took 22 days to arrive. Masaka took 6 days with the same shipping option (my average for them has been between 7 to 10 days).

11. lusobr

lusobr Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    My comment wasn't meant as a way to absolve Kasai from her poor sales or to say the world is against her. It was just a point of fact.

A group as big and as established as Arashi can afford to release a single the day after Christmas or in the end of the year because they already have a large enough fan base to assure their sales won't be bad. Kasai is just starting her solo career.

Yes her loyal fans will and did buy the single regardless, but generally when you put out a single you want more people to buy it. If the release date is inconvenient for the general public and only your utmost loyal fans will buy it the numbers won't be as big as they could have been. That is not ideal to any artist, let alone a debuting one.

The number of young people who get extra money for the new year is not large enough neither reliable to actually buy her single. Releasing when most of the general public has disposable income and therefore more inclined to buying something they weren't planning to gets you a bigger chance to improve your sales instead of limiting it.

It would be more beneficial for Kasai to sell 40k in one actual week than rely on technicalities and sell 40k in two weeks. Had the release date been better she could've sold 40k first week and sold another 15k second week. The 1st week numbers would be the same but in my scenario she would have sold 55k while in your scenario she sold 40k in the same time span.

12. Taker

Taker Kenkyuusei

I also think the release day sucked, and I pointed that out back when the solo was announced. It's just doesn't make sense.

And while Japan might celebrate different way, the young people there (the prime market) might even take Christmas more seriously than people here in U.S. I mean Christmas Eve there are pretty much considered their 3rd Valentines Day...

13. upsidown

upsidown Kenkyuusei

Just finished watching both DVDs and I must say I enjoyed the video on Type B that looked at her history, made even more poignant for me knowing she is graduating. The songs are wonderful too.
    My only sadness is that I got the same photo in both versions. I knew there was a chance of that due to the fact there are only 5 possible photos, but I was hoping for two different ones. Oh well. Still totally worth it to me that I bought both A and B versions.

14. Taker

Taker Kenkyuusei

Well, while I do think the date sucked, but at same time I didn't think it's the sole reason for the sales number and like you said there really isn't a better time when taking everything into consideration...

I just wish that at least the core AKB shows especially AKBinog would market she solo a bit more, I mean Wasamin's 2nd is still a week away and they already started to market last week with short clip of MV and this week with live...

15. lusobr

lusobr Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Your estimation is a scenario... Arguing semantics is pointless so I'll just leave it at that.

Wasamin isn't really a hindrance for Kasai. It's enka, it has a very specific demographic so releasing it the same week as that would be no problem imo. Now more than Iwasa Misaki, I think releasing in the very first/second week of the year also isn't that great a date but still better than the day after Christmas.

I never said it was easy or that they did it on purpose. I'll repeat myself my comment was a point of fact. I was just bringing up the fact that her release date was awful, which you disagreed. I also never said they did it to hurt her. I understand finding proper release dates is a minefield. There's always something. But that doesn't change the fact her release date was terrible.

As a side note, I have not checked it so I might be mistaken, but I don't think any AKS group or member is releasing the last week of January. That would be a much better date imo.

16. mysoshipinups

mysoshipinups Kenkyuusei

[​IMG]

Let's just take a moment to appreciate how beautiful the CDs and the photocards are.

17. upsidown

upsidown Kenkyuusei

^
    Agreed! I don't often splurge for more than one version of any AKB CD, but for Chiyuu, it was a certainty. :inlove:

I'm greatly enjoying her version of Candy, it just fits her voice so well. And both the external photos and the ones in each booklet are beautiful, (I especially like the one facing the DVD in Type A).

Also, thanks for uploading images of your included photos. I unfortunately got two of the same photo (the one you have in the upper right of your picture) and have been wondering what the others looked like.

BTW, is the photo in the bottom right an external bonus, a store exclusive, or what?

18. songbac

songbac Kenkyuusei

I'm heard there are 5 types photo in CDs
    i got two, and know how the one is, but the others I've not seen yet.

This is mine

[​IMG]

19. lusobr

lusobr Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    @unwanted: I am not angry at you, just, as you said it yourself voicing my opinion. If you want to be rude about it go right ahead, but at least read my post properly. Yes I do believe me estimating how well she would sell with a better release date is the same thing as you ESTIMATING how well she will continue to sell. We are both basing our opinions on her numbers released so far so I have no idea why you think your estimation is more reliable than mine.

Yes Iwasa Misaki and Kasai Tomomi are a member of the same idol group. Is enka and pop the same style of music? Yes there might be a number of crossover fans among them but I doubt the number is big enough to be relevant when they are too completely different musical styles, specially since one of them, enka, has a very specific audience that hardly has any crossover with the style of music Kasai's single is.

You can be sarcastic as much as you want but that won't make it an argument over semantics. That's just you being rude.

The extra week long is irrelevant. It is only relevant to her final 1st week number of sales. The extra publicity time you think she got can actually be done anytime with a better release date. AKB and its sister groups still marketed Choco no Dorei, announced NMB's first single and had more appearances than Kasai by herself. Actually Kasai was part of those appearances but her single wasn't promoted even with the extra week you mentioned.

As you seem to not read my posts properly I'll say it yet again. I'm not trying to say they wanted to sabotage Kasai, I'm not saying she is a poor little thing that is a victim of the world. All I'm saying is her release date was a bad one. I'll reiterate that I'm not angry at you or anyone else who thinks her release date was good. I disagree with you and I've explained my reasoning a number of times. If you don't like it argue against it or leave it alone, being rude will take you nowhere.

20. deimos9

deimos9 Kenkyuusei

I think so. Cause I've seen two different types of the suit outfit and blue dress and just one of the pink dress.

I wanna do my best to collect them all just cause it's Chiyuu, this was my pull:

[​IMG]